Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58270 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 11) Time to murder a wall
« Reply #210 on: November 20, 2013, 05:25:42 pm »

Take the hinges off the gate.

Finish getting my foot out of the wall. THEN contemplate the possibility of removing the hinges from the gate.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 20, 2013, 05:33:58 pm »

"The gate is ours, as soon you get your foot out of the damn thing, anyway," Merik said, taking a careful step back from the robot. It wasn't anywhere near close to the time when he'd shift, but, being a magical creature, proximity to the mechanical man made his skin itch. "Where the hell are the others?"

Loot: Get one dagger, enough arrows to completely fill my quiver, and one spare bowstring.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:35:31 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 20, 2013, 05:58:27 pm »

[Argh flavor redirection]

Wakey wake up~

You hear Akari faintly groaning. Whether by pain or not, is pretty hard to tell.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 20, 2013, 07:09:14 pm »

Run over to the darkened shapes. Take my minigun. Avoid Akari like The Plague if the Plague also included bloating up into a Hobo Balloon.
Also grab all the guard uniforms and put on all three. LAYERS MAN, LAYERS.
Contemplate possibility of layering bones with uniforms into a makeshift armor suit.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 20, 2013, 08:48:17 pm »

"Well, the others got attacked by a group of five or so skeletons, but I took care of it. When I left, the… what's his name… pentagruel guy was the only one actually awake and unharmed. Two of them were unconscious from some stab wounds, and the healer managed to knock herself out saving their lives. I figured I'd come back here and see what you were up to.

Anyway, as far as the skeletons go, my laser wasn't having any effect, so I had to switch to more… unconventional methods to inflict damage, mainly using the rocket boosters on my feet. It's proven effective, though as you see, missing can be less than desirable.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 20, 2013, 10:57:27 pm »

"Wait, go back, we took half casualties on our first engagement? Against skeletons? Mater de mortua deos," Merik snarled, "what were those idiots doing, veil-dancing*?"

*An erotic dance, done wearing successively less clothing
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 20, 2013, 11:46:11 pm »

"I'm feeling rather decent right about now. How very wonderful."

Steal a bunch of assorted bones. Never know when you need a bone.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 21, 2013, 02:15:23 am »

-Took half casualties on first engagement against skeletons-
((I hope this isn't going on my resume?  :P))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 21, 2013, 02:26:01 am »

((Well, at least you kept them from being completely dead. Your unconsciousness is their, fault not yours... Your resume as a field medic is still decent, even though you did just waste time curing somebody who's just going to make giant evil radiation monsters for us to kill later on. With the reaction Raynen's laser got, I don't even want to know what Joe's kick will do.))

((Just realized that google translate appears to auto-find catalan as the language Merik is speaking, and then utterly fails to translate it. It literally just spits out what you put in, despite there being an actual, surprisingly functional, language option for it. Stupid google.))
---

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 21, 2013, 02:37:17 am »

((Well, at least you kept them from being completely dead. Your unconsciousness is their, fault not yours... Your resume as a field medic is still decent, even though you did just waste time curing somebody who's just going to make giant evil radiation monsters for us to kill later on. With the reaction Raynen's laser got, I don't even want to know what Joe's kick will do.))
((Raynen has the worst luck in the entire group, and he rolled a 1. It normally won't be that bad. (I mean seriously, +3 to all stats from -2 to +1? that's not a minor upgrade)))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 21, 2013, 03:16:35 am »

((I guess I'll plead guilty on that count. Though to be honest, I essentially built Raynen as a glass cannon. He has the same amount of stat points as an all-5's character, he just sacrificed a lot in strength/toughness for extreme speed/agility.

Though now I'm curious, if I were to hand off my laser to someone else with better luck, could they actually kill skeletons with it?))

"Well, I don't think anyone's dead just yet. But you're right, this doesn't bode particularly well. What worries me more is that half my equipment seems to be useless against these undead. Which reminds me, is there another one of those bows nearby?"

Looting: Take a bow/quiver full of arrows from one of the fallen skeletons. Leave the sword behind if I can't really carry it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 21, 2013, 08:01:17 am »

((I think your luck deficit has more to do with having 30 special abilities.
Since I kinda built Joe the same way, he's SUPPOSED to have a high enough speed that he can dodge most stuff.
But yeah I need to get some serious armor FAST.

Also:
"I'm feeling rather decent right about now. How very wonderful."

Steal a bunch of assorted bones. Never know when you need a bone.
HES GETTING A BONE-ER.
BA DUM TISH
WORST PUN EVER IM GONNA DIE NEXT TURN ARENT I?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 21, 2013, 12:14:35 pm »

Still on the ground, Renard shouts out

"Hey, guys, are there any bows left? Also, could someone help me wake our medic up, I'm needing a second opinion on this hole in my chest here"

Don't get up yet, but try to get a feel for how my wounds are. Recieve bow and arrows if possible.

((I'd just get up, but I'm scared that with the amount of detail Lenglon is putting in these wounds that I'll just fuck myself up somehow.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 21, 2013, 12:29:51 pm »

((I'd just get up, but I'm scared that with the amount of detail Lenglon is putting in these wounds that I'll just fuck myself up somehow.))
((Y'know, it's always more fun when you give your own details about it :)
..I still wonder how my second opinion counts. ;D))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 21, 2013, 12:31:33 pm »

((It counts.

And I have an answer to if getting up will hurt you or not, I just don't feel like telling you until you have someone who can actually see what state you're in and understand what they're looking at.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33