Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115830 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #555 on: November 01, 2013, 12:26:30 am »

Do you have Purify Food and Drink? That alone should bump you up to 24 gallons per day.
*checks*
Hm. That would probably work on salt water. Roughly quadruple my aqueous output.
If we were in a desert campaign, then Create Water would be great. Out on the open seas, Purify Food and Drink is so much more useful.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 01, 2013, 01:16:47 am »

Sorcerers and Wizards (and other arcane casters) can obtain Create Water through Arcane Disciple, although I don't remember which domain you have to grab to get it.  It's also at Level 1 instead of Level 0, so of somewhat less effectiveness.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 01, 2013, 01:26:19 am »

Not for Clerics/Druids. It's a 0th level spell.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 01, 2013, 01:55:45 am »

Not even going to comment.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 01, 2013, 01:58:44 am »

Not even going to comment.
What? Did I derp it up again? After taking a closer look, I derped it up badly. Thought you were talking about it being Level 1 for all classes.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 01, 2013, 02:14:51 am »

Ugh, the Illumian lore issua kinda killed my enthusiasm for my character. Fuck it, I'll go Beguiler as my race, free True Seeing is always nice.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 01, 2013, 04:13:49 am »

My HP rolls, three Rogue levels and three Warblade.

Here is my character sheet, still very much a work in progress.

Remuthra, how much would would a pet crow cost? Somebody of us need to sport a bird.
Also, as a Tiefling, is it okay if I get a bit excessive with her appearance, as long as I do not expect any mechanical bonuses from it? Like, for example, having clawlike fingers (but not enough to damage anyone). Though I was contemplating just having elongated nails instead (that start up by the middle knuckle). Arguably that would be more disturbing.

...It may have become apparent by now that I'm planning a bit of a bird theme for this here pirate.

I plan on taking a bird as an animal companion. I am a ranger.
And I have an albatross named Rime.  Maybe we should name our ships the Coop and Flock. 

I'll postpone my bird-buying for now, then. Don't want to steal your thunders :P
Love, scriver~

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 01, 2013, 06:55:20 am »

(Assuming one month trip with twenty people.)
10-15ish (5-10ish with my believers?) sailors, assuming we take the leadership roles, like QM and boson.
1 carpenter/doctor/tailor.
1 navigator/pilot.
1 cook, unless someone wants to volunteer.
20 days of food, to be supplemented by fish.
5 days of water, in case GWG dies/jumps ship/meets a nice girl and settles down.
15 weapons to fight off attackers.
Extra rope and sail cloth.

Food and water has already been accounted for, and it's at around 30 days worth. I haven't done sheets for a carpenter, and a navigator I haven't done either. Weapons and armour I can provide myself, provided someone covers the base cost of all the equipment.

Unless your believers have profession (sailor) though, you may need to invest about 600gp into crew quarters to house them with. Possibly more since we need to house all the characters without profession (Sailor) as well
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 01, 2013, 08:41:41 am »

Ugh, the Illumian lore issua kinda killed my enthusiasm for my character. Fuck it, I'll go Beguiler as my race, free True Seeing is always nice.
There's a Beguiler race?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 01, 2013, 09:26:30 am »

My HP rolls, three Rogue levels and three Warblade.

Here is my character sheet, still very much a work in progress.

Remuthra, how much would would a pet crow cost? Somebody of us need to sport a bird.
Also, as a Tiefling, is it okay if I get a bit excessive with her appearance, as long as I do not expect any mechanical bonuses from it? Like, for example, having clawlike fingers (but not enough to damage anyone). Though I was contemplating just having elongated nails instead (that start up by the middle knuckle). Arguably that would be more disturbing.

...It may have become apparent by now that I'm planning a bit of a bird theme for this here pirate.

I plan on taking a bird as an animal companion. I am a ranger.
And I have an albatross named Rime.  Maybe we should name our ships the Coop and Flock. 

I'll postpone my bird-buying for now, then. Don't want to steal your thunders :P
Feel free to get a bird as well.  We're pirates; feathered companions are almost standard-issue. ^_^

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 01, 2013, 09:50:32 am »

My sorcerer build thus far is abusing the hell out of the complete arcane feats. I have three draconic feats and sudden maximize. One lets me convert any arcane energy spell into a breath weapon that deals 2d6 per spell level.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 01, 2013, 09:58:21 am »

* Taricus has a character than can use a 6d8 breath weapon every 1d4 rounds. Is also pretty sure they don't need an underpowered version of that in the party.

And three draconic feats don't really sound too good either.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 01, 2013, 10:02:29 am »

* Taricus has a character than can use a 6d8 breath weapon every 1d4 rounds. Is also pretty sure they don't need an underpowered version of that in the party.

Sorry, I'm not up on everyone else's builds. Imma go cry in a corner now.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 01, 2013, 10:10:38 am »

Sorry, I'm not up on everyone else's builds. Imma go cry in a corner now.
But... That's 2d6 per spell level. That makes third level spells do 6d6. That's not far off.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 01, 2013, 10:14:47 am »

Of course, it requires using up the spell slot and being in breath weapon range. Compared to, say, Reserve feats, which allow more flexibility, don't use up the spell slot, and boost your casting of related spells... Well.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57