Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118579 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Now establishing a civilization!
« Reply #810 on: June 03, 2014, 10:21:59 pm »

Is the outpost connected by rail? I've been wanting to test the stone line out, but I'm not sure there is actually 10 double chests so I'll have to shove some more into the factory. Hmmm a rail line connecting the factory to Cobble storage might be nice too.
Meanwhile I've been exploring the nearby caves and caverns, I found a few iron, coal and clay.

EDIT: Actually theres another stone smelter in the hallways, Very close By I might link it to that.
I'm almost done with the rail link, I found a mineshaft with another minecart in it which is nice, and some rails, iron and coal, also a chest in the cart containing lapis and redstone.
I've figured out a way of riding a minecart pushed by a furnace cart, but It needs a sticky piston, or 2 regular pistons.
Lag seems to be seriously messing with the rail line, they shoot off randomly and even an unpowered cart will end up reaching the end of the line, I've spent an hour just chasing minecarts, also I seem to have lost one.
Edit: I found the lost cart, I somehow walked through it or something, I think I need to use pistons in order to block off the cart laoding zone to stop this from happening, 2 should do it but the rail will pop and need replacing....
Edit: It seems you need to keep the chunk the minecart is in loaded for it to keep moving, The easiest way of doing this seems to be to hop into an empty one...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:49:11 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 06, 2014, 12:08:55 am »

I'm having an odd problem with my rails, on single player i can make a piston push a rail, or make a piston push a block, and that block pushes a rail. This works very well a minecart stopper, a block stops the carts from wandering off while you power the furnace cart, then press a button and the block gets pushed and replaced with a rail, You can then mine out the block and the rail to reset, or use a sticky piston, in which case the mechinism stays open just long enough for 5 carts to shoot through then resets.
The problem is, I haven't seen a single slime in civcraft, and worse of all, For some reason I can't seem to make the setup work as It does on single player.
A rail placed in front of a piston here pops, while it doesn't on single player.
A rail placed in front of a block will stop the piston from moving, whereas on single player both blocks will move...
I need to make a different mechanism I guess..
Edit, I had another method of making a track stop, but it seems that minecarts can travel downwards through solid stone.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:11:30 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 06, 2014, 01:19:19 pm »

Would using powered rails work eventually? The 6 you get will last you almost 250 blocks, so you'd probably only need half a stack of gold to reach the distance to the mine.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 06, 2014, 01:47:17 pm »

Just broke into the locked factory, it is a diamond pickaxe smithy. I would like to announce another sale: 1 diamond pick for 2 diamonds.

Is it okay if I withdraw some diamonds from storage to make a batch? Those would, of course, be for everyone.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 06, 2014, 03:24:31 pm »

Gah, I've been rather busy lately, but I might be able to get on today.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 06, 2014, 05:17:02 pm »

DarkStar and I just netted an obscene amount of diamonds from a vein. We are probably goin' ta build our own ore smelter now.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 06, 2014, 08:15:16 pm »

That's great, we really need a silk touch pick so we can multiply our diamonds.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 06, 2014, 09:47:35 pm »

That's great, we really need a silk touch pick so we can multiply our diamonds.

I've been working on enchanting, but I haven't found anything good so far.

We should make an iron or diamond cauldron soon, along with appropriate farms/mob grinders.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 06, 2014, 10:04:40 pm »

I think I was talking to ryden the other day, he told me just how much grinding is needed to support a Diamond cauldron. You need a lot of infrastructure, They were grinding the chicken recipe which requires:
128 Exp Bottle for 128 Glass Bottle, 64 Nether Wart, 32 Melon, 128 Sugar Cane, 16 Yellow Flower, 128 Rotten Flesh, 64 Brown Mushroom, 32 Vine, 256 Baked Potato, 16 Cooked Chicken using 1 charcoal....
Nether warts, melons, sugar cane, mushrooms baked potatos and chicken are easy.
Rotten flesh you get easily from a zombie spawner which we have, vines require a jungle biome and shears, yellow flowers however require bone meal in order to produce any significant quantity. We need to find a skeleton spawner.

Some of the iron cauldron recipes look rather easy too...

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 07, 2014, 07:13:54 am »

Of the iron/diamond recipes, the bread/cactus/carrot one seems like the easiest to do, once the cactus farm is going at full capacity. We can already to the bread, and we can increase how many carrots we make without too much difficulty.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 07, 2014, 09:04:52 am »

I've been getting increasingly bothered with the unfinished main cavern cealing every time I look at it.
Does anyone have ideas for finishing it?
Personally I would like to do a simple dome, hagia Sofia style, starting with a hemispherical dome centered slightly closer to the Town entrance than to the other side, the bottom rim punctuated by openings containing netherrack torches. Then pendentives leading to simple arches which line up with the preexisting  main walls, except on the longer axises, which would have half domes of whatever diameter looks best. This whole design would need some careful planning and a shitton of stone bricks and I think accentuated with netherbrick.
Edit: also I haven't been able to log in for the last few hours, is anyone else having problems?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:11:40 am by MarcAFK »

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 07, 2014, 06:25:23 pm »

I've been getting increasingly bothered with the unfinished main cavern cealing every time I look at it.
Personally I would like to do a simple dome, hagia Sofia style, starting with a hemispherical dome centered slightly closer to the dale entrance than to the other side, the bottom rim punctuated by openings containing netherrack torches. Then pendentives leading to simple arches which line up with the preexisting  main walls, except on the longer axises, which would have half domes of whatever diameter looks best. This whole design would need some careful planning and a shitton of stone bricks and I think accentuated with netherbrick.
Edit: also I haven't been able to log in for the last few hours, is anyone else having problems?

For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagia_Sophia#Architecture

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #822 on: June 07, 2014, 10:01:46 pm »

Personally I would like to do a simple dome, hagia Sofia style, starting with a hemispherical dome centered slightly closer to the dale entrance than to the other side, the bottom rim punctuated by openings containing netherrack torches. Then pendentives leading to simple arches which line up with the preexisting  main walls, except on the longer axises, which would have half domes of whatever diameter looks best. This whole design would need some careful planning and a shitton of stone bricks and I think accentuated with netherbrick.

For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagia_Sophia#Architecture
Mmmm, turkey.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 08, 2014, 12:44:52 am »

Or perhaps something like a post norman/gothic cathedral.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 08, 2014, 05:47:12 pm »

Starting Tuesday, I'll be gone for 1.5-2 months, so don't destroy my stuff.

tahujdt, I'll try to get you the items for the thing we planned soon. If necessary, set up a donation chest + hopper.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 97