Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125441 times)

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Burn it down
« Reply #1665 on: March 12, 2014, 09:49:05 pm »

((I'm most interested in his connections with other people at the moment.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: March 12, 2014, 10:03:34 pm »

Ground floor, exit closest to the spaceport.

look for any working vehicles. The bigger and tougher the better. Things like bulldozers, steamrollers, snowplows, or even a regular truck.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: March 12, 2014, 11:26:08 pm »

Yes! Cake make Alan strong!

Flab Flex flabbily impressively.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: March 13, 2014, 12:18:13 am »

{Irine}
<Honestly, I'd kinda like it if you chattered some. It would help calm me down and remind me that you're there. If you can't think of anything to talk about, you could always talk about yourself. I'd like to know more about you, if that's ok.>
While Zoe's thinking on the subject of Amelia, see what I can learn about her. Why is Amelia being hunted? Who is she? What kind of person is she? Why is Zoe so attached to her? Is Amelia related to my last host somehow?

{Zoe}
Just assume that I'm not messing with her unless I say otherwise. I'm not going to bother posting Zoe sections for a while.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1669 on: March 13, 2014, 09:13:22 am »

Resist any hugging. Communicate the need for food to the little girl.
You chew the little girl's dress and then look her in the eyes, cocking your head to the side.
Fooooooooooooooooooood!
Start throwing chunks of concrete and stuff at the glowing part.

If attacked, teleport away!

The rhino chews your dress a bit ((or whatever clothes you're wearing, anyway. Please don't tell me your character is naked.)) and looks at you longingly. Hmm... That's strange. You'd swear this rhino is bigger than the last time you looked at it.

You "grab" a good chunk of the roof with your mind and then give it a pull. The roof shudders, cracks form. Another pull and the mix of concrete, plastic and metal flies high towards the glowing center of the shadow (much more visible now that the dust has begun settling), propelled by your power. You can hear the sound the metal makes as your projectile impacts your enemy, but it doesn't seem overly bothered. It stumbles a bit and then starts walking West, its footsteps making the ground tremble.

You can see some features of the shadow now. Its head (which is facing Southwest) seems spiky and its eyes have begun to glow a fiery orange. The back of its torso looks large, as if it's carrying a backpack. One hand looks much thicker than the other. Its legs are bulky, especially near the thighs and feet. There are many downwards facing protrusions all over its body, most of them glowing slightly.

You can hear the sound of thrusters coming from the dust and see a shadow approaching your position. It looks too large to be a drone but is moving too slow to be a missile.

Damn it!

<<Bad shot- I think I just clipped it a bit.  My best shell's coming up next, so we'll see what that does.  Can anyone closer tell me anything more?>>

Take aim and fire again!  If it's still charging, summon another ClF3 shell, but keep an eye on it.  Be prepared to run if it shoots at me.
You can see the form clearer now, its spiky head with most of the spikes near the top missing, one hand larger than the other, slowly walking towards the west, the central plaza. Its glowing centre seems to be the thickest part of its body, probably the most armored too, followed closely by its left hand. Its eyes are looking at you and glowing, a glow that looks very bright from your helmet, quickly shifting through all the colors in the visible spectrum.

Your coilgun has recharged its capacitors. Question is, do you run away? Do you fire? Or do you summon a shell? ((The last two actions (running away and summoning a shell) will be assumed to have happened this turn.))

Ground floor, exit closest to the spaceport.

look for any working vehicles. The bigger and tougher the better. Things like bulldozers, steamrollers, snowplows, or even a regular truck.

You wait for the elevator to arrive and once there, run out of the building. As luck would have it, there is a rather large vehicle parked right outside the building. Lucky you.
It seems to be a truck of some kind. It looks like a rectangular cuboid with rounded edges about twice your size, made of metal and plastic. It has large cargo doors on its sides and a smaller door in the front for the driver (currently open). Like most of the other vehicles around here, it seems to be  lacking wheels, its bottom being a perfectly smooth surface. Probably relies on some alternate means of locomotion.

((Some things I missed last turn due to sleepiness and some dialogue.))

{Irine}
<Honestly, I'd kinda like it if you chattered some. It would help calm me down and remind me that you're there. If you can't think of anything to talk about, you could always talk about yourself. I'd like to know more about you, if that's ok.>
<It's OK. Anything in particular you want to know? Do you want to know about my home, my first home? Or talk about what I do? Or maybe some random story? Or would you like to know about how our kind fights?>

((I'm most interested in his connections with other people at the moment.))
You search around his memories but you can't find anything. Everything before the time he was... changed is just fragments. You can see some faces there, but you don't get anything you could use. After his change, there is nothing. There's only the voice in the phone and his mission. Even in previous missions he kept his interactions with others to a minimum. He has the capacity to fake emotion, to act like a sociable human if the situation demands it, but he seems to prefer not to do that, unless it would be the most effective course of action. There's nobody who knows him, someone he keeps in touch with.

Your host finds a car after a long time of searching and starts driving towards his destination inside the radiation zone.

Yes! Cake make Alan strong!

Flab Flex flabbily impressively.
http://youtu.be/pcOrSWr2HLU?t=32s

"Reconnected."
Your imaginary party is interrupted by the rude intrusion of reality.
Your host seems to be sitting in an ice cream parlor, eating the last spoonfulls of stracciatella from his cup.
He pays the bill, gets up and walks out of the store.
"Mmmm... Yes. That was good."
He grabs his head and shakes it a bit.
"Fuck, what's wrong with me. I must be loosing my mind. I've still got two more targets tonight. They might be gone by now, I've got to-"
Your host's monologue is interrupted by two police cars speeding by. He prepares to fight but they don't seem to be interested in him. If he's lucky, there'll be no witnesses of what he did to that bar. The police keep driving towards the downtown.
"Hm... My targets were downtown. It's a long shot, but it might be worth following them."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: March 13, 2014, 09:28:10 am »

<The first three seem more interesting, but the last one might help me out more. I'm afraid that I won't actually be freed from this, and the more I can understand about that stuff the more likely I'll be able to force them to free me.>
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:36:35 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: March 13, 2014, 09:28:35 am »

"Woo, baby, Ike Wayne in the house! Boring backstory or no, this dude's got mad skills!"

>Aim and fire a few more times at the driver in order to make sure he's down for good as soon as possible. Subversive elements are never incapable of funny business unless very definitively dead.

If supernatural shit starts happening around the car, assume direct control and perform action with superior abilities.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: March 13, 2014, 10:00:56 am »

Hop in car, discreetly following the cops from far back enough that they won't see me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: March 13, 2014, 10:21:29 am »

Hmm.  Clearly he's aware of what I did and is pissed.  If I don't disable him in the one shot I have, then I'm going to eat his alpha strike which will be almost certainly fatal.  The logical course of action is to cut my losses and run.

Shoot the bastard full on in the face.  Last turn was summon a shell, not that that is likely to do me any good.

If it's anything less than a critical hit, RUN LIKE HELL.  Like, jump if I have to.  (Unless I'm really high up- I kinda forget exactly.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: March 13, 2014, 11:01:27 am »

"No! You can't die!"

Take full control. Use the sunlight to launch a flurry of crystal shards at the agent and drive out of there.

>Do. Not. Die.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: March 13, 2014, 12:11:34 pm »

Make sure the vehicle is working, and check its fuel levels. Check inside for anything.

If it works, load my crossbow and strap it to the roof. Rewire the trigger switch to somewhere in the cabin. Draw a crosshair on the windshield with tape. Oh, and attach the 8 remaining arrows to the front of the truck as ramming spikes. Then tsar the entire thing.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:23:51 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: March 13, 2014, 03:46:07 pm »

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: March 13, 2014, 04:12:45 pm »

Bryan
Search for more information, this time relating to the procedure

Drive as fast as I can while avoiding unwanted attention.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1678 on: March 13, 2014, 10:04:46 pm »

<The first three seem more interesting, but the last one might help me out more. I'm afraid that I won't actually be freed from this, and the more I can understand about that stuff the more likely I'll be able to force them to free me.>
<Okay... I just want to let you know that I'm not that comfortable with this. I don't want you to get the wrong idea for me or the other entities. Not all of us are like that, not all of us do all of what I'm about to describe. I... I don't want you to... to fear me or hate me.>
She sighs before continuing.
Spoiler: Lots of stuff (click to show/hide)
{Irine}
While Zoe's thinking on the subject of Amelia, see what I can learn about her. Why is Amelia being hunted? Who is she? What kind of person is she? Why is Zoe so attached to her? Is Amelia related to my last host somehow?
Your host has no idea why she's being hunted. There were some strange occurrences but they hardly qualified as something warranting all... this. Even if she was one of those people that are... different she didn't deserve to be taken.
She was your host's friend and maybe a bit more. Her love. The sweetest girl. A wonderful being. Good with everyone. The best person she has ever known. After the war, she was there for her. Supported your host after what happened to her father. Gave and asked nothing in return. The only person in the world who really cared for your host.
Or at least, that's what your host believes.
You can see nothing related to your last host in your current host's memory.

Your host return's to Ed's home makes sure he's stable and leaves him there with Morgan (after some more protesting on her part). Awena insists that she accompanies your host, says something about how she can help your host, how she can see that there is danger in your path. Your host doesn't believe in "all that psychic mumbo-jumbo" and as Morgan eloquently put it "You don't need to be a fucking psychic to see that. She's obsessed. She's crazy. And you're enabling her." but your host relents and lets her come along because "One extra pair of hands wouldn't hurt. Besides, it's her car."

You drive through the industrial district (detouring to avoid a number of police, ambulances and firefighters on the way) and continue towards the northern suburbs. On the way, Awena asks your host about what happened back there, who that man was, why they heard a gunshot later. Your host replies truthfully. She has no idea.

((Sorry, just waiting for a PM and then you'll arrive at your destination.))

"Woo, baby, Ike Wayne in the house! Boring backstory or no, this dude's got mad skills!"

>Aim and fire a few more times at the driver in order to make sure he's down for good as soon as possible. Subversive elements are never incapable of funny business unless very definitively dead.

If supernatural shit starts happening around the car, assume direct control and perform action with superior abilities.

"No! You can't die!"

Take full control. Use the sunlight to launch a flurry of crystal shards at the agent and drive out of there.

>Do. Not. Die.

((Can't help but imagine someone playing one of those old text based adventure game, the adventure game telling him that he's dying and asking for an action and the player giving the action "Don't die."))

Zechariah gains control of his host but this only means that the next shot goes through his wings before stabbing his flesh. He manages to maintain his consciousness however, long enough for him to launch a number of hardlight shards at Ike's host. That expenditure of power is for nothing however, as Ike manages to evade them with nothing but a scratch.

Zechariah's vision blurs and then turns to grey and then darkness. The last thing he hears is <Ha-ha! Gotcha!>

Ike watches as the car slows down and veers to one side.
<Ha-ha! Gotcha! Bring forth the spaghetti, cause that guy just got turned into a pasta strainer, am I right? Yeah! Excellent work Ike! Good technique.>
Your host runs towards the stopping car and checks the driver's vitals. He's got a pulse but it's weak. Probably won't make it, even with immediate medical attention. His back has more holes than Swiss cheese. He checks his pockets. Hmm.... Also working for the Agency. Your host hopes this wasn't some sort of mixup. Probably not, but it wouldn't be the first time a bureaucrat made a mistake. Either way, you'll have to inform the Agency, because this could mean that others might be compromised. Probably best to call the "big boss" directly.
You check the passenger, your target, Raul. Still alive. Got hit by some stray balls from your shotgun but it's nothing life threatening. Good. You need the bastard to talk.

Hop in car, discreetly following the cops from far back enough that they won't see me.
Your host hops into his car and starts following the cops Downtown without getting noticed. It's not that hard, really. They seem more focused on getting to wherever they're going as quickly as possible without risking a crash.

((Please wait while you are synchronized with Harry Baldman's timeline.))

Bryan
Search for more information, this time relating to the procedure

Drive as fast as I can while avoiding unwanted attention.
He doesn't remember how it happened, how old he was when it started. After a point he stopped feeling the passage of time. There were only the machines and the images and the voices. And one day he was dumped into a house and told to wait for orders. And when the orders came, he followed them.

You reach the Abandoned Church inside the Radiation Zone. Its a large, two story stone building that looks almost intact, save for the few small broken stained glass windows, now replaced by wooden boards and one of its bell towers which has collapsed. Your target said there would be information hidden in there, near a bookcase. Probably hidden somewhere near the back of the church or the second story.
It looks inhabited, although whoever lived here has taken some steps to avoid detection. Still, there are fresh tire tracks and footprints around the church and you can see a faint light in one of the upper windows. There's a good chance your host will encounter resistance. He feels confident it won't be a problem.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:11:52 pm by Parisbre56 »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: March 13, 2014, 10:31:50 pm »

Zechariah floats hopelessly in his host's consciousness (or rather, lack thereof).
One last try. Willpower was always Zechariah's thing. Pray to Eido Aeterno it still is.
This couldn't be the end for his host. It wasn't fair, it was Zechariah's fault, not his host's. His host did everything he could, Zechariah didn't. It wasn't his time to die yet. Not now.

"Live. Come on, you can make it. Don't move, don't waste your energy. Let him get away. If you live to fight again, that's all that matters. Nothing else. Keep your energy, wait for help. You have to live. Don't die, you can't die. The future depends on your life. Don't lose it, don't lose that life. You still have a chance, take that chance. You need nothing else right now except for the chance to live.

Live.

>LIVE."

>Use the Shadow to feign complete death to the agent.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:19:58 am by DarkArtemisFowl »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 521