Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127931 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Nothing like the brochure
« Reply #2700 on: September 29, 2014, 07:42:19 pm »

((I'm not really sure what River means when he says Zechariah is fine. Did he do some weird healing ability to lessen his wounds, or did he just poke him until he was assured that Zechariah wouldn't collapse like a sack of bricks? Also, I'm still not sure if the injuries would need attention, since River seemed to just dismiss Zechariah.))
((You have not been healed. And, as I said before, your injuries do need attention sometime in the near future, but they are not immediately life threatening. Luckily for you, you didn't remove the entire barrier, else you'd be much worse.

I think in a real world situation your face would probably be considered a second degree burn. Correct treatment if I'm not mistaken is disinfection and application of sterilized gauze, perhaps with the addition of a tetanus shot and/or other antibiotics. About half of the rest of your body is first degree burns, so that would probably require the same, just making sure it is not infected. And there's your eye, from which you still can't see and you don't know why.

Do note that I have no medical training so I may just be saying stupid stuff.

EDIT: But, like all burns, they hurt a lot, especially if touched. Of course, Darkstar doesn't care much about that right now.))
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:44:34 pm by Parisbre56 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: September 29, 2014, 07:52:11 pm »

Nikolai: Campaign

"Thanks. Now let's get the hell out of here."
Go back inside, bandage my neck, and find River.
Edit: And gather a few tentacles in my backpack, as long as they aren't too gross. Nikolai needs rope.

((Once again, the mission's first kill goes to Nikolai. With an assist by Ike.))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:09:21 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: September 29, 2014, 07:54:59 pm »

((You have not been healed. And, as I said before, your injuries do need attention sometime in the near future, but they are not immediately life threatening. Luckily for you, you didn't remove the entire barrier, else you'd be much worse.

I think in a real world situation your face would probably be considered a second degree burn. Correct treatment if I'm not mistaken is disinfection and application of sterilized gauze, perhaps with the addition of a tetanus shot and/or other antibiotics. About half of the rest of your body is first degree burns, so that would probably require the same, just making sure it is not infected. And there's your eye, from which you still can't see and you don't know why.

Do note that I have no medical training so I may just be saying stupid stuff.

EDIT: But, like all burns, they hurt a lot, especially if touched. Of course, Darkstar doesn't care much about that right now.))
((Thank you, that was what I needed to know. I am very sleepy right now, so my turn will be posted later.))
« Reply #2703 on: September 29, 2014, 08:30:52 pm »

Survival
Use the Lift to escape

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: September 29, 2014, 09:08:26 pm »

((He said "It's fine, rub some dirt on it, walk it off" just like that old PE coach you hated.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: September 29, 2014, 09:13:45 pm »

Messy bastards.

Try out a vacuum cleaner.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: September 29, 2014, 09:15:03 pm »

((After this mission set, John and Alan need to have a crazy summon contest.

Also, roomba flashbacks.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: September 29, 2014, 09:19:01 pm »

((Oh god memories.
It's gonna be a glowing old fashioned version of a vacuum though, so not quite as deadly.))
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: September 29, 2014, 09:24:26 pm »

((With gears and belts and spinning parts?  I doubt that.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: September 29, 2014, 09:25:35 pm »

((Clockwork Roomba oh god why))
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: September 29, 2014, 09:55:12 pm »

((!!Idea!!))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: September 29, 2014, 10:02:38 pm »

((It was bad enough the first time, I don't know if I could survive it's grandpa.))
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: September 29, 2014, 11:37:01 pm »

Irine, Campaign

That is very much not fine.
I pause for a moment, then speak up.
"Zech, heat damages things over time. If that all came from one quick burst, then you're actually a lot better off than you feel right now. With the exception of the burns on your face, they're all really shallow. Get some clean cloth and string, and make a pad for the part of your face that's bleeding to let it clot. Fire leaves clean wounds, but open bleeding sores that contact the air will get infected anyway. The pain is only going to get worse as your body starts regrowing the burned-off nerves, be ready for that. You're going to feel horrible, but you'll live."
Not the full truth, but close, and it'll help Theri help him.
Only after I'm done speaking do I turn back to the rods and resume the earlier position and return to acting for River.
"Ready."
This is cold-hearted, but Theri can help him almost as well as I can and I think we're in a hurry here. I need to help River finish this as fast as possible.
I'll want to check out his wounds in detail later.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: September 30, 2014, 06:26:46 am »

((Gwuh, now I'm very out of place for doing little as mentioned in turn despite being right next to River a few turns back :X))

*still reading up*

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: September 30, 2014, 09:05:16 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Well, that was easy to resolve."

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

If I have something to transfer harvested alchemical ingredients into, get some choicier bits of yellow land octopus and stick them in there.

Then go to the Dark Room on the Right, that is, the dark room at the end of the side passage I haven't explored yet. Open door as before while stepping aside, listen and smell for danger, prepare to dodge.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 521