Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115834 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #510 on: October 31, 2013, 06:49:35 pm »

My HP rolls, three Rogue levels and three Warblade.

Here is my character sheet, still very much a work in progress.

Remuthra, how much would would a pet crow cost? Somebody of us need to sport a bird.
Also, as a Tiefling, is it okay if I get a bit excessive with her appearance, as long as I do not expect any mechanical bonuses from it? Like, for example, having clawlike fingers (but not enough to damage anyone). Though I was contemplating just having elongated nails instead (that start up by the middle knuckle). Arguably that would be more disturbing.

...It may have become apparent by now that I'm planning a bit of a bird theme for this here pirate.

I plan on taking a bird as an animal companion. I am a ranger.
And I have an albatross named Rime.  Maybe we should name our ships the Coop and Flock. 

OK, I think I've finally settled on a weight and height in default (mer) form. 

:/ I get a bad feeling that I'm less optimized than I thought I would be in this...Thirty-two shuriken. Every round. 320 shuriken per minute...And then he repeats it next turn.
It vaguely terrifies me that a massively-optimized shuriken-tosser is considered less optimized, now.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 31, 2013, 06:49:39 pm »

And good luck getting that many shurikens with all those enchantments as well :P

EDIT: Culise, it uses monk. OF course it isn't going to be too powerful even with that level of optimisation.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 31, 2013, 07:03:11 pm »

My character isn't the monk. The monk is at 20th level. I'm at sixth. I'm the Dragonborn Raptoran Scout who can fly faster than a horse runs. Which isn't saying much, granted.

See, that's the other part it takes advantage of, Taricus. Shuriken are treated as ammo for the purposes of making masterwork versions of them and getting special versions of them. Magic would fall under this. Meaning 50 of them cost the same as a normal weapon with said enhancements. You aren't even buying 50. So you pay 64% of the cost that anyone else would with their bow or gauntlet or whathaveyou.

EDIT: Also, though I don't know if anyone else is getting it either, but my character sheet's not with the rest. :( http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=694286
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:05:55 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 31, 2013, 07:20:38 pm »

@Rolepgeek:
Honestly, you seem fine. You do two ranged attacks every round for 3d6 damage and you can fly. That's perfectly respectable.
@Culise:
It's a level 20 build, so obviously it's going to look impressive from the perspective of someone making a 6th level character. Level 20 'play' is a bad joke as far as balance goes.
@Taricus:
There are characters that would be improved by monk levels. For example, my character would gain a 4th attack, +2 to all saves and a spare feat by taking a one level dip in Monk.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 31, 2013, 07:24:41 pm »

True, but that just happens to be a dip, rather than a full commitment to it, so that probably changes some things.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 31, 2013, 07:25:37 pm »

You know, I've also considered setting up a level twenty or so game just for kicks.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 31, 2013, 07:31:28 pm »

Shuriken-Mini-Gun-Man would be happy to participate.

He should carry around an on/offable field of anti-magic. And probably banishing and/or dimensional anchor. All of his shuriken throwing abilities are extraordinary, after all, and he still has a pretty significant damage bonus with each. D1E WI24RD DI3!!1!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 31, 2013, 07:36:46 pm »

You know, I've also considered setting up a level twenty or so game just for kicks.

Just out of curiosity, what would be our challenge for a level 20 game? Fighting gods? :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 31, 2013, 07:38:38 pm »

Fighting Gods is not a challenge at level 20.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 31, 2013, 07:38:55 pm »

Just out of curiosity, what would be our challenge for a level 20 game? Fighting gods? :P
Nope, too weak. You'd have to fight builds I find in the Munchkin sections of the wiki.

Your first enemy is a Hulking Hurler who can throw planets at you.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 31, 2013, 07:42:32 pm »

Nope, too weak. You'd have to fight builds I find in the Munchkin sections of the wiki.

As he's thrown it, it counts as an (improvised) ranged weapon.  Monk 20, Deflect Arrows or Snatch Arrows feats. ^_^

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 31, 2013, 07:44:48 pm »

As he's thrown it, it counts as an (improvised) ranged weapon.  Monk 20, Deflect Arrows or Snatch Arrows feats. ^_^

An enemy tosses planets at you and you catch them. You proceed to start playing handball with the universe.

Yes.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 31, 2013, 07:50:32 pm »

Well, I guess the gods need some entertainment from time to time :P

Also, could we potentially set up settlements as well?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 31, 2013, 07:51:26 pm »

If you wish, and other countries don't try to gib you, sure.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 31, 2013, 08:05:53 pm »

Ohohoho. This should be great >:D
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57