Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 48

Author Topic: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!  (Read 64545 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!
« Reply #375 on: November 06, 2013, 05:56:06 am »

Just stab at it. If it's dodging us, and we're not hurting it, at least it's distracted. The spear seems like the safer option, on that note.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 06, 2013, 06:15:39 am »

I don't know, I think we should practice this bard thing

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 06, 2013, 10:48:45 am »

Lets wait until we aren't fighting a salamander, maybe play a small victory song once we win.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 06, 2013, 11:48:24 am »

Lets wait until we aren't fighting a salamander, maybe play a small victory song once we win.

+1

Right now we're fighting a wounded, angry, and fairly aggressive fire lizard. If we were already an accomplished bard then singing at it might have been worth a try, but we're not, so right now it's just going to get our allies killed.

Fight now, sing afterwards for the practice.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting retarded ideals since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 06, 2013, 12:53:03 pm »

+1 to above. lets end this!
Also, when we kill the Salamander, hopefully its remains will provide promising loot for future endeavors (alchemy perhaps?)

LegendaryWoodBurner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 06, 2013, 01:06:20 pm »

Salamander skins are almost universally thought to be resistant to fire (they would have to be) and its blood is thought to have the same property as well. I propose that once we kill this thing we butcher it and attempt to harvest every bit of its body. We should also ask the girls what they know of its magical properties.

Right now I'm leaning towards a nice salamander skin cloak or cape once we're finished.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 06, 2013, 01:43:23 pm »

There's some awkward dodging and hustling before anything more happens conclusively. Pearl seems indecisive about whether to change weapons or rush to Claire's aid. The salamander is about to turn and flee but you strike first.

You stab the salamander through the roof of its mouth, piercing its brain. The flimsy spear is, surprisingly, still in one piece. Warm blood sprays down onto your arms. The salamander drops dead right in front of you.

Charlotte, just as it's falling, sinks her sword into its flank. Warm blood flows out around the wound and over her sword-arm.

Pearl makes up her mind and goes to help Claire. She's badly burned and unconscious. Pearl administers the healing potion from her pouch, pouring it between Claire's lips.

Claire's body begins bleeding profusely from her wounds. The blood cleans the blackened flesh and it begins to regrow and knit back together. The flow stops as the last patches of skin knit back together into scars, which dry and slough off leaving fresh pink skin behind. Claire heaves and turns over to her hands and knees and gulps the air for some moments.

Knowing Claire is going to be ok, you whip out the ocarina and play an appropriate victory song.

You set about skinning the salamander. The knife Charlotte threw is slightly melted and will need to be sharpened again. She stows it. The arrow Claire shot is nowhere to be found. The salamander's corpse is warmer than a normal animal and it steams in the cold air, but it's not especially dangerous. Claire is the best at butchering game, and does an okay job - there's enough usable salamander hide for three large articles of clothing (cloak, dress) or six small (shirt, pants, boots, gloves) but it will need to be stretched and tanned.

Unsure of whether the meat is good to eat, the women pack up several days' worth in three spare sacks just in case.

You also pick up your thrown torch.

You're in the river tunnel, on the riverbed. Upriver is east, downriver is west. The cut-out road is to the south. Across the road to the south is a smaller side tunnel.

Claire, Charlotte, and Pearl are here. Everyone is completely covered in blood.

Spoiler: Inventory: 20/20 (click to show/hide)

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 06, 2013, 02:05:26 pm »

"Well... That was rather eventful. Do you think Salamander parts are valuable Pearl? We might forsake hunting the Gremlins and take bits of this beast back to the cramp."

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 06, 2013, 03:05:18 pm »

Try taking its head as prove of our chosen oneness? As for what we make when we do (assuming that 1 big item is equal to 2 small items), a cloak, gloves, boots. The rest (either 1 big item, or two small items, again assuming we can switch and match)should be used for whatever the others need.
"Well... That was rather eventful. Do you think Salamander parts are valuable Pearl? We might forsake hunting the Gremlins and take bits of this beast back to the cramp."
+1, maybe make something for Nah with the leather?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 06, 2013, 03:09:26 pm »

I say we take the hide and tan it once we are outside of the tunnel

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting retarded ideals since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 06, 2013, 03:50:47 pm »

+1 to above, after we hunt the gremlins. Also we should continue from where the lsalamander came.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 06, 2013, 04:06:23 pm »

-1 to all crafting and tanning for now. I'm sure that will take several days at least, and we don't want to sit around in the middle of gremlin territory for several days waiting for hide to tan.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 06, 2013, 04:26:38 pm »

We may also want to investigate the tunnel it crawled out from. Who knows what might be found in its den? Delicious self-frying eggs?
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 06, 2013, 06:37:28 pm »

Thought it was given we weren't doing it now, hardly the best place and we have more important tasks, just drop the stuff off somewhere safe when we get the chance.
We may also want to investigate the tunnel it crawled out from. Who knows what might be found in its den? Delicious self-frying eggs?
+1

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 06, 2013, 07:30:51 pm »

+1
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 48