Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126938 times)

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Live together, die together
« Reply #915 on: January 01, 2014, 11:38:52 pm »

"Hmm, so many things to check.  Also good to know that there is someone playing a piano, not just a recording."
Get out of the bed, check inside all the things (nightstand, closet etc.) that might have objects in them, then look out the window.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 02, 2014, 01:20:17 am »

<<Ugh... hello?>>
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 02, 2014, 01:22:12 am »

<OH HEY
THAT GUY
HEY GUY>
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 02, 2014, 04:30:33 am »

To Irene through interface: <Foxy Lady, this is Big-Ears, the rubble looks good aside from a small gap - could make for a good entry point for various no-good varmints, if they were either using explosives or the size of children. In any case, I'm going to try and catch up with you right now.>

Catch up with Irene and the gang.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:35:20 am by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 02, 2014, 04:33:14 am »

"Dammit!" Zechariah slams his fist on the side of the wall. He breathes in and out heavily. Two more of their group have now lost the first match. If he had been more decisive in his movements, he might have been able to do something about it.
To Zech: <Calm yourself. Forge your anger and frustration into a lethal blade, silent and efficient. Your pain is your weapon, wield it. Don't let it wield you.>
To Jordan: <Do you have the objective?>
Move with Jordan.
Through interface, to Big-Ears: <Don't bother, We're going to be coming to you soon. Could you please call the elevator to save time?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 02, 2014, 04:35:04 am »

Through interface, to Big-Ears: <Don't bother, We're going to be coming to you soon. Could you please call the elevator to save time?>

To Irene, through interface: <Sure, that works.>

Call the elevator. Don't actually try to catch up with Irene. Watch out for interlopers.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 03, 2014, 12:02:51 am »

((Why don't I close bbcode? Eh. Partly it's from a game I was in where every fraction of a second counted due to truly absurd numbers of ninja, partly it's a personal flair, partly it's a bit quicker/easier.))

Angel sighs. "No, none of that sounds like a lot of fun right now actually...maybe I should just watch the others. See how they're doing."
See the mission. Figure out what all happened since I died.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 03, 2014, 07:34:13 am »

"Yeah, got the objective. Let's get out of here." Jordan adjusted his collar, then took out his gun.
Proceed with caution.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #923 on: January 04, 2014, 03:58:52 pm »

Everybody alive on mission (scapheap, Fniff, Lenglon, Harry Baldman, DAF)
Let's assume you all enter the elevator, and start going down to the next level for brevity's sake. Unless there are any objections or things you want to say or do?
You'll reach the next level next turn, unless there are objections.
"Dammit!" Zechariah slams his fist on the side of the wall. He breathes in and out heavily. Two more of their group have now lost the first match. If he had been more decisive in his movements, he might have been able to do something about it.

Interface, Irine: <Drake says that he has no visual on the elevator, and that the firewall was extinguished by the collapsing of the ceiling.>

Interface, Drake: <Any remaining objectives we need to finish before we get out of here?>
"All clear. You can go down when ready."
To Zech: <Calm yourself. Forge your anger and frustration into a lethal blade, silent and efficient. Your pain is your weapon, wield it. Don't let it wield you.>
To Jordan: <Do you have the objective?>
Move with Jordan.
You move after giving some mildly disturbing words of encouragement.
To Irene, through interface: <Sure, that works.>

Call the elevator. Don't actually try to catch up with Irene. Watch out for interlopers.
You keep an ear and a nose out for enemies. You hear nothing of interest. The elevator arrives quickly and its doors open revealing an elevator platform identical to the first one you used.
"Yeah, got the objective. Let's get out of here." Jordan adjusted his collar, then took out his gun.
Proceed with caution.
You try to look like a badass and enter the elevator. Two slots open on the sides of the device, similar in size to the objects you're carrying.

Toaster & Xantalos
<<Ugh... hello?>>
Acknowledged. RTT: 431 ms
((You two can hear each other and any telepathic communication the others direct at you. The others can also hear you until you return to the Staging Area.))
<...WHO YOU>
... Please stand by ...
Is this a request for a means of verbal identification for this unit?

<YEAH SURE>
((You two can hear each other and any telepathic communication the others direct at you. The others can also hear you until you return to the Staging Area.))
... Please stand by ...
... Please stand by ...
... Please stand by ...

Why don't you just-
Nonononononono.
... Please stand by ...
Wouldn't it be easier to-
Ssshhhhh.
... Please stand by ...
I don't understand why-
Curious.
... Please stand by ...
This unit was formerly designated as "S-Zero".
"S-Zero" is an acceptable means of verbal identification.
Submissions for other means of verbal identification are acceptable for consideration.

THAT'S what took you so long!
The current conversation has not been deemed worthy of greater resource allocation.
...Was that an insult?
Burned! ... I think?

Alarith
"Hmm, so many things to check.  Also good to know that there is someone playing a piano, not just a recording."
Get out of the bed, check inside all the things (nightstand, closet etc.) that might have objects in them, then look out the window.
The nightstand contains sewing supplies, rolls of high quality black and white thread and small unlabeled clear glass vials containing liquids in various states of opaqueness, from clear to something that looks like liquid ice. Hmmmm.....

The drawers and the closet contain clothing, from dresses and suits to underwear. Some of them seem a bit outdated, like stuff European nobles would wear a few hundred years ago. Other than that and the fact that they keep up with the expensive-black-and-white-stuff motif, there's nothing special about it.

Examining the window proves a bit more interesting.
Behind the drapes lies nothing. And when I say nothing, I don't mean "nothing of importance", I mean there's literally nothing you can see. There's so much darkness one would be justified to think that the window has been painted black. The only indication that the window has NOT in fact been painted black are a few motes of dust floating outside that become visible when they reflect the bright light coming from the room.

GWG
((Why don't I close bbcode? Eh. Partly it's from a game I was in where every fraction of a second counted due to truly absurd numbers of ninja, partly it's a personal flair, partly it's a bit quicker/easier.))

Angel sighs. "No, none of that sounds like a lot of fun right now actually...maybe I should just watch the others. See how they're doing."
See the mission. Figure out what all happened since I died.
((Understood.))
"Oh..." the entity sounds sadder for a second. And only for a second, since he returns to his excited happiness a second later. "OK! I guess we'll just watch the others!"
You instinctively grab the remote and start playing with the buttons, trying to see how this watching thing works. You play a bit with the volume controls. Seem fairly standard, you just-
You notice John on the screen. He falls backwards and spasms before his chest and head disappear in an explosion of blood, as various mechanical parts fly out of them like buckshot.
Horrified, you instinctively change the channel.
The screen now displays Irene from behind. Pushing a button labeled perspective allows you to watch Irene from other positions, such as "Through their eyes" and "Cinematic". There are also such useful buttons as "Channel List" (which displays the names of all the players, with those that have died grayed out, as well as various groupings of players), "Audio", "Subtitles", "Teletext" (which displays various bits of information and statistics) and other buttons one would expect to find in a remote.
By flipping through the channels you come to the conclusion that after you died the elevator hallway was somehow collapsed, John and Alan died and everybody else managed to finish this floor's objectives with some injuries to go.
As you continue flipping through the channels, you get to John's and Alan's group channel, where you hear the entities talking to each other. Interestingly, your entity can be heard talking in the television.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:48:12 pm by Parisbre56 »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 04, 2014, 05:51:22 pm »

Proceed with the rest of the group to the exit.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 04, 2014, 05:52:57 pm »

Reach that level, yeah! Reach it like we really mean it!

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 04, 2014, 05:55:09 pm »

"Something is wrong here,"  Bryan thought.  "Still, not much to do but go with it."
Change into the best fitting suit, check what is behind the door the piano music isn't coming from.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 04, 2014, 06:03:54 pm »

<WHAT'S HAPPENING WHY DON'T I HAVE A BODY GODDAMN IT I WAS GROWING MY TOENAILS IN A VERY SPECIFIC MANNER>

Flail around, trying to find the Staging Area thing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 04, 2014, 06:13:30 pm »

Angel sighs. "Great. I bet if I hadn't died, I could have helped them..."

Continue being all sad and depressed. Depressad, which is the most morose portmateau I've ever seen. Also watch the mission and try out the buttons.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 04, 2014, 10:33:53 pm »

With group, with a set of flame orbs, down the elevator.

If Jordan doesn't put the items in the device, remind him to do so through the interface on a team-wide band.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 521