Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [TSG] Awesomenauts Assemble! - 3588  (Read 1719 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
[TSG] Awesomenauts Assemble! - 3588
« on: November 02, 2013, 02:32:43 pm »

What's that? A roleplaying gaming subforum woefully underpopulated by Awesomenauts? My large influx of AWESOME ought to put a stop to that!

No ASCII this time around. Sorry guys. ::)

The year, 3588. Conflict spans the stars. Huge armies are locked into enduring stale-
Wait, didn't this happen before?

Well, not exactly.

At the end of 3587, the war saw a breakthrough. Upon the conquering of Starstorm, the Ones had the power to decimate the main AI Core of the Zeros, effectively ending the war in their favor.
Soon after that, Blabl Zork was assassinated and a new CEO, the enigmatic 'Mr. Yoos' took over.

Mr. Yoos then took a vey aggressive approach to the development of Zork Industries - building countless armies of mindless, death-bringing robots and replicating the technology of Starstorm station and waging war against the galaxy. A year has passed, and the entire Milky Way was dominated under the grip of now-renamed Yoos Corporation.
Entire planets were relocated and turned into "prisons without bars" - all planets in fact. The only spaceships flying through the largest prison in the universe belonged to Yoos' military forces, patrolling the star systems, transporting prisoners and making sure that no revolution would erupt.

Not even the Awesomenauts could stop this terror - the 'nauts that previously worked for the Ones have since been turned into Mr. Yoos' personal guard, and the few remaining Zeroes' Awesomenauts have been locked away at the harshest and most desolate planetary prisons, away from the civilization, left to starve.

Recently however, Mr. Yoos has gone missing, and without a leader, the Awesomenauts began to fight each other, splitting into the RNG (Royal Net Guard), loyal to the Yoos Corporation, and the GOLF (Galaxy's Omni-Liberation Front) - the revolutionary army, willing to break free of Yoos' reign over the galaxy.

The year is 3588. Conflict spans the stars. Huge armies are locked into enduring stalemate as the galaxy trumbles in terror. Only one force can save it now - the Awesomenauts.

The war reaches everyone and that also included you - [1]. You were a part of the [2] squad, located on [3], but you had to be transported to the ship in the orbit due to the critical damage you've taken. [4] have passed since then and you've been a comatose.
You've just awakened yesterday and were being prepared for a post-coma rehabilitation, but the ship has been assaulted by the enemy and as such, you were sent back down from the orbit, landing in deserted area, away from the fights or any signs of civilization.

You are...
Spoiler: A (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: B (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: C (click to show/hide)

You were a part of...

A. Royal Net Guard (RNG)
B. Galaxy's Omni-Liberation Front (GOLF)

You were on...

Spoiler: A (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: B (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: C (click to show/hide)

How much time has passed?

A. two weeks
B. a month
C. two months

The sketches have been provided by ircannonfodder from the Awesomenauts forums. God bless him, he's awesome!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 04:31:52 pm by DarkDXZ »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [TSG] Awesomenauts Assemble! - 3588
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 03:23:24 pm »

We were A., of course, with G.O.L.F., because Ayla would never bend her knee to authority figures, C., because OH MY GOD AYLA MURDERS ON THAT MAP, and C., because if anything put Ayla out of the fight, then it would be serious.

Tl;dr:
A.
B.
C.
C.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 03:34:08 pm »

OH MY GOD AYLA MURDERS ON THAT MAP

1. She murders at just about any map.
2. 3587 Sorona =/= 3588 Sorona. And for all intents and purposes, you don't want to be here anymore. But hey, whatever floats people's boats these days.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 03:57:20 pm »

How bad is bad?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 04:08:46 pm »

How bad is bad?

Remember the worm?
Yeah, that one.

They're all around the place. Including the non-reinforced mining shafts, which for all intents and purposes make up almost all the shafts save for the ones that have been turned into outposts.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 05:42:00 am »

Apparently me and you are the only people around these forums to play Awesomenauts (or at least the only ones who play it AND dwell the FG&RP subforum...). *sigh*

You're barely conscious when you can feel your drop-pod firmly crashing into the ground and busting open, letting blinding daylight cover the debris, making your eyes hurt. At least the two that you've still got.
Given that you're on Sorona, which has recently become one of the most radiated planets in the galaxy, you've been given a child-sized hazmat suit and a set of more casual clothes (running around in a kimono is not really a good idea, even for a revolutionary faction that is GOLF).

Regardless, you should probably move out of here - radiation will get you quickly, despite the hazmat suit. Sandstorms will get you even quicker, and the giant worms can pop out of the ground at any moment.

Right now you can't see anything that even someone with a brain that's been inactive for past 2 months like you would consider dangerous, except for a weird shape in the distance, on the nearby dune. You can't really tell what it is for multiple reasons, but it looks like some sort of ruins.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 05:46:28 am by DarkDXZ »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 01:41:13 pm »

Well, that sounds like the only place to go. Onwards!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 02:09:27 pm »

Though I have seen (and played on) forums where there's only one player per game (aka most Pokemon forums out there). Still though...

You move in that general direction, or at least try to - it's not exactly easy in this terrain, plus you're still having trouble doing even such simple things as walking. Something must've hit you pretty hard back then.
You still reach the ruins in relatively short time, and well, they're just ruins - dead and empty, with broken walls, missing ceilings and long-destroyed machines lying around. It appears to have been some sort of a pre-war outpost.
There are two things that within all of this mess you find to be more interesting than the rest of this drab olive building.

One of them is a small, green console in the corner of building (which seems to have been a single room, or at least what's left of it) which unlikely everything else seems functional, or at least is not broken. There are some green and red cables running off of it into a pile of debris. What could it be?
You also found a small, white jar with no label and a red lid. It seems that there's something inside. There are similar jars around the place, but they're all empty and don't have any labels, either.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:18:14 pm by DarkDXZ »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 02:21:59 pm »

Don't worry, I'm sure some others will stumble in.

Take all the jars. Then fish the thing out of the jar.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 02:40:08 pm »

If so say so... At least we don't have the DBZ Syndrome where it takes us 5 pages for players to take a single action.

Just as you finished collecting all the jars (of which there are five), you can hear a loud noise of the wind on the outside. A quick peek through the cracks in the walls reveals a literal wall of sand flying in your direction - a sandstorm is coming. Given this place's current state, it would probably be a good idea to not stay around here any longer, since radiated sandstorms are nasty to say the least.
You try to bust the jar open, but to no avail - either you're this weak, which wouldn't be surprising given your condition and age or it's just very firmly closed.

Then you realize you still have your psychokinetic powers, and with the use of that you quickly open the jar, which reveals to have a large amount of white-red pills.
The rest of the jars have nothing but concrete dust inside.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 03:01:35 pm »

Start run. Fast. Preferably away from the sand. Try to find some where to hide. Can we jump our telekinetic blasts?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 03:09:23 pm »

Can we jump our telekinetic blasts?

What do you mean by that? Like, rocket jump but without rockets? (:V)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 03:15:02 pm »

Can we jump our telekinetic blasts?

What do you mean by that? Like, rocket jump but without rockets? (:V)
Exactly.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2013, 03:21:30 pm »

I guess it's possible.

Also, you can feel a sudden urge to use the console, which has two giant buttons - a green one and a red one.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2013, 03:22:04 pm »

Press them both at the same time.
Pages: [1] 2