Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124806 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Burn it down
« Reply #1710 on: March 16, 2014, 03:52:28 pm »

((sorry about that, should have made the time to finish that post.))

{Irine}
Guns, Cars, and other fire/explosion based devices are hearby banned
EDIT: Additionally, I want to burn a flame generation charge to ignite the road and grass a distance away down the road, and have the flames advance upon our position in a rolling, growing wall, feeding off the oil and tar of the road as well the the grass of lawns and any other random debris along the way. anything easilly burned along that route becomes fuel for the flames as it advances upon our position, forming an imposing barrier of fire.
Through Interface, to Theri: <Hi again, and yeah, Zoe doesn't seem to get it, but it's more that she's really focused right now. She really wants to help Amelia however she can. Enough so that I'm worried Amelia might have messed with her mind somehow. Anyway, I'm trying to take a hands-off approach, and letting Zoe do what she's going to do. I'm just along for the ride.>
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:09:25 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: March 16, 2014, 05:10:09 pm »

"Ooh, let's hear that one. I've never heard a joke like that."

S-s-s-s-SYN-synchro-o-nize!

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: March 16, 2014, 05:51:21 pm »

Bryan
Ugh, what is that these people are dying for?  I'll have to find out sometime.
<Kathryn, what would happen if I made this man remember his past?  Would it make his life better?  It is perhaps something I'd do before leaving.>

Faron
Best to do this as fast as possible.  Any traps I could set up?  At least make an ambush point.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: March 16, 2014, 06:36:02 pm »

Drive up the street beside the convoy and once I'm in the right position, turn to a parallel position to the convoy and ram the guy as he drives past.

$     <--@
!
!
!

Like that, if I'm the @ and he's the $.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: March 16, 2014, 06:50:05 pm »

(I do apologize for my AWOL period, had a bit of a lapse. Can I get a slight update as to what is happening?)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: March 16, 2014, 06:55:17 pm »

((Which mission were you on?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: March 16, 2014, 07:01:04 pm »

(BETA)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1717 on: March 16, 2014, 07:06:25 pm »

(I do apologize for my AWOL period, had a bit of a lapse. Can I get a slight update as to what is happening?)
Sure. You are currently flying a spaceplane. Your inventory also has a handgun in it.
You're somewhere over the city, don't know where since you didn't tell me where you were going.
The BETA, a giant robot the size of a small building has been beheaded by our brave defenders, thus disabling its main weapon. However that hasn't done much to slow it down. It is currently flying towards the building John (Toaster's char) is on with that giant coilgun he summoned.
There were also 9 of those smaller drone things, of which 4 remain. 2 of those are attacking Angel (GWG's char).
EDIT: Oh and Nikolai (NAV's character) is currently trying to build a giant vehicle with a crossbow on its roof to attack the BETA.

Feel free to ask any more questions, if you have them.

I'm writing a turn now.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: March 16, 2014, 07:15:09 pm »

Jordan shook his head and focused. He couldn't switch off now, that would be bad. He looked at the scene. John seemed okay, even though the giant robot was charing right at him. He had a coilgun and would be fine. However, the little girl (What was her name? Some movie star sounding name. What was wrong with parents nowadays? Back in the 90s and early 2000s that sort of shit was contained solely to rich people) had gotten herself trapped. Well, he could get some brownie points for rescuing a six year old girl, even if she could handle herself. He flew in a dashing manner toward Angel.
Fly towards Angel to lend some support. Open the co-pilot and pilot windows, then activate adrenaline surge and shoot at the drones. If they are dead, ask her to get in.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: March 16, 2014, 07:24:14 pm »

Open the windows.

On a spaceplane?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: March 16, 2014, 07:36:10 pm »

I couldn't come up with a better term for the cockpit entry windows. I mean you have to get out somehow, right? I'm imagining it as a fighter jet, may be inaccurate. Door didn't sound right, so I went with the next word that sounded right.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: March 16, 2014, 07:44:57 pm »

<*Rhino-sounding roar* Cripple the *Omnomnom* robot! *Omnomnom*>
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1722 on: March 16, 2014, 08:18:43 pm »

((Bad rolls all around this turn...))

<<Something's approaching the coilgun building from below!  Anyone available to check it out?  I'm about to shoot out its knee!>>

Load that canshell and shoot out its knee.

((Oh man, what if my coilgun got Tsared?))
((Indeed. What if?))

You fire. You don't see any damage on the BETA. You do see an explosion on the roof of a building near it. Huh. Wonder what you hit.

The BETA is flying your way, firing its rockets at full power. And it looks like it has raised its armored dome-fist, ready to punch. You can also see that the dome-fist is glowing with some inner light through the sensor helmet. You don't have more than 20 seconds before it gets here.

Try tsaring it again, and drive towards the BETA full speed.
((Uh oh.))

You grab the joystick and focus on Tsaring the vehicle. Well, it works. In a way. The control stick extends and before you can react it hits you in the chest. Hard. You think you heard something crack.
Despite the pain, you manage to remain conscious.
It hurts every time you move.
<So that's what happens if you click the links in those spam mails.>

Consume many more cans, then grow to as large a size I can with this form.

I better not be in the science lab eating chemicals.
You greedily eat all of the orange mush you can and then proceed to crack open another container. Ouch. That one is filled with empty glass vials. You cut yourself with one of them. Not to worry though, it's just a scratch.
You hear an explosion coming from upstairs.

((You just had to ask.))

"Aw."
Sure. Also, toss some rubble at the sphere thingy.
You throw a piece of concrete at the drone but it sees it coming and fires a burst of its thrusters to get out of the way.
Before you can manage to teleport away, there's a flash of light from the drone and you feel like something stabbed you on your right thigh.
You scream in pain, grab your leg and fall down in pain but retain consciousness. You can feel that a chunk of it is missing. You can feel the blood and the molten flesh sliding through your fingers.
You hear the engines of a spaceplane behind you. And then there's the sound of an explosion from that very same place. You feel something hit you in the head, there's more pain, pain filling everything and then there's only darkness.

Jordan shook his head and focused. He couldn't switch off now, that would be bad. He looked at the scene. John seemed okay, even though the giant robot was charing right at him. He had a coilgun and would be fine. However, the little girl (What was her name? Some movie star sounding name. What was wrong with parents nowadays? Back in the 90s and early 2000s that sort of shit was contained solely to rich people) had gotten herself trapped. Well, he could get some brownie points for rescuing a six year old girl, even if she could handle herself. He flew in a dashing manner toward Angel.
Fly towards Angel to lend some support. Open the co-pilot and pilot windows, then activate adrenaline surge and shoot at the drones. If they are dead, ask her to get in.
You fly towards the rooftop Angel is on. You can see her standing there, a drone in front of her.
The drone emits a flash of light and Angel falls down, holding a bloody hole in her right leg.
Another spaceplane approaches the rooftop from behind, but it suddenly explodes. Some of the debris from the exploding spaceplane hit Angel, but you assume she's still alive, since you didn't hear your Interface announce her death. The drone manages to avoid getting hit by the pieces of exploded spaceplane. Lucky drone. Let's see if you can do something to end that luck.
You reach down and pull the emergency canopy jettison lever, twist it and then push it back in again. An explosion removes the canopy from the spaceplane, giving you a clear shot.
You slow the spaceplane down, activate the hover thrusters to maintain your height and fire a three round burst at the drone. Its thrusters stop working and it falls towards the streets of the city below.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:20:59 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: March 16, 2014, 08:41:30 pm »

I couldn't come up with a better term for the cockpit entry windows. I mean you have to get out somehow, right? I'm imagining it as a fighter jet, may be inaccurate. Door didn't sound right, so I went with the next word that sounded right.
So...you called the door a window.

You throw a piece of concrete at the drone but it sees it coming and fires a burst of its thrusters to get out of the way.
Before you can manage to teleport away, there's a flash of light from the drone and you feel like something stabbed you on your right thigh.
You scream in pain, grab your leg and fall down in pain but retain consciousness. You can feel that a chunk of it is missing. You can feel the blood and the molten flesh sliding through your fingers.
You hear the engines of a spaceplane behind you. And then there's the sound of an explosion from that very same place. You feel something hit you in the head, there's more pain, pain filling everything and then there's only darkness.
As her consciousness fades away, Angel thinks <Not again...>

Um...don't die? Also wake up.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: March 16, 2014, 08:42:15 pm »

Crap.

GTFO.  Wish I had two ranks of speed so I could summon an ATV under me as I jumped.  Try to summon a hang glider as I jump off to at least glide down.

[I figure a hang glider is simple enough to get summoned in time to at least mitigate injury.]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 521