Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: River of Death: Game Thread.  (Read 25818 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: River of Death: Game Thread.
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2013, 05:36:34 pm »

Ashura stood away from the rest of the group as they began talking to the shipwright, simply watching as they talked to the man. It had been wise of them not to accept that offer, it would have been foolish to spend that kind of money on an unfinished boat especially with no guarantee that they would survive that long to claim it. The group began to split up and as Ashura really had no interest in whatever the songs  were or in this gnome she decided she might as well head back to the inn.

Ashura headed back to the inn to prepare for tomorrow
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2013, 06:23:32 pm »

Ashii stared into the air as the others talked. With a start, she realised the others were splitting up and going their separate ways for the time being. Padding along, she followed Ashura back to the inn and settled down in a room to sleep.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2013, 06:42:22 pm »

Steffan: You obtain the indicated number of boats. The Hobgoblin's Song has been PM'd to you.

Bethany:
Your horse is perfectly comfortable on the raft. He even bends down to take a drink, only to snort at the taste of the murky river water.

The Hobgoblins do not appear especially evil. Among the crew of 20 or so, there are only four auras of evil, all faint.

Navigator Wiffle agrees to keep an eye out while you're gone. He seems much less depressed than he was just hours ago.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2013, 12:35:13 am »

Bethany heads to bed intent on getting up early for adventure.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2013, 12:40:01 am »

Action: Eli stables his horse, and spends the night celebrating with Steffan and is ready for the morning.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2013, 01:16:28 am »

"Those dirty hobgoblins," chuckles Steffan half to himself. He's not known for his complete lack of puerile crudity himself, he'd be the first to admit. "Come, brother, let's fill our stomachs before tomorrow. It might be a while before we eat well again, so let's hope the inn cook is at least competent... Did I ever tell you about the eastern sage who wrestled a zebra? I may work up to it if the drinks are acceptable..."

Make a note of the song before heading back to the inn for food and rest.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2013, 01:29:39 am »

Eli had actually heard 'the story' many times before-when Steffan got darkly drunk, he tended to tell it, with wilder and more rambling variations the more sloshed he became. He wasn't sure if Steffan was genuinely unaware of this, or having him on. It still made him smile, though.

"...looking forward to it, brother!" He said, with a chuckle and inward groan.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2013, 01:44:03 am »

Rohan, deciding that there was nothing left to do, left for where he was staying for an early night.

Head to bed for a good night's rest.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2013, 05:26:49 am »

Well, I'd better be getting my rest for tomorrow as well, I suppose.

Orgarr finds a convenient place and sets up his tent and bedroll to sleep outside for the night. He likes that sort of thing, and it's not likely they have beds for him anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2013, 09:16:59 pm »

Ashii twitched in her sleep, curled up tight in a ball. Her badger lay next to her, occasionally snuffling.

She dreamed.

Her hand traced a line along the lover's arm, running along the scars and feeling the power contained within the lithe flesh. Her lover giggled and caught her hand with a flash-quick motion. The fire was warm and the moss was soft. The woods around them were dark and silent, leaving them in a bubble of light. Her lover smiled mischeivously, and a single movement of her arm pulled Ashii close...

...afer they lay together on the soft moss, the only sounds the crackling fire and their own breathing. Ashii quietly spoke.
"When you leave me, where do you go?"
Though she couldn't see it, she could tell her lover was smiling.
"Around. I'm a traveller - I can't stay for too long in any one place. But I'll always come back here."
"I know," she replied, as the dream dissolved, replaced by an endless dark.

She awoke with a gasp. Sitting up, she drew her cloak tighter around her shoulders, and in the darkness thought of broken memories.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2013, 09:33:15 pm »

Presuming the priests don't have anything needing interaction to say, Vray politely turns down Morazin's offer and heads to the docks.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2013, 10:08:56 pm »

By noonrise, you find yourselves in the River of Death, rowing upriver toward whatever fate awaits you there. The last minute packing, well-wishing and squabbling over seating is over and your journey has begun in earnest.

In the foremost vessel ride Eli the Ranger, Holdron the Barbarian and the three Bards coming along on the voyage: Steffan, Vray and Kalnaf. Discussion seems lively in this canoe.

Behind them, in the largest of the canoes, is the massive giant Orgarr Snowcrusher, and a pair of cats: One the wizard Maru and the other his familiar. The boat sits low in the water, barely able to stay afloat with the tremendous half-giant aboard.

Next goes the third and final canoe, with Lady Bethany trying her best to stay upright at the helm and four spellcasters of various description behind her: Ashii-Karn, Ashura, Rohan and Morazin.

Bringing up the rear is Steffan's raft; on board is Sister Alanorwan, of the Temple of the River Lord, flanked uncomfortably on either side by a pair of unwashed orcish porters and with mounds of cages, traps and barrels, and Lady Bethany's noble steed, Amber, behind the unlikely trio.

On they sail. All seems to go well, at first. The convoy quickly gets out of sight of Rivertown, and no significant danger presents itself. Marini, the Cat-Wizard's familiar, points with her paw at a curious sight on the side of the river: A pair of tiny monkeys, both gesturing at Orgarr and nocking arrows into their tiny, crudely crafted bows. A half-dozen tiny arrows fly from the brush, but none hit! The orcs on the raft panick and try to hide behind the cages; Alanorwan puts herself in front of the horse, in hopes of protecting it.

You have been attacked by tiny, unnaturally intelligent tree monkeys! What do you do?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2013, 10:27:21 pm »

"What in the Nine hells?!" Morazin limbers up in preparation for possible conflict, but holds up for a second. "Ashii, think you can communicate with them? Otherwise I'll be forced to blast them."

If Ashii cannot communicate/calm them, let loose a line-shaped lightning breath

Edit: Also, init roll(if needed)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 10:42:29 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2013, 12:09:19 am »

Eli was enjoying the river and chatting amiably before the interruption...

"You know Steffan, I still say we could have gone North-I heard they discovered a land of ice where beautiful women ride Pegasui on the clouds. I've never actually seen a peg..."

*fwip fwip*

He ducked, but it was unnecessary-they were not very good shots. Not that they had to be, exactly, at these ranges.

"...oy! Little blighters! Can someone tell them to stop shooting at us?"

He knocked his own bow, but held his fire-it's possible they could be reasoned with, he though, though he also doubted it. From what he knew of these sorts of intelligent animals, they inherited the language of the one who created them. Maybe it was too much to hope they spoke common.

[Init Roll=14]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4282776/

Action: Start plugging monkeys with arrows if no one can calm them down

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2013, 12:14:02 am »

Frustration spreads across Bethany's face. Frustration that quickly blossoms into rage. Without a ranged weapon or magic she is but a sitting duck.

Bethany hides behind her shield and calls out to the beasts in Sylvian. "Dishonorable CURS! The bow is a coward's weapon!"

Total Defense!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22