Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115952 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #390 on: October 31, 2013, 12:35:11 am »

Depends, do they cast at all?

Wait.  I can understand your dismay at wizards and clerics (even if I fervently disagree), but do you hate any casters at all? 

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 31, 2013, 12:40:02 am »

Hmm... Remuthra, any ruling on building a stronghold at all? Also, I'd prefer that we sell any captured ships initially. Crew and supplies will cost a LOT, and only getting worse with the more crew we have to support. Mind you, our initial ship is VERY good considering the options we have for it. If we can, we should try and get it as a masterwork and plate it in mithral, so not only does it go about 5-15 ft per round faster, it's a lot tougher to cripple. Masterwork is the only thing we need at creation though, since we can plate it afterwards (And that plating would be horrendously expensive).

Also, team Dishonourable lacks any casters (That can be blasty at any rate.), so any boat we want to scuttle has to be done the hard way. Not that I mind if all the casters will be damned wizards >.>

Good point on selling the ships.

I'd rather a healer, or somebody with fun Necromancy spells to make use of the corpses we are likely to collect on our adventures.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 31, 2013, 12:41:51 am »

Couldn't an evil cleric do both?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 31, 2013, 12:48:09 am »

Alright, so I've lost track of the thread (27 pages lol) but is everyone else on an evil crew now?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 31, 2013, 12:51:15 am »

Alright, so I've lost track of the thread (27 pages lol) but is everyone else on an evil crew now?
I don't believe so?

Also, just a heads-up, necromancy is probably not going to be all that popular on the neutral ship.
Not because we disapprove of necromancy itself, mind, but because the crew is likely to be mostly Kobolds, and they need food.
Actually, skeleton necromancy is fine. We'll even clean them for you first!
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 31, 2013, 12:58:15 am »

The idea seems to be that since there's two people who want to play Dread Pirate, each of them is going to build a crew, one full of bad guys and one full of good guys.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 31, 2013, 01:04:19 am »

Yeah, well hows it shaking out? I don't exactly want to do a one player game, being one of the few CG characters.

I could make myself EBIL, I suppose.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 31, 2013, 01:19:21 am »

It's you, me and probably one or two more people on Team Honor.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 31, 2013, 01:25:20 am »

If necessary I can actually build a character, but it'd be more for amusement of playing rather than actually roleplaying.  It would definitely be a Barb/Sorcerer with Energy Substitution taken 4 times and grabbing Body of the Sun and just running around with quadcopy of that spell.  Because ~20d4 per round as a Barbarian sounds funny.

Actually, would need some CL increasers.  Thank god for Rage Mage.  Barb 2/Sorcerer 4, L1 Feat Combat Casting, L3 Feat Empower Spell, L6 Feat Energy Substitution (Cold)?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 31, 2013, 02:16:58 am »

I know I'm a little late to the party but: Lorahana, the half-elf who is TOTALLY not a Doppelganger named Nigma, Rogue 1, Assassin 5, with a slight case of multiple personality disorder.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 31, 2013, 02:19:45 am »

Hmm... Remuthra, any ruling on building a stronghold at all? Also, I'd prefer that we sell any captured ships initially. Crew and supplies will cost a LOT, and only getting worse with the more crew we have to support. Mind you, our initial ship is VERY good considering the options we have for it. If we can, we should try and get it as a masterwork and plate it in mithral, so not only does it go about 5-15 ft per round faster, it's a lot tougher to cripple. Masterwork is the only thing we need at creation though, since we can plate it afterwards (And that plating would be horrendously expensive).

Also, team Dishonourable lacks any casters (That can be blasty at any rate.), so any boat we want to scuttle has to be done the hard way. Not that I mind if all the casters will be damned wizards >.>

Good point on selling the ships.

I'd rather a healer, or somebody with fun Necromancy spells to make use of the corpses we are likely to collect on our adventures.

Pirates don't sell ships, silly. Well, not good ships anyway. We give them to one of our officer mook guys, then have him crew it and pirate with it; flying our flag above his own and giving us say... 10-20% of the loot. That's how an armada begins ;D

Edit: Immaterial, your sheet isn't set to public ;)
Love, scriver~

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 31, 2013, 03:10:34 am »

Edit: Immaterial, your sheet isn't set to public ;)
Bugger. Never used Myth-Weaver before. Should be fixed.

Two people approach both ships: One is a CG Half-elf woman, boasting of powerful spellcasting ability and a great time while drunk. The other is a quiet dwarf who claims to be able ensure that any man or woman he is ordered to kill will not see the sunrise. They are both taking offers, and tell you both that they are exploring other options, so if they were interested, they should act fast.

Time to go plan my new intelligent weapon, on the off chance Remuthra is cool with it.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 31, 2013, 03:13:25 am »

How exactly are you qualifying for Assassin at level 1?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 31, 2013, 03:39:49 am »

Do you mean at level two? 44 skill points is how.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 31, 2013, 03:46:51 am »

You can't have ranks in a class skill higher than your level + 3. You need a minimum of five levels to get the 8th skill ranks in Hide and Move Silently.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57