Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118580 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Now establishing a civilization!
« Reply #840 on: June 11, 2014, 12:53:25 am »

Sadly the dumathoin navy at this point seems to consist of nothing but half a dozen small-boats, but perhaps one day we shall finally get a real fleet of warships to protect our valuable naval trade with nobody at the moment.
Perhaps as admiral you could oversee expansion of our hidden harbour and the construction of a couple of ships of the line to fill it.
Donations of oak, wool, and dark oak would surely be required. I spotted some sheep around our now hidden south gate, I shall guide them through our city to a suitable location in Town.

Edit: while I have the attention of the dumathoin military I should point out that previously our primary defence was remoteness combined with being totally hidden. Now we're practically connected to the CIC and every active city, we have large visible gates, and are visibly connected to a noticeably conspicuous town. If this is desired, then we need a militia and also to reinforce everything, I would like permission to encase the vault in obsidian(merely stone reinforced for now) but minimum iron reinforced would be better, and to move all diamond/iron equipment there under locked chests.
Also I think I might have missed one or 2 people with the access list for the vault.
Edit: put some more clay under the farms, we only need a few more stacks. Since melons regrow instantly I can take teh clay from those farms, unless that was a bug...
Edit: I found a few sheep near Town whilst wandering grabbing exposed clay (as I've been doing) They're currently held in a small pen near the pair of dark oak. Also I hope nobody minds But I'm expanding the storeroom, We don't actually need the space, however the 6 chest high thing was really pissing me off :p, I'll be splitting the room into 2 levels of 4 chests high, Since we had items on the left and blocks on the right I'll Make one level items and one blocks.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:09:44 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 11, 2014, 07:46:34 am »

On an aside, I noticed the old halls are rife with ruin and dilapidation, and that our rail-system to the old human city has been mangled, severing our connection to our previous primary food source; Was this the doing of outsiders?
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 11, 2014, 08:01:06 am »

On an aside, I noticed the old halls are rife with ruin and dilapidation

Par for the course in a succession fort.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 11, 2014, 09:34:07 am »

Which rail line connected the old city? I haven't explored all the rail lines yet but I have seen that all our power rails have been stolen.
At the moment the only working line is the one between The cobble room and South dumathoin (the building there is looking great) It is however unpowered, But it runs through the mines, my intention was to have all rail lines lead straight to cobble storage. It works well for dumping large amounts of stone, however, for some reason the furnace cart will stop if it has to push an occupied cart up stairs. Eventually I'll Link the rail line back to the station downstairs so the occupant can get off, then pop one extra coal into the cart to make it push the cargo upwards.
Also the storeroom is almost finished, I need to rearrange the chests now and light the room up. I'm wondering if theres room for a staircase.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 11, 2014, 09:43:49 am »

There's the one on the bottom level next to the machine room.  It goes into what was clearly planned to be a major rail tunnel.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 11, 2014, 09:54:58 am »

There's the one on the bottom level next to the machine room.  It goes into what was clearly planned to be a major rail tunnel.

It was a major rail tunnel before it was wrecked by what were no doubt barbarians! The rail that has the most sections of it currently intact is the one that leads to the old city; More specifically, it leads to an alcove within a mine of the old city, which through careful navigation one can get to the surface of. I believe it was called "Stone Ark", or something, but I managed to haul a stack of hay bales before the abandonment, which I still have on meself.

The rails working are sort of vital to navigating there; It takes over a day in-game to get from one side to the other, and it's difficult to imagine that bandits would have enough patience to loot the entire length of it.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 11, 2014, 10:27:54 am »

Since Zanzetkuken is going to be away for a while, I decided that I would use my contingency plan:
Spoiler: Contingency Plan (click to show/hide)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 11, 2014, 11:01:46 am »

I walked through Stoneark lands on my first trip in; I was under the impression it was a totally separate entity.  They had large farms and lots of "Go away" signs.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 11, 2014, 11:26:34 am »

Since Zanzetkuken is going to be away for a while, I decided that I would use my contingency plan:
Spoiler: Contingency Plan (click to show/hide)

Actually, that was last week.  This week I'm here.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 11, 2014, 11:53:23 am »

Oh. Then you might not want to go in the military wing for a while.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 11, 2014, 11:55:23 am »

Oh. Then you might not want to go in the military wing for a while.

The fuck did you do?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 11, 2014, 02:37:12 pm »

Hey Propman, do you have the privs to unlock any of the chests in old Duma?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 11, 2014, 02:48:23 pm »

I for one welcome our new snowman overlords.
Also Storeroom is finished. Praise the Carpenters!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 11, 2014, 02:50:24 pm »

Is anybody currently on? I just made the trek and have been looking around, but I haven't seen anyone. My in-game name is the same as my forum name.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 11, 2014, 04:46:29 pm »

Hey Zan, can I have a job in the Military? We always need more warm bodies.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 97