Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124785 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 3
« Reply #2430 on: September 15, 2014, 10:41:06 am »

Pretty good, actually, want some?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: September 15, 2014, 11:03:23 am »

"Um... sure!"

John helps himself to some of the less-burning popcorn.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: September 15, 2014, 11:22:07 am »

"I asked my close friend if I could just...well, talk to you, y'know? So the best way I thought of was to surprise you." Theri replied happily. At the sound of another voice, Theri continued along, but in a lower whisper so as not to interrupt. "Oh, I also talked about the mission--River said that whoever Victor was...um, isn't. Anymore.
"Who's your friend?"

"Theri, this is Ike, Ike, Theri. Ike's a good teammate, even if he does look funny. I worked with him on the mission before last. Ike, Theri here was my ally this last mission, I think you'd remember her host, Awena, as the girl with the knife at the end."
"Man, I don't even know. Nobody really wanted to talk to me, so I just shot everyone who got in the way. I assume I was on the opposite side than you, at least, considering you tried to kill me with fire a lot. I did kind of gain the upper hand at the end when I lobbed some C4 in that room you seemed to be in, though I kind of messed up when I didn't double tap who I assume was your host by the end, given how the fire crap stopped when she was out. Guess the lack of breathing wasn't enough evidence, eh?" Ike laughs.

"Have to say, though, odds were a bit stacked against me there. I counted five players out to get me or mess with my objectives, most of which I had to kill or cripple in some way, as well as a whole dang factory full of goons to mow through. And one guy doing roughly the same thing, but seemingly completely ambivalent about my existence. Lucky I had the foresight to get all those explosives and armor, I tell you. And that ol' Ike Wayne was as connected as he was. Top-notch fellow, really. Kind of glad he got a happy ending, even if I lost points for it."

"So, if you don't mind me asking, what the hell was even happening back there? Started out as your regular 'kill the rebels' business, but it did go on a turn for the really strange at the end."

Wait, Ike was the armored...
"Um...  heh, yeah. Zoe was a clever girl. It was her idea to hold her breath and pretend to be dead. Anyway, um, T-Target Amethyst was, kinda able to determine which Entity ended up in control of that world? Charlie and that guy who organized our first mission were competing against each other for it. I kinda messed it up by making Stellar get it instead. I'm not sure if they're mad at me for that or not. Charlie... Charlie's a little hard to read sometimes, and I haven't talked to the other guy at all."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: September 15, 2014, 11:28:38 am »

"Whyza buncha predators over here, whatarya talkin bout'. Were you all those guyz ha toached ze old district?"

Tighten grip on table, be ready to react.

(Up for survival, I can give you some ideas of some districts and enemies if you want.)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:41:11 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: September 15, 2014, 11:41:05 am »

"Theri, this is Ike, Ike, Theri. Ike's a good teammate, even if he does look funny. I worked with him on the mission before last. Ike, Theri here was my ally this last mission, I think you'd remember her host, Awena, as the girl with the knife at the end."

"Oh, her! Hi, Theri! I think I shot you dead at the end there, maybe. But then the world flipped itself strange-wise. But this is what I mean! They give us a simple job, two teams. Except there's, like, two people on one team, neither of which know about the other one's work, and then there's millions of members on the other team crawling out of the woodwork along the way, and all of them are working together to some degree. What's up with that?"

"Um...  heh, yeah. Zoe was a clever girl. It was her idea to hold her breath and pretend to be dead. Anyway, um, T-Target Amethyst was, kinda able to determine which Entity ended up in control of that world? Charlie and that guy who organized our first mission were competing against each other for it. I kinda messed it up by making Stellar get it instead. I'm not sure if they're mad at me for that or not. Charlie... Charlie's a little hard to read sometimes, and I haven't talked to the other guy at all."

"I don't know who either of those people are, and I'm kind of glad. Anybody responsible for that clusterfuck doesn't sound like a pleasant person, really. Seems like a hotbed of hurt feelings when they bring all these stupid politics into good, clean fun, doesn't it? I swear, it's like the dang Greek pantheon all over again."

"Whyza buncha predators over here, whatarya talkin bout'. Were you all those guyz ha toached ze old district?"

Tighten grip on table, be ready to react.

(Up for survival, I can give you some ideas of some districts and enemies if you want. I doubt it, but it could take place in Urbania if you want.)

"Damn straight they toached ze old district, cuz! That hood was downright unsightly. So don't you mess with homegirls I-Pain and T-Money here, or else they're gonna skin ya alive and melt what's left, y'heard?"

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: September 15, 2014, 11:45:31 am »

Death glare.

"Why do you talk like that. Ze old district waz mah home, and nothin but beauty, and dey destroyzit, why? You predators were s'pose to help us, but all ya do, is hunt us down like prey, and eat us alive. What's "dayum strit" and "Hud"? "
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: September 15, 2014, 11:50:11 am »

"Damn straight they toached ze old district, cuz! That hood was downright unsightly. So don't you mess with homegirls I-Pain and T-Money here, or else they're gonna skin ya alive and melt what's left, y'heard?"
Death glare.

"Why do you talk like that. Ze old district waz mah home, and nothin but beauty, and dey destroyzit, why? You predators were s'pose to help us, but all ya do, is hunt us down like prey, and eat us alive. What's "dayum strit" and "Hud"? "
"Ehhhh?? W-what are you two talking about?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: September 15, 2014, 11:58:30 am »

Death glare.

"A hud's a district, but shorter, and zus superior in raw termage, savvy? An ze old adage, it goes two ways, oui oui? Ze one man's trash, it is ze other man's treasure, and, how you say, vice versa? As for why, well, zey iz predators, bro, and zey predate, y'heard? But hey, now zey are in prison, and you're in prison, and zo zey can't toach no hoods, old or young, no more. So it's all good, dude."

"Ehhhh?? W-what are you two talking about?"

"I have no idea. I assume he does, though."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: September 15, 2014, 12:05:18 pm »

"Not in prison, there's no prison in Urbania. Predators are right there."

Point at the fox people. Give them death glare.

"Who.. are you? And what's keeping me from ripping you apart like you've done to mah Genes?"

Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: September 15, 2014, 12:10:12 pm »

"Not in prison, there's no prison in Urbania. Predators are right there."

"Zis ain't Urbania, blood! Zis is contest of ze champions, place beyond places, time beyond time! The greatest show in ze multiverse, cuz, and you've got ze center stage!"

"And flash of news for you, homegrown veggie, nobody 'round here knows what you're yammering on about, in all honesty."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: September 15, 2014, 12:11:49 pm »

"I-I'm Irine, and I have no idea what you're talking about!"
I turn to Ike
"Stop being so mean! First you try to make everyone think I'm a lizard, now you're saying I eat people?!? Why do you keep doing this to me?!?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: September 15, 2014, 12:24:35 pm »

Theri gave Irine a subtle nudge, very aware of where her tail was swishing in the closed environment.

"You'd be the nicest lizard I've ever met...if you really are a lizard anyway. You don't look like a lizard though."
She was curious about many things: Ike and the other person seem to be talking about the last 'mission', but then there were more details she did not understand...at all.

"We're in some sort of contest I take it? Given the names and the mention of teams, that is. I didn't know I was competing in one (though it does make sense)" she said, as the image of what happened before the mission came into memory. "What're we all here for and on that note, why were you all gathered in that one area below a cliff last time I saw you all?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: September 15, 2014, 12:27:01 pm »

"I-I'm Irine, and I have no idea what you're talking about!"
I turn to Ike
"Stop being so mean! First you try to make everyone think I'm a lizard, now you're saying I eat people?!? Why do you keep doing this to me?!?"

"Sorry. I just figured I'd throw the poor guy a bone, you know? He seems really confused, is all."

"Also, I never said you ate people! Just that you toached the old district, which I'm fairly sure doesn't mean anything in particular outside of a very narrow subset of impenetrable Urbanian argot, and that you'd totally skin this dude alive and melt what remains if he messed with you, which I'm pretty sure you could do."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: September 15, 2014, 12:46:34 pm »

not her too!
"I'm not a lizard!!! I'm really, really not!"
"Uhhhh.... yeah, we are kinda in a competition of sorts. We were gathered here before to get told what the next mission was going to be. It looked different then because anyone can reshape this place however they want. Apparently somebody decided to build a town."
and it's back to Ike.
"So what does toached mean in Urbanian argot? and maybe I could, but I wouldn't without a good reason."
I don't think I could, actually. He looks pretty fit. Everyone thinks I'm super-powerfull, but in reality it takes so long for me to get ready...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: September 15, 2014, 12:53:26 pm »

"Woah, wait. I never said I believed you were a lizard! Just teasing you there, silly one!"
Theri noted the idea of anyone reshaping this place.
Huh, there must at least be a waterfall and water-powered devices then. Just for that tiny knack of natural joy.
"Um...well, River helped shape this place. It's pretty amazing, though. But why again are we in this competition? I feel like I just jumped into something a lot bigger than I expected it to be--and only hours before that, I was...well, I don't exactly know what I was doing. Just that I was in a new place before all this."
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 521