Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Pigeons & Prejudice: Definitely deceased.  (Read 22956 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Pigeons and Prejudice: Chapter One; The First of Many Balls
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2013, 12:47:08 am »

Oh, I interpreted that Tiruin was (naively) suggesting pigeons can't do nudity, arson, or scandal.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2013, 12:49:46 am »

Well, you know, feathers. Arson and Scandal are still possible, though Arson seems a bit extreme for the tone of this game (as far as I can tell). Scandal would be the natural pick, but it's likely to occur anyway as the game progresses.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2013, 01:18:55 am »

Well, you know, feathers. Arson and Scandal are still possible, though Arson seems a bit extreme for the tone of this game (as far as I can tell). Scandal would be the natural pick, but it's likely to occur anyway as the game progresses.
^ This, la. :P
...We're quite literally nude right in the pics, since humanity confers nudity to the presence or absence of clothes.

...So yeah. [Also please no arson. It's funny when done right. Just not with pigeons...I've never seen arson funny, tbh. D:]

Scandal..ehh, I believe some RP'ing would be done beforehand but that's me being silly. Ahaha. Silly.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2013, 01:27:53 am »

You're pigeons, not naked: you're at a ball for goodness sake! Good Lord.

And fear not: there will be no arson in turn one of this game.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2013, 01:30:01 am »

Exactly. In this context nudity is kind of impossible for pigeons, as they can hardly remove their feathers.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2013, 04:06:35 am »

Exactly. In this context nudity is kind of impossible for pigeons, as they can hardly remove their feathers.

Er. You mean something more like:

In this context nudity is entirely impossible for ladypigeons, as they are at a ball, and are ladies.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2013, 06:33:56 am »

Chapter One – The First of Many Balls. Turn Two.

As her first time stepping out into polite society, Charlotte had yet to dance with anyone of any note, let alone a Reverend.  At Miss Feckerby's aside Charlotte takes in the room, seeing if there are any more handsome men waiting to step in.

As her insensible prattle continues, Charlotte extends her exquisite fantail for all to admire.

"Oh! I have never danced with a Reverend before," prated Charlotte Fantail, before continuing with various inanities that cannot have done a great deal for Reverend Halfton’s perception of her intelligence. She cast her eyes across the room, and was rather dismayed to find that the only clearly eligible gentlemen within it were very much occupied with dancing, or attempting to dance, with her fellow ladypigeons.

"My what a beautiful ball! Don't you think? Teeheehee…"

Charlotte was alarmed to see that the Reverend’s attention seemed already to be wavering; in a bid to secure it, and his hand in a dance, she moved subtly nearer towards the centre of the room, and thrust out her lovely fantail with what she hoped was elegance.

...It wasn’t, but it didn’t matter, as the Reverend’s eye seemed to be wandering towards Miss Feckerby, and no one else seemed to have noticed Charlotte’s first sortie into the battlefield of romance.

She felt a little deflated. Even their shared hatred of cards risked going to waste.

Reverend Halfton likes you more!

Miss Feckerby likes you more!

Engage in some noncommittal small-talk while discreetly examining Mr Arcy for any flaws.

"Why, Mr. Arcy, you are flattering me. For such a genteel gentleman to pick me, of all these young things..." she cooed, eyes fluttering as the handsome young man led her to the dance floor.

... ”Nonsense, Lady Meyerschmidt-Cripeton, or Miss Meyerschmidt-Cripeton, if you will allow me to address you with such presumptuous informality, nonsense. I find not a lady nor ladypigeon in the room as handsome as you. Shall we dance?”

Mr James Arcy likes you more!

Examine my partner-who is he, and preferably notice how his body language speaks.

Let the dance begin!

After giving her partner an examination as thorough as the most practiced physician, Miss Alessa Thain giddily stepped forward led by the red haired Mr Arbury. ...He was not, though, it extremely quickly became apparent, particularly adept at dancing – he was, if anything, at least as bad as the novice Alessa, and as a casual observer’s eyes darted from one stumbling simpleton’s face to the other they would most definitely notice a considerable crescendo of blushing.

First Alessa’s dainty pigeontoes bumped into Mr Arbury’s shins; then Mr Arbury trod on them. Next Mr Arbury’s knees brushed embarrassingly against an unspeakable area of Miss Thain’s anatomy (her ladyknee); then she looked at him for a rather disgraceful length of time whilst attempting to decide which foot to move next.

It was, in short, turning out to be a disaster, and it only got worse when Mr Arbury lightly spun Miss Thain into the coattail of Mr Pinkerton-Smythe, dancing nearby, who immediately turned, glowered at Mr Arbury with hate and disgust and, it was obvious from the intensity and length of his glare, was seconds away from asking Mr Arbury to step out and give satisfaction.

Red with shame, Arthur Arbury hung his head throughout the rest of the dance and, when it finished, stormed off without another word.

Miss Thain bravely fought back the humiliation, and tears, and desire to be sick as she watched him go.

Mr Arbury likes you less!

Mr Arbury likes pigeons less!

Lady Montagu joins Mr. Pinkerton-Smythe on the ballroom floor, mentally reviewing everything she knows about this potential suitor.

"I simply must thank you for the invitation, Miss Isabella. Your home is simply marvellous, and the guests are quite prestigious. Why, it is all quite so fine it makes the company of Miss Charlotte Fantail very nearly bearable." She stared as politely as possible at the aforementioned ladybird gliding toward Reverend Halfton, drawing the gaze of every male in the vicinity. "Her bonnet is quite garish, do you not agree?"

”I do, it is rather disgraceful,” whispered Miss Isabella, ”I’ve half a mind to have a peasant trip her up whilst dancing. But that would never do, of course.”

Lady Montagu tried as hard as she could to remember what she had been told about Mr Pinkerton-Smythe as she was led extremely willingly to the dance floor. If she remembered well, he was terribly fond of flutes, which was of course at the time rather normal, and had a burning hatred of arson, which wasn’t. He could not be said to be tremendously rich, although he certainly was not – heavens above! – poor in the slightest, and he was tolerably handsome. More than tolerably handsome, Lady Montagu thought to herself, as she admired his large eyes and striking cheekbones. Such delightfully greasy blond hair, too!

...She daydreamed about stroking his lovely hair with her gentle wingtips as they danced – and he danced awfully well – but Lady Montagu’s dreaming was struck dead as Mr Pinkerton-Smythe suddenly stopped to glower intensely at Mr Arbury, and the poor ladypigeon, dancing with something approaching incompetence without quite reaching this level of skill, bumped into Mr Pinkerton-Smythe’s thigh, tripped over, tumbled across several feet of ballroom floor, and crashed into a nearby peasant holding a tray of canapés.

The peasant dropped a canapé or two on Lady Montagu’s lovely wings, upon which now lay a small piece of salmon.

She felt a little sick.

”Oh, I say,” said Mr Pinkterton-Smythe, ”I’m so terribly sorry. That fool Arbury lightly brushed my coattail, but to react so strongly as to interrupt our dance is exceedingly poor of me. Please, accept my apologies.”

Miss Isabella Villar likes you more!

Miss Isabella Villar likes Miss Charlotte Fantail less!

Everyone likes pigeons slightly less!

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:39:34 am by lawastooshort »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Pigeons and Prejudice: Chapter 1.2
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2013, 07:52:13 am »

"Now Reverend, you must tell me more about yourself— have you been in Feryton long?" Charlotte asked, implicitly accepting Reverend Halfton's offer by moving in to position for the next dance. While Charlotte had yet to become a skilled dancer, she was certainly enthusiastic and was at least aware of all the necessary steps. It was her fervent hope not to repeat the disasters of some of her fellow ladypigeons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2013, 09:31:16 am »

...We're quite literally nude right in the pics, since humanity confers nudity to the presence or absence of clothes.
You're not humanity, though.
Do you have any idea how embarrassing it would be to be seen without your feathers? Good heavens!

And I kinda hope that Montagu reacts to the canape, possibly by being physically ill, just so we can watch how a clumsy dance lead to the destruction of the party.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:26:00 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2013, 09:55:24 am »

[...Oh gods that was horrible.
It's amazing!

Posting in the half day from now for better coherency]

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2013, 11:48:19 am »

Then, it is time to dance with this all-too-remarkable Mr.Arcy!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2013, 02:04:20 pm »

"Oh, no apologies are necessary." Lady Katherine Montagu said apologetically, rising to her pigeonfeet as elegantly as she could manage. "The fault lies entirely with the graceless Mr. Arbury, I am sure, and my own tumble was due to the clumsy interference of this wretched peasant!"

So saying, Lady Montagu began savagely beating the hapless peasant with a piece of salmon in as ladylike a fashion as possible.

((So I guess we're going to find out what Pinkie's Sensitivity rating is, at least.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2013, 09:29:41 pm »

Reconcile self and dancing partner!

Step

Step..

Step...

His shoes, though silent in the midst of all the people, sounded so loud in my thoughts as I saw him move away.

What have I done..
Expectations, perhaps, were to blame for this incident.
Did he misinterpret my gaze? My looks? I wasn't judging him! It's admiration!
I have shamed him.
...I have shamed myself.

Without any word to anyone else, Alessa broke into a run after Mr Arbury to hopefully clear herself up. Given the situation, she would be explaining a lot.
Ok, first begin with what you perceived was wron-no no no he's already been thinking about that given his expression.
I know that expression..hopefully I may get this right.

[If it is a half-action, then I'm willing to RP the apology and get the results from there, but if its a full action-then please roll for how good my speech is thanks. :)]

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2013, 03:26:25 pm »

Chapter One – The First of Many Balls. Turn Three.

Then, it is time to dance with this all-too-remarkable Mr.Arcy!

”Gosh,” blushed Lady Meyerschmidt-Cripeton, as she followed Mr Arcy’s lovely yet also terribly masculine hand onto the dance floor.

...The lights sparkled; the music glittered; the assembled ladies and gentlemen twirled, advanced, retreated: yet what followed for Lady Meyerschmidt-Cripeton could only be called a disappointment. When Mr Arcy wanted to lead one way, she resisted, and wanted to go the other. When Lady Meyerschmidt-Cripeton wanted to offer a glowing smile and a twinkling eye, he was distracted, and looking elsewhere. When she thought of a rather witty bon mot, a nearby trumped thundered inopportunely, and he heard it not.

As the second dance came to an end, Mr Arcy made his politest excuses, and, with a look of slight disappointment, wandered off into the crowd, leaving the unfortunate ladypigeon on her own in the midst of the bustle.

Mr Arcy likes you slightly less!

implicitly accepting Reverend Halfton's offer by moving in to position for the next dance. While Charlotte had yet to become a skilled dancer, she was certainly enthusiastic and was at least aware of all the necessary steps. It was her fervent hope not to repeat the disasters of some of her fellow ladypigeons.

"Now Reverend," coyly asked Miss Charlotte, "You must tell me more about yourself— have you been in Feryton long? Isn’t it rather wonderful, being a priest?"

”Oh, but you silly thing! I am but a Reverend, not a priest – you know, a priest cannot take a wife, which I am sure even the most devoted of them would regret were he to see a ladypigeon as charming as you, Miss Fantail.”

Blushing at this forwardness somewhere under her feathers, Charlotte waddled elegantly to the dance floor, eyes shining as beautifully as they ever had under Miss Isabella Villar’s very expensive chandeliers.

”And so, you see, it is even more wonderful to be a Reverend… One can serve yet also retain a certain… connection with the material world, which, one might argue, helps us to understand it better – and so perform our duty better...”

...He continued to speak thusly as they began to dance, in a way that the pretty but moderately dim-witted young ladypigeon failed to entirely grasp, but it sounded rather intelligent and, Miss Charlotte would certainly have admitted, rather grand. He was pleasant, she was beginning to feel, and his agreeable chattering more than made up for his rather strange frame and his pronounced pot-belly.

As the dance progressed, exceedingly well, given the noticeable lack of skill on the parts of both dancers, Charlotte’s mind wandered very slightly, and she had to shake herself back into the present day as she suddenly found herself walking side by side with a future (and even rounder, although not unpleasantly) pot-belly.

Before both Reverend Halfton and Miss Charlotte Fantail knew it, or indeed desired it, the dance was over.

Both gentleman and ladypigeon looked at each other a little longer than merely neutral feelings might require, and took their leave.

What a lovely long neck, thought Charlotte, wistfully, watching the said long neck depart.

Reverend Halfton likes you more!

Reverend Halfton likes pigeons slightly more!

So saying, Lady Montagu began savagely beating the hapless peasant with a piece of salmon in as ladylike a fashion as possible.

"Oh, no apologies are necessary," Lady Katherine Montagu said apologetically, rising to her pigeonfeet as elegantly as she could manage, which was really quite elegantly, she felt. "The fault lies entirely with the graceless Mr. Arbury, I am sure, and my own tumble was due to the clumsy interference of this wretched peasant!"

...Nimbly twisting her head round and picking one of the awful pieces of canapé off her soiled wing, Lady Katherine whipped the salmon morsel into the air above the foul and above all poor peasant, and proceeded to beat him savagely and lengthily about the legs and, as he collapsed to the ground, about the head and face until the repulsive slice of fish was torn to shreds and spread all over the equally repulsive and now terribly fishy imbecile.

"Oh, I'm exceedingly sorry," breathed Lady Katherine, turning to Mr Pinkerton-Smythe, and noticing that he was looking on with rapt admiration, "I... sometimes..."

”Oh, Lady Katherine! I... The...”

Several of his splendid blonde hairs quivered with the emotion of the moment, and unnoticed by anyone the fish-spattered commoner crawled off to hide under a nearby table.

Mr Pinkerton-Smythe likes you more!

Mr Arbury likes you slightly more!

Mr Arcy likes you slightly more!

Miss Arcy likes you more!

Miss Feckerby likes you more!

Miss Villar likes you slightly more!

Everyone likes pigeons slightly more!

Reconcile self and dancing partner!

What have I done? despaired Miss Thain, as Mr Arbury strode away, Did my several seconds' gaze break what is conventional for a well-bred human lady?

Her tiny elegant feet pattered after the human gentleman, who, she wasn't to know, was as disgusted with himself as with her, but as she caught up with his back she realised she did not entirely know what to do next.

She considered tapping Mr Arbury on the shoulder with her wing-tip; but that would be unforgivable if the pair were married, and probably criminal given that they were, alas, not. She searched for the right words to say.

Mr Arbury... I say...

She barely even realised that she was not speaking audibly, but then Lady Katherine Montagu came unbidden to her rescue.

A moderate scene was breaking out on the other side of the ballroom: the wonderful Lady Montagu was, to the general admiration of all assembled, viciously beating a commoner with a small piece of fish. At least two men nodded lightly; one lady's cheek was seen to redden almost imperceptibly with enthusiastic approval. As the wave of unbridled emotion swept across the room, it washed over Mr Arbury like a tsunami over a pebble, and he turned to seek the source of such unlikely and wanton self-expression.

He turned, and before seeing the conclusion of Lady Montagu's beautifully well-judged affirmation of the rightful place of the wealthy he caught Miss Thain's unhappy eye.

He looked at her, and under the near-perfect blank veneer of an educated English gentleman she thought she detected something like acceptance, perhaps forgiveness, perhaps an apology.

...Yet he turned and left her alone, nonetheless.

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pigeons and Prejudice: Chapter 1.3
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2013, 05:01:26 pm »

Just... what...

That was hilarious.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14