Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125990 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Ghost
« Reply #1035 on: January 13, 2014, 03:14:29 pm »

Attempt to watch the mission.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 13, 2014, 05:07:22 pm »

Bryan nods in understanding towards the architect fellow.  He then turns to address the man in white.  "I think I have a basic idea of what's going on.  I think we are representing people in some sort of competition, though I am not quite sure why.  My name is Bryan by the way."
Try to turn the magma pool into a small waterfall on a mountainside.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1037 on: January 13, 2014, 11:35:55 pm »

Jordan looked at Ike trying to short out the wires. "You know, maybe we should try disabling the power instead of just going for the electrics themselves. The electrics are too risky, and they can't have all the controls be based in here. They have to have a special emergency button somewhere."

"Considering that shorting all this crap out could very well kill everyone here, I'm tending toward agreeing with you. I mean, we could get the Unluckiest Man In The World (or Second-Unluckiest, maybe) to try and take this all out, but I bet it'd just end up biting us in the ass somehow. So... power disabling it is!"

Look for a way to cut power to the control area. If I happen to find it, don't cut the power yet!
I'm assuming you mean cut the power to the reactor, right? Well, let's see...
You find some wires that connect to a pair of servomotors near the reactor that will physically disconnect the power cables coming from it. Exactly what you needed and with zero explosions. Everything is coming up Ike!

Losing blood fast. Then again, so is this humanoid thing.

...I don't want either of us to die just yet.

Keep sneaking and try to use the shadows to restrain this humanoid thing. Don't harm it if possible.
stand still in silence and wait, making no noise to draw its attention or startle it. If it turns towards me then back away slowly. If it advances on me then back away rapidly. If it is about to jump me literally then switch back to full-fox mode and let the flames from the conversion engulf my attacker.
Same action as last time
Irene watches as Zechariah leaves cover and raises his staff, ironically mirroring the Ghost as it raises its arm to strike the floor again.
Shadows move towards the creature, while it remains oblivious to them. The shadows twist around it and grab it by its arms and legs, binding it to the railing. The creature struggles for a while and tries to break free or disappear but it is unable to do so. Looks like blood loss has affected it too.
Zechariah doesn't feel that good. If he hadn't taken the time to prepare, he's certain he would have failed.
The creature turns its head to look at Zechariah, even though it has no eyes with which to do so.

God, Jordan thought, she is not an experienced groveler. He decided to play it cool.

To Irene: "Yeah, I think Ike can handle shutting the switch off, I'll get right on that."
Head down as quietly as possible, sneak up on the humanoid shape. If it makes any moves toward Jordan or Zech, activate adrenaline and shoot it in the head. Follow Jordan's Number One Rule When Fighting Fast Moving Bastards: Shoot where it's going, not where it is.
You reach Zechariah just as he imprisons the white thing in thick shadows.

((And because you don't kill it, it kills you. The end.))

"Okay." Angel glumly heads for the Staging Area.
You slide down to the Staging Area. There's a man in a suit and a man in a white leather jacket talking to each other. There's also that shadow-guy standing on a rock near the waterfall. Wait a minute, "waterfall"?

Fly around erratically
You shout Fly around erratically. You don't actually fly around erratically. You just shout it.
Your call summons forth debris crab that spawn from the junk asteroids. They're all staring at you as you pass between them with eyes made of wire and plastic.

Attempt to watch the mission.
After messing with the table-computer for a while, you manage to figure out how to view the ongoing mission. Looks like they captured a white humanoid.
By the looks of it, the table has the capability to project 3d designs and its main purpose is to be used to develop new designs for equipment, like a future-tech CAD.

Bryan nods in understanding towards the architect fellow.  He then turns to address the man in white.  "I think I have a basic idea of what's going on.  I think we are representing people in some sort of competition, though I am not quite sure why.  My name is Bryan by the way."
Try to turn the magma pool into a small waterfall on a mountainside.
"Yeah, figured that out myself. That guy" he points at the shadow-man "hasn't shut up about all that crap about the Games and the ultimate power since I woke up. Oh, and the name is Victor. Nice to meet you, Bryan Bytheway." he says with a small wave and a chuckle.
You basically turn the area to this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The steep mountain walls surround this place and the river continues to another waterfall, making this area completely cut off unless someone decides to jump.
Victor seems uninterested in this, looking down on the ground.
The shadow-man raises a small rock near the middle of the river, so that the waterfall and its mist is positioned right behind him (a trick to make him look more important, no doubt).
The portals, including the door to your room are now positioned inside various small caves or alcoves in the mountain wall.
A little girl with auburn hair comes out from one of them.

Peregrine
!!!
Not aggressive. Clever. Analyzing my response? Mhhr..doesn't seem to check my spear. Mmm.

"Mm..yessir. I don't-"
guess it won't hurt to tell a stranger. But all those stories...
"-well, I mean I'm not /actually/ lost. I just don't know where I am. Do you know where's the nearest village?"

Speak? Yeah, speak. :P
((Telepathic wolf! :D Awesome!))
Ignoring the teachings of Little red riding hood, you speak to the big bad black wolf.
"Oh, but I think you are lost. Lost for some time now. Maybe you've forgotten about it or maybe you haven't even realized it, but that doesn't make it untrue."
He stops and stares at you for a couple of seconds longer before turning around and pointing with his paw somewhere towards the east.
"The nearest village is somewhere around there. Away. Too far away. And it's going to get dark soon. Reaching it in the darkness and without what you need would be hard, even for someone like you."
He starts slowly walking towards the cave, lazily wagging his tail.
"But I like you. You made a good impression ever since I noticed you. The way you reacted. You didn't give into your fear. You were polite. You can stay with me and the others until you can find your way."
He stops and turns his head back to look at you.
"Besides, you wouldn't want to stay alone out in the forest at night.  I heard there are wolves lurking about." he says with a small laugh before continuing towards the cave.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 06:03:49 am by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 14, 2014, 01:31:19 am »

Ah, food for my squid steed. Devour them, Rhymerer!

Imperiously command Rhymerer to eat the debris crabs.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 14, 2014, 01:55:15 am »

To team via interface: <Found the way to cut the power without things blowing up! You done with the ghost yet?>

Wait a bit, then disconnect the power cables coming from the reactor.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 14, 2014, 02:02:51 am »

Zechariah finally was face to face with the white humanoid, and it was invigorating. Zechariah felt like he was staring into his own soul, a mirror of his actions and his feelings. Mainly, the feeling of despair was prevalent here.

Zechariah loosened his grip ever so slightly on the shadows, but not enough to release the creature - this was in part to save some energy, but also to attempt another strategy. Zechariah lowered his staff a bit and relaxed his posture, putting up one of his hands cautiously. He softened his gaze so as not to provoke the humanoid. In as soft a voice as possible, he began talking to the humanoid.

"I don't want to hurt you, okay? I just want to calm us down. Do you speak? What's your name?" Zechariah gave a small but weary smile.

Interface, Ike: <Not yet. Give me some time.>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 14, 2014, 02:15:51 am »

This probably wont end well. I applaud his bravery in being willing to try, but this isn't the time for negotiations. Not after it has already started trying to stab people.
Through interface, to D: <Why can't that thing touch the Device?>
Dash across the bridge and hide behind Jordan.
"Do you have a spare weapon I could use now that I have hands? I don't like being helpless like this."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 14, 2014, 05:48:42 am »

Interface, Ike: <Not yet. Give me some time.>

Give them some time. Reactor ain't going anywhere, is it?

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 14, 2014, 08:38:33 am »

((Cue the reactor going somewhere.))
Bryan breathed in the mountain air, it was good to see mountains again.  They still held a wonder for him even though he was thirteen years older then when he first saw one.  he then continued the conversation, "A pleasure to meet yoy, Victor.  I assume that we all have powers as well.  Perhaps that is why we were chosen."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 14, 2014, 10:52:14 am »

John regards the table.  Could that be used?

Study the table.  See if it could be used to assist construction- let's start with something moderately simple like a radio.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 14, 2014, 11:31:18 am »

Zech: <"What are you doing?">

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 14, 2014, 11:42:07 am »

Interface, Jordan: <I think he's just startled. I want to see what he thinks, if he indeed can communicate with us.>

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 14, 2014, 11:46:08 am »

Zech: <"What? No. It can't think. It's an ethereal Soviet killing machine. We'd be lucky if it's mind was a constant loop of 'I love Stalin, he is so good'. Just keep it captive, let's wrap this up and move on.">

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 14, 2014, 11:49:57 am »

Interface, Jordan: <What? No, we don't even know if this humanoid is Soviet! Just give it some time.>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 14, 2014, 11:53:03 am »

"Do you have a spare weapon I could use now that I have hands? I don't like being helpless like this."
Look from one silent figure to another
Annnd they're just standing there?
"Um... Are you ok?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 521