Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118114 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Tahu and Gold, I need you to post requests.
« Reply #1365 on: August 18, 2014, 09:49:50 pm »

Putting things to be decided by poll is a Bay12 culture thing. Most other places I've visited don't do that. We like putting things to be decided by a poll. Most people here are comfortable with having decisions made like that.
I agree it's not applicable in all situations, but it's just how we do things around here.
The poll doesn't force people to comply, either. If someone wanted to stay behind in Dumathoin, we're not going to punish them or something silly for not abiding by the vote.

Drawing from both Elephant Parade's and Zanzetkuken's constitutions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anyone else is welcome to post their ideas on how we should govern ourselves. Once we decide on a bare-bones solution, probably by poll, whoever ends up in charge can sort out the finer details.

As far as aesthetics are concerned, I like the sound of lava, iron, and smooth stone/stone bricks. Maybe spruce in places, if they will grow in ice mountains.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 18, 2014, 10:37:34 pm »

The earth has been struck! Currently, we have some temporary wood shelters for storage, and we're working on an entrance.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: August 18, 2014, 10:42:43 pm »

The earth has been struck! Currently, we have some temporary wood shelters for storage, and we're working on an entrance.

I'm going to dive on around 4 or 5 am.  Need to sleep between now and then.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Judge_Indigo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: August 18, 2014, 10:56:01 pm »

At least it boils down to only one immature person now, was actually good getting to know the viewpoints of the others on here and how they could be reasoned with. Pros and cons of it I guess. :D

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: August 18, 2014, 10:58:26 pm »

So, here's what has been decided about design:

It will be some kind of shaft going down to near bedrock, with houses built into the walls and bridges going across. Lava or bedrock will be at the bottom. There will hopefully be space for art; if not, we can make an art gallery somewhere.

We need to decide on dimensions for the shaft (50x50? 100x100?). It will also be partly limited by the size of the mountain; someone will need to make some measurements.

I'll be on more tomorrow to organize things a bit more.

Edit: Farms will be on the field near the entrance unless someone has a better suggestion.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: August 18, 2014, 11:10:08 pm »

"How could I stay? You've outright said bay12'ers and I are untrustworthy, not worth anyone's time. If this is what you call respect, I hope I never truly upset you"
See it's unnecessary and rude comments like this that are hard to even work with, least I don't see how anyone WOULDN'T take offense to that.

I'm from the real world where men (adults at least) can talk about things in person. Not hide their feelings with whispers or these said posts.
Again, as "quoted" from before by Z...hell if I care what his name is (I'm not going to show respect to someone that doesn't show it to me)
You can take this post the wrong way, or you can actually reason and listen to someone that's willing to do the same.
"Bay12 isn't welcome into Dumathoin". I'm quoting myself just to simply beat the whispering rats to it. :)
It's called showing respect to others which clearly isn't a trait amongst many here aside from a select few.
Think about it, that bad habit should've been erased from everyone by end of grade 6. It's time to grow up and start listening and reasoning with one another.
If you all just blindly follow the ignorant person in front of you as ants would, then tread carefully, for the way of ants shows you that they're the means to their own demise.
Clearly you don't want to talk about it and work things out, so you're obviously not the material ANY good "Civ" needs.
How does this make you feel?

To IronyOwl, Gold isn't making you all "slaves" to work in his mountain, you don't HAVE to be here. Not that I see you in here anyways (as I can state for just about every single one of the posters in the last couple pages). Slaves, on the other hand, did have to be there and were killed if attempting to escape. You're as free to go as you were to come in. To those that have that "lets just leave" attitude, please do. Clearly you don't want to talk about it and work things out, so you're obviously not the material ANY good "Civ" needs. If you all just blindly follow the ignorant person in front of you as ants would, then tread carefully, for the way of ants shows you that they're the means to their own demise. Next time you think of even speaking my name, or any others name for that matter, you should get to know that person and hear them out first.
                                                                      -Sincerely the guy who just wrote you a fricken book...you're welcome.  ;)
That's a quibbling point and you know it; the whole point of my post was that leaving sounded better than staying because they were slaves while they stayed. Griping about the exact exodus potential of historical slaves doesn't sound like you disagree with the idea, just that you'd like to nitpick the semantics.

And in fact, even that much is untrue in a subjective sense, since you're stating that Gold is God while they stay, but that anyone who leaves is an unworthy cur whose departure has left the place better off. What would that make them, communal cultists?

So, here's what has been decided about design:

It will be some kind of shaft going down to near bedrock, with houses built into the walls and bridges going across. Lava or bedrock will be at the bottom. There will hopefully be space for art; if not, we can make an art gallery somewhere.

We need to decide on dimensions for the shaft (50x50? 100x100?). It will also be partly limited by the size of the mountain; someone will need to make some measurements.
What shape?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1372 on: August 18, 2014, 11:12:20 pm »

A cone, with a walkway on the side spiralling into the depths of the earth. Bonus points if we have lava falling down, too.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: August 18, 2014, 11:17:31 pm »

A cone, with a walkway on the side spiralling into the depths of the earth. Bonus points if we have lava falling down, too.

Naturally. This is why I got into minecraft, I love the scope of what can be done. I can probably do measurements on the mountain tomorrow morning, if nobody beats me to it. I'll note the lowest point common to all four sides, and go from there.

Edit: If we do decide on not a square, this is a tool I've found indispensably useful in the past.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:19:23 pm by Baffler »
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: August 18, 2014, 11:21:35 pm »

Ooh, nifty. Pointing up or down?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: August 18, 2014, 11:23:41 pm »

Guys, this might cause a problem in the future:

[REDACTED]

We're going to need to make an agreement about mining zones, to prevent disputes when we begin to dig. I believe we should limit our expansion to the South, Southwest, and West, so as not to encroach on Dumathoin's mines.

As for designs, I had an idea I was going to use for my hermitage. A deep shaft, covered by cobble wall to let light in, all the way down to Y=1 with garden/farm at the bottom and vault/secure bedroom off the side. However, my 5 stacks of Obsidian would probably be better used here, where someone else might provide some iron and we could build a decent vault right off the bat.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:13:09 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1376 on: August 18, 2014, 11:30:32 pm »

The dome would point up, I'd think. Down would look cooler from above, but this way we can have lava pouring down and a big courtyard or whatever at the bottom.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: August 18, 2014, 11:33:40 pm »

How did you get that map? And yeah, I would suggest we dig to the south, west, and southwest.Also that Dumathion agrees to dig to the north, east, and northeast. That's close enough to risk a long tunnel running through one of our walls.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: August 18, 2014, 11:56:08 pm »

Gold took a screenie and sent me the link. I assume he has one of those GUI mods. Anyway, we probably just need to hash out an underground border. How about we designate an XY point somewhere in that ocean, and Bay12 agrees not to dig anywhere northeast of it, and Duma won't dig anywhere southwest of it?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

gold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: August 18, 2014, 11:56:25 pm »

How did you get that map? And yeah, I would suggest we dig to the south, west, and southwest.Also that Dumathion agrees to dig to the north, east, and northeast. That's close enough to risk a long tunnel running through one of our walls.
  First off, there are mines under the new place and titan has claimed the north and the east. So the only place dumathoin can mine and expand is in the west and south. This means you just took up the ground that was to eventually be expanded upon. I don't understand why you'd want to do this as this just causes more problems and if you're leaving because we can't work together, why stay so close? It all just ends up leading to more problems.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 97