Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: You are in a small town, A perhaps doomed RTD  (Read 7058 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: You are in a small town, A perhaps doomed RTD
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 07:51:05 pm »

And with these six people I will go and write things. You lot have until tomorrow to find two new people, else put up with NPCs who will probably be officers and/or the big creatures.

*glares*

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2013, 09:03:06 pm »

Nyahah! So glad you want more!

You have your seventh. Will make my character once I've slept.

Basics is male human rifleman who goes for combat and a steady head. Doesn't know what to do when someone gets cut though.

Aaaaand character:
Name: Mac
Race: Human
"Class": Rifleperson
weapon of choice: RM51 (RM103A sidearm)

Luck:
Bravery:++
Sanity:++
Love for Tea:---
Tech Proficiency:+
Medical skill:-
Speech:+
Bartering:---
Strength:+
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:15:47 pm by Maxinum McDreich »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Right, because of stomach and ears being!!FUN!! update is postponed. However, we do now have seven people, and so the NPC will either have a MGL or a M3, depending on haw pissed I get.
In other news, those who play.
Spoiler: Mac (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yudd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Zoey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Will (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tess Cropper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Matt Ross (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Artemis (click to show/hide)
This look right to everyone?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 08:06:43 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2013, 07:11:22 am »

I can't talk for everyone else, but everything looks fine to me.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2013, 07:34:06 am »

seem fine
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2013, 12:36:01 pm »

It does look quite right to me.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 12:50:35 pm »

Looks good ta me.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2013, 02:07:38 pm »

The seven solders sat quietly, awaiting there newest member and the reactions of command to there latest failure. About half of those assembled were Gnomes, the main native inhabitants of the system. Brilliant healers and technicians, but inherently weak when compared to humans. The squads two medics, corporals Zoey and Ross, stood in a corner discussing there new medical hardware while Captain Cooper stood talking to her new Sargent, Artemis. In the corner sat Yudd, carefully cleaning his HMG, while Will continued to chat his ear off complaining about the weights of these weapons, and about all this new kit they had to carry.
The door opened, blocked by the massive figure of a Trono, the much disliked second native race. Massively strong but relatively dull and heavy-handed, they made for good muscle but not much else. A Carl Gustav slung over his back like a toy he walked across the room to sit, revealing the officer behind. Instantly all the troops save Yudd, who was too absorbed with cleaning his weapon to notice, stood instantly, saluting this major who stood before them. After what seemed to some to be a matter of eons Yudd noticed and joined them in there attention. Then the major spoke.
"Well, I am glad to see that you are all ready. I am Major Evans, and over there is your new squad mate Buddy. Yes, his name is Buddy, don't bother him about it, he takes great insult to it. Now, I know that you lot have recently been in a bit of a pickle, and normally half of you lot would be out of here in seconds flat. Unfortunately, we cant do that. You see, the blues have chosen this time to go mess with everyone else on this rock, and we gotta go stop them." He gestured to the map over on the wall, showing a large number of icons in green, maroon and blue. One of these icons was pulsating, going from green to red and back again. "This is your target, the minute hellhole of "Newest York". A battalion of blues have gone over there for some random reason, and we need someone to check it out. Unfortunately for both you and me, those best sorted for the job are you lot. I would send others, but we have none else to share and you lot are said to be quite good medics. This is NOT a kill mission, weapons are NOT free, since you have to win the hearts and minds of the little buggers while finding out what the hell those twits are doing over there and killing will probably result in a worse fuckup than your last one.. Here are the codes," he states as he hands over a thick packet to Tess,"And you got a pod to catch. you will find gear for a month in it, and we have arranged a location for you to stay. We already have an agreement with the town elders, who have been badgering the hell out of us for the past few years for medical aid. Something about most of them coming from the same place as us. All nonsense if you ask me. That is all. Captain, please see to the supplies of your remaining troops and remember, skids up in forty." With that he stalked out of the room, seemingly leaving a massive hole behind. Just before he reached the door he turned, as if to gloat or something worse. "Oh, as you lot nolonger have enough troops for a company you cant keep the name. Find a new one."
What shall you all do?
Tess Cropper, Artemis have been promoted to captain and Sargent respectively!

Spoiler: Mac (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yudd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Zoey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Will (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Captian Tess Cropper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Matt Ross (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Sgt. Artemis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPC "Buddy" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:20:45 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2013, 03:12:11 pm »

"Howyadoing, Buddy?" Tess grins, "I'm Tess Cropper, in charge of this little shindig. Feel free to call me Tess if ya want. That person over there is Artemis, my right-hand gal." Tess glances around the room. "The rest of ya can introduce yourselves too. Come on, don't be shy. Buddy shouldn't bite. I've got some paperwork to go through and then we'll be off in a jiffy."

Cropper opens up the packet and sorts through its contents.

((I just want to know exactly the codes are for. Also I assume that one of them is for contacting the QM for additional supplies if needed.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2013, 03:20:10 pm »

*PACKET CONTENTS*
*Set one orders, simply telling whats above.
*List of troops under command, most crossed off and labeled DECIESED.
*List of codes, mostly for proposal comms, one for the official channel
*Supply schedule, with a blacked-out call-code. Next to the missing code is a note stating that all supply requests go through the major.
* eight code chips for in-squad comms
Highly Opinionated Fool

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2013, 03:53:18 pm »

Yudd pauses in his cleaning at the mention of weapons not being free.

"Goddamn it, you mean I lugged this thing over here and I won't even get a chance to use it to mow down some goddamn insurgents? Tie my hands behind my back while you're at it, will you?"

He grumbles for a moment, then resumes cleaning, though his eyes rest on Buddy. He smiles at him, revealing a full set of bright yellow teeth.

"Anyway, Buddy, I'm Private Yudd. I've got a gun. You've got a gun. We're both here to perform targeted destruction. As you can see, we've got a lot in common. Let's be friends from now on!"

Propose friendship to Buddy.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2013, 05:52:30 pm »

((Their*. Sergent*. Why is a captain and a sergeant saluting a corporal...Fake Edit: was edited after I read it earlier on my phone. And why is there an 8 person squad headed by someone as high as a Captain? Guessing there's a story here. Also, that maroon is kinda hard to read on darkling just FYI.))

Artemis listens to the Major give the orders. Then once he leaves walk up to Buddy and stick out a hand. "Hi there. Sergeant Artemis, all-round friend and ball-buster. You have a problem you bring it to me. If I can't solve it I'll find someone who can and...suggest they do it." All this is said with a perfectly natural smile on her face but there's just something off about it. Best not to cross her.

((Oh, what kind of sergeant? Tech/Staff/Master/Chief Master?))
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2013, 05:57:59 pm »

((Their*. Sergent*. Why is a captain and a sergeant saluting a corporal...Fake Edit: was edited after I read it earlier on my phone. And why is there an 8 person squad headed by someone as high as a Captain? Guessing there's a story here. Also, that maroon is kinda hard to read on darkling just FYI.))

((TL;DR version: The Maroons are incompetent as fuck. We could probably make up/roleplay the longer version if we have too.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2013, 07:09:26 pm »

((its sorta more of Tess fucking it up somehow.
And normal, so I guess staff. Differently not a gunny.
As for Edgar's rank, yah, i screwed it. And thats also sorta the reason why...Nope, cannon now.))
Highly Opinionated Fool

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2013, 07:19:29 pm »

Well, at least I probably won't be stitching any of you anyone up for a while. Buddy, I'm Matt, Don't get shot and you should have to see much of me. I'll go get my things in order.

Put my medical do-dads together and be prepared to go.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6