Poll

Should we leave Dumathoin?

Yes.
- 13 (72.2%)
No.
- 5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 97

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Thread closed.  (Read 118545 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Invaders - Now establishing a civilization!
« Reply #870 on: June 12, 2014, 09:05:32 am »

It would be great if we could bury the city again, The watchtowers and bridge are a problem however.

Also I found an updated list of the factories.
https://github.com/ttk2/FactoryMod/wiki

JACKPOT!
The kings chamber also contained something far more valuable.
An efficiency III Fortune II Pick.
and!
One brand spanking new Efficiency II Silk touch pick!
Our future prosperity is now assured :P
Let's go look for more ore!
I have a Efficiency IV pick, I'll trade if for the silk touch. I have a bunch of diamond ore that I know the location of.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 12, 2014, 09:12:30 am »

Since it's our only silk touch pick it should remain the property of the fortress, I'll pass it to you for those diamond but put it back into the vault when you're done with it :p or keep it untill someone finds more diamonds.
Btw I'll have to go back to the place I think theres a diamond vein at. I don't want to risk taking the pick with me, but it's rather a trek for me to go just to check only to return later on with a pick if there's really ore there....
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 12, 2014, 10:23:29 am »

A mod came by just now and was very much impressed with the construction. That is very much a good thing.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 12, 2014, 10:29:03 am »

A mod came by just now and was very much impressed with the construction. That is very much a good thing.

Dumatoin or the whole thing?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 12, 2014, 11:21:00 am »

Dumatoin or the whole thing?
New Dumathoin.

In other news, I have 32 Diamond Ore, enough for 2 batches of diamond smelting. I also have enough iron ore for a batch of that. However, we are one stack of iron short from making an ore smelter. If anyone has that much sitting around, a donation would be great.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 12, 2014, 11:28:03 am »

Doubleposting for awesome, I found a Dwarf-themed texture pack: http://www.mediafire.com/download/51dtckdtj9g34dj/%5B14w11b%5D_Dokucraft_TSC_Dwarven_v30.zip

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 12, 2014, 02:36:48 pm »

Hey Zan, can I have a job in the Military? We always need more warm bodies.

Captain of the Dumathoin Guard sound good to you?
Works for me.
And someone should send me a summary of the current diplomatic situation on the server. I personally love politics and stuff like that.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 12, 2014, 02:39:27 pm »

Speaking of politics, the people in Titan trust me enough to give me door access. I'm currently hanging around, waiting for the player who handles selling horses to get on.

I guess that makes me the official liaison to Titan.

And an update on our status: I have bought eight stacks of ender eyes to aid in the pursual of dwarven justice.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 04:35:26 pm by tahujdt »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 12, 2014, 05:06:32 pm »

Okay, shitty news: I accidentally turned what was going to be our ore smelter into a diamond pickaxe factory. On the bright side, I didn't waste anything else.

The diamond ore I have is enough to make up for the wasted diamonds, but we need an ore smelter to make that happen. Marc, can you take some of the diamonds out of the vault reinforcement for a bit?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:08:10 pm by tahujdt »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 12, 2014, 07:36:06 pm »

I don't have access to the buttload of DRO in the vault, but zan said one if us does so ask him :p.
I have some iron back in carbon I coukd grab, it's a bit of a trek but I can check that potential vein in the way there.
Edit: Didn't we recover a Diamond pick smithy already? It's a shame we could have made a sword smithy or perhaps 2 diamond cauldrons.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 07:48:31 pm by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 12, 2014, 08:30:48 pm »

What happened was, I put all 96 of the diamonds into the chest, then thought, "oh, I should reinforce these", then I thought, "oh, didn't I reinforce these already?" then I typed /cti, intending to check the reinforcement status, and left clicked on the chest to check it. I was holding a stick in my hand at the time.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 12, 2014, 09:49:40 pm »

Yeah, It happens, I';m in carbon now, about 500 meters from where I found that diamond, let's see if I can remember where the hell it was.

Edit:
Jackpot! I rediscovered another solitary diamond near where I thought the spot was.
Who wants to grab that Silk touch pick and a minecart and run down to Carbon?
If you're taking a boat to titan[Nearby city] aways take a spare and get ready to hold spacebar to avoid drowning.

While I'm here I might stripmine the public farms a bit.

Edit: I should mention I'm going out today so, I may not have much time for mining....

Edit: HugoLuman was exploring the rails, he's on his way here, Mining party!

edit:
Bumped into gantoe, sleeping on the line back to xiphas.
Hugo went home and i have to go out so it shall wait for another time. how about tonight, say in 9 hours?
Edit: Oh another thing, someone in Carbon is buying cactus, 27 stacks for 9 diamonds, I shall expand teh cactus farm and clear them out!. Nvm, he sold out.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:07:33 am by MarcAFK »

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 13, 2014, 07:47:17 am »

Alright, so I'm likely going to be very busy for the next month or so. Not sure how much I'll be able to get on.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 13, 2014, 08:06:04 am »

I guess I'll be on the rails for an hour today :p

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 13, 2014, 10:17:59 am »

I know where four diamond ore are, as soon as I can get on when someone with access to the pick is on too.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 97