Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 219259 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

I wish Diseases didnt take so long to treat. Like, i have a few plague doctors just so i can embark, cure diseases then leave.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I'm making a DOGE cloak with all sorts of thiefy traits on it at the cost of reduced HP, and reduced Virtue chance in low torchlight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thief Doge needs a face mask/bandanna.

-edit-

Like so:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:46:45 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Due to a series of catastrophic runs of bad luck (though, unlike when I ragequit, ones that seemed basically reasonable), I was left with a level 5 party consisting of an Occultist, 2 Men-At-Arms, and 1 Crusader, all with top-tier armor. So, naturally, I'm basically playing Tanking: The Party, with both the Men-At-Arms dropping the Speed and Dodge buff every turn and the Occultist on pretty much full time healing duty. I'm beginning to suspect that the game's dodge mechanics are occasionally bullshit, though, as some enemies are reliably hitting a dude with 90 Dodge.

EDIT: Then the rest of the mission played out as expected. I guess I just had a run of bad luck in another form. Turns out the party setup is almost invincible, except when it comes up against an enemy party with stress-inducers in the back. Evidently attacks that are purely stress have a very high hit rate (or it was just more bad luck). One Crusader, even with +40% damage, can't chew through the front ranks fast enough, and taking Men-At-Arms off buff duty (to attack rank 3) for more than a turn is ruinous for survivability, with a very low damage payoff. Fortunately the one guy who got stressed decided to have a Virtue this time, which saved my bacon. Would've lost the party otherwise, so I can't complain too much.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 12:01:34 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So the game is going to go full release on the 19th.

There's a ton of stuff that's going to get pushed back to post release updates: namely town events, the musketeer (arbalest reskin essentially), the merchant class, and half a dozen other backer rewards are all being pushed to the spring/summer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't really blame them for missing a lot of their goals for release. They're a really small team and the standard of quality they set for themselves is pretty high. That said....it seems like a lot of time was spent mid-development for things that ultimately became optional or didn't have that much impact. Not sure if all the time last year was really all that wisely spent (I'm sure they could have spent some of that Darkest Cash on more team members but decided not to.) Still, I'm not unhappy with the results. I just hope it doesn't take 6 months before the actual, true, final game is released. TBH even calling it a full release is misleading these days. Games are in a perpetual state of change. Calling it release at this point is just a marketing gimmick and/or so they can say they weren't that far off of their Kickstarter schedule.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RESKINS?!?! OH DEAR GOD NO
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well it's technically more than a reskin. New model, new animations, probably new barks. Same abilities and gear though, IIRC.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well it's technically more than a reskin. New model, new animations, probably new barks. Same abilities and gear though, IIRC.
If they start making skinpacks.... Im gonna need a trip to the Sanitarium.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Same abilities and gear though, IIRC.

So...a junk class with nothing new to add. I really hope you're remembering incorrectly on that, because otherwise it sounds like a waste of dev time.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Same abilities and gear though, IIRC.

So...a junk class with nothing new to add. I really hope you're remembering incorrectly on that, because otherwise it sounds like a waste of dev time.
My point exactly.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They call it a class "variant." Not sure what exactly that means.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, if they tweak the stats, make it a sidegrade, im game. Kinda like what Evolves doing. Theres legit interest in that. But the aesthetics are already perfect. Dont mess with a great formula
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile

So, how is the game looking now compared to say, six or seven months ago? Wondering if I should give it a shot. Last time I played was pre-cove, and to be honest I was finding it a little bit meh. My guys felt pretty disposable compared with an X-com game, and I wasn't really even finding the difficulty to be that hard core.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More difficult, I think. Heroes aren't as disposable although with the ability to control quirks and get rid of diseases at the Sanitarium, they're easier to mold into what you want.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dah. I legitimately held a small funeral when my favorite plague doctor died.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

What are people's experiences with builds that don't have healers at all? Or do people find a single healer is enough?

I mean, the Vestal isn't that great. They have an ability that heals 3 points of damage to everyone (useful if you're going against enemies whose DPS is mostly AoE), but I don't find their usual heal ability is enough to keep characters alive against enemies that focus on single targets.

The occultist has RNG heal, which can be 10 (yes please) or 0+bleed (NOPE), but still seems to work better for me on average.

So I find myself having maybe a two healers generally reduces your damage significantly though. Maybe occulist+vestal with some offensive abilities levelled up? This kind of precludes using some really neat classes that need the two back rows.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 101