Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Mandate - Imperial Space Russia Kickstarts into SPACE *Now with Prolouge*  (Read 9296 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I backed this game and it looks great. I can't believe though, that this game got so much money, while it's more than 2 years from completion while the game I am working on is playable already, 6 months from completion and is struggling to get funded. It's so hard to get the word out this time of year, with holiday sales and console releases hogging all of the press!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I backed this game and it looks great. I can't believe though, that this game got so much money, while it's more than 2 years from completion while the game I am working on is playable already, 6 months from completion and is struggling to get funded. It's so hard to get the word out this time of year, with holiday sales and console releases hogging all of the press!

I know what you mean, but to be fair they put a MASSIVE amount of effort into their campaign getting the word out and the number of updates and teasers. I think they did a good job showcasing the tech they have already and showed that they had a professional team behind the ambitious idea.

That being said, it didn't look like it was going to meet it's goal for the large majority of the campaign and it wasn't until the last week or so that backing went into overdrive.

Do you have a page talking about your game? I'm interested to take a look!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair, they've been working their way into some of that press space the whole time, it just only got more prolific near the end of the campaign... despite the poor timing.

Ninjas
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know what you mean, but to be fair they put a MASSIVE amount of effort into their campaign getting the word out and the number of updates and teasers. I think they did a good job showcasing the tech they have already and showed that they had a professional team behind the ambitious idea.

That being said, it didn't look like it was going to meet it's goal for the large majority of the campaign and it wasn't until the last week or so that backing went into overdrive.

Do you have a page talking about your game? I'm interested to take a look!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2122031929/novus-aeterno-a-true-aaa-mmorts

We have a team of 26 professional developers and the game is feature complete with hundreds of testers already playing. We are battling against the press coverage of consoles and holiday sales though. The Mandate got $200,000 in funding after one major story in the press and we are hopeful to get the same moment. We have a bunch of important industry people like the founder of Westwood Studios who praise our game, but until sites like RPS back us, nothing is going to happen. Thanks for taking a look.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Mandate - Imperial Space Russia Kickstarts into SPACE *Now with Prolouge*
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2015, 03:02:32 pm »

Skeletons.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate/posts/1363571

This officer/crew non-micro things is pretty awesome... anyone know any other game that does something like this?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Azazass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, this game seems awesome.

PTW.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whelp, it seems that this one has officially failed 100%.  It had pretty cool world building.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

That's a shame. I really enjoyed the progress posts they were doing for a while.

Where did you hear that it is officially dead? I haven't gotten any kickstarter updates from them in a long time, but haven't really followed up on it outside that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd say the forum.  Saw the post about it a month or so ago, forum moderators saying that noone from the mandate office is around anymore and hosting was just running down on the clock.  I just finally got around to saying it here. 

Looks like the website is down now.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

That's a shame.

Would have been nice if they had at least sent out a 'Sorry, guys, but this isn't going to happen after all' notice. And, you know, maybe released what they did have. There was quite a lot of stuff in some of those updates and it looked like they had at least some working systems at one point if not a wholly functional game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Definitely a big shame. I remember checking occasionally to see if anything had been posted, but I'm definitely not surprised to see the site shutdown.

It's too bad because it seemed like a solid concept/game - guess they suffered from overscope.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]