Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125221 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 2
« Reply #1410 on: February 05, 2014, 01:33:51 pm »

"I allow D into this area."
I wait a moment, giving him a chance to enter, but stay curled up.
"Why did Stellar reject me D? Why did she push me away? I... I needed her. I needed, still need, help. And she pushed me away, saying I should hate her for... something she did a while ago. She hasn't said what, though I think I can guess it. I don't hate her D. I've tried to tell her over and over, but she can't seem to accept it. I... I wish she'd trust me. I wish she'd accept me. She keeps acting like she thinks she's unworthy of me. I don't care about if she's worthy or not! Why did she reject me D?! Why..."

((Just noticed you described my caves as dark, cold, and empty. um...))
Quote from: Home
if you continue deeper still, magma pools begin to pockmark the area, and small geysers and hot springs are everywhere. the air is quite hot and humid, and every imaginable surface is absolutely covered in plant life. including some giant fungi that will sometimes extend from the ceiling to the floor, and block some paths.
A lot of the local flora are bioluminescent. It's not daylight-levels of light, but it's closer to a normally-lit room in most places (exact light level varies based on plant distribution).

There are dark, cold, and empty places, but those are much higher up. The deep area is my home and it's not like that.))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 05:49:57 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: February 05, 2014, 01:42:46 pm »

And then Alan comes and punches you in the face. You fall down again.
Why do people keep hitting you? And in the head of all places. Is "Stress Release Punching Bag" written somewhere on your face?
((Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it usually Alan doing that?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: February 05, 2014, 01:46:15 pm »

And then Alan comes and punches you in the face. You fall down again.
Why do people keep hitting you? And in the head of all places. Is "Stress Release Punching Bag" written somewhere on your face?
((Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it usually Alan doing that?))
((I did it just a moment ago, when I misinterpreted his cry for help.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: February 05, 2014, 05:22:43 pm »

Bryan looks around a bit sheepishly when he realizes he interrupted the young lady.  He waits to make sure that she is done talking before answering her question.  "Well, as I understand, most of the people here just went through an incredibly traumatic experience.  They are upset with the people in charge and that has led to an out of control fire, and someone nearly losing control of an incredibly violent alternate personality.  It looks like things have calmed down a bit though."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: February 05, 2014, 05:33:16 pm »

Summon one of those whacky inflatable arm flailing tube men.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: February 05, 2014, 05:35:53 pm »

"Well, as I understand, most of the people here just went through an incredibly traumatic experience.  They are upset with the people in charge and that has led to an out of control fire, and someone nearly losing control of an incredibly violent alternate personality.  It looks like things have calmed down a bit though."
((Sounds about right.
Also, I'm posting my turn soon, just give me a little bit of time.))
Zechariah huffed while on the floor. It was stupid what he was doing, he knew it. But he didn't know what else he could do. He felt powerless to his own mind. Hell, even the man-child that has just knocked him to the ground is probably more mature than Zechariah. He decided to close his eyes and take a small breather once again, this time to set his mind straight. When he opened them again, it seemed as if time froze. Nothing was moving and he couldn't hear anything but his own thoughts. He turned to his side and found a strange person staring at him. It wasn't who he expected, and not someone who he thought he would have seen again.

Spoiler: Conversation (click to show/hide)

Zechariah sat straight up, breathing quick breaths.
Selene Iaunum. I'm sorry. I'll make it up. Maybe I should apologize to Irine first of all, for making such a fool of myself and losing control...
First, find Irine. She doesn't appear to be anywhere in the main area.
"Drake? Might you know where Irine is right now?"

Find Irine.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 12:05:59 am by DarkArtemisFowl »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 06, 2014, 03:48:06 am »

Find Irine.
((I went back to my personal area, you won't find me. I suggest asking for help contacting me. You don't know this but right now the only ones who can contact me are Stellar and D, and Stellar is... unavailable. If you ask a random entity to contact me then you'll probably get redirected to D, who can relay your request for permission to enter to me.))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:51:31 am by Lenglon »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 06, 2014, 09:49:21 am »

"Well, that was an interesting conversation, but I suppose I must see what the others are up to." Jordan stood up, sipping the last of the drink, then walked towards the door and opened it.
Step out and see what the others are doing.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1418 on: February 07, 2014, 07:18:32 pm »

((I switched to finalizing B.E.T.A. a bit since that seems to be our other mission and I am happy to report that it is also mostly done. Just need to double check the map a bit.
If all goes well, I should be able to start both missions on... let's say... Tuesday.))

Stumble up to the cave wall, retch.
You stumble up to the nearby cave wall and retch, but your stomach is empty.
While you do so, you notice that this is a rather large cave. It's lit by some small holes in the ceiling of the cave. There's also a cliff at one end of the cave. There's only darkness there.
"Hey! Hey, you! Everything alright? Something went wrong with the transfer? Are you feeling like yourself? No, that's a silly question, how could you be able to tell if you weren't yourself? Eeeerm... Something simpler. CAAAN. YOOOUUU. UNDERSTAAAND. MEEE?" you hear a voice in your head.

"I allow D into this area."
I wait a moment, giving him a chance to enter, but stay curled up.
"Why did Stellar reject me D? Why did she push me away? I... I needed her. I needed, still need, help. And she pushed me away, saying I should hate her for... something she did a while ago. She hasn't said what, though I think I can guess it. I don't hate her D. I've tried to tell her over and over, but she can't seem to accept it. I... I wish she'd trust me. I wish she'd accept me. She keeps acting like she thinks she's unworthy of me. I don't care about if she's worthy or not! Why did she reject me D?! Why..."

((Just noticed you described my caves as dark, cold, and empty. um...))
Quote from: Home
if you continue deeper still, magma pools begin to pockmark the area, and small geysers and hot springs are everywhere. the air is quite hot and humid, and every imaginable surface is absolutely covered in plant life. including some giant fungi that will sometimes extend from the ceiling to the floor, and block some paths.
A lot of the local flora are bioluminescent. It's not daylight-levels of light, but it's closer to a normally-lit room in most places (exact light level varies based on plant distribution).

There are dark, cold, and empty places, but those are much higher up. The deep area is my home and it's not like that.))
((Sure, whatever you want. You gave me an entire planet's worth of description and I thought I could use it to make the scene a bit more desolate. And I was in a hurry so a small description was a plus.))
The entity begins manifesting even before you finish your sentence. A golden sparks and particles each with a different mix of yellow and red begin appearing and condensing into the form of a male fox. He's a bit larger than a fox should be, more like a big dog in size and his colors are more of a reddish orange than a brown or red.
"Hola he-" he begins in his happy tune before he fully materializes, though he stops when he lays eyes on you.
He watches quietly as you speak, slowly approaching and swishing and curving his fluffy tail from side to side, more like a curious cat than a fox, his ears at attention.
When you finish speaking, he responds, his tone normal this time, almost serious.
"It's not your fault. It's just... who she is. Her character. Human nature. She's normally a very happy person, a very... well, the closest thing to a good person I've seen, if such a thing exists. And she's strong, one of the strongest people I know. But... when she's feeling bad, when she thinks she's-... She pushes the people that care about her away. Retreats to herself. Blames herself for everything. She remains strong when it matters but on the inside,-... And it's been worse since that damn-..."
He stops talking, his head and his ears dropping.
"Well, I can't talk about it."
He sits down near your legs and looks you in the face, his tail swishing from side to side nervously. He continues speaking without opening his mouth.
"It's not about you, it's not about trust. I've been with her all my life and even through my bond I can't get to her. The only thing I can do is try to make her feel better."
"If anything, what she did shows the opposite. She does trust you. And that makes her weak. Vulnerable." He gets up and walks closer to your face. "I hope you won't betray that trust?"

Sometime during this conversation, a message is melted on the wall, as if written by a laser, stating that Zechariah wants to talk to you.

Bryan looks around a bit sheepishly when he realizes he interrupted the young lady.  He waits to make sure that she is done talking before answering her question.  "Well, as I understand, most of the people here just went through an incredibly traumatic experience.  They are upset with the people in charge and that has led to an out of control fire, and someone nearly losing control of an incredibly violent alternate personality.  It looks like things have calmed down a bit though."
The foxwoman seems to wait for you to speak first. You take a breath and half-open your mouth to declare your intention to speak, hoping to avoid any further awkwardness.

The girl seems puzzled by your explanation, her head twisted to the side quizzically.She answers your question nevertheless. "Oh, I was... sightseeing earlier and couldn't help but notice the fire... You really don't need help, then?" She glances behind her before returning her gaze to your eyes. "You don't think they need help?"

Summon one of those whacky inflatable arm flailing tube men.
You summon a giant whacky inflatable arm flailing tube man. Right on top of you. You are now pinned under a GWIAFTM that can probably be seen from miles away. The way his arms are flailing while he is standing on top of you seems almost mocking. Like he's celebrating your defeat.

"Well, as I understand, most of the people here just went through an incredibly traumatic experience.  They are upset with the people in charge and that has led to an out of control fire, and someone nearly losing control of an incredibly violent alternate personality.  It looks like things have calmed down a bit though."
((Sounds about right.
Also, I'm posting my turn soon, just give me a little bit of time.))
Zechariah huffed while on the floor. It was stupid what he was doing, he knew it. But he didn't know what else he could do. He felt powerless to his own mind. Hell, even the man-child that has just knocked him to the ground is probably more mature than Zechariah. He decided to close his eyes and take a small breather once again, this time to set his mind straight. When he opened them again, it seemed as if time froze. Nothing was moving and he couldn't hear anything but his own thoughts. He turned to his side and found a strange person staring at him. It wasn't who he expected, and not someone who he thought he would have seen again.

Spoiler: Conversation (click to show/hide)

Zechariah sat straight up, breathing quick breaths.
Selene Iaunum. I'm sorry. I'll make it up. Maybe I should apologize to Irine first of all, for making such a fool of myself and losing control...
First, find Irine. She doesn't appear to be anywhere in the main area.
"Drake? Might you know where Irine is right now?"

Find Irine.
"I'm talking to her right now. I'd prefer to talk to her in private but I suppose you could send her a message requesting entrance to her personal area."
For the sake of not wasting a turn, I've already written that you sent a message in Irene's turn. Feel free to write a more detailed message if you want and send it to her via mind mail.

"Well, that was an interesting conversation, but I suppose I must see what the others are up to." Jordan stood up, sipping the last of the drink, then walked towards the door and opened it.
Step out and see what the others are doing.
"Sure. Anytime..."
Well, the staging area is a forest and a waterfall.  There's a big scorch mark in the middle.
There's Alan trapped under an inflatable arm flailing tube man. Eria sunbathing. Zechariah talking to the air. Some guy in a gas mask. Angel being sad. A giant bulky robot. Aaand Ike sitting near Angel.

Peregrine
Theri tilted her head to the side. "Oh, I was...sightseeing earlier and couldn't help but notice the apparent fire coming in. You really don't need help, then?"

She glanced quickly back before looking at you in the face. "You don't think they need help?"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:35:50 am by Parisbre56 »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 07, 2014, 07:33:00 pm »

"Do they need help?  Probably.  As to what type of help, I don't know.  In trying to help and understand I've managed to make a girl of around 7 cry.  Do I need help?  I might at some point, I am not some man of steel.  At the moment the only thing I would need help with would be to help the other people.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: February 07, 2014, 08:52:29 pm »

"It's not your fault. It's just... who she is. Her character. Human nature. She's normally a very happy person, a very... well, the closest thing to a good person I've seen, if such a thing exists. And she's strong, one of the strongest people I know. But... when she's feeling bad, when she thinks she's-... She pushes the people that care about her away. Retreats to herself. Blames herself for everything. She remains strong when it matters but on the inside,-... And it's been worse since that damn-..."
((It occurred to me that this could also more or less apply to Angel. She was also pretty cheerful before everything started getting deadly serious; she's as good and innocent as small children can be; her power is the most versatile and arguably the strongest of anyone in the group; and she's blaming herself for everything, and that got a lot worse since that damn spiderdemon, when she had time to reflect.))

"In trying to help and understand I've managed to make a girl of around 7 cry."
((Yeah...not your finest hour.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: February 07, 2014, 08:53:31 pm »

Use my power on the inflatable arm flailing tube man.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: February 07, 2014, 09:12:48 pm »

Respond to the voice in my head with thoughts. Think, "Can you hear me?" If there is no response, then say aloud, "Can you read my thoughts?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: February 08, 2014, 01:53:17 am »

BBLLLEEEERRRGH

Vomit sewing needles at the tube man! He shall not best me!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: February 08, 2014, 02:06:51 am »

I close my eyes and, in an almost imperceptibly small motion, give two tiny nods before reopening them. I sniffle once, and limply point at my surroundings.
"Welcome to my home by the way"
The chamber that I'm in is somewhat smallish, . there is a small steaming spring on one side of the chamber, beside the mirror still veiled in flame. there are a lot of ferns lineing the walls and floor, and beneath them a layer of biolumenescent moss, giving the entire room a mildly eerie glow. There is a single opening to the chamber, leading out to a larger chamber with a visible magma pool taking up part of the chamber and several exits leading out into various parts of the nearby cave network.
"T-tell me if I, if there's anything I can do for Stellar, ok? I... I care."
I sit there for several moments afterward (and D has a chance to respond while it's still just the two of us), before finally sighing and hesitantly standing up and brushing myself off. I then turn to face the mirror, take a deep breath in, out, in, and "I allow Zech into this area"
Although I've done what I can to compose myself, I'm still standing there somewhat limply. My tails and ears drooping down, and my face still drifting down and away whenever I don't focus on where I'm looking.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 521