Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128348 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission Landing
« Reply #3720 on: March 19, 2015, 07:54:32 am »

"Ooo, popcorn!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: March 19, 2015, 08:49:20 am »

"May the best mad scientist win!"

You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: March 19, 2015, 09:36:36 am »

I pull my legs up to my chest again, and hold them there as he assaults me with his questions, leaving them there when I respond.
"I'm here because I don't know what else to do. I'm here because I need to avenge my dead. The... Whatever  destroyed my home is still running free. I don't know its identity. I don't know its location. And I don't have the power I need to destroy it anymore. This is only the latest in a series of tasks given to me, and those tasks are a means for me to gain the information and power I need. If I cease to accept these tasks, then I'll be sent home... to die. So I do what I'm told, grow stronger, and learn all I can. But so far, every single task I've been given has required me to kill."
At this point, my head is half-buried in my knees.
"My body count is too high, but it's still nothing compared to the thing that destroyed my home, and all the lives there. And if I stop, then there will be no one and nothing left of my home. Nobody to remember what happened. Nobody to do anything about it. Until that is done, then even if I myself had no value, I couldn't afford to die. After that... It depends on what I am when it's done. I think I have value for my own sake though. I think that, if I can avoid becoming a true monster, despite what I have to do, then when I achieve my goal I'll still have value and meaning. That's my hope anyway."
I reach out to the flame in the lantern-jar with my abilities, my physical body still all curled up in a ball in my chair. I lift the flame gently up and out of the jar, and draw it towards me some, then slowly disperse it while keeping it under my control, filling the tent with hundreds of tiny motes of light and evenly lighting the room. I keep my tiny flame motes away from anything flammable or people, just leaving them floating in the air, and if people move near them, moving them away.
"I know I've saved some lives too, I... I tried to avoid kiling when I could, and to act with honor. I mean, the ones I... Well, the one of them I've pledged myself to personally, at least, isn't heartless. some of the others are total creeps. I've always asked all I could about my tasks, and tried to make sure that I was killing for a good reason. I'm really, really trying to do the right thing. It's just... I don't always know, you know? And sometimes when I try, it... it doesn't end well. Like... Like here."
I pause for several moments, unmoving in my chair.
only if he keeps acting sneaky:
"Are you going to attack me or not? You aren't super sneaky."

again, if at any point he attacks me, I respond with his immolation. If someone else attacks me, then if he seems to be party to the attack, then he's the first target, and my attacker the second. if he doesn't seem that way though, or if I'm not sure, then I'll target my attacker first.

Also, I'm specifically listening for someone trying to creep up behind me while I talk, and if I hear someone creeping up behind me, but they haven't attacked (yet) then I interrupt myself to say:
"-and I hear you behind me by the way."
but I don't turn to look at them, and I continue with my answer after a moment's pause.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: March 19, 2015, 09:50:34 am »

"A shame only one of us can win."
Spoiler: Let's move (click to show/hide)
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: March 19, 2015, 09:53:43 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Listen for sounds of interlopers or assassins, using my current lack of sight to its full advantage. Smell the air. Can I smell the fear of Mr. Kassiver? Or perhaps the masses?

Standing order if shit goes down (or "isgd" for short) is throw the bowl at whoever seems to blame except wise and gentle massah.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3725 on: March 19, 2015, 01:04:28 pm »

Campaign

I pull my legs up to my chest again, and hold them there as he assaults me with his questions, leaving them there when I respond.
"I'm here because I don't know what else to do. I'm here because I need to avenge my dead. The... Whatever  destroyed my home is still running free. I don't know its identity. I don't know its location. And I don't have the power I need to destroy it anymore. This is only the latest in a series of tasks given to me, and those tasks are a means for me to gain the information and power I need. If I cease to accept these tasks, then I'll be sent home... to die. So I do what I'm told, grow stronger, and learn all I can. But so far, every single task I've been given has required me to kill."
At this point, my head is half-buried in my knees.
"My body count is too high, but it's still nothing compared to the thing that destroyed my home, and all the lives there. And if I stop, then there will be no one and nothing left of my home. Nobody to remember what happened. Nobody to do anything about it. Until that is done, then even if I myself had no value, I couldn't afford to die. After that... It depends on what I am when it's done. I think I have value for my own sake though. I think that, if I can avoid becoming a true monster, despite what I have to do, then when I achieve my goal I'll still have value and meaning. That's my hope anyway."
I reach out to the flame in the lantern-jar with my abilities, my physical body still all curled up in a ball in my chair. I lift the flame gently up and out of the jar, and draw it towards me some, then slowly disperse it while keeping it under my control, filling the tent with hundreds of tiny motes of light and evenly lighting the room. I keep my tiny flame motes away from anything flammable or people, just leaving them floating in the air, and if people move near them, moving them away.
"I know I've saved some lives too, I... I tried to avoid kiling when I could, and to act with honor. I mean, the ones I... Well, the one of them I've pledged myself to personally, at least, isn't heartless. some of the others are total creeps. I've always asked all I could about my tasks, and tried to make sure that I was killing for a good reason. I'm really, really trying to do the right thing. It's just... I don't always know, you know? And sometimes when I try, it... it doesn't end well. Like... Like here."
I pause for several moments, unmoving in my chair.
only if he keeps acting sneaky:
"Are you going to attack me or not? You aren't super sneaky."

again, if at any point he attacks me, I respond with his immolation. If someone else attacks me, then if he seems to be party to the attack, then he's the first target, and my attacker the second. if he doesn't seem that way though, or if I'm not sure, then I'll target my attacker first.

Also, I'm specifically listening for someone trying to creep up behind me while I talk, and if I hear someone creeping up behind me, but they haven't attacked (yet) then I interrupt myself to say:
"-and I hear you behind me by the way."
but I don't turn to look at them, and I continue with my answer after a moment's pause.
You manage to draw a small amount of fire from the fire inside the lantern. Even though the magical fire inside it generates no smoke, the jar has small holes on its top that allow the smoke from the starter fire to escape. However, as you try pulling more, the magical fire disappears and is replaced by a slightly red spherical stone, similar to the one that was in it before it was activated, greatly reducing the illumination of the room in the process.
In response, Kassiver immediately gets up, pushing his chair back in the process. Should you or Ike choose to look at him, you will see that he has adopted a ready stance. He glances at the still glowing tool on the table and somewhere on his right again, but does not move further, letting you continue acting and speaking. Still, he keeps a close watch to the few fires you have spread around you, making sure to keep their distance from them.

He remains quiet for a few seconds after you finish, observing you, making sure you are done talking and not attempting anything else. When he speaks, the anger continues to be clear in his voice.
"... No. I am not going to attack you. Despite how much I would like to. I am a master mage, a seeker of knowledge. I am not a slave to my feelings.
However, threatening me and the other people here like this is not going to earn you any trust or leverage. Your threats do not scare me. I
will deal with you if I have to.
But, as I have stated repeatedly, I do not want to cause the people that have escaped the destruction
you have caused any more pain.
So if you truly mean what you are saying, then you will stop causing trouble, you will
stop what you are doing and calm down!"
While he started speaking quietly, the loudness of his speech rises as he speaks, his final sentence being close to shouting.

Campaign, Ike!

Listen for sounds of interlopers or assassins, using my current lack of sight to its full advantage. Smell the air. Can I smell the fear of Mr. Kassiver? Or perhaps the masses?

Standing order if shit goes down (or "isgd" for short) is throw the bowl at whoever seems to blame except wise and gentle massah.

Well, you can tell that he is currently having a fight or flight response at least. Not sure if it is due to fear though.

You can hear the two guards outside whispering, even though Irine can not.
"Did'ya hear that?"
"What?" *quiet* "Huh."
"I think there's something wrong."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: March 19, 2015, 01:24:24 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Massah, massah, why is screaming? Is it I? I will leave if it is I! Innocent children are waking!" Ike reacts, speaking under his breath as if completely shocked while averting his eyes completely, trying to shrink away from the hostile atmosphere in the room.

Suggest fearfully.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: March 19, 2015, 01:38:10 pm »

"I-I wasn't trying to threa- but I just-I didn't-I-Sorry!"
I release almost all of the flames, leaving a single mote near me lit, and then carefully put it back in the jar and see if the stone reacts to it.

if it doesn't then I ask him:
"H-How do I fix the light-jar?"

either way I stay still, curled up in the chair, and see what he says next.

"sorry..."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: March 19, 2015, 02:23:58 pm »

Spoiler: Time to get a move on! (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Fixed a bad case of retarditis.

EDIT2: Disregard, was too late.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 03:29:28 pm by akkudakku »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: March 19, 2015, 02:26:54 pm »

"Hold the hill? I got this. Them aliens might actually done somethin' useful to me for once."

Spoiler: I got this! (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: March 19, 2015, 02:46:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: March 19, 2015, 02:52:01 pm »

((I apologize deeply for being so late and out of the loop. Real-life chaos and all that smooth jazz...))

Campaign

Zechariah twitched his fingers, digging into the rough ground a bit. He was fighting with himself to choose the right words. He didn't want to break the momentum that they were gaining with his energy and train of thought. Still, he would feel wrong if he were just to idly agree with River. That wouldn't agree with his conscious thoughts. 

The physical body of the demon was long gone, but the spirit was still tormenting Zechariah in all of his waking hours. Making him doubt his every decision. Sending him into melancholy and depression, allowing his dark thoughts to pervade his mind and cloud his judgement.

"Look, I... I understand that you may have gone through different things in this.. place. There are different paths that you took, and maybe there are different things that I can do here. But that still doesn't forgive what I did so long ago. I still have ghosts that haunt me. There are so many things that I could have done to give us a better chance against the Shadow, but I didn't. I know that it's not the end result that counts, that it's the journey that makes us who we are. But even I can't believe in that now.

I know I'm being stupid. I know it's silly, and that I should be focusing on what I can do now. And I am. That's why I am here now. But there's still a feeling of.. loss. I'd call it loss. It's like something was torn from me that I can't get back. The Medium was my addiction. I loved being there, I loved helping people and creating things. There were many people that I met and talked with, interacted with and stood with.

But I didn't plan on coming back. I was planning on dying. I wanted to leave it all behind so that I could no longer cause suffering through Artemis, and myself. I didn't plan on leaving loose ends. I didn't plan on... being alive again."
Zechariah brushes some of the dust away from his surrounding area and stares at the ground, not knowing what to say.

"It just feels like... I'm lost. That was my final goal. I wanted to die. But now... I'm still here. And I don't know what I will do."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: March 19, 2015, 02:59:06 pm »

"Go team Welroki!  Hey various entities, it's too bad Alan isn't around to get us some couches, am I right?"

Let's play with my spear while I wait. Hmmm... is it in bracelet mode now, or even here?  If it's not here, see if I can will it into existence.  If it's here, press the Front, Back, Enlarge, and Shrink buttons to make cool stuff happen.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3733 on: March 20, 2015, 02:45:00 pm »

Staging Area

"Go team Welroki!  Hey various entities, it's too bad Alan isn't around to get us some couches, am I right?"

Let's play with my spear while I wait. Hmmm... is it in bracelet mode now, or even here?  If it's not here, see if I can will it into existence.  If it's here, press the Front, Back, Enlarge, and Shrink buttons to make cool stuff happen.
<Yes, I miss him so much I'm considering not allowing him to come back.>
<Don't be such a grouch.
Wouldn't you like a couch?>

"I've got a couch right here." you hear from behind you, along with the munching of popcorn. Looks like he has summoned a couch and is currently enjoying some pop corn.

You remove the bracelet and try pressing some buttons. Front and Back do nothing. Pressing Enlarge does something. The bracelet shrinks until it becomes a ring. Then the inside of the ring starts expanding, quickly filling out the inside of the ring and then expanding to either side of it, becoming something like a short staff. The pole keeps getting longer, quickly at first but more and more slowly as time passes. You stop pressing the button when it is about the size of a quarterstaff.
You hear giggling from behind you and some muttering about "enlarging your pole".
The Shrink button does the opposite, shrinking the weapon slowly at first and then much faster, until it disappears completely and it becomes a bracelet again.
It could probably work as a portable pull-up bar, if nothing else.

Second chance round

((For those of you without any speed bonuses or penalties, you'll all be moving in a standard speed. If you want to attempt to go faster than that, please mention it explicitly by saying something like "dash forward".

Generally, if you want to do something, the more explicit you are, the less chances you'll be misunderstood there'll be.))

"May the best mad scientist win!"

Spoiler: Time to get a move on! (click to show/hide)
"A shame only one of us can win."
Spoiler: Let's move (click to show/hide)
"Hold the hill? I got this. Them aliens might actually done somethin' useful to me for once."

Spoiler: I got this! (click to show/hide)

Everyone
As the competitors remove their parachutes and engage in their various actions, the battlefield does not stand still.

Another cargo plane dives through the clouds, leaving a stream of flares behind them that illuminate the terrain ahead of you, their jet engines making a deafening noise as they pass overhead before disappearing into the dark clouds of the night sky. As they pass, they drop more soldiers ahead of the tanks, soldiers that immediately start charging towards the hill.

The tanks keep slowly moving forward through the mud. They start slowing down, turning their turrets to take aim to the hill.
A flare flies from somewhere on the hill, falling towards the lead tank in a long parabolic arc.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

OOC
Got to cut this short due to unexpected things happening. That means no time to draw soldiers, but they are ahead of the tanks.
Campaign turn coming within the next few hours when I will hopefully be done with the things that are happening.

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: March 20, 2015, 03:32:41 pm »

"THE FUCK WAS THAT SOUND!?"

"God fucking damn, I have to start writing these down.. Was it 'SPIDDO APPU PRIZU'? Or was it 'DUN WAN TU DAI PRZ'."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 03:37:35 pm by akkudakku »
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 521