Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 26: Victory and Defeat]  (Read 24942 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Okay, I have no idea where I am. This 'trading post' isn't on the friggin' map! Ugh. And it doesn't help that I'm always a bit lost."

Head BACK to the center. Chat with those nice hooded men looking for champions like I planned to do this turn.
Convince the GM to let me retcon this to last turn, since he somehow interpreted "Go to the Center" as "Go PAST the Center".
Trading Post is located in the Plains; I assumed you meant "battle" when you said "center," since you were already at the latter. "Go to the Center" does not equal "Do this particular thing at the Center," but you can retroactively remain there if you'd like.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((Sure. The hooded people sound a lot more interesting than the battle.))

Chat with the folks at the center.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take companion, return to base and hide behind tower.

((Errol! Level up and use your gold to buy a level 3 troop building!))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Action: Retreat behind tower! Level up twice, taking 2 ATT
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Turn 13: Dodge

((Sure. The hooded people sound a lot more interesting than the battle.))

Chat with the folks at the center.
[6] The hooded figures circle you ominously, looming and leering with what appear to be glowing eyes of different colors.

"The champion rises."
"The seeker comes."
"The master calls."

"Name your first challenge," they chime in unison, before returning to speaking separately.

"There are those who must succeed..."
"There are those who must prevail..."
"There are those who must triumph..."

They continue to circle, apparently waiting for an answer.

Take companion, return to base and hide behind tower.

((Errol! Level up and use your gold to buy a level 3 troop building!))
You flee the might of the Emperor's shock troops, hiding behind your armored tower.

Action: Retreat behind tower! Level up twice, taking 2 ATT
You retreat to the Plains and flex your arms.

+2 Att, -20 XP

Combat
Next Murmur wave has yet to spawn; no active Murmurs on field!
Guards move to M1, Murmurs spawn at M0

Trading Post
There's strange rumors of an underground club of fighters meeting at or near the trading post. The fights are apparently quite dangerous, and led by three ringmasters- a slag pit fighter, some sort of halfling rogue, and a masked wizard.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 13: Dodge][Replacement Needed]
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2013, 04:49:55 am »

To the figures
"At the moment, ripe."
"You can see them right here."
"Wisdom come with age."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2013, 09:59:28 am »

Action: Head back to guard base to use all these coins for construction...is that it works?/b]

((Note, will be off line for awhile. Auto me to do something useful.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2013, 11:35:58 am »

"Wait, I can choose my challenge? What's stopping me from, say, selecting 'Stab the ground' as my challenge? This doesn't seem to be a very well-thought-out system..."

Attempt to get a between-turn response/clarification.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2013, 04:32:25 pm »

Action: Head back to guard base to use all these coins for construction...is that it works?/b]

((Noted, and yes. I'll try to figure something out if you're already gone, but do you know what you want?

More generally, the OP has been updated. It's still awful to read in places, but it's better and features a few pictures.))

"Wait, I can choose my challenge? What's stopping me from, say, selecting 'Stab the ground' as my challenge? This doesn't seem to be a very well-thought-out system..."

Attempt to get a between-turn response/clarification.
"Oh? Is that your purpose?"
"Is that your decision?"
"Is that your desire?"

You get the feeling "choose your challenge" means "accidentally pick one heroic quest or another," not "say you'll do something easy and then get paid for it."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2013, 04:39:20 pm »

((Just to spend all my loot on something to upgrade our base-no reason to let all dem coins go to waste. And then keep on fighting, of course))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2013, 04:43:30 pm »

Take Shinja's gold, tell him to level up both attack and HP, then buy a LiveWood1 Protector's Hut2 from some of the layabout Ferretujn mages. Return to cowering behind the tower afterwards, if possible.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Hey, you updated the first post with useful graphics and more info without telling us!)) NinjaOwl!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 13: Dodge]
« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2013, 04:48:49 pm »

((Ironic.))

"Well, why didn't you say...not that, per se, but something less confusing? Alright, I'll see what I can find. By the way, any quests off-limits?"
Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2013, 05:25:26 pm »

((Ironic.))

"Well, why didn't you say...not that, per se, but something less confusing? Alright, I'll see what I can find. By the way, any quests off-limits?"
"Confusing?"

"Do you need an arm to guide you?"
"A hand to lead you?"
"A finger to direct you?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2013, 05:39:38 pm »

"Here's a couple fingers to direct you." He points the back of his hand at them before raising his index and middle fingers.
(This gesture is considered rude in some countries, in case you didn't know. I figured it would be classier than just flipping the bird.)

Head to the Plains.
Sig

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2013, 06:09:12 pm »

Alrighty, forgot about this and everything for a week or so, let's see if I can get back into the game!
What's happened so far?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15