Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58266 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 10) where enemies roll nothing but ones
« Reply #195 on: November 19, 2013, 01:16:57 am »

"Hm. Not good, I would say."

Drag Joe back to the rest. Hopefully they haven't been eaten by monsters yet.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 19, 2013, 07:19:56 am »

"I've had better days for sure. I should've listened to that priest, become a clerk for the government. It's also theft, just in broad daylight and institutionalized." The words come out softly, between shallow beaths.

STay down for now, if i'm close to Akari, see if I can prod/shake her awake. Prodding is to be done with fingers only.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 19, 2013, 07:38:14 am »

Dream sweet dreams of booze and whatever that fox thing did. That was REALLY NICE.

((and then Joe becomes addicted to being healed. OOPS.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
A Storm's Coming Turn 11) Time to murder a wall
« Reply #198 on: November 19, 2013, 04:32:43 pm »

Skel spd: 6-1
Raynen spd: 3+3
Merik spd: 3
"So help me, if I find out that whats-his-name has also been knocked unconscious by skeletons, I might just leave the whole group behind and try to complete this mission by myself…", Raynen grumbled, wielding the sword he'd scavenged.

Well, while I'm being fancy anyway…

Rocket kick into the skeleton, decapitate it and rebound off of the corpse in one smooth motion.

((Yes, it's overkill. Considering how nice my rolls have been lately, I feel like trying it regardless. Now watch me crash into the wall or something.))
Raynen agi: 2+2
Raynen luk: ??
Skel str: 3-3
Skel luk: ??
Raynen attempts a flying, rocket-powered kick at the skeleton against the wall. it almost hits, meaning it doesn't. Raynen now has an interesting problem, due to his foot being on the other side of the wall from the rest of him, and it doesn't seem to want to come back. luckilly the skeleton remains completely incompetent with that dagger, attempting to stab Raynen with it, and instead menacing the wall.
   Merik smiled, twisting his scars hideously. It had been a long time since he'd used a bow, it wasn't the weapon of a duelist, but he was warming to it once again. He had fond memories of bows in his distant youth. Still, he'd need more arrows for it to be any use at all.

Run across the top of the gate, quiet but fast. Stay low, stay silent, and grab the felled skeleton's arrows.
Merik agi: 5+2
Tis done, made hardly a noise and you've got yourself a quiver with another 14 bodkin arrows.

Dream sweet dreams of booze and whatever that fox thing did. That was REALLY NICE.

((and then Joe becomes addicted to being healed. OOPS.))
Joe luk: ??
Joe tou: 5-2+1
You're having a great night out, the booze is flowing, the company is friendly, and it's all going well. but then you slip and strike your head against the wall, hard. you see Akari, he face written over with worry, come over to you and gently touch your head, and you feel the same wonderful feeling inside. your headache is completely gone, and you start to stand up, but she holds you down and continues anyway. You feel yourself swelling up under this marvelous glow, and it just keeps going. after a few seconds you look down and you realize the swelling you're feeling is very, very literal. your entire body is swollen stiff, you can see cancerous grows sprouting up all over your flesh. you try to speak, to tell Akari to stop, but your tongue is trapped, swollen and misshapen like the rest of you, and you can't make anything intelligible come out. "Shhhhh, it's all ok." The other patrons are just standing around, pointing and laughing, as you become this grotesque, misshapen mass of flesh. It's hard to breathe, you can even feel your heart working desperately to try to pump blood through all this additional bodymass. Sounds suddenly become muffled, and eventually fade away, as your ears close up and block all sound. your field of vision is dwindling, as your face becomes more and more swollen with the rest of you, until eventually, just before the last point of light fades away, and you are reduced to nothing but an obscene ball of flesh, unable to move or see or hear or even breathe, you wake up, screaming, to the sight of Pantagruel's surprised face.
"Hm. Not good, I would say."

Drag Joe back to the rest. Hopefully they haven't been eaten by monsters yet.
Joe luk: ??
?? : ??
Pantagruel per: ??
Turning around, you drag Joe back the way you came, yet after dragging him for a short while, about when you should have arrived back where you came from, you see the same two dark forms in the road ahead. the one that was moving earlier has moved closer to the still form, and is reaching out to it. Before you can decide what to do about this, Joe wakes up in your arms, screaming.

Quote from: Tiruin
No post but I see no reason to wait for a "wake up" post
Akari Tou: 4-2+1
Nope, you're still out of it.
"I've had better days for sure. I should've listened to that priest, become a clerk for the government. It's also theft, just in broad daylight and institutionalized." The words come out softly, between shallow beaths.

STay down for now, if i'm close to Akari, see if I can prod/shake her awake. Prodding is to be done with fingers only.
glancing about, you see Akari only a short distance away, so you wiggle your way slowly towards her and poke her a couple times to no effect. a moment or two afterwards, you suddenly hear a scream from the road back the direction you came from.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 11) Time to murder a wall
« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2013, 04:43:38 pm »

The sudden noise, something akin to a large metal foot being slammed through wood, made Merik flatten and peek over the edge of the wall. The skeleton he'd switched paces with should still be down there, but surely it couldn't be dangerous...
  Merik looked down. Merik saw the robot attached to the wall, a few feet beside the skeleton that seemed to savaging a wooden wall. The scene didn't make a great deal of sense.
  "Metal man, what are you doing?"
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 19, 2013, 05:18:26 pm »

((I must congratulate Lenglon for turning future potential awkward sexual tension into future potential awkward FRIGHTENED tension :P))

Shake off "Akari's" grasp on me and ready my minigun.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 19, 2013, 08:32:34 pm »

((I must congratulate Lenglon for turning future potential awkward sexual tension into future potential awkward FRIGHTENED tension :P))

((I am not Pantagruel.
Who, I fail to have announced before, keeps on reminding me of a pokemon name. :x
Lenglon: Net troubles here :( Sorry for wait.))

(flavor continuation from the left out flavor before)

Wake up~

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 19, 2013, 08:37:03 pm »

((I am not Pantagruel.))
((The quotation marks around "Akari" here are a signal to me that he is fully aware it isn't Akari who is holding him, but that in his startled state his character thinks it's Akari holding him, as a leftover remminant of the dream. Don't worry about not getting it, it's a really rare use of quotation marks, a variation on using them for sarcastic emphasis, and even as a native speaker it took me a moment to understand what he was saying.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 19, 2013, 08:48:39 pm »

((I am not Pantagruel.))
((The quotation marks around "Akari" here are a signal to me that he is fully aware it isn't Akari who is holding him, but that in his startled state his character thinks it's Akari holding him, as a leftover remminant of the dream. Don't worry about not getting it, it's a really rare use of quotation marks, a variation on using them for sarcastic emphasis, and even as a native speaker it took me a moment to understand what he was saying.))
((..Now that I read what you say, I hit myself on the head :S That use isn't rare given that I've seen it multiple times in common. Or..it's just me?

..I just didn't think of it that way. Thanks Lenglon for explaining. :))))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 20, 2013, 12:02:15 am »

After an awkward pause, Raynen replied, "… let's just call it technical difficulties. Would you mind taking care of the skeleton behind me? I'm somewhat occupied at the moment."

Use UV laser to cut away the appropriate section of wall (around my foot), and remove the foot from said wall. Use sword to defend against skeleton as needed.

(If this doesn't work and the GM judges my character could take it, I might just set the wall on fire.)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:33:44 am by Nicholas1024 »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 20, 2013, 12:23:06 am »

Merik growled. "I see." Amateurs, couldn't bloody tell the difference between a solid wall and a skeletal guard.

Slide the bow over my body, drop carefully from the wall, and execute the remaining skeleton with a broad slash to the back of the spine

((Nicholas, I initially read your action as attempting to cut your own foot off with the laser. I think it still means that, taken literally.)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:34:08 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 20, 2013, 12:26:15 am »

((Nicholas, I initially read your action as attempting to cut your own foot of with the laser. I think it still means that, taken literally.)
Use UV laser to cut away the appropriate section of wall, and remove foot. Use sword to defend against skeleton as needed.

(If this doesn't work and the GM judges my character could take it, I might just set the wall on fire.)
((The OOC also makes sense in Drai's view. :P))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 20, 2013, 01:09:58 am »

"Relax, my homeless compatriot! The skeletons are mostly eliminated now, I presume! "Mostly", as in there are likely to be many more yet to defeat further onward, but still, hopefully we're safe for a moment."

Release Joe.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 20, 2013, 04:30:12 pm »

"Hey, wake up. Wakey wakey."

Prod Akari some more

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 20, 2013, 05:07:34 pm »

"Relax, my homeless compatriot! The skeletons are mostly eliminated now, I presume! "Mostly", as in there are likely to be many more yet to defeat further onward, but still, hopefully we're safe for a moment."

Release Joe.
This happens rather uneventfully, though Joe doesn't appear to have his minigun on him right now. something to do with it being heavy and being left behind beside Akari when you dragged him off.

"Hey, wake up. Wakey wakey."

Prod Akari some more

((I am not Pantagruel.
Who, I fail to have announced before, keeps on reminding me of a pokemon name. :x
Lenglon: Net troubles here :( Sorry for wait.))

(flavor continuation from the left out flavor before)

Wake up~
Akari Tou: 2-2+2
Nope, still out of it.

Merik spd: 4
Raynen spd: 4+3
Skel spd: 1-1
After an awkward pause, Raynen replied, "… let's just call it technical difficulties. Would you mind taking care of the skeleton behind me? I'm somewhat occupied at the moment."

Use UV laser to cut away the appropriate section of wall (around my foot), and remove the foot from said wall. Use sword to defend against skeleton as needed.

Still deciding what to roll for this: 2 + 1
You get to work expanding the hole your foot made in the wall, but progress is slow. it will work given some time, the question is if you have time to work with.
   Merik growled. "I see." Amateurs, couldn't bloody tell the difference between a solid wall and a skeletal guard.

Slide the bow over my body, drop carefully from the wall, and execute the remaining skeleton with a broad slash to the back of the spine

((Nicholas, I initially read your action as attempting to cut your own foot off with the laser. I think it still means that, taken literally.)
Merik agi: 1+2
You stumble on your way down the wall, alerting the skeleton to your presence.
Merik agi: 4+2
Skel str: 5-3
Skel tou: 5-3
however you still manage to weave your rapier around the skeleton's clumsy attempt to parry, and sever a joint in its spine. it falls apart before you.

I'll see about updating people's inventories next turn, if people wants to finalize the looting. there are currently three daggers, two bows, one bow with a broken string, 40 bodkin arrows, and three swords. none of your enemies were carrying money. the weapons are in mediocre condition, they aren't particularly well cared for but haven't rusted or anything like that. if you want ripped up and bloodied guard uniforms, three are available. they're just cheap cloth overshirts though, not armor. oh, and of course there's a decent-sized collection of bones available, and I suppose if you really wanted to you could rip the torch sconces off the gate. or even run off with the gate if you took the time to take the hinges off. however at this point we're quickly entering the region of "Why would I even bother doing that?" but hey, I know how adventurers like to run off with anything that isn't nailed down... and sometimes even stuff that IS nailed down.

oh, and in case it wasn't apparent, Pantagruel was dragging Joe around in circles. the "two dark shapes on the road" are just Renard and Akari.

EDIT: miscounted the arrows by 1, fixed now.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:27:45 pm by Lenglon »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33