Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125521 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 2
« Reply #1380 on: February 01, 2014, 11:50:07 am »

"Not really."

"Ah. I see. Can you pick a general direction for your powers, then?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: February 01, 2014, 12:33:09 pm »

"Yeah."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: February 01, 2014, 01:25:06 pm »

"Yeah."

"Gotten anything really exciting yet? Like seeing the past, for instance?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 01, 2014, 02:28:07 pm »

"No. Well, once I could make these zappy laser disks, but they didn't help much."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 01, 2014, 02:53:41 pm »

Cant find whether my char was ever accepted :(
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 01, 2014, 02:57:10 pm »

Cant find whether my char was ever accepted :(
<ability description>
Tone this ability down a bit.
Or even better, choose something else since we already have people who can mess with fire and ice and I'd prefer to have more unique abilities.

Right now it is too powerful. Anything you touch? 10 000 degrees Celsius? And the ability to direct this ability to wherever you want? I'm assigning points to abilities to see if I should give them drawbacks and right now your ability is a -4.3(!) based on the guidelines I have (for comparison, all characters start at +2). You're gonna have some major drawbacks with a -4.3, even if you roll a six during character creation.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 01, 2014, 03:15:29 pm »

Updated my abilities
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 01, 2014, 03:21:09 pm »

Depending on the capabilities of that telekinesis, it could still be pretty powerful. I can see him slinging big blades of metal at supersonic speeds, for instance, or stopping bullets with his mind, or lift his boots and clothes to let him fly. Basically, he'd be able to be Superman, plus or minus a few gimmicks.
Sig

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: February 01, 2014, 03:42:39 pm »

When I mentioned size, I meant anything larger than 2'' diameter would be slightly hard to control, and anything 1' or over would be very hard. And he can't fling it at like, 100000mph. He can move it towards things slower or faster depending on the size.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 01, 2014, 03:46:03 pm »

"No. Well, once I could make these zappy laser disks, but they didn't help much."

"Ah. What's the worst thing you've gotten so far?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: February 01, 2014, 03:51:09 pm »

When I mentioned size, I meant anything larger than 2'' diameter would be slightly hard to control, and anything 1' or over would be very hard. And he can't fling it at like, 100000mph. He can move it towards things slower or faster depending on the size.
1. Bullets don't travel anywhere near 100,000 miles per hour.
2. Metal blades don't really need to travel that fast to be deadly.
3. Speaking of stuff like that, that bullet thing would be pretty easy to do with pretty much any weapon short of a broadsword or a haymaker.
4. You wouldn't need too fine of control with your shoes to levitate at least.
So we're going from "Superman, give or take" to merely "Man with an inherent gun, the ability to stop weapons, and levitation". Still a bit on the powerful side, especially when you factor in the more conventional uses.
how long a range is the telekinesis, anyways?

"Ah. What's the worst thing you've gotten so far?"
"Probably the hair armor. I've also had some powers that basically do nothing."
Sig

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 01, 2014, 03:55:03 pm »

Telekinesis? The strongest range possibility would be probably 3 feet, weakening from there on outwards. And it doesnt work as things flying at me suddenly stops. It would slow down, then start moving the other direction. Probably hitting me before full stop

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 01, 2014, 04:03:10 pm »

How much force can you apply with your telekinesis?
Sig

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: February 01, 2014, 04:11:42 pm »

Force? Hmmm... Think just a few newtons per second.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: February 01, 2014, 04:33:48 pm »

So...a few meters per second cubed?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 521