Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death  (Read 84890 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death
« Reply #405 on: October 25, 2013, 10:33:23 am »

Eh. Well, I can't afford masterwork plate and a +1 on the shield at the same time. The shield gives less extra AC, but is less complicated, and leaves me with a bit more money, so I'll go with that.

---

Alright. Upgraded my shield, purchased a Heavy War Horse, A few potions, And a back up set of lighter armor in-case I know I'm going somewhere where my Armor Check penalty will be a pain in the ass. I spent 2484 gold, so I have 116 left to use on horse supplies  and writing supplies if Grek isn't going to hand-wave those. I should hope keep a few GP around to feed my Horse until I find more monies, but other than that the rest can go to whatever grand construction project the party is working on.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=689171
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 10:40:43 am by Weirdsound »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 25, 2013, 11:34:14 am »

^^ I think I have finished my sheet, other than buying Horse Riding gear and Pen/Parchment for journals if Grek isn't going to handwave em. Let me know if anything isn't in order.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 25, 2013, 12:07:02 pm »

forgot to note your current exp
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 25, 2013, 12:20:52 pm »

That's just silly. Expeditions NEVER lasted past lunch time. Hell most stopped before brunch.

The trick is to start your expedition with a walking brunch.  Then you distribute sandwiches as soon as that is over that people nibble at so they have the fortitude to power on and forget about lunch.  Teatime is a minor enough interruption that if hosted artfully enough you can get people back on their feet afterwards, meaning that you can make it all the way to dinner.

See how important it is to bring a Hobbit along?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 25, 2013, 12:33:42 pm »

@Rolepgeek: If it's a martial weapon (or a racial weapon) it can't have reach and be one handed. If it's exotic (and not a racial weapon), sure.
Damnation. I really wanted a one-handed reach weapon. Granted, I can still have one, but it'll take a feat. Can I have it be one of those semi-racial weapons, where if you take Racial Weapon Proficiency it gives you proficiency with all the weapons that have your race's name in it? Like Dwarven Buckler-Axe and other weird shit?

Or, on the other hand, I could simply have a slightly changed Dwarven Waraxe that resembles a halberd.
I like pole arms. :3
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 25, 2013, 12:58:12 pm »

forgot to note your current exp

Fixed

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 25, 2013, 01:01:49 pm »

Don't forget to include your Base Attack Bonus (BAB) on the sheet, as well as your hit die. Make sure you've taken into account your con bonus for your hit points too, since you seem a bit low somehow.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 25, 2013, 01:10:41 pm »

Don't forget to include your Base Attack Bonus (BAB) on the sheet, as well as your hit die. Make sure you've taken into account your con bonus for your hit points too, since you seem a bit low somehow.

Gotcha. Thanks and fixed.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 25, 2013, 01:17:38 pm »

We can all agree that Tower Shields kinda suck right now, right?

Can I use an adjusted Tower Shield? :p I'm not entirely sure how I want to change it, but I just like the idea of playing what amounts to a Dwarven Tower Guard.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 25, 2013, 01:26:36 pm »

See how important it is to bring a Hobbit along?
Yup. Otherwise you might still be carrying around pounds of food by the end of the journey.

@Rolepgeek: If it's a martial weapon (or a racial weapon) it can't have reach and be one handed. If it's exotic (and not a racial weapon), sure.
Damnation. I really wanted a one-handed reach weapon. Granted, I can still have one, but it'll take a feat. Can I have it be one of those semi-racial weapons, where if you take Racial Weapon Proficiency it gives you proficiency with all the weapons that have your race's name in it? Like Dwarven Buckler-Axe and other weird shit?
Or, on the other hand, I could simply have a slightly changed Dwarven Waraxe that resembles a halberd.
I like pole arms. :3
You could try making a polewhip. Whips are one-handed reach weapons, aren't they? Tie a stick on the end of a whip. See how that works.
Probably badly, but let me know regardless.

We can all agree that Tower Shields kinda suck right now, right?
Any piece of gear that can give itself full cover is awesome.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 25, 2013, 01:34:30 pm »

The shield can give ... itself ... cover?

Incepshield.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 25, 2013, 01:37:35 pm »

Incepshield.
Except against spells. Which is why it's not all that great. Plus, Rule of Siege Weapons; You do not get cover against Siege Weapons, unless said cover is at least three feet thick and made of stone.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 25, 2013, 01:40:20 pm »

Check it out:

Buy 6 tower shields
Buy some nails, 2 hinges, and a hammer
=
Inexpensive house! With hardwood flooring.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 25, 2013, 01:40:55 pm »

Incepshield.
A tower shield can give cover to you and all your equipment. A tower shield is part of your equipment. Do the math.

Incepshield.
Except against spells. Which is why it's not all that great. Plus, Rule of Siege Weapons; You do not get cover against Siege Weapons, unless said cover is at least three feet thick and made of stone.
1. *checks* That makes no sense. I'd give you cover from spells from a cover shield in the same way I'd disallow tower shields covering themselves: By saying "Ignore that bit".
2. I dunno, a foot-thick piece of metal seems like it would work. Or, really, a foot of stone. Or five feet of turf. Or a gullible hill giant. Or yo' mama.

Check it out:

Buy 6 tower shields
Buy some nails, 2 hinges, and a hammer
=
Inexpensive house! With hardwood flooring.
Wouldn't work. Tower shields are not square.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 25, 2013, 01:41:42 pm »

1. Stupid incomplete wiki. Four minutes IIRC, half that if donned hastily.
So I can throw on full plate without help? Sweet?
On your own, you need four minutes to don it hastily, which gives penalties of sorts that I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly.
So, technically...
It takes 4 minutes to put on Half/Full Plate on your own, which is "donned hastily".  The armour value for hastily donned Half-Plate is equal to Banded, and the -7/-8 armour check penalties you'd have with hastily donned Plate are pretty severe.  Also, heavy.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 58