Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125302 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Burn it down
« Reply #1680 on: March 13, 2014, 11:34:41 pm »

Listen to polka music while the timelines synch.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: March 14, 2014, 12:46:31 am »

"Hm... do I want to risk it? Eh, probably not."

>Finish off this guy with a shot through the back of the head. Take all of his identification and any other evidence, then vacate the premises with Raul. Drag him back to my car if it's close enough.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: March 14, 2014, 01:17:45 am »

>Finish off this guy with a shot through the back of the head.
((...
Hopes are still high.))
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:20:55 am by DarkArtemisFowl »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: March 14, 2014, 09:29:29 am »

Excuse me for reading "GM only" spoiler, but...rephrase your action. After all, my character is edible...

"...I think it's angry."

Throw rhino away from me if it tries to eat me.
Also, run from the BETA while throwing stuff at its head and leg-joints, hopefully disabling or crippling it. Again, teleport away to safety if it attacks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: March 14, 2014, 10:08:50 am »

((Occurs to me I didn't say anything, when that would be sensible.))

<<My gun's about ready, and I'm aiming for the head.  He's coming for me though, so if anyone can distract it, do it!>>
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: March 14, 2014, 11:55:16 am »

{Irine}
<I... I see. So... stuff like what happened to my home is part of how Entities fight? That... *sigh* That makes sense, actually. Are... Were... Was I... Was what I once was what Entities would call an Outsider?>

<If you want to stop talking about this, we could always talk about something else. I understand that this stuff is pretty distasteful to you.>

What kind of strange occurances? What makes people that are... different... different?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:57:49 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1686 on: March 14, 2014, 02:07:35 pm »

Hmm.  Clearly he's aware of what I did and is pissed.  If I don't disable him in the one shot I have, then I'm going to eat his alpha strike which will be almost certainly fatal.  The logical course of action is to cut my losses and run.

Shoot the bastard full on in the face.  Last turn was summon a shell, not that that is likely to do me any good.

If it's anything less than a critical hit, RUN LIKE HELL.  Like, jump if I have to.  (Unless I'm really high up- I kinda forget exactly.)

Okay, let's see... Previous round, you began summoning an enormous shell but you had to stop halfway to fire, leaving you with half a shell that looks like a half finished puzzle of metal filled with small plastic containers at its center.

You fire at the BETA. Now, you cannot see what exactly happeend, you just hear a big boom and witness the damage caused with mild confusion. But if you could slow down time and look at things more closely, this is what you would see:
You would immediately notice something wrong with the shell. It exits the gun in three pieces. The moment the pieces leave the vacuum of the barrel and make contact with the air, they begin veering off course. Their speed and momentum means they will hit somewhere near their target, but like any soldier who has had friendly artillery rain shells on his head will tell you, near is a very relative term.
One of the pieces hits the building whose roof Angel and "Rune" are standing on, causing a large part of its midsection to explode into concrete, metal and plastic debris. The impact has destroyed most of the building's supports. It begins collapsing.
One hits one of the control towers of the spaceport near its bottom, utterly destroying that section and causing the tower to begin falling towards the BETA.
And one piece (that has somehow managed to remain mostly aerodynamic) hits the giant robot itself on the left part of its head, destroying a large part of it.

The BETA is thrown off balance by the hit but it still manages to fire with its one good eye, seen as a blinding white line from the sensors of your helmet. It hits the Main Governmental Building, vaporizing a small part of it roof. The other eye of the BETA explodes. Looks like they weren't designed to be fired individually.

Sadly, your quest for food and dreams of King Kong vs Mecha Kong combat are cut short by friendly fire.
"...I think it's angry."

Throw rhino away from me if it tries to eat me.
Also, run from the BETA while throwing stuff at its head and leg-joints, hopefully disabling or crippling it. Again, teleport away to safety if it attacks.
A truly evil GM would point out that your action says to teleport if you are attacked by the BETA, not in case of friendly fire.
Ah, anyway. Let's see how you react to giant supersonic buckshot hitting the building you're standing on.

There's the sound of an explosion, the ground trembles and the roof of the building you are standing on begins leaning and collapsing. You grab the rhino and manage to teleport away before anything dangerous hits you.

You are now standing on a building adjacent to the one you were standing on moments ago. It's a very tall building, almost as tall as the Control Tower on top of the Main Governmental Building (which is currently on fire, by the way). You can see the entire city from here and some of the tropical forest that surrounds it. Which means that you can see the building you were standing on moments ago collapsing.

Make sure the vehicle is working, and check its fuel levels. Check inside for anything.

If it works, load my crossbow and strap it to the roof. Rewire the trigger switch to somewhere in the cabin. Draw a crosshair on the windshield with tape. Oh, and attach the 8 remaining arrows to the front of the truck as ramming spikes. Then tsar the entire thing.

There's nothing of interest in the truck, unless you count a poster of a blue-haired woman in a tight military jumpsuit/spacesuit as interesting.

You sit on the driver's seat and press the largest button you can find. The vehicle shudders and begins floating with the whine of an electric engine. You mess with its joystick. Turns out it allows you to move it forward and backwards, as well as left and right. That will make parallel parking easy. You twist a lever left and right. The vehicle turns left and right. Great.
You deactivate the vehicle and get out.

You start climbing to the roof of the vehicle when you hear a couple of explosions and then see an orange beam hitting the top of the main governmental building, the building you just exited, melting away a large part of its surface and setting it on fire. Thankfully, nothing falls on your head.

((Action will continue to next turn unless you request otherwise.))

<<My gun's about ready, and I'm aiming for the head.  He's coming for me though, so if anyone can distract it, do it!>>
Perhaps you should had gone for something more like <Take cover!>

((No time for a full turn for the other mission, coming later. Plus, I got some questions.))

>Use the Shadow to feign complete death to the agent.
How exactly would you do that? It's important because of reasons.

{Irine}
<I... I see. So... stuff like what happened to my home is part of how Entities fight? That... *sigh* That makes sense, actually. Are... Were... Was I... Was what I once was what Entities would call an Outsider?>

<If you want to stop talking about this, we could always talk about something else. I understand that this stuff is pretty distasteful to you.>
<I... I don't know about what happened to your home. One of us could have caused it but I don't know who would do such a thing, or why. It's a waste, so many lives, so much potential extinguished for nothing. If one would be willing to expend so many resources, just to destroy it and gain nothing in return, nothing material at least... They would need to have some very twisted ulterior motive. Or they would have to be mad, enraged, taking pleasure in destruction and corruption...>
She remains silent for a few moments.
<You would probably be called an outsider, yes, although in a way you are more like us then most other Outsiders. Outsider is a very broad term, used for any being that exceeds a level of power and is not one of us. Ι->
She is interrupted from another voice in your head. You get the feeling it's coming from Awena's Interface.
<Hello! Zoe seems sorta troubled from here--doesn't seem to realize how Awena understands the world; spirits are real, and we're pretty much like those spirits here.

...Erm, Hi, I'm Theri?...

Dear gods that didn't go well.>
She says the last sentence to herself, probably not realizing that she's still transmitting her thoughts to you.

<Also, are you doing ok there?>
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:53:09 pm by Parisbre56 »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: March 14, 2014, 02:16:02 pm »

((Assuming there is enough shadow/shade around, the Shadow will cover Ike's vision and make it look like he shot and killed me. In reality, the shadow diverts his aim somewhere else. It's a last-ditch effort to protect the host. Remember, the shadow is all about providing illusions.

This is all hoping everything goes according to plan and the host still has enough power left to form the shadow, thought considering my luck he's probably dead.))
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:29:23 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: March 14, 2014, 02:25:14 pm »

Spoiler: GM ONLY! AGAIN!!! (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: March 14, 2014, 03:14:17 pm »

Memorize every detail of that poster, I'm sure it's important.
Then continue building the death-machine.

Hey! I was just up there! I could've died! I thought we were supposed to limit collateral damage.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: March 14, 2014, 06:12:15 pm »

Bryan
Of course the church wouldn't be empty, hope this goes well.

Faron
Let's try some stealth.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: March 14, 2014, 09:27:48 pm »

((Thanks for the lenient view. And the linked picture is awesome, did you draw it?))

<I think I got its attention...>
<That was loud! And you almost killed me!>

Throw more big heavy stuff at the BETA's joints and head. Teleport away in case of friendly fire or enemy attack. Or environmental hazard. Or rift in the space-time continuum. Or evil clone. Or--well, any kind of danger one can teleport from really.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1692 on: March 14, 2014, 10:19:25 pm »

((Assuming there is enough shadow/shade around, the Shadow will cover Ike's vision and make it look like he shot and killed me. In reality, the shadow diverts his aim somewhere else. It's a last-ditch effort to protect the host. Remember, the shadow is all about providing illusions.

This is all hoping everything goes according to plan and the host still has enough power left to form the shadow, thought considering my luck he's probably dead.))
Yeah, I feel really bad for you. Such bad luck this mission. At least in the previous mission you helped save people and such despite your bad luck. Oh well, better luck next time. Sorry. Hey, at least you can hope Target Amethyst survives so that you get the team's points.
Zechariah floats hopelessly in his host's consciousness (or rather, lack thereof).
One last try. Willpower was always Zechariah's thing. Pray to Eido Aeterno it still is.
This couldn't be the end for his host. It wasn't fair, it was Zechariah's fault, not his host's. His host did everything he could, Zechariah didn't. It wasn't his time to die yet. Not now.

"Live. Come on, you can make it. Don't move, don't waste your energy. Let him get away. If you live to fight again, that's all that matters. Nothing else. Keep your energy, wait for help. You have to live. Don't die, you can't die. The future depends on your life. Don't lose it, don't lose that life. You still have a chance, take that chance. You need nothing else right now except for the chance to live.

Live.

>LIVE."

>Use the Shadow to feign complete death to the agent.
"Hm... do I want to risk it? Eh, probably not."

>Finish off this guy with a shot through the back of the head. Take all of his identification and any other evidence, then vacate the premises with Raul. Drag him back to my car if it's close enough.
You try to force your host to shoot that guy. He raises his gun and almost does this, but he stops at the last second. There's no reason to do this. He's not a danger to him anymore. Unlike that traitor, your host thinks, he's not a savage. Besides, he'll gain much more by interrogating him. He could learn who else in the Agency is a double agent. And those science guys may want to cut him up while he's still alive to see what makes him tick. Not everyone can make crystals out of nothing. Yes, at least in that way, he'll be able to offer something and not be the parasite he was in life.
Your interface beeps several times. Your vision is slightly blurred and you have trouble hearing exactly what your host is hearing or thinking.

Your host gets Raul out of the car and tries to make him wake up. After a while, the police arrive and he explains the situation to them. And by explain, I mean that you tell them that this is official Agency business and that they don't need to know anything more than that. You instruct them to form a perimeter and keep the man in the car under watch at all times, since he is a dangerous criminal. The police are followed shortly after by ambulances and news crews.

It's a bit hard to figure out exactly what's going on with your host, everything is kind of fuzzy, but from what you gather, at some point Raul wakes up and after some "persuasion" on your part, informs you of three locations in the city that are currently being used by members of the Cause. A hideout in the Abandoned Church in the Radiation Zone, a safe-house with some kind of VIP in the Northern Suburbs and some kind of Lab or Warehouse in the Residential District. He says the others consider the VIP to be of great importance. He then gets shoved into some police car to be shipped to Central and be interrogated.

Your host gets in his car, picks up his radio and briefly contemplates informing Central of what transpired here, but decides against it. That might alert any other traitors in there. Plus, they probably won't approve of how high profile this mission turned out to be. Better follow this lead as far as he can before some bureaucrat finds an excuse to pull him back to submit an incident report in triplicate. Instead, he switches to the police frequency and prepares to give the signal for a raid. He needs to move quickly. News about this will spread, if they haven't already. The question is, where should he focus his efforts? Where should he go?

((Sorry for fast forwarding you so much. If you want to have done something during that time or have your host do something differently, just say so. I'm just trying to catch you up to the other's time.))

Listen to polka music while the timelines synch.
http://youtu.be/iiClaM8gMto

The police cars continue driving towards the City Centre, eventually stopping among several other police cars near what appears to be a shootout.

As luck would have it, there's also one of your targets there. He's currently in a car, holding a radio and... Hmm... That's not good. That guy, your target, looks like he's working for the government. You weren't paid enough to go after government agents, at least not when there's an army of policemen between you two. And you really try not to get in the government's bad side in general. They'll leave you do your business as long as you play by the rules but if they think your organization is going after them...

http://youtu.be/hbe3CQamF8k

Bryan
Of course the church wouldn't be empty, hope this goes well.

Faron
Let's try some stealth.
Your host gets out of his car and slowly approaches the building, keeping an eye out for ambushes. This part of the city hasn't had electricity since the war and only people who wish to hide live here. The only light comes from the stars and the gray pillar in the east, meaning you don't need to worry too much about being spotted.

He approaches the church from the side and then he jumps, landing on the second story of the building. He gets in through a broken window that seems to lack wooden boards. That will make sure nobody knows he's here. There's noise coming from downstairs. People are moving things, shouting. Looks like something has stirred them up. Maybe you didn't wound that man enough.

{Irine}
What kind of strange occurances? What makes people that are... different... different?
There have been rumors of people that can do things. Subtle things. Maybe they're a bit faster, a bit more lucky, a bit more intuitive. Some look slightly different. A few can do more impressive things. Move things. Know things. Change things. They say the government has been taking any one of those it can find. Some say to experiment on them. Others say they ship them to the Soviets for who knows what. Maybe that's how the Soviets managed to make nukes appear out of thin air all over the world. One of those people did it. Or maybe not. It's all rumors after all and your host hasn't seen anything that proves otherwise. Except maybe for that strange man earlier tonight.
There were some strange things happening around Amelia. Light in your peripheral vision that disappeared when you looked at it directly. Discolored clothes. And one time your host thought she heard a voice in the back of her mind. But that was nothing. It was nothing important. Amelia is just a normal girl. She doesn't deserve this.

Your host approaches the address Ed gave her. There seems to be a van parked outside, its back door open, waiting. As your car gets closer, you can see people outside. One by the van, another near the door of the house. And then the door of the house opens. And Zoe sees Amelia for the first time in years. She looks older and yet the same. She's being carried on a stretcher by two men. There's a storm of emotions in your host. Joy, confusion, fear, hate. All she wants to do is get out of the car and run to her, to see if she's okay.
<Target Amethyst located. Target Amethyst must survive until the time limit expires.>

((And the linked picture is awesome, did you draw it?))
Haha. You flatter me for even thinking that, but no, I suck at drawing. I'm fairly good at Photoshopping though. So I can sometimes find an image and alter it to suit my needs if I have the time. Like the one with the green planet/red moon I did in the start of the BETA mission. This time though, I only needed to crop an image, since that was an almost perfect fit for the situation. It was just a lucky coincidence that I found it while writing this turn.
It's made by Vitaly S. Alexius, one of the artists of Romantically Apocalyptic. Great artist, great series. Should had probably acronymed that or subbed that or something when I linked that image.

Peregrine
...Then I will only possess her when the time need be. What if I warn her beforehand? Will other spirits intervene or something bad?

Reach out and 'poke' Irene.
Hello! Zoe seems sorta troubled from here--doesn't seem to realize how Awena understands the world; spirits are real, and we're pretty much spirits here.

...Erm, Hi, I'm Theri?

Dear gods that didn't go well.

Wait I was talking out lou-GRAH.

Also, are you doing ok there?
((You can see Theri talking to Irene in the thread.
As always, feel free to ask me if you have any questions or tell me if I have forgotten anything/done something wrong.))

<I'm not sure. It would probably make her more receptive to you, less likely to reject you if she trusts you enough.
But this isn't an exact science and I... I'm not sure. There's a small chance she might have the opposite effect, it might make her frightened and cause her to reject you.
Just... do what you feel is right. Follow your instincts. I trust you will make the right choice.>

You and Zoe continue to drive. As you near your destination, you can see Zoe getting more agitated. Poor girl has been through so much. Now this... The fear, the anticipation, the hope... Awena can't imagine how's she's feeling.
You're almost at the address Ed gave you now. There's a van parked outside, its back door open. As your car gets closer, you can see people outside. One by the van, another near the door of the house. And then the door of the house opens. You see a woman being carried on a stretcher by two men exiting the house.
"Amelia..." Zoe whispers. That's her! That's the girl you were supposed to find.
Still, those men look dangerous. And Zoe is very emotional right now. She might do something rash and put herself in danger. Better watch out.

((Sorry if I'm doing turns too fast. I just trying to finish this mission or at least get it as close to finishing as possible before Lenglon has to leave so that she can see and participate in the entire story.))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:53:38 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: March 14, 2014, 10:31:19 pm »

((I didn't realize I got half a shell from that go.  I'll take the result, though.))

<<Errr... oops?  Hey, I hit it, at least.  Everyone okay?>>  John adjust himself briefly to speak to his Entity.  <<Hey Zero, got any suggestions?  I'm thinking hit it again while it gets out a secondary weapon.>>

Summon another shell- this one amounting to a giant shotgun shell.  Keep looking around as the summoning happens.  If he- or any of his buddies- look like it's about to open fire at me and I'm not ready to shoot, run.

((How many shells do I have?  I've lost count.))
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:02:48 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: March 14, 2014, 10:33:08 pm »

((I don't know if that was a roll or not, but thank you/random.org. Now you won't have to go through additional pages of Zechariah's self-hate and more Artemis Dimikaelo shenanigans.))

If Zechariah could have cried, he probably would have.
No, scratch that, he probably is crying right now in his host's unconscious. Forget physical limitations.

He's alive. By Eido Aeterno, he's alive. One in a million chance and his heart's still beating, even if only a little.
Now stay alive, dammit.

">Rest and let your body do its repair thing. Don't fight it, just rest."

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 521