Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118177 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - New fortress!
« Reply #1395 on: August 19, 2014, 08:49:40 am »

East of duma?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: August 19, 2014, 08:53:48 am »

East of duma?

There isn't much space west of Dumathoin other than where we are, but there are almost no buildings east of it (in the 10000-12000, 2000-4000 area + a lot more around that) according to the maps.

Edit: greatorder, are you currently online?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 08:58:07 am by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: August 19, 2014, 09:08:37 am »

Now that we have decided to leave, can we have a vote on whether we go east or west of Duma?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: August 19, 2014, 09:18:48 am »

I'm going to be heading over to scout the place around -2600, 12500.  There's an intersection between grasslands, swamps, and what appears to be ice mountains.  Neverwhere is about 1.5 km east of there, and as that is about how far away it is from Titan, it seems to be a reasonable distance.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: August 19, 2014, 09:36:15 am »

I'm going to go explore around some places east of Duma; it looks like there could be some good spots there.

Edit: I died before I got there, but 3600, 12800, seems like an uninhabited ice mountain.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:06:38 am by TheDarkStar »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: August 19, 2014, 10:07:04 am »

I found a really nice spot at [REDACTED].  I'm going to post some screenshots soon.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:17:44 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: August 19, 2014, 10:15:32 am »

Screenshots I promised:

[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:17:56 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: August 19, 2014, 10:18:26 am »

I do like me a nice ravine. That forest/jungle? looks nice too.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: August 19, 2014, 10:26:50 am »

I'm traveling out right now to join you guys. It's taking me some time, as I spawned on the north-east portion of the map.

But I'll see what I can bring with me to help start this puppy up!

EDIT: Well that ended bad. Took a long fall down into someone's railway station. BLERGH.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:40:52 am by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: August 19, 2014, 10:53:34 am »

I went exploring, but didn't find any good places that weren't settled in some way. Zanzetkuken's spot looks good.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: August 19, 2014, 11:01:13 am »

So are we moving over there? I'll go with whatever we decide on, but hear me out.

Point of order: without us, Dumathoin is Population: 1, maybe 2, so I don't see why they own all of that land.

This here is a very interesting point indeed. What has Dumathion done for us, really? We were ignored, locked out of things, and our stuff got torn down. I had to punch through a wall to get out of the place because the doors were locked and diamond reinforced. How much do we really owe them? Marc's map shows very clearly that there's a whole lot of nothing to Dumathion's west. I don't see anything wrong with all of that space.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: August 19, 2014, 11:10:11 am »

We didn't exactly do much for dumathoin either, dale got more work put into it. Tahu and I almost certainly spent more time digging for diamond then we did on construction.
The main thing that space will buy you is privacy, chat range is 1000 meters and it's very annoying when people you've had disagreements with are talking inside your city :p

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: August 19, 2014, 11:13:35 am »

Clearly we just need to shaft mine a bunch of dirt and stone and create our own floating island we can build an underground fort in.  Who will bother us if the bottom of our island is sixty blocks above ground?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: August 19, 2014, 11:24:48 am »

Clearly we just need to shaft mine a bunch of dirt and stone and create our own floating island we can build an underground fort in.  Who will bother us if the bottom of our island is sixty blocks above ground?

This would be entertaining, but it could also work - as long as we have a way up there (basic idea - sand pillars for going up, and then a system to remove it by opening up a spot underneath).

Is moving to Neverwhere finalized?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: August 19, 2014, 11:49:15 am »

Is that the area Zan took screenshots of? It must be as the map seems to match. I love it.
Are we building to a theme? Will we have a set area for houses and the rest for civic buildings and etc, what will be built first and most importantly what is going underground?
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 97