Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37

Author Topic: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.  (Read 48735 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: THE END IS NEAR : Warning: May be more rational than reality.
« Reply #405 on: May 16, 2014, 06:17:59 pm »

Four. I said four, and that's total. Me, you, and two others I've met already. All of us have had that.

And I brought a decent amount of supplies. I had a bug-out bag ready when you - at least, I'm assuming it was you - warned of the fire. Food, water, clothing, some basic medical stuff, and just general stuff.

And all of my ammunition.

Samuel opens his coat just far enough to let the man see his holster, then pulls out his cell phone and dials the first man he'd met with the 'The End is Near' experience.

I want to make sure the others are all right. I'm no believer in the supernatural or anything, but this is just too much of a coincidence.

And awaits the other man to pick up.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 16, 2014, 06:20:22 pm »

Good, you do that. I've got a large amount of my worldly possessions strapped to my bike, so no need to worry about me taking your shit - I got plenty of it.

Get one of those batons and holsters for them if I have one and hang it off my belt. Better safe than sorry and all that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #407 on: May 19, 2014, 05:11:01 pm »

Another sign... important.  But what was it?  And is my house about to burn down?

Make sure the neighborhood isn't on fire again.  Then focus on the dreams, and try to recall.  Is there a connection to the first dream?
You look out your window. The fires are still burning strong in the northwest, but your neighborhood appears safe for the moment.

You lay back down and think. You only have to think about it for a moment before it rushes back to you. It was a symbol; something complex and not easily described - a complex series of lines, curves and interlocking geometric shapes- but you're pretty sure you could recreate it if you wanted to. You have no idea what it means, the image has no context in your mind, but you feel a great emotional weight attached to it. Almost...almost like a memory of your greatest fear or happiest moment, but without any recognizable emotion. It holds importance in your mind but you don't know why.

((Say wha? Why would Rico kick him out like that? That wasn't supposed to happen, Kri wanted to exit himself. Oh well, nothing to do about it now I guess :/

Go to entrance with car, ask if they'll let me in. Try to remember if there's a road out of town near here.

(You rolled 10 again. So think of it more as you punting him out of the car at the exact, perfect moment in your skid so that he would just lightly land on his feet as opposed to being run over or flying out at high speed)

You pull up, through the parking lot and up to the gate that leads into the scrapyard proper. The gate house is empty and the gate itself is firmly closed. It's not very surprising, really; being this early in the morning and this strange of a day. In fact, now that you think about it, you'd be surprised if anyone showed up, worker or security.

((Say wha? Why would Rico kick him out like that? That wasn't supposed to happen, Kri wanted to exit himself. Oh well, nothing to do about it now I guess :/

(( Yeah, works for me XD
I imagine it was just PW making that action *slightly* less dangerous for me by having you shove me out at a stop. ))

Right... you wanted us to stop?

Continue to look non-threatening while they respond
"Why did your friend run like that?" The man in the center asks, gesturing back down to the road to where Rico used to be. As the man asks you this, your cellphone starts vibrating.

Four. I said four, and that's total. Me, you, and two others I've met already. All of us have had that.

And I brought a decent amount of supplies. I had a bug-out bag ready when you - at least, I'm assuming it was you - warned of the fire. Food, water, clothing, some basic medical stuff, and just general stuff.

And all of my ammunition.

Samuel opens his coat just far enough to let the man see his holster, then pulls out his cell phone and dials the first man he'd met with the 'The End is Near' experience.

I want to make sure the others are all right. I'm no believer in the supernatural or anything, but this is just too much of a coincidence.

And awaits the other man to pick up.
I assume you're calling Kri, right? 

Good, you do that. I've got a large amount of my worldly possessions strapped to my bike, so no need to worry about me taking your shit - I got plenty of it.

Get one of those batons and holsters for them if I have one and hang it off my belt. Better safe than sorry and all that.
You pull your collapsible baton out of it's holster and carefully jam it in one of your belt loops, where it's easier to access in a hurry.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 19, 2014, 06:26:50 pm »

No idea. Guess he's a bit jumpy about the guns and authority? I can't really blame him, we just got done running away from a crazed fireman at that motel over there.

Thomas pauses for a moment as his phone vibrates

You mind if I take this? Or would you like to ask me some more questions first?

Continue conversing with soldiers.

If they don't mind, answer the phone. Otherwise, let it go to voicemail, then text him back a quick message:
Still alive. You have amazingly bad timing. I will call shortly.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 20, 2014, 01:05:13 am »

Get out, lock the car firmly, then see if I can't find a way to open that gate.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 20, 2014, 07:48:52 am »

This symbol... what could it be?  Brian felt compelled to recreate it.

Try to draw out the symbol on paper, and take it with me.  It could be important.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 21, 2014, 09:07:09 am »

Wait until old guy's done with his phone call, then be talking to him again.

So then, what are you going to do?

((Apologies, it was me dad's birthday. Had to go out and do stuff.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 23, 2014, 01:35:47 am »

((This is going to be a bit asynchronous - My response to Xan has to wait until at least a turn from now.))

Wait for the phone to be picked up - or a message received.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #413 on: May 25, 2014, 04:48:20 pm »

No idea. Guess he's a bit jumpy about the guns and authority? I can't really blame him, we just got done running away from a crazed fireman at that motel over there.

Thomas pauses for a moment as his phone vibrates

You mind if I take this? Or would you like to ask me some more questions first?

Continue conversing with soldiers.

If they don't mind, answer the phone. Otherwise, let it go to voicemail, then text him back a quick message:
Still alive. You have amazingly bad timing. I will call shortly.

The soldiers seem a bit confused as to your apparent nonchalance about being attacked by a fireman; under normal circumstances most people would probably be still screaming about that, not worried about answering their phone. Luckily, they seem more interested by the fireman then you and promptly head off in the direction you indicated. Huh, Well, might have been a bit too persuasive. Oh well.

You pick up the phone.

"International house of Death, may I take your order?"

Get out, lock the car firmly, then see if I can't find a way to open that gate.
You hop out of the car and make doubly sure that it's locked before walking up to the gate house. The gate house itself is a portapotty looking thing made of corrugated metal sheets with a big reenforced glass window on one side and a door on another. You cup your hands against the glass and look inside. The controls for the gate are in there, thats for sure, and it looks like the wire from the switch leads into the ground. Hmm. You walk around to the other side and try the door. Locked, unsurprisingly. You shake it a bit. It doesn't seem horribly secure. You sit down in the dust and think.

Well, you could break the window, or the door. Thats easy. Could ram the gate with your vehicle. Or climb the fence and cut the razor wire. Dig in, if you really want to waste time. Maybe cut the fence? Hm.

This symbol... what could it be?  Brian felt compelled to recreate it.

Try to draw out the symbol on paper, and take it with me.  It could be important.

You grab a sheet of printer paper and scrawl the symbol down upon it in pencil. You do the best you can, but it's not perfect. It's very close though, enough that you can still feel some of that strange resonance in your head. Like looking a photograph of some past action you undertook, but don't remember.

((This is going to be a bit asynchronous - My response to Xan has to wait until at least a turn from now.))

Wait for the phone to be picked up - or a message received.
Wait until old guy's done with his phone call, then be talking to him again.

So then, what are you going to do?

((Apologies, it was me dad's birthday. Had to go out and do stuff.))

"International house of what?"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 25, 2014, 07:11:22 pm »

Death! Sorry, a fireman tried to burn down the motel we were staying at. Very irritating. You happened to call while we were trying to sneak away.
Fine now, though me and Rico have split up. Did you know the army was in town? They seem to be patrolling the city and trying to help get a handle on whatever made the firemen turn pyro.

Chat-chat-chat, get in my car and make sure everything is functional and present.

Check in with Rico on the 2-way and see where he's gone (assuming he responds). Attempt to check the internet for news and other things while chatting.

(( So we now have everyone in contact except Toaster. And of course Toaster is the one of us that got another 'clue' :P ))
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:46:52 pm by Kriellya »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 25, 2014, 09:11:26 pm »

A fireman? That... explains a lot. And yes, the city has been put under martial law - they're broadcasting it on everything they can.

Anyway - I found another one. Basically the same experience. We've both just evacuated our apartment building - there's at least one fire in there, and from what you just said, likely a fireman to go with it. We're a few blocks away now, though.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 26, 2014, 12:40:19 am »

Try to get the door open. Use the crowbar I bought before.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 26, 2014, 08:46:05 pm »

A fireman? That... explains a lot. And yes, the city has been put under martial law - they're broadcasting it on everything they can.

Anyway - I found another one. Basically the same experience. We've both just evacuated our apartment building - there's at least one fire in there, and from what you just said, likely a fireman to go with it. We're a few blocks away now, though.

Another one? Huh. How convenient. Maybe we can do something...

Well, that will be today then. This is almost worse than medical going nuts, at least they didn't attack the entire city, just the people near them... Gods, I'd try and see if the police need help with medical care, but at this point I'd bet that tomorrow they'll be gone, and the last place I'd like to be is right next to them when they go.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 26, 2014, 11:29:36 pm »

Check in with Rico on the 2-way and see where he's gone (assuming he responds). Attempt to check the internet for news and other things while chatting.

Pick up.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 27, 2014, 08:40:24 am »

This had to mean something.  But what?  Brian looked at the smashed remnants of his computer, and knew that the Internet was probably no help.  He could go to a library, but would they even be open?  Unlikely.  He felt rather unwilling to leave his house.

But what, then?  Stay here and wait for death?  The next wave of fires- or whatever came next- could be far worse.

The library was an option, at least.  They would have computers.

Call the local library and see if they are open.  What time is it, anyway?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37