Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118226 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders
« Reply #1155 on: August 04, 2014, 11:43:18 pm »

I managed to arrive safely as Quake98376.

Unfortunately I have one health left so I dropped a bed in some random building marked for renovation until such time as I am driven out like the hobo scum that I am.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 04, 2014, 11:45:36 pm »

Unfortunately I have one health left so I dropped a bed in some random building marked for renovation until such time as I am driven out like the hobo scum that I am.

You are henceforth to be known as 'Hobo Scum', the perfect disguise to spy on the uninitiated in Dale... ;)
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1157 on: August 04, 2014, 11:52:43 pm »

There should be some food lying around to get your hearts back.

You are henceforth to be known as 'Hobo Scum', the perfect disguise to spy on the uninitiated in Dale... ;)
+1
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 05, 2014, 10:25:00 am »

Crud.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 05, 2014, 10:56:47 am »

Oh dear?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1160 on: August 05, 2014, 11:09:31 am »

Hi everyone! I read the OP but it doesn't actually give much information. Is this just the thread for a B12 multiplayer server? Or is there some kind of actual invasion going on?

I'm still a bit of a newbie to Minecraft, but I think I'd have more fun playing with other people. So forgive my ignorance, but what's the situation here, and can I get in on it?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 05, 2014, 11:12:27 am »

Hi everyone! I read the OP but it doesn't actually give much information. Is this just the thread for a B12 multiplayer server? Or is there some kind of actual invasion going on?

I'm still a bit of a newbie to Minecraft, but I think I'd have more fun playing with other people. So forgive my ignorance, but what's the situation here, and can I get in on it?
We're playing on a civilization/PvP server. It's not an actual invasion, really; we only have one settlement.

I can PM you the coordinates of the settlement, if you want.

I've added a basic explanation to the OP.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:18:22 am by Elephant Parade »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 05, 2014, 11:14:41 am »

The 'invasion' is a bunch of bay12 joining the civcraft server at mc.civcraft.vg .
There's also the other invasion we've been talking about which is when people from HCF come onto civcraft to "epicpvp!" but we haven't seen much of that.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1163 on: August 05, 2014, 03:33:35 pm »

Hey, Sappho. We're playing on the Civcraft server. It's got a bunch of server-side modifications geared towards making solo play harder encouraging larger groups to form. There are no rules, other than "don't cheat", but griefing is frowned upon and will often result in being imprisoned in the End - as I found out the hard way a month or so back.
It's got a bunch of silly politics that we're on the verge of getting involved with, with different factions claiming land, squabbling over the rights to eat bread, and making funny acronyms.
One of the bigger changes is the ore generation. Minerals form in veins, each holding potentially hundreds of a given resource, but are very hard to find. The Citadel mod (or Bastion, or whatever it was called) allows you to reinforce structures with stone, iron, and diamond, to discourage griefing.
There are a few other things, like crops growing faster in certain biomes, and rare trees that only spawn during worldgen, that add a little extra flavour.

In other words, it's dizzyingly complicated, and we'd be glad to have you aboard.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:35:40 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 05, 2014, 07:21:25 pm »

Most intriguing. Considering getting into MineCraft just for this.

I see not a single bit of information on your little demicivilization has made its way onto the wiki (which appears woefully non-current). Dwarven secrecy ftw.
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 05, 2014, 09:25:15 pm »

Is the rail system right hand or left hand drive?
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 05, 2014, 10:30:24 pm »

Beats me.

Anyway, I was thinking, with Dumathoin getting bigger, we need nobility. I am prepared to appoint myself to the position of Count. If anyone else wants it, I'll be happy to duel for the position.*

*Please note that I am not only the only one who has PvP gear, I'm also the only one who can even afford it.

(I'm joking. Probably.)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 05, 2014, 11:14:08 pm »

Anyway, I was thinking, with Dumathoin getting bigger, we need nobility.

I will take any position of importance that does not require me to be online frequently since I am starting college in about a week.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1168 on: August 05, 2014, 11:28:17 pm »

Edit: If we're going to formalise noble positions, we should keep a list of them enshrined and maintained somewhere. The OP would be good, but many people have a nasty habit of ignoring it.
Noble positions like King and Count should be people who can be online fairly often.
Personally I'd like to nominate MarcAFK to the position of king, seeing as he seems to be the most active on here and the Civcraft subreddit.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:36:25 pm by InsanityIncarnate »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 05, 2014, 11:30:49 pm »

Hey, would anyone mind if I dug out a place on the lowest floor for a 'Hall of Legends' area where we would put statues of leaders, and the time they served in a position?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 97