Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127729 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Nothing like the brochure
« Reply #2730 on: October 04, 2014, 01:15:31 am »

Irine, Campaign

I can handle some of the burden, if River needs to pass some of his exhaustion over to me, That is fine.
Complete our task, do River's will
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: October 04, 2014, 03:11:07 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Fascinating!"

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

Head back to look at who might have arrived. If I notice nothing there, click tongue a few times to echolocate, and also smell the air to see if anything's changed. Be ready to dodge. If no signs of anything terrible, cautiously head back. If there are any signs of invisible fuckery, throw some yellow goop at suspected locations of monsters.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: October 04, 2014, 04:58:42 pm »

At this point, I really shouldn't be expecting anything to go in my favor.
Because honestly, it's just not going to get better from here.

Turn myself to face the door and get into a combat stance. Ready my staff and observe the shadows around the area. Is anything being distorted, or do I hear anything? If so, try to locate this thing and manipulate any shadows to try and hold this... "thing" in place.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: October 06, 2014, 04:24:18 pm »

((Bump/Pretty sure everyone from the survival team posted an action.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2734 on: October 08, 2014, 01:39:46 pm »

Survival

"Eh, anything important I need ta kno before ya both die?"

After I get an answer, or if they don't answer, leave the room via jumping out the window.
Both of them pause for a moment and turn their heads to look at you while still keeping an eye on each other. They don't look very happy with you.

"You must reach the-" White's words turn into something between a scream and a gurgling sound as he flies backwards with his chest crushed, a result of one of Red's lightning fast punches.
Oh well. I bet whatever he was saying wasn't that important.

You start running away from the exit towards the opposite side of the room, intent on taking a shortcut towards the ground.
As you run, streams of fire fly by you, hitting the wall besides the door in front of you and exploding into fireballs.
You keep running, going through the fire blocking the door and emerge on the other side slightly burnt and with your coat on fire.
That done, you jump out the window. Of the 3rd floor. With the European meaning of third floor, which means three storeys above the ground floor. Storeys that were meant to house large works of art. Storeys large enough for people in huge armour can walk around without trouble. With only concrete below you. On which you are just about to belly flop.

They say that when falling from a great height, fear causes you to loose consciousness before you hit the ground. You aren't certain about whether or not you are unfortunate when this isn't confirmed by empirical evidence. Because when you hit the street below, go through it and land on a small sewage tunnel below, causing debris to fly everywhere, the pain almost causes you to loose consciousness anyway. On top of your everything hurting and being in terrible pain, you feel like something has stabbed you on the right side of your chest.

On the bright side, you are no longer on fire. So that's something.

Quickly change form to a bird, and fly directly upwards. If more blue lights attack, commence evasive maneuvers. Search for another person (A player) to kill.
You transform to a very small bird. You feel absolutely famished and are barely strong enough to fly up and away.

Still, looks like getting out of there was a good idea. A burning guy (literally burning, as in on fire) jumps out of the window you just escaped from and lands on the street below, breaks through the street and lands on a small underground tunnel, throwing pieces of concrete everywhere, causing cracks to form on the ground around his impact points and further destroying some of the cars around him.

A few moments later, there's a flash of red light and the top floor of the building you just escaped from is engulfed in flames.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Survival

John shrugged.  "Okay then."

Summon some pistols.
You summon a couple of M1911 pistols. They seems fine, fully loaded and the wooden grip fits comfortably in your hand.

"Sounds like it was a good thing we left.
Bryan shifts around so that he's standing in one of the corners next to the door, leaning on the walls.
"What do you think we're going to have to do to survive?"
Wait
Waiting.

Survival
> Wait for the door to open and get out
Waiting intensifies.

Survival

Wait for the door to open.
Waiting is over 9000.

You hear a rumbling coming from somewhere outside the elevator, although you can't pinpoint the location. The lights in the elevator flicker and you can feel it moving about a bit. Sounds like something happened out there.

With a ping the elevator doors open to the ground floor lobby. Lioraw steps outside while the rest take cover.

The room beyond the elevator doors is a simple yet large room, with little cover except for some support columns, some boxes near the corners and some sort of reception desk near the door leading outside. It was once lit by a chandelier hanging from the ceiling, which is now resting broken in the middle of the room, the only light coming from the burning cars visible through the wood and glass entrance doors. There is a large doorway leading to another room and smaller doorways leading to corridors.

The entire area bears the signs of combat, with bullet holes marring the lavish tapestries and blood from the bodies of the dead painting the carpets a darker shade of red. The doors in particular have quite a substantial number of bullet holes. It looks like they were attacked from the outside.

OOC
Looks like both missions are avoiding exposition so far...

((Bump/Pretty sure everyone from the survival team posted an action.))
Sorry for the delay. Was tired and busy, trying to adjust to changes in my schedule. Things will better from this point onwards, since I think I've found my rhythm.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:44:09 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: October 08, 2014, 01:45:04 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2736 on: October 08, 2014, 04:27:20 pm »

Campaign

Demons on the Prey
Nikolai: Campaign

"Who's there? Show yourself."
Sling a warning rock at the suspiciously open door.
There is no response.

You do your best to throw a rock towards the door, but it is still a great distance away and by the time you have got your sling ready to fire and let loose of the rock, it has already started reforming. Your throw is not very well aimed, but the rock hits one of the nearby pillars and find its way towards the door despite that. Despite the distance and the lost energy, the projectile keeps flying most of the way there. Once it lands, the stone bounces and rolls the rest of the way there. It hits the door. Nothing happens. The rock just rebounds backwards, sliding on the smooth floor for a few more centimetres like a curling stone before stopping. Hmmm...

At this point, I really shouldn't be expecting anything to go in my favor.
Because honestly, it's just not going to get better from here.

Turn myself to face the door and get into a combat stance. Ready my staff and observe the shadows around the area. Is anything being distorted, or do I hear anything? If so, try to locate this thing and manipulate any shadows to try and hold this... "thing" in place.
You stand next to Nikolai and get into a defensive stance while carefully observing the area around the door. You think you can see something on the floor and walls near it. It's very difficult to see. It's dark near the door but it's bright where you are standing, so it is hard for your one good eye to adjust. And it's a great distance away. But you're certain that it's there. Like there are some short thin lines with slightly different colour near it. You use the darkness to nudge them a bit but that does nothing more than cause the part that you touched to disappear. Hmmm....

Campaign, Ike!

"Fascinating!"

Head back to look at who might have arrived. If I notice nothing there, click tongue a few times to echolocate, and also smell the air to see if anything's changed. Be ready to dodge. If no signs of anything terrible, cautiously head back. If there are any signs of invisible fuckery, throw some yellow goop at suspected locations of monsters.
Not there yet. I think I'll stay in combat time for now.

But that mental image of you throwing goop is fun.

Irine, Campaign

I can handle some of the burden, if River needs to pass some of his exhaustion over to me, That is fine.
Complete our task, do River's will
No. My body is not for combat. You defend them better than me if needed.
I have thought of how to regain my strength. But we must finish this first.

As said above, still in combat time, so not much interesting going on. Just River and you putting the finishing touches on the barrier module.
Feel free to talk if bored.

Map: http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac165/parisbre56/map7_zps24950051.png
River (NPC) -> Black
Theri (Tiruin) -> Turquoise
Irene (Lenglon) -> Orange
Zechariah (DarkArtemisFowl) -> Light turquoise
Ike (Harry Baldman) -> Pink
Alan (Xantalos) -> Red
Nikolai (NAV) -> Green

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: October 08, 2014, 05:00:32 pm »

Follow the man who jumped from the building. If I catch him, land on his shoulder, become a black widow, and bite him. My poison will end his life. Then, return to bird form and flee back towards the building.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: October 08, 2014, 06:47:56 pm »

((I would converse, but side conversations would slow down the process of building the barrier...
eh, whatever, I'm bored and it was invited.))
My body isn't for combat either though, My greatest tool, both for building and for battle, is and has been my mind...
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
« Reply #2739 on: October 09, 2014, 03:46:46 am »

Survival
Check the other rooms for useful items and out of the building

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: October 09, 2014, 08:13:26 am »

Survival

John handed out the pistols to whoever wants them.  "Right, here you go.  Now let's get out of here."

Is there a back door?  That's probably better.  Poke around for one, but don't get separated from the group.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: October 09, 2014, 10:45:28 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Leap like a ravenous goat toward my goal! The delay is making me frightened and confused! Commence previously stated plans when there!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: October 09, 2014, 03:26:04 pm »

Campaign
Continue the tried and true rock throwing method to detect invisible things. Be well prepared to advance backwards should things become dangerous.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: October 09, 2014, 04:01:36 pm »

Survival

Ow. Climb back out, and find a doctor to fix me up
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: October 09, 2014, 04:57:01 pm »

Survival

Look around the place. Watch for enemies.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 521