Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48

Author Topic: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!  (Read 64498 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!
« Reply #435 on: November 13, 2013, 07:00:51 pm »

Yeah. I'd take a decent metal smithy tool over a flimsy goblin spear anyway. Be a gentleman and let Pearl pick where to search next.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 13, 2013, 07:14:41 pm »

You examine the forge implements that are scattered around. There's a chisel with pitted edges, and rusted so thin that there are holes all the way through. You break it into two pieces with your fingers. There are the rotted remains of a bellows, now reduced to just the wooden reinforcing parts studded with metal and some crumbs of leather. Long, thick tongs that crumble as you pick them up and flex them.

Charlotte stands on the forge and searches the rafters, finding nothing. Pearl digs around in the coal bin outside, finding nothing. Claire keeps watch with her bow.

You ask Pearl where the group should search next. "Doesn't matter much, the entrance could be anywhere," she replies, "But I guess the barn would be quick."

You head next door to the barn with the women, Claire more alert for gremlin danger than searching.

The barn turns out to be a stable, with rows of stalls along the back wall and empty spaces and wooden tables along the front (inside). There's a ladder up to a loft above the stalls, with windows looking out over the lower floor.

The compound is arranged like this, with descriptions you can tell from the outside, or a more detailed italicized description if you've explored it:

[North, overlooks bridge]

Two-Storey     Tall Square Building     Open Space

[West, overlooks cliff]    Stable                    Well                    Entrance Gate    [East, down to road]

Smithy Shed          Lodge              Cottage

[South]

You're in the stable.

The area is quiet.

Claire, Charlotte, and Pearl are here. Everyone is completely covered in blood, and Pearl is also caked with black coal dust.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 13, 2013, 07:20:33 pm »

Let's check them all clockwise, then. Two-storey's next.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 13, 2013, 10:23:34 pm »

Let's check them all clockwise, then. Two-storey's next.
+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 13, 2013, 10:49:31 pm »

Send Charlotte to search up the ladder in the barn before moving on.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 14, 2013, 01:34:13 am »

I say smithy first. METAHL GOOD.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 14, 2013, 02:46:17 am »

We already checked the smithy.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 14, 2013, 03:09:35 am »

We already checked the smithy.
Well. Derp. Yeah, two-storeys.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting retarded ideals since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 14, 2013, 11:09:28 am »

I concur. to the two story building!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 14, 2013, 03:48:33 pm »

(By the way, when I change the "map" it doesn't mean I'm saying the place has been completely cleaned out and is finished - I'm just giving more information about it than you can see from the outside. Consider it to mean "we've been in there".)

You ask Charlotte to check out the loft, and she climbs up the rickety ladder expertly. She returns a few minutes later shaking her head and descends.

You head out and into the two-storey building next door. Inside are shelves of dusty bottles, bins of hardware, and tools.

The building is drier than the smithy and many tools are still in usable condition despite the surface rust. There are axes, sickles, a plough, carpentry hammers, and various less-identifiable tools.  Other goods are far gone, such as dry old rope and a couple rotted saddles.

The bottles are either narrow-necked with waxed corks, or squat jars with hinged lids. You'd need to open them to identify the contents, for the labels are peeled off and faded white.

The bins hold things like nails, bolts, hinges, bricks of soap, bricks of beeswax, rolls of dry twine and thin wire. These are generally rusted together into solid chunks, though the soap and wax for example could be good still. Beside the bins are great sacks which have been torn open. Nothing from inside remains.

A hall in the back has a staircase leading up, a door under the stairs, and a side room off the hallway.

The compound is arranged like this, with descriptions you can tell from the outside, or a more detailed italicized description if you've explored it:

Store          Tall Square Building     Open Space

[West, overlooks cliff]    Stable                    Well                    Entrance Gate    [East, down to road]

[South]

You're in the store, ground floor.

The area is quiet.

Claire, Charlotte, and Pearl are here. Everyone is completely covered in blood, and Pearl is also caked with black coal dust.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 14, 2013, 04:00:20 pm »

Grab an axe, of course, and ask how valuable the soap might be.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 14, 2013, 04:03:59 pm »

We should consider dropping the meat and taking as many useful tools as we can carry.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 14, 2013, 04:10:44 pm »

Swap spear for an axe. Check out the side room and upstairs for other goods before making other inventory decisions.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 15, 2013, 03:02:52 pm »

We should consider dropping the meat and taking as many useful tools as we can carry.
The meat is already dropped, back in the river tunnel with the force-field. Someone in your team is carrying around the salamander's head and hide, which you could drop. Also, you can carry more than your 20 item limit but if you're over-encumbered you move slower and things are harder to do.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 15, 2013, 03:15:15 pm »

You drop your flimsy goblin spear and grab a rusty axe instead. You turn to ask about whether the soap is valuable and see Charlotte (who, we must remember, are covered in sticky dried blood) already carving it up into smaller bricks. She takes a brick and Pearl and Claire each take a smaller chunk.

"It's not especially valuable," Pearl says, "anybody can make soap with wood ash and fat, but we don't have any."

You check out the back room, which has a bed, chest of drawers with a broken mirror on the wall above it, some individual shelves nailed into the walls, and a chest. Everything is trashed, the shelves swept bare, knickknacks all over the floor. The chest is open and clothes pulled out, piled up next to it. The clothes are old, full of holes, threadbare, but possibly serviceable. Some leaves and dust are on the floor but it's otherwise uncarpeted bare wood planks like in the front shop area.

Your Lame Torch is still lit, but it'll be completely consumed soon.

Store          Tall Square Building     Open Space

[South]

You're in the store, ground floor, back room. There's a hall outside with stairs up, a door under the stairs, and the hall opens up into the front shop area.

The area is quiet.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48