Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125969 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Ghost
« Reply #1050 on: January 14, 2014, 11:57:52 am »

Zechariah resists the urge to shake his head, as it might be a provoking action against the humanoid.
Interface, Jordan & Irine: <Sorry, interface conversation. Ask Jordan, I'm working with the humanoid at this moment.>

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 14, 2014, 12:01:07 pm »

(The downside of telepathy is that it makes you look like you're staring at someone. Possibly romantically.)
Jordan sighs and looks at her. "I'm not giving you my gun, sorry but I need it!"
Zech: <"We're in a Soviet facility, in a world where the Soviets are taking over the world, and where they own every piece of superscience, and you're telling me we've found the one special project who doesn't have the hammer and sickle tattooed on it's soul?">

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 14, 2014, 12:14:12 pm »

Once again, Zechariah resists the urge to change his facial expression. This time, a smile.
Interface, Jordan: <Yes.>

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 14, 2014, 12:59:31 pm »

Zech: <"So, assuming you talk to it and it seems to be nice, what are you going to do?>

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 14, 2014, 01:20:31 pm »

Interface, Jordan: <We'll see.>

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 14, 2014, 01:34:18 pm »

Zech: <"Right. Do what you wish, but understand that as soon as this thing makes me strikes me as threatening, you will not stop me from killing it.">
Keep gun pointed at the humanoid's head.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 14, 2014, 04:18:31 pm »

((This will end in blood, sweat, and tears. Mostly blood.))

Give myself movement-based powers, then use them to descend the slope and go over to the shadow guy. Greet him.
"Hi! I'm Angel. What's your name?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1057 on: January 15, 2014, 05:24:05 am »

((Sorry if I made any mistakes, writing in a hurry.))

This probably wont end well. I applaud his bravery in being willing to try, but this isn't the time for negotiations. Not after it has already started trying to stab people.
Through interface, to D: <Why can't that thing touch the Device?>
Dash across the bridge and hide behind Jordan.
"Do you have a spare weapon I could use now that I have hands? I don't like being helpless like this."
You hide behind Jordan. You kinda look like a movie poster, the action girl and the man with the gun.
Assume that someone else told you the entity's answer was "For the same reason she is having trouble with the darkness. Interference. An obstacle on another level. Unintended sideffect of the way the Device's power storage unit works."

Zechariah finally was face to face with the white humanoid, and it was invigorating. Zechariah felt like he was staring into his own soul, a mirror of his actions and his feelings. Mainly, the feeling of despair was prevalent here.

Zechariah loosened his grip ever so slightly on the shadows, but not enough to release the creature - this was in part to save some energy, but also to attempt another strategy. Zechariah lowered his staff a bit and relaxed his posture, putting up one of his hands cautiously. He softened his gaze so as not to provoke the humanoid. In as soft a voice as possible, he began talking to the humanoid.

"I don't want to hurt you, okay? I just want to calm us down. Do you speak? What's your name?" Zechariah gave a small but weary smile.

Interface, Ike: <Not yet. Give me some time.>
The pale flesh recedes from the lower part of the thing's head, revealing a human mouth below. She speaks, two tones alternating as she does so, one calm, the other pained.
"You are speaking to the Core of the Colony Ship 'The Ambassador of Change'. I am the Caretaker of this world. You are an Infection. Please, get it off me! I don't want to die, I- You threaten the Plan. You will be Sterilized. I'm speaking to the ones watching this. I have completed my Task. Infestation has reached optimal levels. Backup Control Unit operational. Chain Reaction Primed. The Amethyst Keystone is ready to be Utilized."
The pale flesh keeps receding, revealing much of the woman's face and parts of her legs and arms. They look famished and bleeding in places.
"Please. I've been down here for so long, you've got to hel- I did that, as ordered. I want to continue existing. As ordered. I obey. I will Fight. I will Sterilize."

Zech: <"Right. Do what you wish, but understand that as soon as this thing makes me strikes me as threatening, you will not stop me from killing it.">
Keep gun pointed at the humanoid's head.
You keep watch as the thing speaks.
"Oh, come on, everyone who's ever seen a movie knows where this is going. I feel sorry for the ship too, but there's not much you can do now. Just shoot the damn thing."

Interface, Ike: <Not yet. Give me some time.>
Give them some time. Reactor ain't going anywhere, is it?
Technically, the reactor can go somewhere, since you can see some tracks on its support pillar that could allow it to move upwards or downwards a bit. But that's not concerning, right?

Ah, food for my squid steed. Devour them, Rhymerer!

Imperiously command Rhymerer to eat the debris crabs.
Your squid-jellyfish starts grabbing crabs with its tentacles and consuming them with its various mouths. Some of the debris crabs land on your ride and start attacking it and you. I guess it's time for... CRAB BATTLE!

((Cue the reactor going somewhere.))
Bryan breathed in the mountain air, it was good to see mountains again.  They still held a wonder for him even though he was thirteen years older then when he first saw one.  he then continued the conversation, "A pleasure to meet you, Victor.  I assume that we all have powers as well.  Perhaps that is why we were chosen."
"What do you mean? I have nothing. That's what I've been trying to explain to the shadow. I'm not who he thinks I am. I'm not special or anything! I'm a medic, nothing more."
John regards the table.  Could that be used?

Study the table.  See if it could be used to assist construction- let's start with something moderately simple like a radio.
You start by creating the design of an old radio. Vacuum tubes, wires, knobs, buttons, speakers, a microphone and a small mechanical display for the frequency. Once the design is finished, you explode it, putting each individual component in front of you. It's much easier now. You can see everything, you can see how it is connected, there is little to imagine. With a small, almost involuntary application of your power, the components manifest and assemble themselves in under a second, giving you a working radio transmitter and receiver.
((Basically a big dynamic bonus in game terms.))

((This will end in blood, sweat, and tears. Mostly blood.))

Give myself movement-based powers, then use them to descend the slope and go over to the shadow guy. Greet him.
"Hi! I'm Angel. What's your name?"
You gain the power to perfectly imagine you're levitating. You gain the power to make you and objects touching your skin and hair waterproof. Eh, close enough.
You approach the shadow-man and ask your question. The shadow looks at you.
"I have many names or rather titles. Call me Alpha, for I was the first and I am still the first among equals. Call me Architect, for I designed this. Call me God or King, since I'm the most powerful. Call me the Devil, like my enemies. Call me Charlie Victor, for I always win. Liberator, Destroyer, Guardian, Enslaver, Creator, Discoverer, the Dark... Most titles you can think of, even more if we count words you wouldn't know. Even the first name given to me was a title. It was a religious concept from a non-Earth world, there's no translation in English I can think of. A word meaning something Lost and yet also Unknown."
"I think you should probably not be showing off to the little girl."
"I'm not showing off. I'm explaining. Experimenting. So, 'Angel', what name are you going to choose for me?"
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:01:42 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 15, 2014, 06:00:03 am »

look around for a weapon
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:20:44 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 15, 2014, 09:03:59 am »

To teammates: <I'm hearing voices and no gunshots, guys! What're you doing down there? Not messing around, I hope.>

Wait for five more minutes at most, and stop waiting if there's a confirmed kill of the ghost. Just wait. The plot thickens!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 01:54:03 pm by Harry Baldman »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 15, 2014, 09:36:04 am »

"Yeah, sorry miss." Jordan cocks his gun. "Looks like I'm going to have to pull an old yeller on you. Nothing personal."
Don't shoot it in the head.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:30:15 pm by Fniff »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1061 on: January 15, 2014, 10:00:05 am »

((Updated the post with the not-on-mission actions.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 15, 2014, 11:30:52 am »

Zechariah tightened the grip on his staff.
Amethyst Keystone. Artemis, do you have anything to do with this?

Don't be silly, I am merely a construct of your subconscious. The real Artemis is probably destroying some other universe, but I don't believe he would be smart enough to consider interdimensional shenanigans.

As Zechariah shared his message with his mind, he heard Jordan talk.
Interface, Jordan: <You won't dare fire a shot until I say so. At all.>
Zechariah focuses again on the woman. "Just hold on. I want you to keep fighting that monster, and I'll help. You'll get out of this."

Dammit, I will help her get out of this, even if it costs my own life.
Use the shadows to help pull this killer monster off of the woman!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 02:30:56 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 15, 2014, 11:42:50 am »

<"Sure."> lied Jordan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 15, 2014, 11:46:07 am »

Summon twin plungerswords and head into battle!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 521