Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125226 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 2
« Reply #1425 on: February 08, 2014, 01:57:35 pm »

"Do they need help?  Probably.  As to what type of help, I don't know.  In trying to help and understand I've managed to make a girl of around 7 cry.  Do I need help?  I might at some point, I am not some man of steel.  At the moment the only thing I would need help with would be to help the other people.
The girl nods. "So, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" she says, starts walking forward with determination and then she stops, thinks for a moment, turns around and starts walking in the opposite direction, back to where she came from. "-..aaafter I make sure I didn't leave anything behind, of course!"
She runs a good distance away from you and then stops to look around. Specifically, behind a bush.

Use my power on the inflatable arm flailing tube man.
You touch the machine under the arm flailing tube man thing and make the entire thing even larger and heavier. It now has even more ridiculous colors and movements and makes one hell of a noise. And then it stops working, making the entire thing fall on you, plunging you into darkness. It feels like someone got a heavy piece of tarp or plastic over you, barely allowing you to move.
I hope you're not claustrophobic.

BBLLLEEEERRRGH

Vomit sewing needles at the tube man! He shall not best me!
Well, you would do that, but suddenly the machine that is keeping you down gets even larger, pinning you down completely. The fact that it is also making a banging noise and vibrating like an old cell phone isn't very pleasant. Thankfully, the machine stops working soon after.

Respond to the voice in my head with thoughts. Think, "Can you hear me?" If there is no response, then say aloud, "Can you read my thoughts?"
That depends. Are you thinking it with the intention of the voice hearing it?
If yes:
"Ahh. Good. Yes. Yes, I can here you. For a moment there I was afraid you had become a vegetable or something."
If not:
"What? Nonononono. That's against the rules. Besides, I can already hear the thoughts of one human and that's enough for me. Could you imagine what it would be like to hear the thoughts of every human in here? It would drive me crazy. Humans are crazy man!"

I close my eyes and, in an almost imperceptibly small motion, give two tiny nods before reopening them. I sniffle once, and limply point at my surroundings.
"Welcome to my home by the way"
The chamber that I'm in is somewhat smallish, . there is a small steaming spring on one side of the chamber, beside the mirror still veiled in flame. there are a lot of ferns lineing the walls and floor, and beneath them a layer of biolumenescent moss, giving the entire room a mildly eerie glow. There is a single opening to the chamber, leading out to a larger chamber with a visible magma pool taking up part of the chamber and several exits leading out into various parts of the nearby cave network.
"T-tell me if I, if there's anything I can do for Stellar, ok? I... I care."
I sit there for several moments afterward (and D has a chance to respond while it's still just the two of us), before finally sighing and hesitantly standing up and brushing myself off. I then turn to face the mirror, take a deep breath in, out, in, and "I allow Zech into this area"
Although I've done what I can to compose myself, I'm still standing there somewhat limply. My tails and ears drooping down, and my face still drifting down and away whenever I don't focus on where I'm looking.
"Good." he says after you nod. "Cause if you do, I won't give a damn about the rules." he is glowing slightly and his teeth are showing. "I'll kill you in the most painful way possible. I'll devour your soul and rip it apart until there's nothing left, even if it kills me."
He turns around and starts talking in his typical voice again, like he just flipped a switch and went from overprotective big brother mode back to happy mode.
"And I'd hate to do that to a beautiful little thing like you."

He starts walking around while you talk, observing his surroundings.
"You being with her is enough. She needs this right now. I can't explain why, but she does. You're helping her with something, even if neither of you can see it.
I think she'll be fine soon. I'm talking to her right now."

The flames of your portal shift a bit when you give permission for Zech to enter, but nothing significant happens.

"Love what you've done with the place by the way. I'm more of an open space man myself, but I can't deny it has a certain... charm." You suddenly realize he's standing next to you, his body and tail brushing against your leg as he walks.

Peregrine
Theri nodded. "So now I wonder what we're waiting for! Let's go!"

Run over to the brown-colored person I saw earlier, but first check back for River. If he isn't visible, then instead double back with the note of

"-..after I make sure I didn't leave anything behind, of course!"
You run back for a while until you see River in his wolf form, hiding behind a bush.
"I'm not coming." he says. "Help them. I...'ll stay here. I don't like-... People are-..." He takes a deep breath. "I prefer to observe from further away." He gently nudges you forward with his nose. "Go. Don't worry about me. I'll be watching. You can call me if there is trouble. You can talk to me from wherever you want. I'm magic, remember?"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:37:24 am by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 08, 2014, 02:01:39 pm »

Spoiler: GM's Eyes Only (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 08, 2014, 02:10:58 pm »

Zechariah proceeds into the portal of flames that appeared shortly after he asked to meet with Irine. Looking around, he admires the small space for a few moments, and finds Irine at the opposite end of the chamber. Zechariah walks within conversational range, but not close enough so as to encroach upon Irine's personal space. He could almost hear Selene talking to him, even though she was an apparition created by his subconscious.

Go on, Zechariah. Speak of your sins. Paint the blood in the heavens. The Castle must not stand forever.

He wasn't sure whether it was Selene or Artemis who said that. Not like it really mattered, really. He took a deep breath and began to speak his mind. "I'm sorry, Irine. I was... I was being a bipolar moron during the mission and the Staging Area, and I screwed up." Zechariah pauses for a moment, looking at the ground. "I let myself get carried away and I'm doing more harm than good, and I ignored your advice when it came to the point where I could have won the mission also. I'm sorry for being more of a burden than I have been a help." Zechariah gives a very small smile, more resentful than it is relieved. "By trying to help people, I've actually hurt them more, and I don't know if there's a way to make it up now."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:50:52 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 08, 2014, 02:16:52 pm »

Create a field of bearflowers to frolic through in the Staging Area.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 08, 2014, 02:18:42 pm »

Jordan didn't go for creation. He preferred alteration and observation.
Stand and watch quietly.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 08, 2014, 02:23:35 pm »

Politely wait for the girl, then walk with her to the others.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1431 on: February 08, 2014, 02:39:19 pm »

((I didn't know there was a separate action to enter the portal.))
You just pass through a circle of fire and get there. You can just roleplay getting there, no need to post an action unless you want me to write about it. Minor stuff like that or sending a message with your mind you don't need to get them through me, unless you want me to write about them.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 08, 2014, 02:47:08 pm »

((Got it, writing turn up when I can..))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 08, 2014, 05:00:33 pm »

Angel recovers a bit and starts trying to find someone to talk to or something to do.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: February 08, 2014, 05:49:02 pm »

Summon lighters and gasoline hoses!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 08, 2014, 05:53:00 pm »

Angel feels like she should be avoiding Alan. Moreso than usual, that is.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: February 08, 2014, 10:52:43 pm »

Use my club as a makeshift tent pole.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: February 09, 2014, 03:36:31 pm »

He took a deep breath and began to speak his mind. "I'm sorry, Irine. I was... I was being a bipolar moron during the mission and the Staging Area, and I screwed up." Zechariah pauses for a moment, looking at the ground. "I let myself get carried away and I'm doing more harm than good, and I ignored your advice when it came to the point where I could have won the mission also. I'm sorry for being more of a burden than I have been a help." Zechariah gives a very small smile, more resentful than it is relieved. "By trying to help people, I've actually hurt them more, and I don't know if there's a way to make it up now."
"You didn't actually do any harm Zech. During the mission, you wouldn't have been able to escape anyway. Back in the Staging Area, I wasn't going to convince Him to revive my host anyway. During the mission, you saved Angel and me. You stopped our pursuers when I couldn't. The only person that got hurt from what you did was yourself. I'm not who you should apologize to. You are."
I sniffle once, but try to maintain eye contact anyway.
"You didn't hurt me Zech."

((by the way, editing in your post like that didn't mark the thread as having a new post. I only noticed because I've been actively refreshing the thread every couple hours to check in case you did exactly that.))

((Oh, um, I don't know how good Zech is at catching lies, but in Irine's mind, everything she said but the very last sentence, the one where she is making a point of maintaining eye contact, is true. that last part where she's making a point of keeping eye contact is a white lie.))
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 04:04:38 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: February 09, 2014, 03:55:23 pm »

Wander around.
Sig

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: February 09, 2014, 06:07:35 pm »

"You didn't actually do any harm Zech. During the mission, you wouldn't have been able to escape anyway. Back in the Staging Area, I wasn't going to convince Him to revive my host anyway. During the mission, you saved Angel and me. You stopped our pursuers when I couldn't. The only person that got hurt from what you did was yourself. I'm not who you should apologize to. You are."
I sniffle once, but try to maintain eye contact anyway.
"You didn't hurt me Zech."

((by the way, editing in your post like that didn't mark the thread as having a new post. I only noticed because I've been actively refreshing the thread every couple hours to check in case you did exactly that.))
((Yeah, I expected that... I wish there was a way to mark a modification as a "new post" because I don't want to have to confuse Paris with new posts.))
Zechariah sighs. "It's hard to feel like I did anything beneficial when even my own entity despises my persona. She wants me to be a cold blooded killer, and that's not who I am. That's not who you are either." He relaxes his shoulders a little bit. "I know it's not healthy to put myself down, but I don't want to put the blame on anyone else's hands." Zechariah tries to steady his voice. His eyes are now of a softer, more clear tone.
"Um. How are you with your entity, by the way? If you don't mind me asking.."
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 521