Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125109 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 3
« Reply #2445 on: September 15, 2014, 12:58:17 pm »

"So what does toached mean in Urbanian argot? and maybe I could, but I wouldn't without a good reason."
I don't think I could, actually. He looks pretty fit. Everyone thinks I'm super-powerfull, but in reality it takes so long for me to get ready...

"Hell if I know. I assume 'torched', which seems totally possible, given appropriate circumstances. Or maybe it has some other non-obvious subtext, probably involving raping and pillaging like an old-timey barbarian. And you could do it, I'm sure, if he messed with you. Believe in me! I know these things!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: September 15, 2014, 01:28:30 pm »

((note that the uncolored, italicized text is my internal thoughts on the matter))
"Still..."
I turn back towards the newcomer.
"I'm sorry, but I think you've mistaken me for someone else."
"Woah, wait. I never said I believed you were a lizard! Just teasing you there, silly one!"
"Um...well, River helped shape this place. It's pretty amazing, though. But why again are we in this competition? I feel like I just jumped into something a lot bigger than I expected it to be--and only hours before that, I was...well, I don't exactly know what I was doing. Just that I was in a new place before all this."
"You don't remember what you were doing? Did coming here mess up your memories somehow?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: September 15, 2014, 01:38:19 pm »

Zechariah was a little ticked off by her statements. He didn't think that the could put up much longer with her sarcastic, over-drawn tone.
"Yes, I have another question," he said with slight irritation in his voice. "Why do you just assume that everything I do has to be calculated and for a selfish purpose? Why can I not just be friendly, or wanting to get to know other people? I don't want any of your weaknesses or your secrets. That's not what I asked for! I just want to know you better, as a friend. Not as an enemy, not as a superior, but as a friend. That's all. I don't have some ulterior motives against you or anyone." Zechariah paced around once again, his aqua irises glowing lightly.

"I'm not here to instigate some kind of multiuniversal war between all-powerful deities who work for selfish means. I want everyone to treat each other well. Because, if there's one thing I learned from my time in the Medium, there is a threat bigger than you or me, the other deities, the other competitors, the Guardians, Eido Aeterno.. all of us! And guess what? That threat comes from within! You have the power to work for the betterment of others, to enable everyone to unite in the defense of everything that has existed and will continue to exist! So why don't you focus on that, instead of playing this stupid wargame?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: September 15, 2014, 01:49:09 pm »

"You don't remember what you were doing? Did coming here mess up your memories somehow?"
"...Well, I'm unsure. I remember who I am and my past, obviously--just the exact things I was doing before this was the note in question."

Theri massaged the back of her left hand while speaking. It was a calming measure she didn't pay heed to.

"And coming 'here' is pretty much a punch in the dark. Remember where we met? That was...not where I 'came' in the first place. I met River all before this, though. Before that event by the Cliff. I was actually overlooking you all at that time--tiny dots you were all below me and him. Anyway, I met him and a few wolves before all this. We talked, he introduced me to a few concepts, and I grew to like his person. Then we...moved to the cliff, seemed like the same area anyway."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: September 15, 2014, 01:55:16 pm »

"Hmm... Well, um, you know how I mentioned that anyone can reshape this place somewhat? I think... Well, each of us has our own personal area, a space where only ourselves and the Entity that picked us can go, and we're the only ones that can shape those areas. I think you probably were first brought to your personal area, and then later went to the shared area we're in now."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: September 15, 2014, 02:09:11 pm »

Entity? Huh, I wonder what I've got that counts as an entity...
Theri made a spinning gesture with her index finger. "Roll back a bit. I didn't ask River when he said it at first but, 'reshape' means...what, exactly? He told me he reshaped a bit of this place himself but- c-could..."
Huh. Is this place real? I mean-
A torrent of thoughts came by, each with different notions as to the place in itself, and the exact 'familiarity' Theri had with it. Her eyes glanced around the room, setting on wood and floor and ceiling and person, before she spoke once more.

"Where are we exactly?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: September 15, 2014, 02:24:59 pm »

"This is called the Staging Area, and it's a kinda weird place. It is what people make of it, in a very, very literal sense. You can change it too, if you want too. All you have to do is will it."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2452 on: September 15, 2014, 02:30:55 pm »

By the way, I believe you all know the layout of the place by now, so if you want to go somewhere or speak to someone, there's no need to post an action, unless you want to somehow interact with the environment.

"See you John. Alan."
Nikolai walks away, talking quietly to himself
Some very strange people here. Very strange. Did that woman have fur?
Go claim a house. A small cabin.
Set my cup's shards on the table and begin glueing it back together.

You go claim a small cabin, just a small room with a bed, a table, a fireplace and some cupboards and boxes really.

You get back near the waterfall to gather the pieces of the mug and then return to your cabin.
You set the pieces on the table and start putting them together. You lack glue, so you just sort of put them together like it's a puzzle and hope friction will make them stick.

You do a pretty good job. All the pieces are back together now. And more.
By more, I mean you seem to have managed to somehow add a few extra pieces.

> Try to Find the kitchen, so I can eat something.
You follow the hallway until you reach the stairway that leads to the bottom floor of the inn.

There's a large number of people gathered near a table, discussing something, but otherwise all of the chairs and tables in it are empty.

You approach the counter, where a Viking and a werewolf are talking to each other quietly. They stop talking when you get near them and the Viking turns to face you.
"Welcome to Drake's!" the Viking says merrily.
"I'm Drake. What can I get for you?"

"Hello there sir.  My name is Bryan, may I ask who you are?"
((I'd like to go on the survival mission.))
The man (Roc CURIOUSBEAST_EATER) walks away before you can speak to him.

"Um... sure!"

John helps himself to some of the less-burning popcorn.
Alan has very helpfully eaten the burning popcorn off the top of the can, leaving you some slightly burnt pop corn for you.
It is... Okay. A bit more crunchy than pop corn is supposed to be. And has an after-taste of ash. And it feels a bit stale.
Okay, it might not be that okay, okay?

"Whyza buncha predators over here, whatarya talkin bout'. Were you all those guyz ha toached ze old district?"

Tighten grip on table, be ready to react.

(Up for survival, I can give you some ideas of some districts and enemies if you want.)
I've already got the mission planned, but I won't say no to a few ideas. I can always make a few last minute changes if you got any good ideas.
Death glare.

"Why do you talk like that. Ze old district waz mah home, and nothin but beauty, and dey destroyzit, why? You predators were s'pose to help us, but all ya do, is hunt us down like prey, and eat us alive. What's "dayum strit" and "Hud"? "
Death glare.
"Not in prison, there's no prison in Urbania. Predators are right there."

Point at the fox people. Give them death glare.

"Who.. are you? And what's keeping me from ripping you apart like you've done to mah Genes?"
Death stare intensifies.

Kinda wishing you'd chosen death stare as a power now, right?

Zechariah was a little ticked off by her statements. He didn't think that the could put up much longer with her sarcastic, over-drawn tone.
"Yes, I have another question," he said with slight irritation in his voice. "Why do you just assume that everything I do has to be calculated and for a selfish purpose? Why can I not just be friendly, or wanting to get to know other people? I don't want any of your weaknesses or your secrets. That's not what I asked for! I just want to know you better, as a friend. Not as an enemy, not as a superior, but as a friend. That's all. I don't have some ulterior motives against you or anyone." Zechariah paced around once again, his aqua irises glowing lightly.

"I'm not here to instigate some kind of multiuniversal war between all-powerful deities who work for selfish means. I want everyone to treat each other well. Because, if there's one thing I learned from my time in the Medium, there is a threat bigger than you or me, the other deities, the other competitors, the Guardians, Eido Aeterno.. all of us! And guess what? That threat comes from within! You have the power to work for the betterment of others, to enable everyone to unite in the defense of everything that has existed and will continue to exist! So why don't you focus on that, instead of playing this stupid wargame?"
<Because that is the nature of my existence. Because that is the nature of all existence. Because it is the truth. All being seek seek power, even if they do not realise it. They work together to gain more power, they band together when they face someone more powerful, but in the end, they all want power, for whatever reason. What is friendship other than another form of power, a social contract that enforces the will of one onto another? What is love other than the craving for power over someone, for control of their fate, a veiled expression of vanity and primal instincts?

The evidence are there for all to see, even if they refuse to do so. So I will work with others when it suits me and I will work against them when I have a chance to gain more. I will take advantage of circumstances until we end up on top and nobody can oppose us.

Do you do anything different? Just because you cloak your quest for power in a shade of morality, because you believe you want it for a purpose you deem better than the others', you think that changes what it really is? In the end, you want power, just like everyone else and you would kill me gladly to gain that power if you had the chance, despite any proclamation you make of being my 'friend'.

Now it would be my turn to ask a question and I would probably ask why you feel the need to prove that you are->

She stops talking for a while and then continues more calmly.

<I said that I would attempt to be more patient with you. So I will let your little outburst slide and let you carefully consider another question.>

EDIT: Missed you.
"Accursed sand!"

"Wherefore didst thou bringest me hither?"

"And what art thou?"

Question and receive answers.

((I'd like to join a mission.))
"A goddess. I've chosen this form and place to make our introduction.

As for why I brought you here, I have a purpose for you. I will have you work for me. Complete the challenges I set you, until you are ready to face what I require of you. Should you prove worthy, I will repair that broken shell of yours and make you formidable again and grant to you anything you require."

OOC
You guys (and girls) are fun. Especially Ike.

And Theri has no personal area nor was she brought here the same way you were.
If Tiruin has no problems, I could go back and add those PMs I sent her to the thread in appropriate places.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:37:05 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: September 15, 2014, 02:33:07 pm »

"I still can't grasp how thoughts affect reality...exactly. I mean I did talk it over with River but...there should be a process to it right? Like how muscles w-...All I've to do is will it, you say?"
A certain set of imagery returned to Theri.
Waterfall.

Will: Try to reshape part of this area into a waterfall upstream of the town, wherein the stream in question leads to a watermill!

"So how's about a waterfall?-...wait, if this can be reshaped at will, wouldn't it be vulnerable to chaos?"

Edit: ((PPE: Just as I was going to post. :P))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: September 15, 2014, 02:35:39 pm »

"It is, in more ways than one"
PMing action to Paris

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: September 15, 2014, 02:36:03 pm »

((Did you miss my turn, Paris?))
"Accursed sand!"

"Wherefore didst thou bringest me hither?"

"And what art thou?"

Question and receive answers.

((I'd like to join a mission.))
((Oh, you actually noticed it quicker than I did. I hope that Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe isn't too troublesome for you.))
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:38:24 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2456 on: September 15, 2014, 02:40:32 pm »

((No, no trouble at all. It's kind of fun.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: September 15, 2014, 02:45:33 pm »

John arched an eyebrow at Alan.  "A bit crunchy.  Hey, we should head into the tavern; looks like everyone else is headed there now."

John turned and walked into the tavern area.

"Hey there everyone; you enjoying the town?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: September 15, 2014, 02:46:11 pm »

"I sense meaning in the air!"

PM action!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2459 on: September 15, 2014, 03:14:41 pm »

"I still can't grasp how thoughts affect reality...exactly. I mean I did talk it over with River but...there should be a process to it right? Like how muscles w-...All I've to do is will it, you say?"
A certain set of imagery returned to Theri.
Waterfall.

Will: Try to reshape part of this area into a waterfall upstream of the town, wherein the stream in question leads to a watermill!

"So how's about a waterfall?-...wait, if this can be reshaped at will, wouldn't it be vulnerable to chaos?"

Edit: ((PPE: Just as I was going to post. :P))
((There already was a waterfall in the area, so I'll just do the second part, unless you want to create another one or bring this place closer to the waterfall.))

You focus on your intentions and ask for them to become reality.

You can't see the results of your actions, but from the quiet rumbling you hear coming from somewhere far away, you guess that it must have had some sort of effect.

"It is, in more ways than one"
PMing action to Paris
Irene very calmly proceeds to perform what looks like a very complex physics distorting magic trick in one swift motion.

She reaches down to grab a flaming sword that forms on her shadow's hand, forcing it to become a physical, three dimensional object.
She then use the sword to deflect the light out of the air and use it to create a reflection of Ike on the floor.
The reflection stays there as space deforms around her in a four dimensional way most minds would struggle to comprehend, so that when the distortion ends, she is left sitting on one of her tails, which is hovering a few decimetres off the ground.
She jumps off of it and onto the image of Ike, shattering it like glass into tiny little pieces that dissipate a few seconds later, while at the same time she pushes her sword behind Theri's ear.
While the tip of the sword disappears on one side of Theri's ear, it doesn't reappear on the other side, even as Irine keeps pushing the handle. She keeps pushing until the entire sword and part of he hand has disappeared, before she retracts her hand, the sword now gone.

All in all, it takes less than 12 seconds.

"I sense meaning in the air!"

PM action!
Meanwhile, a group of rather fungal-like humanoids with mushroom caps with glowing bioluminescent eyes instead of heads appears in an unoccupied corner of the room. They are wielding several musical instruments, which they are using to play zeuhl, singing the lyrics with their grainy squeaky voices.

Ike smells his milk and smiles contently while tapping his foot to the tune.

People outside
You hear a noise coming from the direction of the waterfall.
Those of you who choose to look can see the waterfall becoming wider, more water rushing through it and the tip of a conical roof appears behind the treetops somewhere in its direction.

OOC
We were talking, eating, drinking...
And then everyone decided to destroy reality.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:33:53 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 521