Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125538 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Final Level
« Reply #1125 on: January 20, 2014, 03:51:09 am »

"Anything dangerous out there? If it's clear then we should sit down and talk through who gets the easy exit and who has to fight their way out."

"There's lots of weaponry, robots and junk. And the colony ship thing. It looks a bit more disturbing than I'd expected. Otherwise, nothing overly alarming. Then again, the room is pretty huge. Impractically so, actually. It'd take more than an hour to reach the other end of it! Now, if you'll excuse me for a second..."

Check futuristic space fighter. Also check for jetpacks. Keep ears out for trouble.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1126 on: January 21, 2014, 12:23:28 pm »

Mission People! Post an action!

That means you Fniff and Lenglon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 21, 2014, 12:36:38 pm »

start moving the device forward and into the room then.
((was waiting on Jordan's response))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 21, 2014, 12:45:25 pm »

God, why do I need all this bullshit? I hate working in teams, I have to constantly work out what the fuck people even think in their idiotic little minds just so I can figure out what to do. And that's if they're not actively trying to fuck you over. This is why I work solo...
Keep an eye out for trouble, and any entrances into the building specifically.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1129 on: January 21, 2014, 07:14:43 pm »

"Anything dangerous out there? If it's clear then we should sit down and talk through who gets the easy exit and who has to fight their way out."

"There's lots of weaponry, robots and junk. And the colony ship thing. It looks a bit more disturbing than I'd expected. Otherwise, nothing overly alarming. Then again, the room is pretty huge. Impractically so, actually. It'd take more than an hour to reach the other end of it! Now, if you'll excuse me for a second..."

Check futuristic space fighter. Also check for jetpacks. Keep ears out for trouble.
You use the ramp to get down and look around.
The "space fighter" is a triangular thing that looks a bit like a Hind gunship with its tail, skids and rotor missing. Its wiring is exposed, many metal plates missing. It is anchored to the ground with a dozen bungee cords. There is a large part of its back missing where you suppose jet engines or some other weird thruster thing was supposed to fit.
You don't see any jetpacks nearby. Maybe they're in one of those metal rooms or maybe they're somewhere else or maybe the Soviets don't need better jetpacks.
As for trouble, well, the ship is straining those restraints very hard and... is it... moving slightly? You're not really sure but you think the flesh is moving and vibrating slightly. Plus, there are those alarms and that lady in the speakers keeps talking about a containment failure and gamma contingency.
start moving the device forward and into the room then.
((was waiting on Jordan's response))
You reach the room and see the same things as the others. You don't need me to describe it again, right?
God, why do I need all this bullshit? I hate working in teams, I have to constantly work out what the fuck people even think in their idiotic little minds just so I can figure out what to do. And that's if they're not actively trying to fuck you over. This is why I work solo...
Keep an eye out for trouble, and any entrances into the building specifically.
Other than the barely restrained alien thing that wants to defend itself from you and the army of angry Spetsnaz waiting for you upstairs? No, no trouble at all.
As for entrances, there are many rooms in here and doors in the concrete walls. None of those are open. There's also that hole over the rocket that could lead somewhere.

"Listing all remaining non-hidden objectives:
  • Primary Objective: Take the Device to the Heart of the compound and use it.
  • Primary Objective: After the process is complete, take the Device to the Escape Vehicle to the East. The Device MUST LEAVE the research facility. The Escape Vehicle MUST have EXACTLY ONE passenger.
    • Reward: 2 Upgrade Points awarded to all players that participated in the mission.
  • Secondary Objective: Escape the compound alive.
    • Reward: 2 Upgrade Points awarded to each player that has successfully escaped.
Desynchronization will occur after all objectives have been completed or failed."

"Was it hard? And what were you before that?"
"Oh, not really, they practically begged me for the job. They wanted a three headed troll god for diversity because the multiverse was afraid of being sued for discrimination. Although the amount of paperwork I had to go through was daunting. You won't believe how hard it is to find your birth certificate when you've lived for millions of years. And been reincarnated twice."
You suck!

Hurl insults at the Orc to distract it while my body comes up and strangles it!
Or something.

You scream at the orc, while your body gets up and... Hey! What the hell is it doing? It's hugging the orc‽!? Traitor!

Zechariah sits up and hangs his legs over the edge of the bed, looking up towards the ceiling of the cavern. He is wearing a somber expression.

"Let me guess - her soul isn't even here anymore, because that's what you entities want to show me?"
He hops off the bed and cross his arms, still staring at the top of the cavern.
"Go ahead. Call me disappointing, call me a loser, tell me I failed, tell me she's dead, tell me whatever you want. I've already heard everything and more from Artemis, Apollo, Eido, Oblivion, Danielle, Haextov, the Guardian Scion, and just about everyone else who I've had the pleasure to meet! So, what do you have to say, entity Scion? What other tales of sorrow and woes, of greed and hate do you have to send my way?!" Zechariah grits his teeth with a spark in his eyes that lasts for a moment. He then extinguishes his own spirit, the fire dying in his eyes and his spirit. He relaxes his shoulders and runs his hands through his hair.

"The only reason I am here is because Eido damned me to hell in trade for the salvation of my friends. I sacrificed my soul to the Limbo in order to kill the Shadow and keep my friends alive. Somewhere along the way, you entities picked me up and placed me in this game - but I guess this still follows through with Eido's promise of hell to me. But.. I'm willing to take whatever, because this is what I asked for. This is what I fought for."

The entity remains silent for a second. "You are an idiot." she growls, which comes off very strange with her distorted voice. She lets that sink in for a moment before continuing.

"I have no problem with your misguided attempts to make up for whatever delusion or emotional trauma drives you to try and save everyone. I deplore that, but it's your choice. I do, however, have a problem with these two things:
First of all, use your head. I understand that this in organ you humans commonly fail to utilize. I understand that your messiah complex and delusions of grandeur may interfere with the way you act, with your priorities. Even though I find it a terrible waste, I understand it. What I don't understand, your biggest failure is this:"
The air ripples in front of you like water, showing the faces of Ike and Irene
Through interface, to Zech: <You're about to pass out, foo'! And one thing you're definitely not going to manage is to get her out of here alive. Just being realistic here. And I don't think your alter-ego counts as a girlfriend. Also, you may want to take a step back from the parasite. What if it jumps off or something? Ah well. Resolve the issue how you see fit. I'll be cutting the power after a few minutes if you don't mind.>
interface to Ike, Jordan, and Zech: <You're overcommitting. If you lose control and she resumes attacking us, deadly force is going to be used to stop her. I agree with trying to save her, but if the attempts fail, better she dies than we do.>
"You, Mage, are either deaf or a fool. You didn't even had to use your head. You just had to listen."

"Second, if you want to help people, you need power. And you need to be able to wield it. To do that a mage needs a clear mind, an ordered mind. How can you act if you don't focus, if you do not plan your spells? A mage needs the energy to build his spells. Where will you find that energy when you are bleeding?"

"You have been given a rare opportunity here, something others would kill for. If you must insist on this... madness, then at least use these games to gain the power to do ... whatever idiocy you want to do successfully. In the end I don't care about what you do. I care that you are worthy when the time comes."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:46:28 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 21, 2014, 07:23:54 pm »

"Well, here goes..."
Move the device to the central point of the pulses, the "heart" of the ship, and see if it reconfigures itself into something useable.
"Pleasedonthurtmepleasedonthurtmepleasedonthurtmepleasedonthurtme"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 21, 2014, 07:26:05 pm »

Well fine I don't need you anyway!

Grow legs of my own and make like the headcrab - jump at the Orc's face!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 21, 2014, 08:01:52 pm »

Zechariah paused for an unsettling amount of time, murmuring silently to himself and searching the ground with his eyes. He crossed his arms and looked up to the ceiling of the cavern once agian.
"I acted like I did back there, because I saw myself inside the face of that woman. I saw Artemis, the demon he was, taunting me again. He's the one who made me lose my mind, and he's part of the reason why I have this power. He was the parasite attached to me, using me for his own wishes and manipulating me to be a force untold under his command. My super-ego told me that Artemis was completely insane, but my id told me that I wanted this power, that I needed this. That's why I didn't want to kill her, not because of some stupid love or protection of innocence. It was because I saw my own pain within that image, and I didn't want anyone to experience what I had experienced."

Zechariah sighs and attempts to recover from the flood of stress and complication that he experiences on a daily basis.
"I'm going to ask this again: why didn't you pick someone like Jordan? He's a star character under your checklist. He's been pitch-perfect this whole mission, completing objectives, dispatching guards, and avoiding traps like some protagonist from an action movie. Heck, he's still on a roll right now. He's much more sensible than I am. Wouldn't you prefer someone who is much more stable and direct, as opposed to someone with complex, cataclysmic potential? Or even Irine, she has powers rivaling you entities, coupled with a penchant for seeking information and finding truth." Zechariah sits back on the edge of the bed and puts his head in his hands.
"I... I honestly don't see why you'd pick someone like me. Doesn't matter what potential you say I have, it's not useful at all if I can't keep calm long enough to utilize it well. I bet Alan could do better than I can." He sits like this for a small while, before looking up again. "I have already butchered the first mission, and I'm probably gonna end up falling amazingly behind the others, who will promptly slaughter me the first chance they get. What do I have that they don't? Some fairy wings, glowing eyes, and a piece of wood?
"...
If you still have some ludicrous idea that I can still make it, fine. Because I do want to help others, and if I get that chance, I won't hesitate to take it. But I've already failed this mission, so how will I get this supposed power you're talking about? Because frankly, Jordan is topping the leader-board right now, and I'm sure that he won't blink at the opportunity to blow what's left of my brains out. And I'm sure you don't believe in the power of will like I do. I believe I can win, but I don't think you do."
Zechariah clears his throat and holds back tears, his wings and eyes glowing brighter and taking on a hint of amethyst color.
"I have to win. Not for myself, but for those who I promised a better future than this, and to make sure Artemis doesn't hurt anyone else. With or without your help."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 21, 2014, 11:54:54 pm »

"Interesting. Any advice on how I could do the same?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 22, 2014, 05:29:00 am »

"Well, this is a pretty disappointing bit of tech. Oh well."

Inspect Escape Vehicle.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1135 on: January 22, 2014, 10:58:48 am »

Quote from: Fniff: autoaction
Follow along.
"Well, here goes..."
Move the device to the central point of the pulses, the "heart" of the ship, and see if it reconfigures itself into something useable.
"Pleasedonthurtmepleasedonthurtmepleasedonthurtmepleasedonthurtme"
You start walking towards the heart, the sound of your footsteps accompanied by the creaking of the ship's restraints and the whispers of the people tied in the metal beds around you. Their eyes are closed, but some of them scream at you and bang at their restraints trying to get to you. The rest remain calm, like they're sleeping or in a coma, constantly whispering. Tiny tendrils of flesh have grown from the ship and have begun to wrap around some of them.

As you get closer to the heart you notice that the flesh around you is very slowly growing and pushing against the metal restraints, trying to get out.

At last you reach the heart. You can not only see but also hear the pulses of light coming from it, you can feel the vibrations in your stomach, like the sound of a human heart played by a giant subwoofer. The flesh ripples around you in tune with the pulses, making furhter noise as it pushes against the metal restraints.

The Device begins vibrating slowly and seams begin appearing in the dark metal. Its metal deforms, forming legs that aim it towards the heart. A spike comes out from the seam in its front, pointing towards the mass of pulsating pale flesh.
"Well, this is a pretty disappointing bit of tech. Oh well."

Inspect Escape Vehicle.
You leave the hovercraft be, disappointed in it for some reason. You make a mental note to tell the scientists to pimp it out a bit the next time you see any. Make it have all those whirly glowing sciency thingies. Or at least some neon lights, gold rims and an MP3 player.

The escape vehicle is a rocket on the other side of the ship, so let's just say you move with Irene towards the center of the ship and see what she sees. If you wanna keep on going, just say so.

As you get closer to the heart and the people restrained around it, you can hear their whispers more clearly. Some of them sound like they're talking to each other, reciting conversations in many languages. Others are talking with a monotone voice, listing things and their status. A few are saying disconnected words, nonsensical things or are growling. And then there are the ones that are screaming at you and ineffectually trying to grab you. What a fun bunch, eh?

Well fine I don't need you anyway!

Grow legs of my own and make like the headcrab - jump at the Orc's face!
You grow incredibly tiny tentacles that allow you to move your head a bit. The orc laughs for a while but then your squid-mobile grabs it with one of its tendrils and eats it. The bad news is that it also took your body along with the orc.

"Interesting. Any advice on how I could do the same?"
"Well, there isn't much need for human gods in the market right now, plus with the entropy crisis in full swing many gods are loosing their jobs. The future is kind of uncertain. But, I do know a guy in human resources that could get you a job as a minor supporting deity for two thousand energy units."
"Why-"
"Ssshhh. Experiment."

Zechariah paused for an unsettling amount of time, murmuring silently to himself and searching the ground with his eyes. He crossed his arms and looked up to the ceiling of the cavern once agian.
"I acted like I did back there, because I saw myself inside the face of that woman. I saw Artemis, the demon he was, taunting me again. He's the one who made me lose my mind, and he's part of the reason why I have this power. He was the parasite attached to me, using me for his own wishes and manipulating me to be a force untold under his command. My super-ego told me that Artemis was completely insane, but my id told me that I wanted this power, that I needed this. That's why I didn't want to kill her, not because of some stupid love or protection of innocence. It was because I saw my own pain within that image, and I didn't want anyone to experience what I had experienced."

Zechariah sighs and attempts to recover from the flood of stress and complication that he experiences on a daily basis.
"I'm going to ask this again: why didn't you pick someone like Jordan? He's a star character under your checklist. He's been pitch-perfect this whole mission, completing objectives, dispatching guards, and avoiding traps like some protagonist from an action movie. Heck, he's still on a roll right now. He's much more sensible than I am. Wouldn't you prefer someone who is much more stable and direct, as opposed to someone with complex, cataclysmic potential? Or even Irine, she has powers rivaling you entities, coupled with a penchant for seeking information and finding truth." Zechariah sits back on the edge of the bed and puts his head in his hands.
"I... I honestly don't see why you'd pick someone like me. Doesn't matter what potential you say I have, it's not useful at all if I can't keep calm long enough to utilize it well. I bet Alan could do better than I can." He sits like this for a small while, before looking up again. "I have already butchered the first mission, and I'm probably gonna end up falling amazingly behind the others, who will promptly slaughter me the first chance they get. What do I have that they don't? Some fairy wings, glowing eyes, and a piece of wood?
"...
If you still have some ludicrous idea that I can still make it, fine. Because I do want to help others, and if I get that chance, I won't hesitate to take it. But I've already failed this mission, so how will I get this supposed power you're talking about? Because frankly, Jordan is topping the leader-board right now, and I'm sure that he won't blink at the opportunity to blow what's left of my brains out. And I'm sure you don't believe in the power of will like I do. I believe I can win, but I don't think you do."
Zechariah clears his throat and holds back tears, his wings and eyes glowing brighter and taking on a hint of amethyst color.
"I have to win. Not for myself, but for those who I promised a better future than this, and to make sure Artemis doesn't hurt anyone else. With or without your help."
"Why do I always get the broken ones?..." Scion whispers the rhetorical question.

"I chose you because I knew you were the right one, I felt it, my magic told me so. You were compatible. Once that was determined, there was no other choice. I do not look only for strength and efficiency. I look for something more."

"You shouldn't worry too much for my sake. I have worked with others. I am strong and adaptable, as I should be. I will work with you and perfect you.
As for the current challenge, you are in luck. You will be rewarded despite your inefficiency. Your team is almost victorious. Let us hope you can use the power you gain to improve yourself and avoid such failures in the future."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 22, 2014, 11:09:11 am »

Practice!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 22, 2014, 11:09:59 am »

"What's an energy unit and how do I get them?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 22, 2014, 12:17:54 pm »

Hngggggg

Grow another body starfish style!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 22, 2014, 12:19:32 pm »

Zechariah pauses for a few moments to recollect his thoughts. He sighs out deeply and rubs his eyes with his free arm.
"You get the broken ones because you know how to fix them. Okay, I will do whatever is in my power to keep in control of myself. But you must understand that I one side of multiple facets.

...can you at least tell me a little about yourself? At least, I want to have an idea of who I will be working with right now..."
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 521