Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127151 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Xantalos' curse
« Reply #900 on: December 30, 2013, 06:34:41 pm »

To Irene: "Support coming in hot here, need any help?"

Cautiously follow Irene.
((?? You're physically talking and are only about halfway to the hallway Irine is leaving in the opposite direction from you. I don't think I can hear you.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: December 30, 2013, 06:55:17 pm »

Cautiously follow Irene.
((?? You're physically talking and are only about halfway to the hallway Irine is leaving in the opposite direction from you. I don't think I can hear you.))

((Didn't we have an interface or something? We can communicate remotely, yes?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: December 30, 2013, 07:10:23 pm »

((Waitwaitwait - what are these entity things?
Alan's been so incompetent he never actually noticed them and I don't actually know what they are as a consequence.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 30, 2013, 08:45:49 pm »

Cautiously follow Irene.
((And that's represented with <>.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #904 on: December 30, 2013, 09:00:26 pm »

Cautiously follow Irene.
((And that's represented with <>.))
((Well, you started using that yourselves. You can't blame him for not using it.
Although I find the <> thing helpful.

Turn is written, just waiting for Fniff.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 30, 2013, 09:03:45 pm »

Cautiously follow Irene.

((Fair enough, it's just a little confusing telling what is spoken and what is telepathy if you aren't specifically noteing which is which, hence why I have been replacing "" with <> for telepathic messages))
Through interface, to Ike: <Could you check out the rubble in the elevator hallway? We don't want our pursuers breaking through before we get down another floor.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 31, 2013, 08:41:04 am »

((Ah, I see. I wasn't really paying that much attention to your interpersonal communiques, given that I wasn't part of them, so that quirk slipped by me. I know what it means now, though.))

To Irene: <Sure thing!>

Check out the rubble in the elevator hallway stealthily. How rubbly does it look? Rubbly enough to withstand many assaults?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 01, 2014, 04:19:52 pm »

Push John in the direction of safety, then continue on my way.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Live together, die together
« Reply #908 on: January 01, 2014, 09:31:28 pm »

((Paranoid. I've been assuming they continued to send additional forces down the elevator shaft both during my attack and in the aftermath of it, and that I was going to need to continuously attack the area every single turn until the ceiling came down.))
Through Interface, to D: <What's happening in the elevator shaft, and how did they mangle my flamewall?>
To Zech: <Good work, lets go.>
Run to the aid of John and Alan, Bring a set of five flame orbs with me, standard rotating pattern.
The entity replies to Zech's earpiece: "How should I know what's going on in the shaft? Tell Fluffy Inferno I have no working cameras in the elevator shaft and I can only see an extension of what you see through supernatural means for convenience's sake.
As for her wall, the ceiling collapsed. Flame was crushed by rocks, hit by a shock-wave, pelted by dust and debris. Where's the snag?"

Follow Irine at a safe distance. Watch our backs and keep my staff ready.
You start running towards the John in the Biolabs.
You make it past the elevator and decontamination.
You're at the security office when you see Jordan coming from the opposite direction.

Push John in the direction of safety, then continue on my way.
You take the vial from John, give him a nice shove and start running back towards the elevator.

You make it to the security room, just as Irene and Zechariah are entering it from the other side.
Pain... ugh... can't concen...trate...

He coughs. "Got it... help..."

Summon up a trauma kit.  Hope it has a unit of blood in there, O neg.
You are very rudely shoved forward by Jordan after he takes the vial from you and leaves you behind.
You use whatever strength and concentration you have left to try and summon something that can help you.
[Power->1-1(blood loss and pain)
Or not.
[Endurance->1
Uh oh.
You feel like your blood is boiling, like you're pierced with a thousand white hot needless. Suddenly, there's a sharp pain near your chest and then only nothingness.
Desynchronized, attempting to reconnect...

((Ahahaha wow. How many 1s have I even rolled through this mission? Let alone the whole game.))

Wake up. Scramble away from evil pancake flesh.
Your ribs are through your lungs. I've heard about miraculous recoveries, but I don't think this is gonna be one of those times.
Besides, you already dodged death once this mission. There's always the next one.
Desynchronized, attempting to reconnect...

Cautiously follow Irene.
Quote from: scapheap: autoaction
Follow BigEars.
You make it to the hallway Irene was in. It's filled with dust and smoke. You can go call the other elevator so we can get off this infernal level or you can go follow Irene. Or you can go looking around hoping you find something useful. What do you do?
To Irene: <Sure thing!>

Check out the rubble in the elevator hallway stealthily. How rubbly does it look? Rubbly enough to withstand many assaults?
The dust and smoke is still settling and some of the boxes are still burning, so it's a bit hard to judge the state of the rubble by conventional means. Your sensitive nose isn't very happy about all those contaminants. Luckily, you have your ears.
From passive sensing you get the sound of clogged vents straining to process the foul air and broken fire extinguishing pipes releasing their pressurized contents in the rubble. You think you hear something in or behind the rubble but that might just be the rubble settling.
From active sensing, you get the image of a good wall of rubble. You're no engineer, but you guess it's rubbly enough to hold long enough for you to do your business.
You think you can sense a small gap near the top of the rubble that could lead to the other side. Or it could just be a really deep hole. Either way, nothing larger than a child or dog could squeeze through there, so it's probably nothing to worry about. Might provide a point of easier entry for the soldiers later though, if they find it and manage to widen it without causing further collapses or resettling of the rubble.

Bryan sits up in the bed, looking around the room.  "What happened?  I was fighting, it was going poorly, and then black.  This seems far too nice for a cell.  Did someone find me and take me in?"
He looks at the ceiling.  "Hmm, looks like a chess board.  I like chess.  Only problem is when people apply it to real life and use regular people as pawns."
He contemplates the piano music.  "Nice music, I've never heard of a prison that is nice looking and has piano music.  Hope whoever is playing it is a friend."
Look around the room.  Try to use telepathy to find the mind of the piano player.
The room you're in is very lavish and yet very cold (both literally and figuratively).
You're in a bed, under thick blankets.
The room is illuminated with cold bright light from lamps in the walls and a chandelier in the ceiling. The light coming from all directions makes the objects in the room look like they have no shadow.
The room looks empty. There's only a chair, a closet, a chest of drawers with a mirror mounted on it, a nightstand and a window hidden behind black and white drapes.
There are two double doors leading out of this room, one on your left and one on your right.
Everything in this room is colored black or white, except for the frame of the wooden bed you're on, which retains its natural brown. Not very kind to the eye.
((Yay for overcomplicated descriptions that are unlikely to be useful to anybody!))
The music comes from behind the double doors on your right. You cast your thoughts outwards, towards the doors, trying to locate the piano player. You think you can touch another mind in there.

"Um...what kind of game?"

If it sounds fun, play. If not, or if he doesn't have any ideas, watch.
((GWG, I've been meaning to ask you, is there any reason you don't close your bbcode tags? I don't mind, I'm just curious.))
And it's not like I close them every time I quote you like I have an OCD or something. Nope. No sir, not at all.
"Oh, I don't know. What do you usually play?
I can start a boardgame. Know any good ones? Or I can start a combat simulation, those are fun, if a bit- Oh, I know, I can make a few spaceships and we can slingshot around a binary^2 star system. We'll get some solar sails and everything. And then we can go meet some space pirate robots! I've got it all in simulation 1037419."

So any of the above sounds fun? Or do you want to watch as Alan gets consumed by a flesh forest and John slowly bleeds to death gets killed by his power misfiring?

Everyone alive in the mission
"Player 5 desynchronized. Player 8 desynchronized."
"Goodbye you poor crazy unlucky bastards. You were fun guys, a good pair."
"Paired even in death, it seems, he he he..."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 09:34:27 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 01, 2014, 09:35:11 pm »

<AAHWHOJUSTTALKED>

Vomit panicked gibberish over everyone's minds.
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #910 on: January 01, 2014, 09:46:22 pm »

<AAHWHOJUSTTALKED>

Vomit panicked gibberish over everyone's minds.
You invent telepathic postmortem spam. Your teammates will surely appreciate that.
Telepathic identification already provided. Refine query.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 01, 2014, 09:47:14 pm »

<...WHO YOU>
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #912 on: January 01, 2014, 10:02:29 pm »

<...WHO YOU>
... Please stand by ...
Is this a request for a means of verbal identification for this unit?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 01, 2014, 10:03:59 pm »

<YEAH SURE>
Sig! Onol

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 01, 2014, 10:56:39 pm »

"Dammit!" Zechariah slams his fist on the side of the wall. He breathes in and out heavily. Two more of their group have now lost the first match. If he had been more decisive in his movements, he might have been able to do something about it.

Interface, Irine: <Drake says that he has no visual on the elevator, and that the firewall was extinguished by the collapsing of the ceiling.>

Interface, Drake: <Any remaining objectives we need to finish before we get out of here?>
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 521