Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115897 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #495 on: October 31, 2013, 05:52:35 pm »

Yep. It's now official. I'm a Psion: Telepath 5, Thrallherd 1.
Character sheet is a WIP.

Edit: Who needs a free crew?
Everyone, I think.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 31, 2013, 05:55:45 pm »

Eh, we can pay for our crew. Also, a slight note, the highest level thrall you can have is limited by your own level, so that thrall would be level 5 instead.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 31, 2013, 05:57:04 pm »

Since I haven't read the whole thing yet, I'mma ask; do you have an abjurer lined up yet? Obviously everyone wants a damage-dealing mage, but I've always loved extorting people by threatening to drop my shields if they don't pay up protecting others.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 31, 2013, 05:58:01 pm »

Since I haven't read the whole thing yet, I'mma ask; do you have an abjurer lined up yet? Obviously everyone wants a damage-dealing mage, but I've always loved extorting people by threatening to drop my shields if they don't pay up protecting others.
Not that I know of. Good or Evil crew?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 31, 2013, 05:59:25 pm »

Probably neutral, if it's allowed.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 31, 2013, 06:00:24 pm »

Probably neutral, if it's allowed.
The Good boat is actually just neutral. The evil crew might except you anyway, though.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 31, 2013, 06:00:52 pm »

Neutral's fine. Means you can go on either ship. And I don't think we have any specifically blasty mages as of yet.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 31, 2013, 06:02:48 pm »

Neutral's fine. Means you can go on either ship. And I don't think we have any specifically blasty mages as of yet.
Huh. I always did like a blasty sorc, for metamaging on the go. Mayhaps multiclassing to warmage.

Also, a question about point buy: Do I get leveling up stat bonuses in addition to it, or not?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 31, 2013, 06:07:00 pm »

Just stick to plain sorcerer, more versatility. And you should get the level up ability point as well.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 31, 2013, 06:14:10 pm »

Just stick to plain sorcerer, more versatility. And you should get the level up ability point as well.
Yayness. If, once we get that high, someone could enchant some knowstones for me, that would be great.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 31, 2013, 06:19:22 pm »

May I take it that, if we are boating, I will wish I had invested in profession(sailor) somewhere down the line? Will knowledge(navigation) be covered?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 31, 2013, 06:22:25 pm »

Or we can just hire the people with the appropriate skills.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 31, 2013, 06:23:41 pm »

Eh, we can pay for our crew. Also, a slight note, the highest level thrall you can have is limited by your own level, so that thrall would be level 5 instead.
That is true, and slightly saddening.

But still, I got 5 first level believers running around. Might as well put them to use.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 31, 2013, 06:38:42 pm »

:/ I get a bad feeling that I'm less optimized than I thought I would be in this...Could someone take a look at my sheet and tell me what could be improved and such?

Also, Remuthra, does vertical distance(when going down) count for range increments, and can I get some extra leeway vertically? I think a 30' radius hemisphere around my target is a bit silly. What about a 40' tall, 30' radius cylinder?

Also, how's this for a monk build:
(Halfling or Human?) Monk 11/Swashbuckler 3/Master Thrower 5/?
Max out Sleight of Hand, Dexterity, and Intelligence. Rest goes in Constitution. Take Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Two-Weapon Fighting, and possibly Weapon Focus (Shuriken)(For Exotic Weapon Master, if you want to use Stunning Blow), Manyshot & Improved Rapid Shot, Improved Precise Shot, maybe more. Various things could go in the last level; it would have been Rogue for Ascetic Rogue, since the table says the levels stack for sneak attack damage, but the feat description says it stacks for unarmed strike damage(although a level with the many and various items that boost sneak attack damage still isn't a bad idea). Sad. Even more ridiculously overpowered otherwise, but sad. Really not too feat intensive, all said.
For thrown weapon tricks, take Palm Throw, Sneaky Shot, and Weak Spot.
With the current rules, at least, this is what it ends up being;
Base Attack Bonus: +19/+14/+14/+14
Flurry of Blows: +19/+19/+19/+14/+14/+14
Rapid Shot: +17/+17/+17/+17/+12/+12/+12
Haste or a similar effect: +17/+17/+17/+17/+17/+12/+12/+12
Two-Weapon Fighting: +15/+15/+15/+15/ +15/+10/+10/+10 and +15/+15/+15/+15/ +15/+10/+10/+10.
So a total of 16 attacks(or at least attack rolls). Each of which includes two shuriken. Thirty-two shuriken. Every round. 320 shuriken per minute, aka faster than the original Gatling Gun. Against your touch AC, and effectively whilst you are flat-footed. Just shuriken, though, right?
But these shuriken are special. They are, each and every one, +1 Teleporting Shocking Frost Flaming Corrosive Sonic Shurikens. Add whatever you like else to them. Wounding, Construct-Bane, Magebane, whatever. Preferably stuff to deal with energy resistance and damage resistance, as well as creatures immune to precision based damage. Can even have multiple sets each designed to kill different enemies, quite easily. Wounding will slaughter anything not undead, or immune to crits. If the character is undead, could have Profane to inflict negative levels. Depending on how Force works for other enhancements, that could let you bypass DR. As they are, they deal 1d2+4d6+1d4 damage, before flat bonuses to damage or power attack or anything. Or about an average of 18 damage before said bonuses. Each. Consider that. And then he repeats it next turn.

But my character is just a simple Scout with a measly two attacks per round for now. :(
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 31, 2013, 06:42:21 pm »

:/ I get a bad feeling that I'm less optimized than I thought I would be in this...Could someone take a look at my sheet and tell me what could be improved and such?

Also, Remuthra, does vertical distance(when going down) count for range increments, and can I get some extra leeway vertically? I think a 30' radius hemisphere around my target is a bit silly. What about a 40' tall, 30' radius cylinder?

Also, how's this for a monk build:
(Halfling or Human?) Monk 11/Swashbuckler 3/Master Thrower 5/?
Max out Sleight of Hand, Dexterity, and Intelligence. Rest goes in Constitution. Take Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Two-Weapon Fighting, and possibly Weapon Focus (Shuriken)(For Exotic Weapon Master, if you want to use Stunning Blow), Manyshot & Improved Rapid Shot, Improved Precise Shot, maybe more. Various things could go in the last level; it would have been Rogue for Ascetic Rogue, since the table says the levels stack for sneak attack damage, but the feat description says it stacks for unarmed strike damage(although a level with the many and various items that boost sneak attack damage still isn't a bad idea). Sad. Even more ridiculously overpowered otherwise, but sad. Really not too feat intensive, all said.
For thrown weapon tricks, take Palm Throw, Sneaky Shot, and Weak Spot.
With the current rules, at least, this is what it ends up being;
Base Attack Bonus: +19/+14/+14/+14
Flurry of Blows: +19/+19/+19/+14/+14/+14
Rapid Shot: +17/+17/+17/+17/+12/+12/+12
Haste or a similar effect: +17/+17/+17/+17/+17/+12/+12/+12
Two-Weapon Fighting: +15/+15/+15/+15/ +15/+10/+10/+10 and +15/+15/+15/+15/ +15/+10/+10/+10.
So a total of 16 attacks(or at least attack rolls). Each of which includes two shuriken. Thirty-two shuriken. Every round. 320 shuriken per minute, aka faster than the original Gatling Gun. Against your touch AC, and effectively whilst you are flat-footed. Just shuriken, though, right?
But these shuriken are special. They are, each and every one, +1 Teleporting Shocking Frost Flaming Corrosive Sonic Shurikens. Add whatever you like else to them. Wounding, Construct-Bane, Magebane, whatever. Preferably stuff to deal with energy resistance and damage resistance, as well as creatures immune to precision based damage. Can even have multiple sets each designed to kill different enemies, quite easily. Wounding will slaughter anything not undead, or immune to crits. If the character is undead, could have Profane to inflict negative levels. Depending on how Force works for other enhancements, that could let you bypass DR. As they are, they deal 1d2+4d6+1d4 damage, before flat bonuses to damage or power attack or anything. Or about an average of 18 damage before said bonuses. Each. Consider that. And then he repeats it next turn.

But my character is just a simple Scout with a measly two attacks per round for now. :(
Vertical does affect range.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57