Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 48

Author Topic: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!  (Read 64423 times)

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
Re: Treebanned: You just got banned from the tree!
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2013, 09:59:04 am »

Before we light the fire i suggest we bury the corpse of the former inhabitant of this house. If we are to use this house at all, it would be the least we could do

Burn him in the fire, three birds (heat, corpse, food), one stone. Who cares about the smell of burning flesh, It  builds character.

More seriously, +1, Its the respectful thing to do. Besides, the place could be haunted. Better safe than sorry.

EDIT: Won't the ground be too hard in the cold for any digging? Could be be problem.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 10:09:47 am by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2013, 10:16:39 am »

Before we light the fire i suggest we bury the corpse of the former inhabitant of this house. If we are to use this house at all, it would be the least we could do
+1 Agreed, if the ground is too hard we could burn him outside to the best of our ability; wrap him in some carpet or sheets or something say some prayers, scatter the ashes around the area, if your feeling fancy. Also might attract people, which might be a good thing.
Edit: Then again IIRC its also windy so a fire might be hard as well.

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting retarded ideals since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2013, 12:15:37 pm »

That's A better idea than the one I thought up kero 42. +1 for you. I suggest we to it like this.

1. move skeleton to barn
2. move carpet to barn placing it against the wall
3. set carpet on fire (the shelter from the wind the barn provides allows the fire to grow to consume the structure.)
4. watch the barn and skeleton burn down in a spectacular funeral pyre.

or alternatively, we could just burn the body in the fireplace.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2013, 01:03:50 pm »

1. move skeleton to barn
3. set carpet on fire (the shelter from the wind the barn provides allows the fire to grow to consume the structure.)
5. As the barn is burning down play the ocarina

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2013, 01:26:02 pm »

That's A better idea than the one I thought up kero 42. +1 for you. I suggest we to it like this.

1. move skeleton to barn
+1.

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2013, 02:01:34 pm »

Glad to know you people approve of my idea... :)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2013, 02:17:46 pm »

You turn around and go back into the front room, taking some things from the shelf. It now only contains:

a Tiny Bird's Nest
a Strand of Carved Bone Beads
a Tiny Ceramic Giraffe
a Painted Pebble

You flick the engraved lighter open and rasp the striking wheel. On the second try it lights with a tiny yellow flame. You flick it shut and examine the engraving. On one side it has an engraving of a sun with wavy sunrays. On the other it says

Millennial Fair
Stachura
2000 AC

You enter the kitchen and pick up all the bones. There are tattered remnants of clothing but no equipment. You find the broken tip of a blade embedded in one of the vertebrae.

Once that's gathered up you try to pick up the carpet but it crumbles into frayed clumps at your touch. There is a wooden hatch underneath.

You head to the barn. You easily tear away wood from the structure to set up a pyre, and arrange the bones atop with the carpet chunks. You set it alight with the Engraved Lighter and it catches quickly. You back out of the barn and stand outside to watch.

Oh right, the ocarina. You pull it out and play. The fire warms you as the barn is consumed. Smoke rises into a huge column and blows away toward the eastern mountains. There's an exodus of small animals and birds fleeing the brush-filled "clearing".

After you play for a little while you turn around so your back warms up. This is actually kind of ni- ohshit. There was just a person in the house's attic window. You're sure of it.

Spoiler: Inventory: 10/20 (click to show/hide)

>

(EDIT: Forgot to update inventory weight)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 04:11:06 pm by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2013, 03:34:19 pm »

After you play for a little while you turn around so your back warms up. This is actually kind of ni- ohshit. There was just a person in the house's attic window. You're sure of it.

>

LOL, I knew something bad would happen. Somehow didn't see this coming.

P.S: I'm curious, what time period is it?
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Treebanned: Farmhouse shenanigans!
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2013, 04:14:51 pm »

If you mean time of day, you can't exactly tell because of heavy fog and clouds, but it's daytime and you've used up probably a few hours of daylight at least.

If you mean time of year, definitely Winter. It's cold, foggy, breezy, with a sprinkling of snow. Deciduous trees are bare of leaves and the ground is hard.

If you mean historical period, you don't remember. You can't really recall anything from before you met the Dryad. Of course, you can walk and talk and stuff, and you know the names of things like the barn and what a compass is. And you could read the engraving on the lighter.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2013, 04:24:05 pm »

Start dancing and screaming wildly around the fire, praying to the fire.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2013, 04:30:45 pm »

Start dancing and screaming wildly around the fire, praying to the fire.

Be wary/careful, the figure may wish us harm, especially after we burned down the shed.

OR...

Using the fire in the barn as a source, set fire to the house. Then follow Detoxicated's suggestion, only for the house.

Your pick, really,  :P

(I'm joking, of course, their could still be loot in the house, and we need shelter. and the figure could be helpful, or at least give some plot direction)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 04:34:56 pm by kero42 »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2013, 04:32:14 pm »

Could yell, start nice, apologize, ask it to come out/reveal itself, or if you can stay with it.
Could get mean with threats, but then we risk being attacked by an otherwise pleasant creature/person or may have to go through.
If that fails and nothing attacks us we could leave or brave entering, neither sound that ideal.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 04:34:16 pm by Cain12 »

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2013, 05:27:54 pm »

the figure we saw was probably the ghost of whoever killed the skeleton by stabbing it in the back. As our next course of action, I suggest we look into the hatch we uncovered inside the house. Anyone who went to great lengths to hide something like a hatch DEFINITELY must have had something in there.

LegendaryWoodBurner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2013, 05:35:48 pm »

I assumed ghost too, but we still need to make sure. That skeleton had a knife in it's back and this may be the person who did it.

The attic will be dark and thats exactly where we need to go, grab some nearby sticks and bundle them together. Wrap the remnants of the skeletons clothing around the far end and light on fire using the barn. A rudimentary, short-lived torch but a torch none-the-less.

Rush back into the house and set our spear somewhere safe, it will be too unwieldy in such close quarters. Prepare our knife in our dominant hand and the torch in the other.

Stand at the base of the stairs and shout for the person to show themselves.

Assuming they dont show themselves walk up the stairs (really carefully) making sure to check for traps along the way, if this is a bandit or a murderer they would be sure to guard their camp. Remain on alert at all times, prepare for an ambush.

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2013, 06:08:52 pm »

fine. but be careful. we do not want to burn the house down.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 48