Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 219148 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Remove low ratings too.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Remove lordcooper.
Shoes...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't like how enemy attacks do damage to my guys.  Stress has got to go too.

Stress can stay. The stress afflictions should go tho. Heroes with high stress should always get virtues instead.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Simon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The virtues/afflictions is a neat feature, though obviously in favor of afflictions. Which can seriously fuck up the stress levels of other party members, snowballing into a shitload of paranoid, cowardly, abusive mercenaries just standing there shouting expletives at each other while getting chopped into pieces by a pair of skeletons with swords and drinking problems.

Stress, in itself, is a great idea.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

My tier 2 team just fucked the collector up, big time.  Got two stuns in a row before he'd even acted, and by the time he had his heads up he was less than a third health and had three poison darts in him.

Killed him immediately after his second collect call, didn't eat a single headhunt.
Shoes...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Dungeon. Emotionally traumatize a team of adventurers. Darkest relea
« Reply #921 on: February 02, 2016, 10:20:00 pm »

Anyway, i LOVE the new quotes. I had a bounty hunter once say: "Its like that time in the weald.... except without all the spiders." I burst out laughing.

One mission I had in the weald, I found 3 beast corpses early on that I looted for 3 stacks of 12 food each. I already had brought 1 stack of 12 food for the sake of the medium length mission. 48 units of food in one mission. During camp my plague doctor commented "Who packed all this food? I could kiss you!"

Got a good chuckle out of me.

So, everyone, whos your favorite class? Mines bounty hunters. Decent dodge, great accuracy, they can knockback, stun, and bleed, and they have a greater damage output then a leper usually.
Abomination is probably my favorite. Good utility, good damage, pretty badass design in beast form, fun risk/reward aspect and requires some different party planning to get around the "no vestal or crusaders w/ abominations" restriction.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

People talking about the bounty hunter reminded me that I really want to try a party that does extra damage to marked enemies. I usually shy away from those, because it requires wasting a turn to get the mark out... but dayum, that bounty hunter has a +90% damage to marked target! The houndmaster gets buffs, and the arbalest too?

I've also tried a couple of runs without healers. They are... so far, surprisingly successful. Though, to be fair, I'm trying mostly tier 1 stuff still :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

I've had some pretty amusing moments with this. I don't know if it's the second coming but it's quite fun. I liked how it was way back in early access and I like all the new stuff they added to make the game more compelling like heart attacks and corpses and stuff.

I managed to get through all the first round of bosses and 12 guys to level 3 without even losing a single person. Was like, "meh, did they make it easier?". I took another group of low levels out to grind them some more when I saw some kind of funny stick with an orb in it that asked me to put a torch in it. I went, "K" and put a torch in it.

Only my leper survived that encounter and I was sweating balls.

Another moment was when I was using another group of lowbies to fight the cannon boss. No big deal again all the way to the end. No damage, no stress, large pile of loot, no problems. Judging by the other bosses this one would also have some kind of cheap gimmick but otherwise a cakewalk. Saw the cannon. Was like "meh." KABOOOOOOM! Retreat out of battle.

Hellion: "Alright bros, status check. I'm at 2hp."
Grave Robber: "Same."
Jester: "I'm on death's door."
Arbalest: "I think my pancreas is in my eyeball."

So yeah, that was pretty fun.

The Prophet was pretty amusing too, in a "fuck you and all you stand for" kind of way.

That being said, my core team of the four guys you literally start with seem to be invincible. It's like it gets way more easy at high levels. I'm also kinda annoyed I'm forced to use all these low tier shitstains because my other guys are too high level for these bosses.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

The houndmaster really comes into his own at higher levels.  At first I wasn't too impressed, he feels awkward in the same way Jester feels awkward, like he wants to do too many things and can't really do any of them.

But level 5 guard dog adds 25 dodge.  My houndmaster with blue-tier armor and the +12 dodge trinket had base 37 dodge.  With two guard dog buffs that's effectively 87 dodge on half your team.  Nothing hits him.  He's the ultimate tank.

So I've been taking him second row, since the first two rows take most hits.  Guard the front row if it's needed, or whoever's marked, or whoever you think they'll attack.  Nothing will ever hit him.  Hound's Rush also gets really strong later on, and the prot debuff on his mark is great.

EDIT:  Just did the first darkest dungeon.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:06:26 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

People talking about the bounty hunter reminded me that I really want to try a party that does extra damage to marked enemies. I usually shy away from those, because it requires wasting a turn to get the mark out... but dayum, that bounty hunter has a +90% damage to marked target! The houndmaster gets buffs, and the arbalest too?

I've also tried a couple of runs without healers. They are... so far, surprisingly successful. Though, to be fair, I'm trying mostly tier 1 stuff still :P
A mark party works pretty well. I took an arbalest, houndmaster, and two bounty hunters on a lvl1 weald mission once. Houndmaster typically did the marking, bounty hunters hit things until they died, and arbalest either healed or shot things until they died. Typically houndmaster went first every turn, so he got to mark things and the other party members could attack the marked target in the same turn.

This party would likely work well in the warrens too, since lots of pig dudes are either beast, human, or both, and bounty hunters gain damage against human targets, while houndmaster gains damage on beast targets. I think the party lacks aoe a bit aside from houndmaster's aoe bleed attack, but makes up for it with lots of passive bonus damage against certain targets.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Dungeon. Emotionally traumatize a team of adventurers. Darkest releas
« Reply #926 on: February 03, 2016, 09:40:04 am »

It would be funny if when a character was nonsensical and babbling, if the other characters eventuallly got tired of his shit

Jester: "HEEEHEEEHEEEHEEEE-
Bounty Hunter: "SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH"
Jester: "Every rose has its thorn teeheeheehee!"
Bounty Hunter: "Thats it, im done!"

*Jester has been Critically hit by Bounty Hunter!*
*Bounty hunter has relieved 20 stress!*

Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You forgot: "Party gains 20 stress!"
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Nope, the others have just given up on the jester by now.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't like how enemy attacks do damage to my guys.  Stress has got to go too.

So the thing with that is that stress and trauma are the entire points of the game. It's literally what is advertised about this game, and is the core mechanic/atmospheric aspect of the game.

You might have better luck playing another game. DD without stress is basically a crappy little mobile game or something, and that isn't fair to everyone else playing it who enjoys the stress/trauma mechanics.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 101