Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125360 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 2
« Reply #1440 on: February 09, 2014, 06:15:17 pm »

I cross my arms in front of me, my hands cupping my elbows, and look down at D's fox-form beside me, and allow one of my tails to brush him.
"I... I don't... I... She... Could we talk about anything that's not that? It's... complicated."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 09, 2014, 06:30:35 pm »

"I... I don't... I... She... Could we talk about anything that's not that? It's... complicated."
Zechariah holds his breath, and curses to himself mentally.
Good job, idiot. You never stopped to consider if she had problems with her entity either?
"I'm sorry. What happened during the mission after I... erm... disconnected?"
Zechariah sets his staff down on the ground behind him. He didn't need it at this time.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1442 on: February 09, 2014, 07:48:23 pm »

Spoiler: GM's Eyes Only (click to show/hide)

Create a field of bearflowers to frolic through in the Staging Area.
You create a number of cartoon-like brown bears that wear enormous sunflowers with big bright yellow petals for collars. They walk like they're filled with helium, jumping with each step. They maintain a stupidly happy smile on their face.
They immediately gang up on Alan (who is currently trapped under a giant machine) and stop him from lighting a fire. They continue by trying to convince him him that only he can prevent forest fires and that bears are the greatest animal in existence.

Jordan didn't go for creation. He preferred alteration and observation.
Stand and watch quietly.
Well, there are many words one could use to describe the situation in the staging area. But only one that really fits: Crazy.
You idly contemplate if god-like power brings madness or if it is the other way around and why humanity hasn't destroyed itself yet.

Politely wait for the girl, then walk with her to the others.
The girl speaks for a while and then walks back to you. Se seems slightly... different.
You proceed to the center of the area, where the scene is one of chaos and madness. Bears with collars made of flower petals, giant robots, a giant machine with a giant piece of colorful plastic attached to it, a pale man, a man with big ears and a little girl walking around looking confused.
The fox-girl you are with is looking around. Probably trying to understand what's going on.
"So," she asks "I distinctly remember someone else being here, someone flaring up with fire when I was observing this place earlier." He lets that statement-question hang in the air for a moment before continuing.
"Are you people some sort of traveling inventors?" Not a completely unreasonable question, concerning the scenery.

Summon lighters and gasoline hoses!
You summon plenty of lighters and gasoline hoses. You would use them, if you weren't immediately surrounded by a large number of brown bears wearing a collar made of yellow flower petals around their necks and a stupid grin on their face. They prevent you from using your tools and begin lecturing you about the fact that only YOU can prevent forest fires and that bears are the greatest animal ever. And you are powerless to stop them.

Use my club as a makeshift tent pole.
Well, it's certainly less claustrophobic now. Not much brighter. Perhaps there's something you're forgetting?

Wander around.
I will refer you to the above posts for a description of what's going on in the staging area. Except for coolrune, he's not there.

He took a deep breath and began to speak his mind. "I'm sorry, Irine. I was... I was being a bipolar moron during the mission and the Staging Area, and I screwed up." Zechariah pauses for a moment, looking at the ground. "I let myself get carried away and I'm doing more harm than good, and I ignored your advice when it came to the point where I could have won the mission also. I'm sorry for being more of a burden than I have been a help." Zechariah gives a very small smile, more resentful than it is relieved. "By trying to help people, I've actually hurt them more, and I don't know if there's a way to make it up now."
"You didn't actually do any harm Zech. During the mission, you wouldn't have been able to escape anyway. Back in the Staging Area, I wasn't going to convince Him to revive my host anyway. During the mission, you saved Angel and me. You stopped our pursuers when I couldn't. The only person that got hurt from what you did was yourself. I'm not who you should apologize to. You are."
I sniffle once, but try to maintain eye contact anyway.
"You didn't hurt me Zech."

((by the way, editing in your post like that didn't mark the thread as having a new post. I only noticed because I've been actively refreshing the thread every couple hours to check in case you did exactly that.))

((Oh, um, I don't know how good Zech is at catching lies, but in Irine's mind, everything she said but the very last sentence, the one where she is making a point of maintaining eye contact, is true. that last part where she's making a point of keeping eye contact is a white lie.))
D. looks at both of you with a questioning look but says nothing.
"You didn't actually do any harm Zech. During the mission, you wouldn't have been able to escape anyway. Back in the Staging Area, I wasn't going to convince Him to revive my host anyway. During the mission, you saved Angel and me. You stopped our pursuers when I couldn't. The only person that got hurt from what you did was yourself. I'm not who you should apologize to. You are."
I sniffle once, but try to maintain eye contact anyway.
"You didn't hurt me Zech."

((by the way, editing in your post like that didn't mark the thread as having a new post. I only noticed because I've been actively refreshing the thread every couple hours to check in case you did exactly that.))
((Yeah, I expected that... I wish there was a way to mark a modification as a "new post" because I don't want to have to confuse Paris with new posts.))
Zechariah sighs. "It's hard to feel like I did anything beneficial when even my own entity despises my persona. She wants me to be a cold blooded killer, and that's not who I am. That's not who you are either." He relaxes his shoulders a little bit. "I know it's not healthy to put myself down, but I don't want to put the blame on anyone else's hands." Zechariah tries to steady his voice. His eyes are now of a softer, more clear tone.
"Um. How are you with your entity, by the way? If you don't mind me asking.."
((Mildly related, but if you modify your action a long time after posting it, it might be a good idea to mention it in another post or just post a new action post instead, because I sometimes start working on a post in the morning, do stuff and then finish it in the night.))
"Oh, her? Don't worry about it, she's always been a bitch. So stuck up. Always thinking she and her boyfriend are the best there ever was. Just ignore her. That's what I do."
"Not that you don't need some improvement, of course. Just don't let her bring you down, mate. You gotta stay positive!"

I cross my arms in front of me, my hands cupping my elbows, and look down at D's fox-form beside me, and allow one of my tails to brush him.
D. gently rubs his head against Irene's leg in response.
I would prefer it if you didn't tell Stellar of our little talk, by the way. Irene hears a voice in her head. Or anyone for that matter. There's no telling who might use that info against her.
Zechariah holds his breath, and curses to himself mentally.
Good job, idiot. You never stopped to consider if she had problems with her entity either?
"I'm sorry. What happened during the mission after I... erm... disconnected?"
Zechariah sets his staff down on the ground behind him. He didn't need it at this time.
D. approaches your staff, sniffs at it curiously and gently pokes it with his forepaw before looking at you.

((Like I said, both missions starting on Tuesday or Wednesday.))

Peregrine
"B-but you brought me here and what will I do if they're not friendly!" Theri's ears drooped, "Awh...I just don't want to leave you behind. Promise you'll stay with me, ok?"

Do the first note mentioned earlier-to the brown-colored person!
"But I- I can't-... The others-" He sighs and looks down. "Look. There's no reason to worry. You'll be fine. You don't need my help. But... if you really want this..."
He reaches out with his forepaw and touches your arm. "Observe." he says.
You lift your arm and watch as a black stripe forms and extends around your wrist like a bracelet, changing the color of your white fur. You look down only to see that he has disappeared without a trace.
"Now I'll be with you for as long you want me to be." you hear a voice in your head.

You return to the man who is waiting for you.
You both walk to the center of the area, where the scene is one of chaos and madness. Bears with collars made of flower petals, giant robots, a giant machine with a giant piece of colorful plastic attached to it, a pale man, a man with big ears. And a little girl that is walking around looking confused. The brown-colored person doesn't seem to be here anymore.
"So," Theri said, "I distinctly remember someone else here, flaring up with fire when I last saw it. Are you people some sort of traveling inventors?"

Ask mwahaha.

River?
Riiiiver?
I've to ask-you're sure you're ok in this form? I-I guess this means you've somehow bonded yourself to me, or are you somewhere else that's not here with me?

((Edited your very apt question in the current turn.))
"Not exactly. I just... hitched a ride, so to speak. When you've been traveling for as long as I have, you pick up a few tricks. Learn to be flexible. This trick has got me past guards so many times..." he says with a small laugh.

"It is a bit... uncomfortable but I'll be fine as long as it doesn't take more than a day."
Ooohh, please tell me where to meet you though. I wouldn't want to travel without you-my kind guide and all. Was there anything about these people that caught your eye? Or was it the fire-starter...because I can't find her.
"Oh, don't worry. I won't leave your side... or arm, as it is right now." he says with a small laugh.

"They're a strange bunch, made stranger by their strength. With their troubles and their good moments. Their virtues and their faults. Like all humans. That's what makes them interesting.
Look at the man standing beside you for example. He was a soldier but now he is trting to help people. And that little girl, the one who isn't older than 7 years, she's very powerful and yet she doesn't know how to use that power."

"This is a place between worlds. A safe area where people from many different worlds meet. A place for people to travel through to other places. Places where they can watch the stories of the world unfold. And interact with them, if they so wish.
There are rooms for people here. Personal spaces. Perhaps the one who started the fire returned to hers to calm down a bit."

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:45:47 am by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 09, 2014, 07:55:15 pm »

Run away from the bears and towards...anyone. Discard powers, get powers that make stuff. Like, summony powers.

"What's going on?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 09, 2014, 08:34:13 pm »

Spoiler: GM'S FACE ONLY (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 09, 2014, 08:39:00 pm »

"Well, um, that person you tried to save was our final opponent. She was... disabled, at the same time you were. So, after that, we went down and finished the last steps of the mission. But, at the end, when we were deciding who would take the... escape vehicle, out. I... I..."
I squeeze my eyes shut at this point, my arms holding each other tightly.
"I tried to get two of us out at the same time, using my small size. And it... it almost worked. But I... I failed at the end. I couldn't pilot it well enough. I damaged it as we left, and it... It wasn't able to land anymore. It... It exploded at the end when we tried, and killed everyone. It counted as us winning the mission, but..."

Spoiler: GM's FACE ONLY
((The GM squeezes his eyes tightly shut just before opening the spoiler, then repeatedly slams his face forward into his computer monitor, trying to read the message.
"WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING?!?"))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 09, 2014, 08:50:45 pm »

"Yes, there was someone else here, she appears to have left.  As to your other question, we are a group of people with a wide assortment of abilities, such as that fire.  It appears that some of us are inventors.
Bryan looks around the area and shakes his head, "What in the world?  I don't even know what's going on here."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 09, 2014, 08:59:42 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAHEATHENABOMINATIONSAGAINSTCOLBERT

Pick up those plunger swords I had earlier and charge at them!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 10, 2014, 02:54:14 pm »

"Well, um, that person you tried to save was our final opponent. She was... disabled, at the same time you were. So, after that, we went down and finished the last steps of the mission. But, at the end, when we were deciding who would take the... escape vehicle, out. I... I..."
"I tried to get two of us out at the same time, using my small size. And it... it almost worked. But I... I failed at the end. I couldn't pilot it well enough. I damaged it as we left, and it... It wasn't able to land anymore. It... It exploded at the end when we tried, and killed everyone. It counted as us winning the mission, but..."
Zechariah relaxes somewhat further. Up until this point his shoulders were still a bit tense, but he decided to let it go.
"It's not your fault. Mistakes will happen, no matter how hard we try to prevent them. I.. I know this by heart, since it's what I had to live with as a Medium. Seeing worlds die and fall to the Shadow, in the hopes that one day we'd finally awaken those who are asleep and erase the Shadow." Zechariah lowered his eyes, trying not to think of times past.
"So don't blame yourself for those who died. Don't let their deaths be in vain. You and Ike won, so you have more power, right?" He manages a small smile. "Use your power to save others now. Focus on the future. We make mistakes, but we also create gateways to clarity. You create gateways to clarity, not a path of destruction."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1449 on: February 10, 2014, 04:05:22 pm »

Run away from the bears and towards...anyone. Discard powers, get powers that make stuff. Like, summony powers.

"What's going on?"
"Summony powers"? Such a vague description could mean anything... Let's hope for a 6... Ah, well, close enough.
You gain the ability to summon lesser demons from the first and second circles of hell, provided you perform the correct ritual. It involves a pentagram with a pentagram drawn inside every pentagram and chanting in backwards Greek and forwards Latin at the same time.
You gain the ability to automatically teleport away from any bears in a 30 meter radius. It immediately teleports you a good distance away, among some trees and rocks.
"People are going mad with power, I think. It's like... Ever watched a movie called The Sphere? No, wait, silly question. You're from a different universe, I can't expect you to have the same movies there."

Spoiler: GM'S FACE ONLY (click to show/hide)
I'm assuming you want to go to the staging area? If yes, you go there and see what the others are doing. Sorry for not providing a better description but there are only so many ways I can describe flowerbears before it becomes boring.

"Yes, there was someone else here, she appears to have left.  As to your other question, we are a group of people with a wide assortment of abilities, such as that fire.  It appears that some of us are inventors.
Bryan looks around the area and shakes his head, "What in the world?  I don't even know what's going on here."
"...Aren't you their companion? It always pays to be informed of what your companions are doing." the girl comments.  "Though a more important question is why you are all here. What are you all doing here?
And would you mind if I tried my hand in inventing?"

She extends her arm and a flower with white, orange and red petals appears in her palm.
"To lighten up the mood, of course."

AAAAAAAAAAHEATHENABOMINATIONSAGAINSTCOLBERT

Pick up those plunger swords I had earlier and charge at them!
The plungerswords are about half a meter to your left. You extend your arms to grab it but you can't quite reach it. The bears are getting more insistent with their lecturing and are slowly approaching.
This is the wampa cave all over again.

"Actually the missile didn't explode, it just crashed into the ground and fragmented into many little pieces. Which I guess you could call explode, although when people usually say explode they mean the detonation of an explosive. Then again, there's the expression 'his head exploded like a melon'. Anyway, the real explosion was at the lab you left, that thing went up in... in... ummm... it was... I mean, erm, the missile... Who is speaking? Did anyone hear anything? Because I sure didn't! Must have been the wind, yes?" *awkward half-laugh* "Yes!... Wind... In... the cave... Yeah..." *looks left and right with a panicked look* "Oh fates protect us! That fox is a dinosaur! Quick, ignore everything he says and run away!" he says and starts running towards a wall. He passes through it and disappears amongst a shower of golden sparks.

Everyone
Everybody hears a voice in their head and feels an almost imperceptible urge to move towards the staging.
Those already in the staging area see the shadow man Angel call Charlie appearing on a rock. He mutters something about the state of this place.
"If everyone could converge at the staging area, that would be great. I have an announcement to make. Something to improve the mood, so to speak."

Spoiler: GM's FACE ONLY
((The GM squeezes his eyes tightly shut just before opening the spoiler, then repeatedly slams his face forward into his computer monitor, trying to read the message.
"WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING?!?"))
((I DON'T KNOOOW!!! *bang* I WAS BANGING MY HEAD ON THE SCREEN FOR LIKE AN HOUR *bang* BUT THE ONLY THING I MANAGED TO DO IS TO MAKE EVERYTHING RED!!! *bang* WHY DID YOU FAIL ME FACE?!? *bang,bang* WHYYYYYY?!? AAA*bang*AAA*bang*AAA*bang*AAAAAAA-*crash*
Ahem. Ok. I've stopped laughing now. Let's be serious again. Or back to my normal level of silliness at least.))

Peregrine

"...You aren't their companion? It always pays to be informed of what your companions are doing." Theri says, "Though why you're all here is another question. What are you all doing here? And would you mind if I tried my hand in inventing?

"To lighten up the mood, of course."

Converse
So...do you think I can give her a gift? Like-what do you know other fox-folk like me would generally like? I'll try to prepare that!

Follow advice and prepare happy-gift! Give to said person if possible, and tuck it away if not present!
"I'm not sure what she would like... She's rather... unlike you. Unique. Never met anything like her before. She's like you in that regard. Strange how you can be so similar and yet be so different."
"And I always thought that the best gifts you could give were the kind of gifts one can use. A knife, a good meal, a piece of advice, a wonderful experience... But I cannot think of what she might need..."
"But I've seen people do this before. Exchanging gifts that hold a certain beauty. Perhaps she would like something like that? Yes, something like that might work."

You extend your hand and a flower appears in it. It looks like a lily, with petals starting from red center and white edges, with an orange color in between.
"You think something simple, like that will do? Or maybe she would prefer something a bit more complex?"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:16:18 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 10, 2014, 04:17:38 pm »

Do a tuck and roll over to the plunger swords and brandish them at the bears while repeating that song I made up at war cry volume.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 10, 2014, 04:19:53 pm »

"You misunderstand. What is, is. I know this as well as you. But I have a responsibility to the girl who was my host. I stole her free will Zech. I took away her ability to choose. What happens, happens. I can handle the blood on my hands from the people I killed, but I owe that girl. She was supposed to escape. I was supposed to have saved her. To let her be free again and make her own choices, to decide her own fate. She never got that choice Zech. That... That's unacceptable. That's completely unacceptable. Better death than slavery of the mind, and I enslaved her. I had a good reason, and I did my best to do what she would have wanted, but I never asked her permission Zech. I just stole it.

and I never gave it back."

At this point I'm visibly shivering, my eyes tightly squeezed shut, and my arms holding each other tighter than ever. My ears are compeletely flat, and my tails are braided together behind me.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 10, 2014, 04:21:11 pm »

Jordan contemplated the question. Humanity was one of the few species that Jordan found labeled what was perfectly natural behavior for themselves (Such as sex, or murder) as completely immoral, yet still committed these acts while self-justifying it in such a way that not only would they not be in a position of blame, but exalted above their fellow men for it. Similarly, humanity managed to balance out "horrifyingly godlike power" and "total insanity even by their own standards" surprisingly well just thanks to the laws of pure chance and the fact that humans tend to get distracted by overwhelmingly petty shit and thus people who could have destroyed the world were stopped by their mere ability to care more about getting people to like them/taking revenge on a pitiful infraction/self-destructing spectacularly due to their own neuroses.

Jordan liked being a human. Anything else would be harder to exploit. While he was philophising, a niggling thought came at him that he decided to vocalize. It would probably not get a straight or honest answer, but it was worth posing. It would at least provide some insight into his teammates opinions on what is going on.
"So, as we are doing this, how much time is passing in our home universes? I'm not sure if I want to go back and find I've been gone 50 years."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 10, 2014, 04:25:42 pm »

((Eh. I was imagining something more general, but this works.))

Angel headed over to Charlie.

"What is it?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 10, 2014, 04:26:46 pm »

Eria walk over and sits.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 521