Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58306 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
A Storm's Coming Turn 5) The negotiations were short
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2013, 03:23:58 pm »

((Due to Tiruin having major RL issues right now, I'll run the turn without her. Loading...))
((Oh shi- Don't tell me Tir got caught in that giant storm? D:))
storm storm weather error storm disruption net problem failure.

"Look over there, my brothers! Shadows of evil and malevolence harboring doubtlessly nefarious intent! Look, I say! LOOK!"

Wonder what the shadow reminds me of, cautiously advance toward it if it seems immobile. If that is not the case, assume defensive position to the second degree - even more defensive this time!
   "I don't hear or see a damn thing," Merik growled, his voice carrying more in the way of bad temper than disbelief in either the priest or the fat little man. High on the very, very long list of things that Merik disliked were invisible hostile entities. Invisible, hostile, probably undead entities ranked even higher. After all, it was impossible to get the stench out o- Merik grit his teeth and cut the thought off ruthlessly. Not the time. Not even close.
   Merik turned to the fat man. The man who claimed to be a warpriest didn't strike Merik as a warpriest, too much hugging, but he looked to have a fairer chance in a fight than the larded scholar. "What do you see, little man, and where do you see it?"

Take up a position with, and slightly in front of, Pantagruel. Protect the fat man if it becomes necessary.

"On guard everyone. This could just be the mist playing tricks on people, but still… keep your weapons at hand."

Of course, as Raynen's weapons are pretty much always ready whenever he's not repairing them, he settled for keeping a sharp eye out in the directions the two party members had indicated.

Cautiously proceed.
? ?:? ?
Merik per:? ?
After pausing for a moment, the three of you advance towards the shadow, and slowly it comes into clear view.
It's the city gates, large wooden things flanked on either side by a rough ten-foot-tall stone wall that extends in both directions out of your vision in this fog. they are shut, and the torch-sconces on either side of them have been left empty. Merik notices some... motion? it's more of a disturbance in the fog itself rather than anything else. on top of the walls, but yet again, nobody else seems to have noticed anything.
Oh, and your teammates back behind you seem to be upset about something.

(you can reach them and still get half an action in next turn if you want.)
"You guys heard that too, right? It's not just me?"

Grab my kukri, but don't pull it out yet. Be as quiet as possible and try to see what made the noise.

He mumbles under his breath
"Crooked Warden, Nameless one, he who hides us in the darkness. Grant me the good fortunes to see what mortal peril I am in this time. And if you refuse to help me out here, you can go to hell, and I'll just solve this on my own."
Ready Minigun and Reflexes.
Quote from: Tiruin
No post due to RL problems
Renard per: 2-1+2
Joe per: 5-1+1
Akari per:1-1+1
Skel 1(s) per:1-2
Skel 2(s) per:1-2
Skel 3(s) per:4-2
Skel 4(s) per:1-2
Skel 5(b) per:6-1
Skel 5(b) random target: Akari
GM mercy (unable to post) reroll:Renard
Skel 5(b) agi:6-1
Renard tou:1-1
Renard tou:4-1
Out of the mist the three of you see a set of five human-ish shapes advancing towards you, wearing the uniform of the city watch. as they advance towards you, only Joe realizes that their arms are thinner than they should be and their movements slightly limp.(extra action next turn) As he attempts to cry out a warning, the one in the back raises his arms, and an arrow comes flying out and strikes Renard squarely in the chest, embedding itself deeply and knocking him to the ground in shock.(Bleeding out in 3 turns unless given medical aid) Akari and most of the skeletal guardsmen stop in shocked surprise for a moment at the unexpected violence (only half an action next turn), yet one of the four guards as well as Renard himself manage to react promptly, readying their weapons. In the skeleton's case, a simple sword.
Spoiler: Gm note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:09:43 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 5) The negotiaions were short.
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2013, 04:50:42 pm »

"There's something in the mist," Merik growled, glaring up at the gate as though to clear the mist by sheer ill will alone. "Top of the wall, can't see anything for certain. Both of you should get back to the others, see what their trouble is. I can watch this flank."

Wait, watch the mist. Get ready to dodge in the event that an arrow comes down from on high. If anything comes down to my level... impale it with the silver sword.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2013, 05:04:59 pm »

Spoiler: Gm note (click to show/hide)
((I don't know, I must have angered the random number god somehow.))

"Ghah! I've been shot, guys, Like, In the chest. The pain is quite excruciating! Oh god, the blood is ruining my favourite shirt, also I'm bleeding quite profusely. Any of you a doctor?"

((Let me guess, Tir is our healer? Also, Lenglon, am I still on the ground? and what exacly is a half action?))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2013, 07:29:41 pm »

MINIGUNMINIGUNMINIGUNMINIGUN. Also save the last one for kicking.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2013, 07:49:27 pm »

"Understood. I'd have hoped we'd have made it inside the city before the trouble started though...", Raynen sighed. Hearing the commotion and shouts of pain from behind him, Raynen advanced until he could get a clear sight of the skeletons, and aiming his UV rifle.

As tempting as it is to just use a grenade or my cannon, it'd almost certainly inflict some severe friendly fire along with wiping out the enemies. At least this way I can be a touch more accurate.

Ready, Aim, Fire!

((Does anyone in this group actually know anything about playing medic?))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2013, 08:23:18 pm »

To clarify: I'm not in the path of the storm..but the reach of it-even while being on the tips of its touch-is damn deadly.

Reading local news...what happened to those affected was a total catastrophe.

Draignean, I choose you!

To control Akari for the moment and thanks! :D

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2013, 09:46:53 pm »

(Ungh, well I'll try to give you your character back in one piece.)

AKARI grabs Renard and drags him over to the rough location of the others, using a cantrip to misdirect the undead until she can get clear.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2013, 10:42:09 pm »

((Whats this storm I keep hearing about?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2013, 12:49:53 am »

"Oh dear! Look over there! Something's happening with our teammates!"

Drop to all fours and gallop toward our teammates. If I notice the skeletons, gauge their intent. If not very pleasant, ready my trusty cane for some good ol' ultra-violence.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2013, 05:20:41 am »

((Whats this storm I keep hearing about?))
Spoiler: Well... (click to show/hide)

((Let me guess, Tir is our healer? Also, Lenglon, am I still on the ground? and what exacly is a half action?))
((Nyahahaa~ Human anatomy!

Now where are your aural devices? Why are they so...hmm. I'll just..yeah. :3

Read up on RTD lore. Half action = something anyone can do IRL as a brief action like react/attack/manuever. A FULL action can be any complex set of doing such--yet most RTD players (the newbies, especially) just go with attack x and leave the creativity out in the gutter for those who are creative to refurbish and reshape..and weaponize.

So yeah.)

AKARI grabs Renard and drags him over to the rough location of the others, using a cantrip to misdirect the undead until she can get clear.
((I'm thinking dragging takes..too long :P Thanks though-randomly rolled cantrip, ahoy! May it be along the theme of distraction/delay/misdirection or slowing.

I know how Lenglon = creative. :3))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2013, 06:59:40 am »

((Huh, I've never seen that half/whole action thing before. There should really be like an rtd basics faq or something.))

Use my hand to put pressure on the wound. DO NOT pull out the arrow yet.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2013, 02:40:11 pm »

"There's something in the mist," Merik growled, glaring up at the gate as though to clear the mist by sheer ill will alone. "Top of the wall, can't see anything for certain. Both of you should get back to the others, see what their trouble is. I can watch this flank."

Wait, watch the mist. Get ready to dodge in the event that an arrow comes down from on high. If anything comes down to my level... impale it with the silver sword.
Merik per:? ?
Yep, there's definitely someone up there. they don't seem to have spotted you though, or at least aren't reacting to your presence.
MINIGUNMINIGUNMINIGUNMINIGUN. Also save the last one for kicking.
"Understood. I'd have hoped we'd have made it inside the city before the trouble started though...", Raynen sighed. Hearing the commotion and shouts of pain from behind him, Raynen advanced until he could get a clear sight of the skeletons, and aiming his UV rifle.

As tempting as it is to just use a grenade or my cannon, it'd almost certainly inflict some severe friendly fire along with wiping out the enemies. At least this way I can be a touch more accurate.

Ready, Aim, Fire!

((Does anyone in this group actually know anything about playing medic?))
"Oh dear! Look over there! Something's happening with our teammates!"

Drop to all fours and gallop toward our teammates. If I notice the skeletons, gauge their intent. If not very pleasant, ready my trusty cane for some good ol' ultra-violence.

((I'm thinking dragging takes..too long :P Thanks though-randomly rolled cantrip, ahoy! May it be along the theme of distraction/delay/misdirection or slowing.

I know how Lenglon = creative. :3))
((Huh, I've never seen that half/whole action thing before. There should really be like an rtd basics faq or something.))

Use my hand to put pressure on the wound. DO NOT pull out the arrow yet.
Joe spd: auto-success
Joe spd: 4+2
Renard spd: 3
Skel 5(b) spd: 1-1
Skel 3(s) spd: 6-2
Akari spd: 4-2
Raynen spd: 1+3
Pantagruel spd: 3-1
Skel 2(s) spd: 3-2
Skel 1(s) spd: 3-2
Skel 4(s) spd: 5-2
Joe str: 6-2+1
Joe agi: 5
Joe luk: ? ?
Joe luk: ? ?
Skel 3(s) tou: 4-2
Skel 4(s) tou: 2-2
Renard luk/tou: ? ?
skel 5(b) agi: 6-1
Joe spd: 6+2-4
Joe tou: 6-1
Raynen agi: 6+2
Raynen luk: ? ?
Tiruin luk (vague instruction): 4
Akari will: 5
Akari per: 5-1
Skel 1(s) str: 6+1
Joe str: 5-2-1
Joe tou: 2-1
Joe tou: 4-1

As Joe's minigun spun up, making a loud whirring and humming sound, and the sides of its chambers began to emit a dull greenish glow, he watched the skeletal swordsman charging him, carefully timing how much longer he was going to have to wait before he could open fire, each milisecond feeling like an eternity. would he be ready in time? would he be able to handle the whirling weight of his weapon? would the weapon even work against these things?
Turns out, the answer to all these questions was yes.
As Joe fully depressed the trigger on his weapon, the minigun shifted to a slightly higher pitch and the skeleton before  him visibly began to blacken and crumble, falling apart before Joe's radioactive fury. Joe quickly shift his aim as the bony figure finished falling apart before him, and caught the one following closest behind in his weapon's fire, with similar, and extremely satisfying, results.
(the two closest (fastest reacting) skeletal swordsmen are destroyed.)

Renard however had different priorities, mostly focused on not dying to this arrow in his chest. rather than continue moving around and risk making things worse, he stayed still on the ground and applied what pressure he could to his chest wound, attempting to staunch the bleeding. (Bleeding out, 3 turns left if you stop staunching the bleeding and take action. medical aid needed but you won't die if left alone for a while and you keep this up.)

As Joe prepares to sweep his minigun over to his next target, he sees the same figure in the back raises his arms again, aimed right at him. Joe's adrenaline pumping, his reflexes as fast as they have ever been, he watches as though in slow motion as the archer aims... and dives to the side just as the arrow is released, after the archer could adjust his aim. although the arrow still grazes his arm, leaving a small cut, he manages to avoid any signifigant harm.

Raynen, hearing the sounds of combat, turns and raises his UV rifle to aid his allies. opening fire on one of the skeletal swordsmen, it seemed like a perfect hit. in fact, it even left a visible glow on his target's skull! yet even so, it doesn't seem to have even slowed down, in fact it seems stronger than ever! (I warned you about radiation weapons and undead... your target was skel 1(s) btw)

Akari finally snaps out of her stupor, and attempts to cast a simple illusionary light spell... right in the eye socket of one of the skeletal swordsmen. the skeleton keeps on walking directly forwards at where Joe used to be standing, even though Joe has moved off to the side. (skel 2(s) is blind)

Pantagruel charges forwards to his allies aid... on all fours? um, ok... and what's this about a cane? I don't see no cane in your inventory!
anyway, yeah, you make it over to the combat area, and I'll give you the cane this time, but really now, list off your inventory if you want to have items.

the blind skeleton walks forward, slashing wildly at nothing but air where Joe used to be standing.

the final skeletal swordsman, a strange glow emitting from his skull, charges at the group, sword in hand. going after the person with the most effective weapon, the minigun. Joe, still regaining his balance from avoiding the arrow earlier, attempts to block the blow with the reinforced body of his minigun, but isn't able to get it into position in time and feels a horrible, blinding-white stab of pain as his chest is slashed open and his blood begins pouring out over the ground. (Bleeding out, 3 turns left without medical aid)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 6) Pick your targets people!
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2013, 02:50:53 pm »

Bash it up with these skele-people. As in, bash the most dangerous-looking one in the head.

Spoiler: Pantagruel's inventory (click to show/hide)

((Also, ridiculous numbers of rolls. Have you thought about downsizing your system? Looks unwieldy as hell.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2013, 02:57:37 pm »

((honestly, the hard part wasn't the rolls. The hard part was arbitrating extremely vague actions. not a single one of you picked a target, Akari's action was as vague as it gets, and Pantagrul left me confused as to what I was supposed to be visualizing, making me go back and re-read his bio and suchlike to try to figure out why you'd get on all fours to run and where that cane came from.))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2013, 06:08:00 pm »

((The UV rifle isn't meant to be radiation based. It's basically a laser, except the spectrum of light used is invisible to the normal eye. My fault for not being specific I guess, but could I have it work that way going forwards?))

"Seriously? I might need a new weapon…"

If the rifle mechanics get changed, fire again, else check fallen skeletons for any weaponry and attack the blind skeleton with whatever I find.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33