Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]  (Read 39077 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]
« Reply #405 on: December 20, 2013, 02:40:28 pm »

Gah... GWG, you get to start the scramble round. Never have I F5'd the Bay12 forums before this!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 20, 2013, 02:41:47 pm »

I pick next, right?

I...pick...RaltzandalsoMunchlax!

Current List:

Butterfree
Paiwnard
Roselia
Majikarp
Meowth
Kricketune
Glaceon
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 20, 2013, 02:41:55 pm »

Pawniard!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 20, 2013, 02:42:00 pm »

munchlax

I declare GWGs second choice for naught, as he did not, in fact, double-post, but take it all in just one post which is not the purpose

enjoy your raltz
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 20, 2013, 02:42:06 pm »

Butterfree
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 02:44:11 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 20, 2013, 02:43:36 pm »

He could have just readied both posts and posted at the same time. Plus rules weren't established beforehand, you can't make up rules after.

Edit: Well, I guess you CAN because you started this whole thing, but ehhhhh.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 20, 2013, 02:45:13 pm »

rule was:

GWG and then whomever posts fastest. That's 2 events in a row, and GWG did not, in fact, post fastest after GWG.

The posting fastest rule is meaningless if you can just auto-claim the fastest post by calling for two mons in a single post

edit: so next up is Bluerobin, then Kansa, then GWG and then me
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 02:46:48 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 20, 2013, 02:47:25 pm »

*sigh*

fine. I'll wait until he picks his choice then.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 20, 2013, 02:47:57 pm »

rule was:

GWG and then whomever posts fastest. That's 2 events in a row, and GWG did not, in fact, post fastest after GWG.

The posting fastest rule is meaningless if you can just auto-claim the fastest post by calling for two mons in a single post

edit: so next up is Bluerobin, then Kansa, then GWG and then me
Oh come on.
A. I posted 0 seconds after myself.
B. You failed to correct
Gah... GWG, you get to start the scramble round. Never have I F5'd the Bay12 forums before this!
C. You should have seen this coming and made it clear.

I refuse to surrender Munchlax! EDIT: Unless you can rebut these three arguments properly.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 02:49:38 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 20, 2013, 02:51:00 pm »

I refuse to surrender it either.

You didn't post and then post after yourself, you just posted. Once.

No, you will not get to autoclaim two picks in a row when you had all the time in the world to make your choices, while everybody else was slapping F5 legitimately, it entirely undermines the point of posting fastest. You are subject to the same rules and circumstances as everybody else, and tried to circumvent the rules via a loophole, and are now even asking the GM of the tournament to logicaly rebuke your reasoning as to why you deserve special treatment?

No.

Make a different pick, or this becomes a 3 vs 3
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 02:54:08 pm by Akroma »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 20, 2013, 02:51:49 pm »

We're going to have to redo the round now that the rule's established.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 20, 2013, 02:54:09 pm »

I think that's the best option really

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 20, 2013, 02:55:09 pm »

it's not the best option

GWG misinterpreted the rule on purpose, without any hesitation or consideration

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 20, 2013, 02:56:23 pm »

I don't think he did, I honestly thought what he did was in the rules as well and I think Bluerobin did too. It was simply him misunderstanding what the rule was

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 20, 2013, 02:57:00 pm »

You never established a 1 Pokemon per post rule and didn't clarify beforehand either (people have been drafting 2 Pokemon at once all throughout). The burden of rule clarification lies with the person who starts the tourney. Just redo the round with a new mechanic for choosing who gets to choose when.

Edit: Preferably just using a random number generator for maximum randomizing.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 02:58:43 pm by Bluerobin »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35