Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127142 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: The Core of the Problem
« Reply #2115 on: June 29, 2014, 01:43:30 pm »

Okay, cheese it for now and then, once at a safe distance, detonate the C4! That oughta shake things, including the framework of the factory up.

And after that, relinquish control and let Ike Wayne take care of the rest, since good ol' Lucky Ike Watkins is going to be taking a bit of a nap. Autopilot directives that could possibly be input: >shoot for the heads of anybody who looks weird, special priority on fire people, and also is not on my team, blow shit up for maximum sabotage and destruction, and generally get rid of all that excess weight by shooting, lobbing and bombing things like it's the end of the world. These assholes are obviously terrorists, and deserve death.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 03:40:59 pm by Harry Baldman »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: June 29, 2014, 01:57:13 pm »

((Sorry for not posting a turn that time, my fault for not paying attention, but the autoaction was pretty much  what I would've had the host do anyways.))

>Let my host rest. If possible, give him a little willpower push in order to speed up his recovery. Otherwise, just keep a view on the situation and make sure that he doesn't go critical or something. That, or he doesn't spotted by people who would want to hurt him.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2117 on: June 29, 2014, 03:22:00 pm »

@Harry Baldman: Ah, you will be missed. Don't worry, your host will make sure to teach them why they should fear the night. Or die trying.

@People from mission 2b, the BETA mission: Here's a reminder of how leveling up works. I've sent you your upgrade trees. As always, if you have any questions, ask.
Leveling up:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: June 29, 2014, 03:35:44 pm »

How many points did I get?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2119 on: June 29, 2014, 03:38:56 pm »

How many points did I get?
Did you read your PM?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: June 29, 2014, 03:49:20 pm »

I just used the link, sorry.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: June 30, 2014, 04:17:32 am »

Irine
Seize the flames I left burning outside, form them into spheres, and then send them spiraling simultaniously therough the windows and into the room Awena came from. once they are through the windows split each of them into several smaller spheres and send them spiraling outwards and across the room before regrouping into a single large sphere in front of the door we just closed. after that slowly lower the sphere to the ground and spread out the flame across the floor, making the entire area in front of the door a literal sea of flames.

Zoe
No Influence
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: June 30, 2014, 11:12:17 am »

Bryan
I'm not liking my options here. Try to keep a telekinetic wave of force swirling around me to deflect projectiles.

Faron
If I can jump off the catwalk to the ground floor without hurting myself, do so.  Either way start running towards the anomaly in any way possible.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2123 on: July 02, 2014, 09:46:35 pm »

Okay, cheese it for now and then, once at a safe distance, detonate the C4! That oughta shake things, including the framework of the factory up.

And after that, relinquish control and let Ike Wayne take care of the rest, since good ol' Lucky Ike Watkins is going to be taking a bit of a nap. Autopilot directives that could possibly be input: >shoot for the heads of anybody who looks weird, special priority on fire people, and also is not on my team, blow shit up for maximum sabotage and destruction, and generally get rid of all that excess weight by shooting, lobbing and bombing things like it's the end of the world. These assholes are obviously terrorists, and deserve death.

Well, just because you had a bad throw doesn't mean you have to give up on that explosive. You start running towards the entrance of the factory, trying to put a safe distance between you and the block of C4 you just dropped. The few bursts of gunfire that come your way fail to even come close to you.

It's a bit more worrying when all the fires in the bottom of the room suddenly flare up and come alive, lighting up the entire warehouse with their bright orange and yellow light.
In that light, you catch a glimpse of a man, sprinting incredibly fast, making his way towards the other end of the room. He doesn't look like one of those terrorists. Those are mostly immigrants or peasants, most of them dressed in cheap dark clothes or old pre-war military camo apparel, probably to remember the bygone glory of their destroyed nations. But not this man. He's wearing a suit. Who is he and what is he doing here?
Before you have a chance to contemplate this further, the fires condense into spheres that spiral around the room, focusing on the areas near the windows, splitting up and burning anything near them.
You fall and hit the metal floor with a loud clang, trying to avoid them. Despite the fact that you've cleared the windows, one of the spheres finds its way to you. A small amount of flames manages to go through your armour, causing some nasty burns on your upper leg. It's going to be a bit painful moving it, but not much more.

You reckon you are far enough to be safe now, so you push the button on your detonator. If nothing else, it might eliminate the pyrokinetic before one of those fire spheres hits you again.
The explosion rocks the warehouse, causing dust and ash to rise and float the air. You turn around to see the results of the detonation.
Much of the fire spheres near the detonation have been weakened by the blast wave. Furthermore, part of the nearby wall has been damaged by the blast, causing large cracks to form on it and the part of the catwalk connected to it to bend dangerously. You can hear debris falling.

The fires make another pass and then head for the other side of the room, going through the door at its end, leaving this part of the warehouse dark, only a few fires strong enough to provide adequate illumination now.

Even in the darkness, you can still see the markings the fire has left on the wall, lines showing the path the spheres travelled as they touched the walls. breaking apart into flower like spirals where the spheres got divided into more spheres. It's oddly artistic in a way, like graffiti made from ashes.
You can also see the metal boxes your enemies are using for cover below. Looks like the combination of time, the fireballs and your C4 was enough to remove most of the tear gas. You can see a few armed men down there, some of them still coughing and looking around like they're blind.
And the worst part of all, you can see a quartet of armed men making their final steps up the staircase leading to the catwalk. They'll be pointing their weapons at you soon.

((Sorry for not posting a turn that time, my fault for not paying attention, but the autoaction was pretty much  what I would've had the host do anyways.))

>Let my host rest. If possible, give him a little willpower push in order to speed up his recovery. Otherwise, just keep a view on the situation and make sure that he doesn't go critical or something. That, or he doesn't spotted by people who would want to hurt him.
You are not exactly certain about how much time passes in the nothingness until your host finally wakes up.

You can hear beeping again. For a moment, you're worried that your host is back in the back of an ambulance, riding it to his slow and painful execution.
But even with his blurry eyesight, he can see that everything around here looks dark. There's an even darker shape looking at him with shining eyes.
You can see an orange light at the same time you hear the beeps. The beeps are slow, too slow to be from a human heartbeat.
Further away, you can hear police sirens.

This is not an ambulance.

Irine
Seize the flames I left burning outside, form them into spheres, and then send them spiraling simultaniously therough the windows and into the room Awena came from. once they are through the windows split each of them into several smaller spheres and send them spiraling outwards and across the room before regrouping into a single large sphere in front of the door we just closed. after that slowly lower the sphere to the ground and spread out the flame across the floor, making the entire area in front of the door a literal sea of flames.

Zoe
No Influence
Irene starts her attack, creating spheres of fire and moving them towards potential threats.

"So, what now?"
Zoe's question remains unanswered, as Boris turns his back on her and makes his way to the other entrance to the room. She makes a motion to follow him, in case he needs her help again, but stops when she notices he isn't heading towards the door.
Instead she focuses on Awena, who is currently sitting on the floor with her back against the wall, her face hidden behind her hands. Zoe sits besides her and puts one hand on her shoulder. Awena may be shaken, but she needs to know what's happening outside, if she wants to learn what's going on here, if she's wants to be prepared for whatever may follow.
"Hey, are you allright? What's going on out there?"
Awena lowers her hands, letting them rest on her legs, but she keeps looking down.
"I don't know. They attacked us from the outside. Something exploded, it..."
Awena takes a deep breath and stays silent for a few moments. Zoe looks towards Boris. He's barking orders to another man. Kind of surprising he hasn't been shot by his own men yet, given his attitude. If they even are his own men. They don't look very similar.
"That spirit did something with the fires in the room, pushing them outside. There was another explosion further away and after that nothing. I thought-"
A very loud bang comes from outside, followed by a tremor that shakes the warehouse and causes the lights in the room to flicker. Awena gasps. This one felt like it was closer.
After a few seconds to compose herself, she tries to continue.
"I thought that it was over. But then... he was... they shot him from behind. I was with him only moments ago and they shot him, they..."
Zoe feels bad for Awena. Unlike Zoe, she has probably never seen a man die before. Now that the adrenaline has worn off, all of this is too much for her. Poor thing. She rubs her shoulder gently.
"They threw some kind of gas from above. The others spread out and got ready to... I came here to warn you."

Meanwhile, Irene has successfully finished her attack and gathered all remaining fire near the door (or at least as much as she could manage while doing this blindly) and the corridor leading to it.

Bryan
I'm not liking my options here. Try to keep a telekinetic wave of force swirling around me to deflect projectiles.

Faron
If I can jump off the catwalk to the ground floor without hurting myself, do so.  Either way start running towards the anomaly in any way possible.
Your host grabs the railing with one hand and pushes himself over it. He falls down, rolling to absorb the energy of the impact.
He runs towards the tear gas cloud on the other end of the room, even as the flames surrounding him grow dangerously large and bright and begin to form into sphere-like blobs. He can feel their heat from here.
You try to help with a telekinetic forcefield but only end up making things worse when you accidentally hit his leg with part of your telekinetic field, causing him to trip and fall straight onto a sphere. He manages to twist out of the way in the last second, but his left hand ends up passing through the sphere regardless, getting severely burnt in the process. An explosion from his right follows a few seconds later, the shock-wave temporarily deafening him.
He is incredibly stoic during all this, not even making one grunt despite the pain he should be feeling. He gets up and starts running again, focused on his objective.
The flames, after swirling near the edges of the room for a while make their way through the door leading to your objective.
The cloud of tear gas is almost gone and with it so is his concealment. He can make out some guards hiding behind large metal boxes.
But if he manages to make his way to the boxes there, he'll have cover and time to plan his next move. Can't stay out here in the open.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:49:11 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: July 02, 2014, 10:29:12 pm »

<A shooter, probably more--but given the current firepower it may be one person (or a synchronized team at worst) Catwalk area. He's busied by the other gunmen out there--I worry for them as much as my host, Irene.

Of note, he's armed, heavily. Probably armored too if the idea of an assault comes (especially given explosive ordinance?) I'll be staying with Awena and working on getting her stable.

Irene, I'll be aiding Awena by the doors. I'm not...erm, telepathically able as you, but I've knowledge in the physical and if anyone decides to trespass here, I'll know. Until then...>

Focus energies to heal Awena. Poke at interface (not literally :v), wonder what info it has to give based on River's information.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: July 03, 2014, 05:03:14 am »

Irine
<Understood. Victor, if your men can't get things under control soon I'm going to have to take extreme measures, risking the destruction of this facility in the process. Give me a better option.>
Demand

If he says his men can handle it, asks me to wait, or gives me a better option, then leave my flames (still under my control, and growing them if I'm able but otherwise just leaving them idle) at their position blocking the door.

If he tells me to do it, then (conditional action PMd)

Zoe

I don't want to stand too close to that door in case they decide to breach it with explosives. And I don't want to leave Boris alone with Amelia either, there's no knowing what he might do to her while I'm not looking.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: July 03, 2014, 06:14:11 am »

You skipped my turn... again... :c

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2127 on: July 03, 2014, 02:46:05 pm »

Time for the final part of my plan. Evolve massive wings that are also covered in bristles that have small, painful bits of poison stuck inside the stingers. If anything tries to grab my wings, they'll go into so much pain that they start twitching. Bask in the glory of this moment, and wait for my enemy to make the first move.
Everything stops moving.
"Oooohhh, mission's over!" says you entity with excitement. "Time to work on making you less weak!"
You black out.

When you wake up, everything is just as you left it, you still frozen on the ground, the thing frozen as it scampers towards a tree, bleeding profusely, its gas-like blood suspended in mid-air.
"All set! Give it a try!" he adds and everything starts moving again.

You focus on modifying your body, trying to grow your custom-made wings.
You grow wings allright. You grow the largest, most spikiest, most poisonous and most muscular wings your ability allows you! Unfortunately, that, coupled with your previous transformations, leaves  you incredibly spent.

You collapse on the dirt with one of the most terrible stomach-aches you have ever experienced, too weak to even stand.
"Oh dear. He did too much too fast."
On the bright side, the thing is just standing there, wrapped around one of the tree's branches, staring at you with its triplet of tendril-like eyes as it nurses its wounds.

((Read your suggestion. Can't do exactly that but I have an idea for adding something similar. I'll think about it.))

Flick out my left hand knife's hook. Tsar that knife's compass. Compasses have magnets, which should Attract her knife, or at least distrupt her spinning. Catch her knife with the hook.

Then stab her and tsar with my other knife. No words this time.

Everything freezes.
"Just a sec dear, I'm just going to play around with your soul for a bit." your entity says before you black out.

When you wake up again, everything is as you left it.
"Here. That should solve your impotency problems."

When everything unfreezes, you go ahead with your plan, opening the hook on one of your knives and focusing all your efforts on tsaring it. You won't let others make fun of you like that.
Turns out your entity wasn't joking when she said she'll make you more powerful. Because next thing you know, your Swiss army knife figuratively explodes, becoming many times larger in less than a second. Both of you are caught by surprise by this.
You are lifted off the ground by the force of the transformation and are pushed back a quarter of a meter, which has the unfortunate sideffect of freeing your enemy's weapon from beneath your boot.
She is a bit quicker to react, twisting her body, trying to get out of the way, but despite being prepared for you attack, she is not fast enough. She is hit square on the gut and pushed backwards about half a meter. She falls on the ground, one hand pushing her body off the ground while the other lies over her abdomen. She lays there, gasping for breath.
As for your now hugge Swiss army knife, it simply lies on the ground like some sort of modern art statue, something that would probably be entitled "monument to captain Hook".
"Oh, good one! See? Am I the best or what?"

((By the way, I think I found your character's theme song. Because you may have bigger for them.))

My god, it's a-

Alan is interrupted by the movie.
The camera finally makes a close up to the object of interest. It's big, taking up the entire screen. It's black. It's floating in mid air. It's got lots of appendages and two glowing frowning eyes painted on it. It's not a tentacle monster. It's overlaid over a film of the rock walls of the cave so that it appears semi transparent.
The camera makes a quick cut to Dan's face before going back to the creature. "WHAT IS THIS THING?" yells Dan again, visibly even more panicked now, if that was even possible.
It is...
a Giant Sentient Wig!
Which, given the title of the movie, isn't that much of a surprise. The goofy special effects are kinda funny though. The wig keeps floating towards the camera, moving its hairy appendages, until only its glowing eyes surrounded by semi-transparent darkness can be seen.
The camera cuts to Dan and Steve again. Steve, not one to ask questions first when it comes to such unearthly abominations, shoots several times with his pistol. But the thing keeps coming not visibly harmed in any way, closing in with the camera until only one big frowning eye is visible.
"We have to get past it somehow!" says Steve, now also panicking. He starts running towards the exit from this chamber of the cave, shooting at the offscreen light source at the same time. But he takes no more than a few steps before stopping. He drops his pistol and lifts his arm as if to protect himself from the glow, closing his eyes and opening his mouth like he's chocking. He grabs his neck before falling to the ground and off camera.
Dan, seeing no better course of action, decides to follow in Steve's footsteps, firing several shots from his rifle. And like Steve before him, he too lifts his hands to shield his eyes as the intensity of the light rises, falling to the ground amongst his dropped gear a second later.

The wig now hovers above the still moving body of Steve, who is lying on the ground with his eyes closed, his limbs still moving as if struggling against something. The wig begins approaching him, going lower and lower as the screen fades to black until there's nothing but the tense music accompanied by Steve's grunts.

Toaster

You wake up.
Your sensory deprivation bed slides out of its hole in the wall, releasing you back into your personal section of the staging area.

It's just as you remembered it, a room full of grey metal, bright white lights and cyan hidden lights, except for one detail. Your robotic dancing partner is standing near the entrance, holding your reward upright in one hand. Kinda like one of those tacky knight statues you see in the houses of rich people in movies, only slightly more elegant.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:03:52 pm by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: July 03, 2014, 02:55:01 pm »

"It's had enough", Rune said, mostly to his entity. Well, as well as he could say it, anyways. "I'll leave it be, now."

Rest a while.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2129 on: July 03, 2014, 03:17:40 pm »

@Everyone: It will probably be a while until we do a new mission (I would like to finish the Amethyst mission first), but feel free to discuss about what it should be if you want.

"It's had enough", Rune said, mostly to his entity. Well, as well as he could say it, anyways. "I'll leave it be, now."

Rest a while.
"Ah. Well, good fight. Good job. You really pricked its gas."
You slowly walk towards a rock near the stream and lay there. You're a strange sight, a porcupine like thing with a club-like tail and spiky wings, moving with its tiny legs. The wings in particular make you look like some sort of land skate.
The thing stares at you as you walk away for a few more seconds. It stays on the tree, wrapping itself around a branch and becoming thin enough that its already transparent body becomes invisible. Some sort of camouflage probably.
"But you also did the right thing. You don't always have to kill those you defeat. It's not like you could gain something by killing it. You probably couldn't even digest it."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:22:18 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 521