Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48

Author Topic: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!  (Read 64534 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!
« Reply #405 on: November 07, 2013, 05:57:16 pm »

I'm suspecting that this tunnel may in some way be connected to the wizard. This could be his back door or something.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 08, 2013, 01:03:42 am »

I'm suspecting that this tunnel may in some way be connected to the wizard. This could be his back door or something.
Maybe he steals voices to make these mouth things. Whatever they do.

LegendaryWoodBurner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 08, 2013, 01:05:45 am »

Maybe the mouth is continuously casting the spell required to keep the force-field up? We should muffle it somehow.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 01:08:04 am by LegendaryWoodBurner »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 08, 2013, 01:34:33 am »

Maybe the mouth is continuously casting the spell required to keep the force-field up? We should muffle it somehow.
Shove our cloak inside the mouth then hold it in case it falls out?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 09:53:51 pm by Cain12 »

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting retarded ideals since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 09, 2013, 10:11:34 am »

-1 to above. we need our cloak to keep us warm. It would be better for us to just continue in our search for the gremlins and ignore the inaccessible loot.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 09, 2013, 12:27:56 pm »

Not like we I plan to leave it, just check that it works, then we can come back with something else to do it properly.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 07:55:46 pm by Cain12 »

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 10, 2013, 08:18:12 am »

fine. i see no reason why we cannot do that.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 11, 2013, 02:16:07 pm »

You take off your fur cloak, wad it up, and jam it into the mouth. The speech is muffled and blocked, and the mouth is having a hard time moving, but every time you let go the cloak falls out and the mouth starts whispering normally again. There was no effect on the shimmering screen on the west side of the room.

You grab some salamander flesh and toss it at the screen. The flesh bounces off. The screen pulsates where you struck it but then goes back to normal operation.

You try to wipe off the blood on the floor but it's sticky. You'll need a lot of water to clean up.

Claire, Charlotte, and Pearl are here. Everyone is completely covered in blood.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 11, 2013, 02:39:20 pm »

Now that e know that the forcefield is not dependent upon the mouth's intonations, I suggest we backtrack to the previous are and continue looking for the gremlins. I also suggest we drop our rocks for the time being to be less encumbered.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 11, 2013, 02:55:46 pm »

This seems like a good place to cache our extra supplies for the time being. Let's get them gremlins!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 11, 2013, 05:29:43 pm »

You drag the three sacks of raw salamander steaks into the charred room and drop off your rocks.

(I carefully counted again for everyone a couple times, but I had made a mistake on Jeffrey and Claire - Claire had 3 too many and Jeffrey 1 too few. It's correct now.)

You head out north into the river tunnel and west in a downriver direction. You eventually come out into the light. Now the sides of the river are more rocky, with the banks mostly piles of boulders with occasional gravel beaches. The road is a short and relatively easy climb, about 10' diagonally. The river continues around a bend.

Next to the road there's an upright boulder with a flat face, with some engravings.

Claire, Charlotte, and Pearl are here. Everyone is completely covered in blood. It's light out but the sun hasn't quite crested the eastern mountains.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 11, 2013, 05:47:03 pm »

Read the engravings, why not.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 11, 2013, 06:52:01 pm »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 11, 2013, 06:56:37 pm »

Read the engravings, why not.
+1

Then, assuming it is another ad for the Springa Inn, or something else that dosn't grab our attention with a new quest or whatnot, continue to let the women lead you to the Gremlins.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 11, 2013, 07:38:31 pm »

Spoiler: Dem Boulders (click to show/hide)

You continue onward and finally, around a bend of the river you come to an open valley. Ahead there's a cliff edge and below, spread between the arms of the mountains, is a glorious mist-shrouded forest. A ray of sunlight pierces the air from the mountains behind you as you gaze down and reflects off a ribbon of river far below.

To the south there's a rocky promontory with a huge ruined pile of wooden structures leaning and sagging into each other, covered in tapestries of moss. Some trees grow up the slope and lean out over the precipice, their roots dangling. The road branches, going south up the hillside to the wooden ruin. It continues from the split up to the cliff, where it turns and crosses the river with a fine, sturdy stone-block bridge. It then continues downward, zigzagging and cutting into the cliff face, to the bottom. The bridge has a pair of stone pillars built to lean at a steep angle , their bases extending upriver and their crowns sticking out into the sky over the cliff edge.

The riverbed runs under the bridge and plunges straight down to the basin at the bottom, where there is a big pile of boulders and a still-shadowed pool below them. Only a trickle flows from the pool down the Lower River at this point; the tributaries they mentioned must come in farther downriver.

The area is quiet. There are no birds, no beasts. In the upper wood you saw occasional animals, but none here.

Claire, Charlotte, and Pearl are here. Everyone is completely covered in blood. The dazzling winter sun shines at the top of the eastern mountains, surrounded by an enormous halo.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48