Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - seeking new Master  (Read 30049 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
One on One Community Fortress: Tonguebanners - seeking new Master
« on: September 28, 2013, 10:21:53 am »

Community fortress - I play the game, you guys give input.

Each participant gets one dwarf. They get full control over that dwarf. (That's the one on one part.)
What this means is that you give me every single thing you want your dwarf to do, and I make it happen in the game as closely as possible.

For example, you could decide to mine in spirals and try to amass a hoard of gems, even if you have no skill in mining. You could build a house for every dwarf. You could fulfill a more traditional role, simply farming or woodcutting or fishing as necessary. You could be a bum.

The catch here is that everything you do depends on the other dwarves. You can't mine if there isn't a pickaxe for you; can't build a house without stone or wood; can't survive if no-one is manufacturing the food and booze.

This is an exercise in creativity, cooperation, uncooperation, and frustration.

It's going to be slow as hell because I'll pause every time a dwarf is finished with commands.

With that all explained, sign up now!
Include name (if you want a special one), role title (a summary of your job - doesn't have to be an actual thing in DF), and starting skills/points.

Also give your input on starting location, equipment, and name. The world gen will be with default settings.
If no-one gives input on these, the location will have trees, soil, and water, with no other guarantees.
The default loadout is as follows:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The chaos will begin tonight.

Participants
The Hermit
Highmax McForgemaster, Swords Enthusiast
"Fruity", Fabulous Swordswarf
That bitch
Holypunch, Monk
Baffler, Oddjob
Spirallances, Inkeeper

Wait list (in order of selection)
Avus "Silverbrow", Military Logistician
Jack
The grand scholar, a legendary bookkeeper
The hunter-priest
Lenny, Village Idiot
The abattoirer (wants first carpenter/mechanic migrant)
zubb
Razggal the Beastmaster
Tharrin Gavelmantle, the Law
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:31:29 pm by Lectorog »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Let's get personal: One on One Community Fortress
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 12:49:31 pm »

I'd like to take the dwarf "The Hermit", who is a woodcutter/miner. Give him an axe at embark (and a free pick, and some plump helmet seeds), fell some trees to build a quick wall of wood around him, stockpile the seeds and some wood inside, then switch him to miner and start digging a small storage room under the wall. add a door and keep him separate from the rest of the fort.

He will live on his own underground farm of plump helmets, make rock pots for his own little still, and use the rock he mines to build his hut, add furniture and maybe some traps... he likes traps, he is a paranoid old trapper.

His goal should be to build a nice little cabin for himself, being relatively safe behind hatches, doors and traps, and staying away from all the others. Best to use burrows for him.

Role Title: Trapper/Hermit
Skills: 1 Carpentry, 1 Woocutting, 1 Mining, 1 Herbalism, 1 Beekeeping, Mechanics, 1 Stonecraft, 1 grower/planter ,1 brewer ,1 cook.

(If the extra axe/pick is too expensive, replace the initial axe and his axe with wooden training axes, then buy the extra pick with the freed up points.)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 09:19:04 pm »

Meph's hermit accepted.
The long series of goals is convenient - that much less stopping and required instructions.

This will not be starting tonight; still waiting for more applicants. Soon, though. Soon.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 10:16:55 pm »

I'll take a dwarf, make him harvest a crap ton of ores while digging out a base. then, build a forge/wood furnance/smelter setup. Make him do nothing but pump out swords of all varieties with the occasional armor piece. If there is no bars to forge, or no ores to smelt or wood to be burned, have him cut trees/harvest ore until he can make at least 30 swords.

Name: Highmax McForgemaster
Title: Swords Enthusiast
Personality: Childlike until battle occurs, then he gets serious
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 11:27:24 pm »

Here, I'll let my inherent arbitrariness reign for this one. <3

Just have my dwarf train as often as possible. Have that be all he does. If there's no weapon rack yet, that's okay, just have him build one. On his downtime (once every three months) have him pump out nothing but rock crafts. He loves making stone dildos toys and figurines.

Have him be the militia commander so that his inherent fruitiness can be passed down to other dwarves.

Oh, and I forgot to mention he's gay, but y'know he may try to hide that from the other dwarves by putting up a cover, i.e. procreation.

Skills:
Proficient Stone crafter
Proficient Swordsdwarf

Preferably put us in a spot near the mountains so we have a cliff to dig into. Failing that, go ahead and set us up behind a waterfall. Should be fun. OwO

Let the sauciness begin~
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 11:39:28 pm »

Here, I'll let my inherent arbitrariness reign for this one. <3

Just have my dwarf train as often as possible. Have that be all he does. If there's no weapon rack yet, that's okay, just have him build one. On his downtime (once every three months) have him pump out nothing but rock crafts. He loves making stone dildos toys and figurines.

Have him be the militia commander so that his inherent fruitiness can be passed down to other dwarves.

Oh, and I forgot to mention he's gay, but y'know he may try to hide that from the other dwarves by putting up a cover, i.e. procreation.

Skills:
Proficient Stone crafter
Proficient Swordsdwarf

Preferably put us in a spot near the mountains so we have a cliff to dig into. Failing that, go ahead and set us up behind a waterfall. Should be fun. OwO

Let the sauciness begin~

the waterfall idea makes him sound like a badass samurai training and perfecting his art of killing

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 03:09:22 am »

Female dwarf named "That bitch, ". 
Hunter, Brewer, Diagnostician and Appraiser at "Adequate"
Jobs added after embark: Butcher, Tanner, Leatherworker, Weaver, Tailor, Herbalist, Cook, Bowyer, Bonecarver

First she'll set up the butchery, tanner, leatherworker, bowyer and craftsdwarf workshops using any available wood, then using another piece of wood, she'll craft a crossbow at the bowyer shop.  Once the bow is done, she'll slaughter the wagon animals, and use the craftsdwarf shop to carve a bunch of bone bolts and a skull helmet.  After tanning the leather, she'll make these items in this order: quiver, armor, pair of boots, pair of gloves, dress, cape.  (If she runs out of leather, she'll just go hunting with those bone bolts and find herself more potential leather.) 

Draft her as the militia lead for archers and assign the gear to her as it's made.
She will trade her fresh meat and any plants she's foraged (herbalism) for a personal bedroom with smoothed walls and a door, a personal dining room with enough space to add an attached kitchen/still and a sitting room/office with four chairs in it.

Her aim is to eventually run a B&B with multiple floors of bedrooms, a grand dining cafeteria and a larder filled with quality prepared meals and fine vintages, to be served to her (paying) guests.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 11:40:22 am »

Female dwarf named "That bitch, ". 
Hunter, Brewer, Diagnostician and Appraiser at "Adequate"
Jobs added after embark: Butcher, Tanner, Leatherworker, Weaver, Tailor, Herbalist, Cook, Bowyer, Bonecarver

First she'll set up the butchery, tanner, leatherworker, bowyer and craftsdwarf workshops using any available wood, then using another piece of wood, she'll craft a crossbow at the bowyer shop.  Once the bow is done, she'll slaughter the wagon animals, and use the craftsdwarf shop to carve a bunch of bone bolts and a skull helmet.  After tanning the leather, she'll make these items in this order: quiver, armor, pair of boots, pair of gloves, dress, cape.  (If she runs out of leather, she'll just go hunting with those bone bolts and find herself more potential leather.) 

Draft her as the militia lead for archers and assign the gear to her as it's made.
She will trade her fresh meat and any plants she's foraged (herbalism) for a personal bedroom with smoothed walls and a door, a personal dining room with enough space to add an attached kitchen/still and a sitting room/office with four chairs in it.

Her aim is to eventually run a B&B with multiple floors of bedrooms, a grand dining cafeteria and a larder filled with quality prepared meals and fine vintages, to be served to her (paying) guests.

I was going for forge lord that helps everyone, but everyone came up with better ideas  :-\

Tehsapper

• Bay Watcher
  • Why, MrMayor? Whatever do you mean by "slade bed"?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 12:21:43 pm »

I gotta take one. Nickname him "Holypunch", and profession "Monk".
Proficient Grower, Adequate Fighter, Adequate Striker, Novice Dodger

Any dwarf who is pious toward any god. His goal would be creating a shrine to that god, worthy of its name: it should have a masterpiece statue of that god made of material related to that god (if it's a god of volcanoes, then obsidian, if a god of wealth, then platinum etc). The bigger the fort is, the grander the shrine should be. He should spend his free time praying at that shrine (just make the statue his personal garden).

His religious conduct forbids him to use any weapons, except his own hands and any metal armor. If you draft him, let him fight with leather equipment and weaponless. If you plan to draft him, please let him train up his combat skills first.

Also he should strive to get a nice robe.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 04:39:46 pm »

I gotta take one. Nickname him "Holypunch", and profession "Monk".
Proficient Grower, Adequate Fighter, Adequate Striker, Novice Dodger

Any dwarf who is pious toward any god. His goal would be creating a shrine to that god, worthy of its name: it should have a masterpiece statue of that god made of material related to that god (if it's a god of volcanoes, then obsidian, if a god of wealth, then platinum etc). The bigger the fort is, the grander the shrine should be. He should spend his free time praying at that shrine (just make the statue his personal garden).

His religious conduct forbids him to use any weapons, except his own hands and any metal armor. If you draft him, let him fight with leather equipment and weaponless. If you plan to draft him, please let him train up his combat skills first.

Also he should strive to get a nice robe.

2badass4me
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 06:20:59 pm »

I got nothing on this guy... Perhaps I trade him armor grafts every now and then? :P

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 09:14:12 pm »

All 5 dwarves sounding good so far. Two spots left.
Your plans are nice and well-developed, so I'll make sure to update frequently so you can make decisions based on the environment changing and all that.

I'll try to make time tomorrow to play; if not, the next day. Apologies in advance for my stupid college schedule blocks.

Fortress name, group name, embark specifics, and starting equipment specifics are still defaulted, so if there's anything you want, let it be known.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 09:38:30 pm »

Dwarf me as Baffler, Oddjob. His goal is to keep the fort running at any cost, and realizes that other dwarves may not want these not-so-visible jobs. So he would just take any manual labor job (other than hunting/mining/woodcutting.) That would mean a really wide set of labors; like smoothing, hauling, pretty much every workshop farming labor, architecture, crafts, just anything that wouldn't be seen as glamorous but still needs to happen. He should always carry a short sword and wear leather armor, and train with these every six months. He should live at the bed and breakfast, if possible.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 10:53:37 pm »

Put us in a temperate conifer forest. Nothing better then having an army of war grizzlies. Also make sure we have Flux stone please

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
  • Spirallances an epic failure in dwarven history
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 06:29:20 am »

I guess I'll take a male dwarf named Spirallances (real creative name huh) his profession: innkeeper
He'll place an order with whoever is a carpenter to create a tavern which will be sort of a hub for food and drink he'll sit in the back pumping out drinks and food so give him high cook and brewer skills
Ah ha.  Spirallances...
                [-_-]~ Text Ninja I like it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27