Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 26: Victory and Defeat]  (Read 24941 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 13: Dodge]
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2013, 06:10:16 pm »

Not much, at least not that I saw.

I got a neat sword, though. And there are three shadowy figures in the Center talking about quests.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2013, 06:15:25 pm »

Quests?!
to the middle of town we go!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2013, 09:21:16 pm »

Turn 14: Reinforcement

To the figures
"At the moment, ripe."
"You can see them right here."
"Wisdom come with age."

[6][2][2] "Then haste is of the essence.

In the city to the north, there dwells a great horned beast. Its master may not part with it willingly, but you must slay this creature and claim its horn as your own."

Action: Head back to guard base to use all these coins for construction...is that it works?/b]

((Note, will be off line for awhile. Auto me to do something useful.))
You return to base and order the construction of a new building. Made of plain marble and pleasing to the eye, it stands ready to house some of your peoples' finest warriors.

It will take some time for them to reach the front lines, but once there you have no doubt they will prove a force to be reckoned with.

-18 Gold Coins

Suntouched Warriors [L3]
4/4 HP
1 Att
Fervor 1: Deals 1 damage to enemy army when this unit dies.

Take Shinja's gold, tell him to level up both attack and HP, then buy a LiveWood1 Protector's Hut2 from some of the layabout Ferretujn mages. Return to cowering behind the tower afterwards, if possible.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Hey, you updated the first post with useful graphics and more info without telling us!)) NinjaOwl!
You relieve your comatose companion of his idle gold, massage his cheeks until he feels stronger and tougher, and round up some of your lazy kin for some good ol' fashioned plant growing. Your Protectors should start turning the tide shortly.

+3 Gold Coins, -3 Gold Coins

Ferretujn Protector Apprentices [L1]
2/2 HP
0 Att
Regeneration 1: This unit heals 1 HP each turn.

"Here's a couple fingers to direct you." He points the back of his hand at them before raising his index and middle fingers.
(This gesture is considered rude in some countries, in case you didn't know. I figured it would be classier than just flipping the bird.)

Head to the Plains.
You arrive at the Plains.

Quests?!
to the middle of town we go!
You hurry to the Plains, being unable to make the journey from the Guard Base to the Center in one go.

Combat
-R
Guards reinforce
[6] vs [2], Murmurs win!
Guards take 11 damage, lose 6 infantry
+6 XP, Gold Coins: Shinja, Dokiryn

Plains
The Techwitch mercenaries at the Trading Post appear to be arguing loudly. Some consider Dokiryn's hut to be an insulting offer and insist they wait for a proper one, while others argue that it's the best offer they're going to get and that there's no point just sitting there. In the absence of more fitting accommodations, it seems likely that they will eventually accept and resentfully join up with the Murmurs.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 14: Reinforcement]
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2013, 09:35:08 pm »

Head to Murmur Base.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2013, 09:49:23 pm »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAMoneyAtLast

Rob Shinja again, upgrade my own attack, then upgrade both huts to houses.

Spoiler: Flavor (click to show/hide)

Edit: Scapheap, you may take my spot in the field if you'd rather not go on a kill quest while you have no attack.
Can we get a replace for Errol? He just doesn't seem interested, and dragging a zombie around doesn't seem quite right for balance.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:17:47 pm by Nirur Torir »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2013, 10:21:34 pm »

keep to the center!
Alan help.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2013, 04:57:34 pm »

Turn 15: Undead

Head to Murmur Base.
You join up with your forces, whose path to the Murmur Base is still blocked by Murmurs.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAMoneyAtLast

Rob Shinja again, upgrade my own attack, then upgrade both huts to houses.

Spoiler: Flavor (click to show/hide)

Edit: Scapheap, you may take my spot in the field if you'd rather not go on a kill quest while you have no attack.
Can we get a replace for Errol? He just doesn't seem interested, and dragging a zombie around doesn't seem quite right for balance.
((I'll try poking him more.))

You rob your zombie again, feel stronger, and upgrade both structures.

-6 Gold, -6 Shinja's Gold, -10 XP, +1 Att

Ferretujn Protector Novices
4/4 HP
0 Att
Regeneration 1: Recovers 1 HP per turn

keep to the center!
[3] You arrive at the Center. The three hooded figures are still swirling around near a distracted-looking spider lady.

Quote from: Aut0-Dwarm
Head to Plains
You head to the Plains.

Battle
-R
Murmurs reinforce
[2] vs [1], Murmurs win!
Guards take 15 damage, lose 7 infantry
Kaybull takes 1 damage
+7 XP, Gold Coins: Shinja, Dokiryn
+14 XP: Kaybull

Auction House
Kaybull once again wins the bid with a single Gold Coin. He can go pick up his peculiar contraption any time.

The Bakerlings pull out something truly fascinating for their next auction, declaring that their next four items will be from the same source- supposedly relics of a vampire once named Vajinu Hezaa. While each item is capable of granting a boon to its holder, their power is apparently magnified by proximity to each other, making them stronger the more pieces of them you have.

The first item is Vajinu's Skull. It makes its bearers feel hardier.

Examining this item in person may reveal additional minor details.

[Turn 20] Vajinu's Skull [Vajinu's Relic: +2 HP per Vajinu's Relic carried]

Trading Post
Dokiryn's upgrade has convinced the Techwitches to wait a while longer. They will not choose a side until 5 turns after the latest effort to appease them.

The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 15: Undead]
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2013, 05:25:12 pm »

Hahn, shiz, quest? Or mystical artifact? Quest? Or...
Dammit, no coins.

"Hello! Hooded figures! What is it you require in services from me?"
don't say that again, never.
"and why would you want me to stop, exactly?"
shut up and concentrate on the task at hand, please.
Alan help.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2013, 05:53:20 pm »

"Sweet!"

Head to Baker City and the auctionhouse. Remember what I bought.
Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2013, 08:49:45 pm »

Hahn, shiz, quest? Or mystical artifact? Quest? Or...
Dammit, no coins.

"Hello! Hooded figures! What is it you require in services from me?"
don't say that again, never.
"and why would you want me to stop, exactly?"
shut up and concentrate on the task at hand, please.
The three figures break off from their spider and begin cycling around you.

"We seek a hero."
"The hero seeks its nature."
"Its nature seeks the hero."
"Which are you?"

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2013, 09:05:16 pm »

shit, wasn't expecting this.
what were you expecting, dipshit?
I'll let you take over then, you are the mental realisation of my diplomacy training anyway.
alright, let me think...
(Anything italicised is my thoughts by the way, just to have no confusion.)
"i am... I am a hero, one searching for my nature."
melodramatic much?
shut. Up.
Alan help.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2013, 09:18:08 pm »

((Finally, the Murmurs have turned back the swarming tides of countless enemies. Questions:
How do special abilities upgrade? As the unit levels go up, or with nearby buildings? Both, maybe? Can we add additional special abilities with nearby buildings?
Can I slip by the incoming enemy army, or do I need to go all the way around if I want to outbid GWG?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2013, 10:14:58 pm »

((Finally, the Murmurs have turned back the swarming tides of countless enemies. Questions:
How do special abilities upgrade? As the unit levels go up, or with nearby buildings? Both, maybe? Can we add additional special abilities with nearby buildings?
Can I slip by the incoming enemy army, or do I need to go all the way around if I want to outbid GWG?))
((Special abilities usually level up with their unit's level, though usually not linearly. The type and tier of unit and relative power of the special ability obviously play a role.

It would be possible to add special abilities through adjacency bonuses, but remember that troop producer bonuses tend to be very weak.

It would be very possible to add special abilities through buildings that are not troop producers, but do note that unit type and level would still play a role.

You cannot slip past hostile forces. You'll need to either go around or fight your way through... although, given how hard it is for an army to advance, I guess you'd have to go around.))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2013, 03:55:04 pm »

((Anyone object to me controlling my absent teammates at long range, but only one of them (or my character) getting a non-free action per turn?))

Dokyrin: Get Shinja's gold. Upgrade HP. ACTION: Upgrade the Protector's House to a Protector's Guildhall for 9 gold, to produce Dutiful Protectors.
Shinja: Upgrade Atk. Follow battle.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 21, 2013, 12:41:51 am »

Turn 16: Lull

"Sweet!"

Head to Baker City and the auctionhouse. Remember what I bought.
You retreat to the Plains, recalling that your purchase was a weird whirligig-thing.

shit, wasn't expecting this.
what were you expecting, dipshit?
I'll let you take over then, you are the mental realisation of my diplomacy training anyway.
alright, let me think...
(Anything italicised is my thoughts by the way, just to have no confusion.)
"i am... I am a hero, one searching for my nature."
melodramatic much?
shut. Up.
[6] "A hidden gem."
"A secret place."
"A sheathed blade."

They begin circling you closer.

"You will need testing."
"Tempering."
"Evaluation."

"Within the City there lies a weaponcrafter's work, resting on the wall of the Tinkleclaw's pet. Seize it and bring it to me."
"Within the Trading Post sits a Bru's blade whose wielder no longer desires it. Seek out one who is weary from battle, yet clings to it like an insect on a leaf. Relieve her of her burden, and carry it to me."
"Within the Emperor's own demesne lurks an abandoned asset from a calculating scribe. Secure it for yourself, and deliver it to me."

((Anyone object to me controlling my absent teammates at long range, but only one of them (or my character) getting a non-free action per turn?))

Dokyrin: Get Shinja's gold. Upgrade HP. ACTION: Upgrade the Protector's House to a Protector's Guildhall for 9 gold, to produce Dutiful Protectors.
Shinja: Upgrade Atk. Follow battle.

((I'm fine with people fully puppeting their absent allies around.))

You upgrade the guildhall and send your ally along to aid in the war.

+7 Shinja's Gold
-9 Gold Coins

Dutiful Protectors [L3]
4/4 HP
1 Att
Regeneration 2

Quote from: Aut0-Dwarm
Hold position
Not wanting to become overwhelmed by Murmur reinforcements, you wait at the Trading Post for conditions to improve.

Battle
Murmurs advance to M1, Guards advance to M2

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15