Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125522 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 2
« Reply #1395 on: February 01, 2014, 04:43:22 pm »

So...a few meters per second cubed?

You forgot the kilograms. And it's probably best to just let Paris roll for his power and then we'll see what's what.

"Probably the hair armor. I've also had some powers that basically do nothing."

"Hair armor? How does that even work? And do you always know exactly what kind of power you've got?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: February 01, 2014, 04:49:12 pm »

So...a few meters per second cubed?
You forgot the kilograms.
D'oh.

And it's probably best to just let Paris roll for his power and then we'll see what's what.
Oh right. I was mostly asking for a ballpark estimate so I could tell how much effect he would have on stuff.

"Probably the hair armor. I've also had some powers that basically do nothing."
"Hair armor? How does that even work? And do you always know exactly what kind of power you've got?"
"Poorly. Didn't help at all against the robo-spider monster thingy. And yeah, I do."
((Sorry, had to insert a little snark.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1397 on: February 01, 2014, 07:02:44 pm »

Lenglon
DarkArtemisFowl
Harry Baldman
Xantalos (I have a bad feeling about this...)
Alarith
are the people going to the next mission. Please wait while I finalize some things and draw maps and do other stuff. I am also busy with homework so it might take a week or more. I have reset the poll. People not going to that mission, vote!

YES! RELEASE YOUR SPIRIT, ALLOW ME TO FIGHT WITH YOU AGAIN! DESTROY ANYONE WHO STANDS IN YOUR WAY! NOTHING CAN-

Artemis was so close to coming into power again, or at least Zechariah's mind construct of Artemis. If it was the real Artemis, this would be much more dangerous.

And then an entity invaded Zechariah's head and shut the door on Artemis, hurting his foot on the way out. Along with that, the other entity has just taken control of Zechariah and forced him to put a knife to his own throat. Zechariah tries to talk through his involuntary grin.

"I-Irine... help.. h-help me..."

You didn't fail, Irine, Zechariah thought to himself. I failed myself for the thousandth time. I let myself fall to Artemis, and these entities had to step in to calm me down.

I failed.
You can move. The entity didn't take over your mind to bring the knife to your neck. He simply took advantage of the rules of the Staging Area. And you are not grinning. Your reflection is grinning. Stupid magic tricks.

"Can you please refrain from doing that in the future?"
Zechariah tries to talk through his involuntary grin.
"I-Irine... help.. h-help me..."
I look at Zech, then wordlessly reach up and slam the blade against his neck as hard as I can.
Has he forgotten the nature of this place? We can't be hurt here.
"Would the entity in charge of last mission's world please speak with me? At what price would you revive that girl?"
You demonstrate to Zechariah why exactly he doesn't need help. Perhaps a bit too hard, because he falls down from the force of the impact.

"There is nothing you could offer me that I cannot take myself. Even if there was, there is nothing I can do about this right now."

We'll see... In the future...
the entity says in your head. You have a feeling that's all he's going to say on the matter.
Bryan stood and watched as events unfolded before him.  Did they really think they could take on an entity?  Here?  Now?  Not to mention that it looks like not even we can be hurt here.  If we take on an entity, we should try to be more subtle.  Now then, about that animal.
Go back to the eastern edge of the staging area, try to make a staircase leading up the wall
You start walking, wondering why everybody seems to be flipping out.
About halfway there, you hear someone running. You look and after a few moment you see the runner emerging from behind some bushes. It's a girl with white fur being chased by a black wolf, running towards you.
GMAH GASOLINE POWER

Summon gasoline hoses to counter the fire hoses!
You summon a single gasoline hose. And it has one of those safety things that doesn't allow it to pump gasoline if it's not pressed against a gas tank opening. Luckily, the hoses loose pressure and then stop spraying water altogether. That makes them stop slapping you.

You have a dumb laugh, whoever you are. Now, it's still not too late to be allies, and I'd rather not hurt a girl unless I have to. Why don't you just step out of the shadows so we can make an deal. Shake hands and all that.
And never speak of that cursed shelf again.

Talk.
"Hah. I'm sorry, it's just" she stifles another fit of laughter. "it's just a bit hard not to laugh. Anyway, there's no need to worry, your secret is safe with me. I've done way dumber things when I was young."

((I'm a bit too sleepy to properly assess coolrune206's character right now, but it seems sort of OK.
We already have a telekinetic, so I'm thinking of giving you telekinesis with a small twist, something a bit above human strength.
Trying to keep all unique abilities... well... unique.
I'll send you a PM tomorrow, probably.))

Peregrine
((You are going to be in the next mission. Please wait while I finalize some things and draw maps and do other stuff. I am also busy with homework so it might take a week or more to start.

The other people on the mission are:
Lenglon
DarkArtemisFowl
Harry Baldman
Xantalos
Alarith

Like I said, this mission will be a bit of an experiment. You'll act like someone's guardian angel, guiding them and helping them with their choices and problems. Sounds interesting to you?))

Theri looked at River for any suggestions-body language or not-the others didn't seem to do anything, or even show they probably cared. Though...that was due to the distance-although it was apparent that they were not seemingly acting. Her body tensed and she felt the strong inclination to act.

Whatshallwedo
nonocan'taskthatshe's-
River!

"Erh-"
Theri then proceeded mid-sentence to get down and help the people!...By going down..towards them!
River mutters "This isn't good." one more time and points the palm of his hand towards the girl creating the fire down there. He closes his eyes and stops moving, except for his chest that slowly rises and falls.

You are not going to stand around, doing nothing while people are in danger. You climb down the hill and start running towards where you think the people you were watching are. A few seconds later, you hear something hitting the ground behind you. You take a quick glance behind you and see River running after you in his wolf form.

After some running, about halfway to your destination, you come across a man with short dark brown hair, dark brown eyes and a small horizontal scar under his right eye. He's wearing black shoes, black pants, white shirt and a black coat.
((To be fair, I didn't recognize it as a tie when you said it like that either. xD Niice!))
((I've noticed that if you describe something you know about with many words it sounds alien because your mind misunderstands the description. For example, take the following sentence:

"A soft, fragile white substance starts falling from the sky and slowly accumulating around you. The flakes the material comes in seem incredibly light, twisting and turning, rising and falling in the wind. When you touch it, it feels very cold and almost immediately starts melting into a transparent liquid. Pushing a large amount of the material into a ball feels like you're breaking very soft glass. However, when you stop applying pressure, you find out that the material has been compacted into a fairly sturdy, hard and relatively heavy white ball."

If you say this, people are going to have a hard time figuring out that all you're really saying is: "It's snowing. You pick up some snow and make a snowball."))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:25:36 am by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: February 01, 2014, 07:11:49 pm »

Lenglon
DarkArtemisFowl
Harry Baldman
Xantalos (I have a bad feeling about this...)
Alarith
are the people going to the next mission. Please wait while I finalize some things and draw maps and do other stuff. I am also busy with homework so it might take a week or more. I have reset the poll. People not going to that mission, vote!
1. What, only five?
2. Vote? Vote on what?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: February 01, 2014, 07:12:21 pm »

((Awesome! I love it when I get randomly chosen. That almost never happens.))

"Poorly. Didn't help at all against the robo-spider monster thingy. And yeah, I do."

"Well, I suppose it wouldn't. Your power seems like the sort of thing that needs quite a lot of preparation beforehand. Do you make most of your plans before you get your powers, to determine the direction you want, or after, to decide how best to apply what you've got?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: February 01, 2014, 07:13:34 pm »

Angel shrugs.
"Didn't really make plans. Things kept going wrong and getting confusing too fast."
Sig

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: February 01, 2014, 08:08:04 pm »

Zechariah doesn't bother to pick himself up from the floor for a little while. His spirit has been shut down with such strength that his irises are now of a dark brown color and his wings have completely crumbled into aqua-colored particles. His staff remains a few feet from his hand with the crystal flag on top also disintegrated. Even the voice of Artemis remains quiet and his thoughts calm, for once. He takes a few quick breaths and settles into slow, deep breathing motions, his eyes closed.

After a few seconds, he picks up his staff and begins walking away from the group, head down, murmuring things silently. He throws the knife to the side and focuses his eyes on the ground in front of him. His energy begins to slowly return, along with the aqua color in his irises, bits of his wings, and the staff's flag.

"I can't promise... that I won't," Zechariah whispers quietly, still trudging along. "But... I'll continue in this... game... if there's a chance I can right the wrongs you entities have done already." He sighs and looks back for a moment at the people conversing among both entities and mortals alike.

Wander in my melancholy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: February 01, 2014, 09:32:02 pm »

take several deep breaths, then turn and return to my personal area.

Once there curl up in a corner and try to rest.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: February 01, 2014, 09:48:51 pm »

Bryan calls out to the girl being chased by the wolf, "Hey, do you need some help?"
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:29:15 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: February 01, 2014, 09:54:26 pm »

Bryan calls out, "Hey, do you need some help?"
((Who's he talking to?))
Sig

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: February 01, 2014, 11:07:01 pm »

((The girl being chased by the black wolf.  Sorry that wasn't clear.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: February 02, 2014, 12:35:44 am »

Zechariah doesn't bother to pick himself up from the floor for a little while. His spirit has been shut down with such strength that his irises are now of a dark brown color and his wings have completely crumbled into aqua-colored particles. His staff remains a few feet from his hand with the crystal flag on top also disintegrated. Even the voice of Artemis remains quiet and his thoughts calm, for once. He takes a few quick breaths and settles into slow, deep breathing motions, his eyes closed.

After a few seconds, he picks up his staff and begins walking away from the group, head down, murmuring things silently. He throws the knife to the side and focuses his eyes on the ground in front of him. His energy begins to slowly return, along with the aqua color in his irises, bits of his wings, and the staff's flag.

"I can't promise... that I won't," Zechariah whispers quietly, still trudging along. "But... I'll continue in this... game... if there's a chance I can right the wrongs you entities have done already." He sighs and looks back for a moment at the people conversing among both entities and mortals alike.

Wander in my melancholy.
Walk over to him.

STOP BEING WHINY

Slap him in the face, then abruptly skip away while grumbling to myself.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: February 03, 2014, 12:07:32 am »

Walk out the door. Look around. Look at the sky.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1408 on: February 05, 2014, 01:13:26 pm »

((Sorry for the delay, been making 4 different projects that all have their deadline soon. And I also did some auto-categorizing templates for the ER wiki to reduce future work. Will likely continue to be busy until the end of this weekend.

I have finalised 3 characters for the amethyst mission and worked on some maps a bit but I still need some time to work on it. Soon, hopefully.

Anyway, vote for what kind of boss fight you want.))

Wander in my melancholy.
Too bad there isn't any rain around here. You know, to complete the melancholic walking-alone scene.
And then Alan comes and punches you in the face. You fall down again.
Why do people keep hitting you? And in the head of all places. Is "Stress Release Punching Bag" written somewhere on your face?
mope
Walk over to him.

STOP BEING WHINY

Slap him in the face, then abruptly skip away while grumbling to myself.
You punch that guy in the face! Right in the face! He never saw it coming! He just went straight to the ground! If this wasn't a safe area, he'd have one hell of a headache right now.
You skip away, screaming Boom! Headshot!
Bryan calls out to the girl being chased by the wolf, "Hey, do you need some help?"
"Hey, "Excuse me do you good sir need some what's going on help?" over there?" you both speak at the same time, she pointing at the river where fox-girl was flipping out and burning everything, you pointing at the wolf chasing her. The wolf seems to be frightened by your sudden appearance and disappears behind some bushes while you stare at each other awkwardly. She's a bit out of breath.
Walk out the door. Look around. Look at the sky.
Through the door is a small rock tunnel? And at the end of the tunnel is a clearing with strange people in it and a waterfall?
And a fat guy just punched a guy with aqua dragonfly wings and then started skipping away while screaming?
Okay, either there's something very strange going on around here or you drunk way too much last night.
Angel shrugs.
"Didn't really make plans. Things kept going wrong and getting confusing too fast."
"Well, there's your problem!"

take several deep breaths, then turn and return to my personal area.

Once there curl up in a corner and try to rest.
You enter your dark cold empty caves and find a place to curl up and rest in. As you walk, you notice a message melted on one of the walls.
Quote from: Message
Hey.
If you want someone to talk to,
say or think "I allow D. into this area."
or something similar. Should work for any
name or intent.

-Roger D. Drake
You find a warm corner (must be some sort of hot spring or something behind that wall) and curl up there, placing your knees near your chest and your hands over them, your tails curling up behind your legs.

Quote from: Coolrune206
<character>
You wake up.
You can see a dark cave ceiling above you, filled with stalactites. You can feel the rocky ground below you. You can hear water dripping nearby.

Peregrine
((Sorry for the delay. Busy with homework.))
Like I said, this mission will be a bit of an experiment. You'll act like someone's guardian angel, guiding them and helping them with their choices and problems. Sounds interesting to you?))
YEEESSSS
Your note of 'being someone's guardian angel'... <3
If that's a good idea-I'm doing so to Lenglon.
((We'll see... ;) ))
((Err..actually I think its a matter of recognition or difference in 'what comes from x'. I've never known or seen what snow is-yet I identified it in the first sentence..in the first-half of the first sentence as soon as I saw 'sky'. :p
And nup! The reading of the long descriptions in order to describe the things was fun. Long sentences of environment is nice. Long sentences of pedantry is...silly. xD))

Nhh..hh..maybe he can help!
"Excuse me good sir, what's going on over there?"

Theri hurriedly asked the man while pointing at the woman and the big guy.
"Hey, "Excuse me do you good sir need some what's going on help?" over there?" you both speak at the same time, you pointing at the river where fox-girl was burning everything, him pointing at something behind you. You stare at each other awkwardly.

There doesn't seem to be a fire there anymore, by the way. Your vision of the area the fox-girl was in is obscured by some trees but the orange glow of the fire is gone.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:29:41 am by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: February 05, 2014, 01:19:58 pm »

Stumble up to the cave wall, retch.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 521