Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124628 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 3
« Reply #2475 on: September 15, 2014, 07:53:13 pm »

Zechariah smiled once again. He wasn't sure if she truly did have another motive other than power, but he was glad that he chipped at least a tiny bit of Scion's facade away.
"I agree. Thank you this, Scion. I do look forward to this.. cooperation. Hopefully, this will be a new start. A second chance for me, and.. an opportunity for you.
Until next time."

He lifted himself off the bed and began walking to the edge of the cavern.

A renewed opportunity.
A second life.
Without Artemis.
With a new patron.

...This is gonna be both hell and paradise.

Exit out of this cavern. Go around and.. explore!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: September 15, 2014, 08:01:53 pm »

OOC
You guys (and girls) are fun. Especially Ike.

And Theri has no personal area nor was she brought here the same way you were.
If Tiruin has no problems, I could go back and add those PMs I sent her to the thread in appropriate places.
((Create a dumplog in a spoiler here, so at least the talk will be on a similar line to the people and posts relevant to it--so those who browse back may find it easier.

Searchword: Peregrine. ;3

Though you could do that too. Edit lotsa posts! :3))

((This Old English thing is harder than I thought. I constantly check if there isn't something wrong with it.))
((Well, old English is very strange. At least, it looks strange to me. It doesn't even seem like an 'old' language, it's like a different dialect of English. Then again, I'm no linguist and English is not my first language, so what do I know?))
((Oooo! I can help you there. Seems like your character is using a mix of Old English huh.))

Theri twitched, more specifically only to Irine's display of what she could consider magic, too focused on that to relatively notice the works of others.

She also held uncomfortably still as Irine passed a sword...at her.

"W-what's going on?" she said with a shaky tone, looking to the opposite side from Irine's hand as she finished. "What's happening?"

She whimpers.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: September 15, 2014, 08:02:38 pm »

Eat dark mayors

John sat down at the bar and addressed the bartender.

"I see others eating here... any chance for a bacon cheeseburger and some Coke?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: September 15, 2014, 08:18:42 pm »

Alan is intruding dangerously close to my niche with his summoning big things. Go tsar his tricycle to show him the true meaning of HUGE!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2479 on: September 15, 2014, 08:46:53 pm »

Hmm. This requires careful thought!

Summon giant shoes! Try to make them so they're wearable by me somehow.
Yep, still rolling only 6 and 1.

You shoot a giant pair of rubbery shoes out of your hands. They rebound off the tavern and head back to your hands, fitting over them like giant blocky sleeves.Your hands are stuck. You can't get them out. Now you have shoes instead of arms.

I guess that technically qualifies as wearing them.

Zechariah smiled once again. He wasn't sure if she truly did have another motive other than power, but he was glad that he chipped at least a tiny bit of Scion's facade away.
"I agree. Thank you this, Scion. I do look forward to this.. cooperation. Hopefully, this will be a new start. A second chance for me, and.. an opportunity for you.
Until next time."

He lifted himself off the bed and began walking to the edge of the cavern.

A renewed opportunity.
A second life.
Without Artemis.
With a new patron.

...This is gonna be both hell and paradise.

Exit out of this cavern. Go around and.. explore!
You walk to the island containing your portal and step on the pedestal to activate it.
<We shall see.>
You go through the portal that forms and find yourself in a room at the inn.
It would be a fairly normal room, just a bed, a window, a table and a chair, if it wasn't for the rock slab that acts as your portal and the pedestal used to activate it.

((I believe you can find your way around now, right?))

OOC
You guys (and girls) are fun. Especially Ike.

And Theri has no personal area nor was she brought here the same way you were.
If Tiruin has no problems, I could go back and add those PMs I sent her to the thread in appropriate places.
((Create a dumplog in a spoiler here, so at least the talk will be on a similar line to the people and posts relevant to it--so those who browse back may find it easier.

Searchword: Peregrine. ;3

Though you could do that too. Edit lotsa posts! :3))

Theri twitched, more specifically only to Irine's display of what she could consider magic, too focused on that to relatively notice the works of others.

She also held uncomfortably still as Irine passed a sword...at her.

"W-what's going on?" she said with a shaky tone, looking to the opposite side from Irine's hand as she finished. "What's happening?"

She whimpers.
((I'll see about doing that tomorrow.))

River approaches you from the other side of the room.
"What's going on? Are you all right? Did they hurt you?"
His worry changes to something more like anger in that last sentence as he looks at the others, showing his teeth slightly more than necessary as he speaks.

Eat dark mayors

John sat down at the bar and addressed the bartender.

"I see others eating here... any chance for a bacon cheeseburger and some Coke?"
Dark mayors? That sounded racist.[/badjoke]

The bartender half-exhales half-sighs as he thinks.
"Hmmmm..... Cheeseburger, I can do. Coke might be a bit harder, but I'll see if I can find any. Although I'm fairly certain they didn't have cocaine in medieval Europe."
With that, he turns around and starts preparing to cook your request.

Alan is intruding dangerously close to my niche with his summoning big things. Go tsar his tricycle to show him the true meaning of HUGE!
Dear gods, there's two of them.

You take the already huge tricycle and turn it into something truly ginormous, the Eiffel Tower of tricycles, the ultimate monument to all three wheeled children's toys. It towers above the plaza, its seat blocking out the sun.

A moment later you collapse next to your creation, feeling like you just run a marathon, utterly spent.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:59:56 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: September 15, 2014, 08:49:48 pm »

Alan frowns. There was only one way to deal with this.

SLAPSTICK FIGHT!

Bitchslap [NAV] with my giant shoes! Then try to clamber up the thing to the seat.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: September 15, 2014, 09:01:54 pm »

"Ohello!"
Theri turned around to give him a welcoming smile, "No, we- um, they were explaining how the things of this world may be...reshaped in a way, then Irine did a beautiful illusion-performance and I...I guess I reacted quite too much to it.

"And the others did that too. It was amazing. But I think I added a water mill to the town."

She leaned a bit to the right, to get a glimpse of any doorway on the opposite side.

"Say, where did you come from?"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:04:01 pm by Tiruin »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: September 15, 2014, 09:02:41 pm »

(And to think, there's a whole planet which speaks pretty much like my guy. A spout of true Urbanian, he'll talk (somewhat) normally now, I enjoy making things look weird and unpronounceable. Trying to move away from stereotypical gang speech)

Head outside to see what all that noise is out there

"Ya her all that ot dere? Gonna see wot's what."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:37:45 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: September 15, 2014, 09:28:18 pm »

Bryan just watches the carious performances going on around him.
"These people never cease to amaze me, though that's not saying much at the moment given how long I've known them.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: September 15, 2014, 09:34:37 pm »

"You're going down, fat man!"

Am I drunk enough for drunken boxing yet? If not then drink more. Drink more anyway, it can't hurt. It's a legitimate martial art, I swear.
Climb the tricycle and then flying headbutt Alan from above.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: September 15, 2014, 09:51:31 pm »

"Thanks pal.  A good tea will cut it if you can't find it."

John turned to see the tricycle growing outside heh.

"Alan surely makes things interesting around here."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2486 on: September 15, 2014, 10:46:12 pm »

((I'll just do this dialogue before I go to sleep and continue the silliness tomorrow.))

"Ohello!"
Theri turned around to give him a welcoming smile, "No, we- um, they were explaining how the things of this world may be...reshaped in a way, then Irine did a beautiful illusion-performance and I...I guess I reacted quite too much to it.

"And the others did that too. It was amazing. But I think I added a water mill to the town."

She leaned a bit to the right, to get a glimpse of any doorway on the opposite side.

"Say, where did you come from?"

"Oh."
He awkwardly looks to the side and takes a step back.
"Oh, that is good."

"I was over there." he says pointing to the counter near which John is sitting.
"I will go now then. If all is well and you do not need me." he adds.

"Thanks pal.  A good tea will cut it if you can't find it."

John turned to see the tricycle growing outside heh.

"Coming right up!" he merrily exclaims as he sets off through a door near the counter, presumably to some sort of storeroom.
After a while, he returns with some minced meat, some cheese, some bread and the rest of the necessary materials and starts preparing them. This isn't going to be a standard burger, but it should be good. Probably.
"Yeah, that guy is crazy fun. Good thing I made this building invulnerable, right? Who knows what he'd do to it otherwise."
He glances at you and asks "Want it extra spicy?" as he prepares to add some seasoning.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: September 15, 2014, 11:03:53 pm »

"I will go now then. If all is well and you do not need me."
"I do! Hold on, please, River."

Theri reached out as a physical gesture to emphasize her thoughts, though stopped before actually stopping him from leaving.

"Well, Irine and Ike and the rest here were talking and I was wondering. The first time we met, was it some kind of...personal area? By the way, what does that term mean? I didn't know I was going to enter in a contest.

"And by Entity, she means...whatnow?"

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: September 16, 2014, 01:04:54 am »

((It doesn't feel old because it isn't.  What I'm using is Victorian/Shakespearean English.  Which is ~200-150 years back if I remember right. Real old English would be unreadable even by a native English speaker.  Example sentence: "Deað he þær byrigde; hwæðere eft Dryhten aras mid his miclan mihte mannum to helpe."))

Saevus wordlessly rises up and walks through the portal.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: September 16, 2014, 01:20:17 am »

((It doesn't feel old because it isn't.  What I'm using is Victorian/Shakespearean English.  Which is ~200-150 years back if I remember right. Real old English would be unreadable even by a native English speaker.  Example sentence: "Deað he þær byrigde; hwæðere eft Dryhten aras mid his miclan mihte mannum to helpe."))
((...Well, I'm not a native English speaker. ^ ^
Though it also goes hand in hand with understanding the etymology and development of words, as well as including the alphabet or lettering used at the time :P
Is pretty nice.))
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 521